148 Lake Street South
Kirkland, WA 98033Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.milagrocantina.com/
- Phone: (425) 952-6270
- Hours of Operation:
Monday through Sunday: 11am to Close
- Payment Options: Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Executive Chef: Matt Williams
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Milagro Cantina
At Milagro Cantina, sights, sounds and aromas mingle to create the romance of a Latin experience. Rich dark woods, leather accents and fiery cauldrons evoke a suave sophistication and flair. The air is filled with the aromas of dishes prepared in authentic style from the freshest local ingredients. The inspiration for the menu draws from regional Mexican cuisine, and the staff spares no detail in preparation.Continued
Join us fireside, in the lively cantina, or on the outdoor patio during a bustling summer evening.
Join us fireside, in the lively cantina, or on the outdoor patio during a bustling summer evening.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Milagro Cantina - Best Restaurants in Kirkland ›
Milagro Cantina reviews from OpenTable diners
29 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (22)hot spot (11)neighborhood gem (10)vibrant bar scene (10)good for groups (8)fit for foodies (5)great for lunch (5)kid-friendly (4)romantic (4)special occasion (2)late-night find (2)great for brunch (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Good food but loudNightouDined on 10/17/2014Milagros has a really nice atmosphere. Very cool interior and the food was innovative Mexican. The downside was the noise level. It was so loud that it was hard to talk to my husband and I couldn't hear anything that the waiter said. Not the spot for a romantic evening out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst Service EverthecoolmommyVIPDined on 10/8/2014Took forever to get my drink (water). Took even longer to get my food (tacos). Waiter never checked back after food was served. Tacos were greasy and ugly (meat plopped on an open tortilla with a slice of avocado - no garnish, no other veggies - horrible presentation). When waiter was called out on bad service he literally yelled at me. HORRIBLE!!!!
- Fantastic lunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/23/2014Met a friend for lunch at MC for the first time - it was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Special 65'th BirthdayJoGaDined on 9/17/2014They made a very significant birthday celebration special with a private room, fantastic service and good food. My husband is diabetic and needed a cake with a lot of fruit on it. They did not have this prepared for us in the restaurant , so it was either one of the staff members, or management went out to a bakery and got this special cake for us. They certainly showed they cared about their customers. In fact, I have never experienced that kind of true caring about customer satisfaction.Special Features:
- Great Dinning Spotdavade3822Dined on 9/12/2014We love this place, service is good and food is also very fresh. Great place to take out of town guest. One small complain is the drink prices......steep but good.Special Features:
- Stylish Mexican in KirklandWickedAwwwsomeDined on 8/26/2014The cantina is a nice, open air location with a great patio to relax, enjoy great appetizers and cocktails. Dinner menu is an upscale Tex-Mex but with a surprisingly reasonable cantina price to quality. Lot's of activity and energy with the people, and on occasion live music. Fun place to hang-out with friends in the trendy Kirkland corner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upscale Mexican in KirklandDawnVIPDined on 8/17/2014This upscale, stylish restaurant and cantina in the heart of downtown Kirkland, does Mexican cuisine right. In the summer the floor-to-ceiling window/walls are open and blur the lines so that even indoor tables have an outdoor feel. I'd highly recommend the ceviche to start, and the seafood enchiladas and rack of lamb Asado style are delicious.Special Features:
- OK PlaceCaroleMDined on 8/9/2014This is a bar that has food. I like their happy hour. The food is just OK. I really hate that you have to buy salsa for your chips. This last trip, I ordered fajitas and the chicken was really dry.Special Features:
- Bad Service!Mira005Dined on 8/2/2014It took over 10 minutes for our server to approach our table, when he finally came to our table I felt like he was inconvenienced by us. Our food arrived and it was barely warm, of course our server never even came to check up on us. After we finished eating he came with our check and asked if he could get us anything else, I told him that we are waiting for a friend and that we would be ordering drinks he did not seem happy about that. Overall bad service!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/2/2014Great experience on a birthday with great ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 45 reviews are from the Milagro Cantina reviews archive.
- Will go again!PeteskyDined on 7/25/2014The tacos were good and flavorfull, but they were messy and too much juices. Tacos shouldn't fall apart. Jalapeño/Cilantro marg. outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went on a first date here !love2dineDined on 7/19/2014We had an amazing time here ! It could not have been more perfect. The table was perfect, the food was very good and the waitress was very attentive. We never waited more than a couple minuets to be asked if we wanted anything. Drinks were great ! It is an upper scale environment. Lots of very nicely dressed people. It served me and my date very well. We met for the first time and the experience here was a blessing for a really great date ! We went dancing a few blocks away but owe a great start to Milargro !!! Thank you we will return :DSpecial Features:
- ChrisDined on 6/28/2014Would not recommend this restaurant. The chicken enchilada I had was bland and tasteless. The large bone included was not acceptable. The black beans as a side dish was not to my liking - tasteless. We are so use to Tex-Mex that this did not hold a candle to that great food. A huge disappointment. When the waiter looked at all the food that was left on my plate he did not even offer a "to go box". VERY loud - hard to carry on a conversation with the person sitting next to you.
- Cool atmosphere, ok foodalliannaDined on 6/25/2014Co workers and I went here for a morale event for the team. We get together every quater for dinner and we can bring spouses and children. We decided to try Milagro Cantina as it was close to work and in downtown Kirkland and no one had been before. The atmosphere was great! Loved the look of the place, great looking bar area and outdoor seating. It was beautiful night and loved the string lights that lit the patio. The food on the other hand could use some work. No one was THRILLED with what they ordered and when it came, it wasnt the best tasting either. For the price I dont believe I would go back. Maybe for Happy Hour or the AWESOME curros they had. ( The hight light of the night.)Special Features:
- Decent food with good locationIluvatmosphereDined on 6/19/2014We went with a couple of friends on a Thursday night. The food was ok but did not justify the price. It has a nice location and is a busy spot. It is a little loud to talk but the outside seating was nice on a warm evening. I've been to Milagro twice now so I probably don't need to go back for awhile. Dinner for four without drinks was $110.Special Features:
- great findtooloudtoooldDined on 6/14/2014food and service were fabulous, could turn the tv off in the bar and take the music down a bit so one can hear at the tablesSpecial Features:
- Really a splendid placeDaddinerDined on 6/13/2014Took 10 folks for dinner. Moved reservation and no problem. Handled our vibrant table of babies and drinkers quite well. Great service and lots of funSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average food, poor serviceDarrenPVIPDined on 6/13/2014Have been here several times. The food is usually decent , but not the greatest quality. The service is usually not good. The waiters seem very overworked and continually forget things. Last night we were there and we had no silverware still after 5 minutes of having our food served..drinks took forever . Seems like tis place is redesigning their interior to cater to more of a party crowd rather than dining. Their second bar they just built takes up half the existing dining room. And looks very out of place.Special Features:
- Service too slowOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/12/2014Hello!we had a great time at Milagros cantina but service was very slow on food and drinks took forever to get to our table :/ also one of our friends had to wait 45 minutes to get his food because there was a big confuse on the order.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly RecommendedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/31/2014We were greeted in a very friendly manor. The manager was extremely friendly and very accommodating. Our waiter was from the first few words out of his mouth was extremely kind and informative.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MIlagroOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/31/2014We frequent Milagro often and thought to go this weekend and sit outside as the weather was beautiful however never again as it was packed and therefore the food sub-par and the service not good.Special Features:
- Great food and awesome service!CrystelC1earDined on 5/24/2014My friend and I are complete foodies who are always trying out different restaurants. We dined at Milagro Cantina after hearing about it from a friend. We LOVED the ambiance upon entering and we were seated quickly. Both my friend and I ordered a house margarita (which was a little more pricey at $9.50 a glass) and the Carne Asada. Everything was delicious! Portions were just right and the dish was tasty. Though the prices were a little on the pricey side, the quality was well worth it. Our server Jorge was awesome! He was kind, courteous and so funny. We drove all the way from Renton to try out Milagro and because of our great experience, we'll definitely be making the trip up more often!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good location, poor servicedogrescuerDined on 5/15/2014Great place for outdoor dining but the service was horrible. It took about 10-15 minutes for drink orders to arrive and we continuously had to ask for refills on water.Special Features:
- The food was good but...DJCJRDined on 5/14/2014It was a sunny Wednesday night and the restaurant was very busy. It took a long time to place our order and also to get our food.Special Features:
- best Mexican food!dolphin48Dined on 5/11/2014Great place for sitting outside. Margarita selection is huge, and we loved the food. Green Enchilada had so much flavor, not too spicy. Chicken Mole one of tbe best around, very good and authentic. Will be back to try other dishes!Special Features:
- Fun lunch!luv2celebrateDined on 4/26/2014I took my best friend to lunch for her birthday. We splurged and had 2 margaritas each, an entrée and shared a fabulous dessert. The service was very friendly and attentive. The only thing that could have been perfect was for the construction project (new bar?) to be completed and the white sheets gone! It was a quiet spot, however, and my friend was very happy with my choice.Special Features:
- Very Loud DinnerMarkyMarkDined on 4/25/2014Went here on a special dinner date, place was good but got very loud, tables very close to each other with everyone trying to talk over the next party.
- Good vibe and decor. FoodJimCDined on 4/12/2014Good vibe and decor. Food quality (and preparation) is high quality but overpriced. Paying for chips and salsa at a Mexican style restaurant is painful. All that being said, nice restaurant, vibe and location for a night out with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Back to Cactus.EasyGoingDined on 4/12/2014There is a minor remodel or repair going on. They appear to have changed ownership or management since last year. Food was just so so. $12 quacamole appeared to be processed. The tortillas on the tacos fell apart as they were eaten? The server was very different. He had a very unusual table presence. We will go back to Cactus.Special Features:
- Great food okay serviceKrockDined on 3/7/2014I really enjoyed the food at this spot and their tequila list was great! In addition the decor and enviroment was eclectic and fun. The only downside is that the service was slow. Our waitress was very friendly, but it took a long time to get our order and a long time to get our checks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and ambience was veryRionDined on 3/7/2014Food and ambience was very good, Although an energetic restaurant, the booths provided an element of privacy. I will definitely return (this was my second visit)...and look forward to summer when the doors and windows open. Service was only set back..a bit slow and we had to ask for our server. However, the restaurant was quick to acknowledge and comp'ed us a serving of chips and salsa. I really like this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Undecided if we will returnsmithsinkirklandDined on 2/28/2014The service was very slow. Lot's of mistakes. Once our appetizers order came out it was not correct. It was fixed, but then we were brought another tables meals, again corrected. Once our meals were finally brought many items were incorrect. My Daughter order the Seafood Enchiladas with flour tortillas, when they arrived the server told her sorry, the Seafood Enchiladas are premade and we couldn't change. Isn't take something they should know in advance? My order was brought wrong, I ordered no rice and all black beans and got the opposite,(it was returned and changed) and another one of our guests order was incorrect. At this point he didn't want to complain and just ate it.
- Fun with friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/8/2014We booked a reservation for 10 to celebrate a birthday. We had a great time as the restaurant set us up in our own private room just off the main dining area. The food and service was exceptional making for a fun-filled evening. Highly recommend Milagro Cantina for your next evening out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great Place with Ambiance!TrixDined on 1/10/2014Would definitely recommend! It covers a multitude and mix of dining requirements for enjoyment whether adults on a date or families for a nice dinner.Special Features:
- Good but...SaraDined on 1/3/2014Loved the ambiance however we all roasted as did a few other tables sitting under the heaters. We were near the fireplace & couldn't escape the heat. We all wanted to stay longer, have another round of drinks & dessert but needed to either leave & cool off or go to the bar (which was full) so we left instead. I've been before in the summer & had a better experience so we'll keep our visits to the summer. There were a couple of other tables that were trying to move from the heated windows & they were struggling also. Our waiter was curtious but we had to ask for refills on drinks & chips. Loved the ambiance & that it was all adults, it was just awfully warm. Told the waitress we were baking & she said the heat is either on or off.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Year's EveOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/31/2013I made a reservation hoping to get a booth. The group in front of me requested a booth and got one right away when I requested a booth for my reservation they did not have one available I had to wait. Another con was a kid was running around dipping her hands in the fountain water right next to my table . Overall the lobster Asada was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great to be seated at theOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 12/31/2013Great to be seated at the bar - where the action is. Jalapeno margaritas and fajitas followed by Mexican coffees and churros. Typically vibrant and a nice energy level. Open table top fire pits add to the ambience.Special Features:
- Menu changedDisappointedDined on 12/29/2013Menu has changed and we don't believe the food is nearly as good as in the past. Milagro has always been one of our favorite places to take out of town guests and to go when we want a special occasion. We will give it another try in a month or so but were very disappointed with the changes in the menu.
- We had a group lunch at MilagronorthwestnativeDined on 12/18/2013We had a group lunch at Milagro a few months ago in a quiet dining room in the back of the restaurant. The restaurant itself was not very busy, but the service was slow, the food took a long time for our group of 14 and when it did come out, some dishes were rather cold. It was a disappointing dining experience and we would not return. I was counting on this restaurant (which I visited once before with a group of 4 and had a good overall experience) to be efficient for this medium sized group, but it didn't pan out and I could not recommend it for a medium to large sized group, which is too bad because it has potential.
- Pricey Mexican foodMrsBVIPDined on 12/6/2013The waiter asked if we wanted chips as an appetizer and then we were surprised to find out that there was a $3 charge for the chips & 3 types of salsas. The salsas were good but this was the first Mexican restaurant that I've heard of that charges for chips and salsa. I ordered carne asada ($21) and I didn't think it was as flavorful as others that i've had. We were also surprised by the prices. I'm not sure if they have different prices for dinner, but $21 is expensive for lunch! The ambience was great though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.