811 N. Jefferson St.
Milwaukee, WI 53202Neighborhood:
Comfort FoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mikeysmilwaukee.com/
- Phone: 4142735397x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Wednesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Jed Hunter
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Dancing, Delivery, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Mikey's Skylight Room is the perfect area to hold your next party, event or special occasion. Our Skylight Room seats 75 comfortably for dinner or 150 for cocktails & appetizers.
- Private Party Contact: Jeff Duport 4142735397x
A word from Mikey's
Whether seeking an upscale dining experience or on the prowl for an upbeat night on the town, Mi•Key’s is one of Milwaukee’s preferred hotspots. Its dual nature – polished-casual dining by day, hip cocktail lounge by night – is what gives Mi•Key’s its distinctive flare. The all-American establishment pays homage to Milwaukee’s blue-collar roots with an emblematic atmosphere of cream city brick, brushed steel, and cool blue neon lighting. And with a lunch and dinner menu that pairs affordable comfort food with a twist (as in the Three-cheese Macaroni and Four-meat Meatloaf) with outright sophisticated fare (á la Eggplant Napoleon and Chicken Saltimbocca), Mi•Key’s cuisine is as eclectic and diverse as its clientele.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Mikey's reviews from OpenTable diners
5 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
late-night find (1)good for groups (1)romantic (1)fit for foodies (1)notable wine list (1)vibrant bar scene (1)hot spot (1)neighborhood gem (1)Show More
- We will be back!YourothermotherDined on 10/17/2014All in all, Mi-key's was a delight. We had the calamari for a starter, breading was a bit much but overall good flavor and not overcooked. For mains we had the chicken broccoli gnocchi and the Top Sirloin steak. The steak was perfectly cooked and a great cut of meat-delicious! The gnocchi was good, the sauce a bit gluey for my taste. Service was prompt and the atmosphere cozy yet fun. I would definitely return!Special Features:
- Just OKdhjhDined on 10/10/2014Disappointed in the quality of the food...Nothing I'd go back for. Had fish fry and a salad.Special Features:
- The following 120 reviews are from the Mikey's reviews archive.
- Wonderful experience.FoodieVIPDined on 6/10/2014We tried Mi-key's for the first time during Downtown Dining Week and we certainly weren't disappointed. Food was very good and service matched. We will definitely be back some other time!Special Features:
- Little effortSweettoothDined on 6/5/2014The staff was friendly, but paid no attention to detail. They did not suggest anything, not even the event that brought us in. Gave us no small plates for the shared appetizers. Served one of my hard ciders straight from the tap and one over ice, then was confused when I asked for a fresh one without ice. Maybe if I was a drunken older man they could flirt with for tips, I would have gotten better service.
- LauraVIPDined on 5/24/2014We were there on a Sat night during Memorial Day wknd, which was quiet in the restuarant. Our server was great and we both really enjoyed the food. I'm GF and found several good options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls Night OutOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/9/2014Had a great time at Mikey's. Food was delicious. Service was nice. Drinks were a little overpriced for what they were..nothing special. Overall, enjoyed myself and would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- walksDined on 4/26/2014We did not stay and dine. My wife was very disturbed with the decore.
- Very fun!ShannonVIPDined on 4/10/2014My parents visit Milwaukee about twice a year and since we brought Mikey's back into our restaurant rotation (we thought it didn't take a great turn the past couple of years, after it's initial impressive arrival) we have been very happy customers! The food is simple but delicious, and the drinks were good too. The bar seemed pretty active and the music was a little loud but still fun. The service was very good and did I mention the food was delicious-the loaded nachos were sooo satisfying, although we wished there was a bit more sour cream,overall everything was excellent.Special Features:
- Valentine's daysimmy98Dined on 2/14/2014Took my wife there on valentine's day. We had a great time. Waitress was attentive but not overly there all the time, I think that was mostly because we told her we weren't in a rush to be anywhere else. The whole dining experience was very relaxed and enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unexpected greatnessOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014We didn't expect such a wonderful experience on valentines day, but we were pleasantly surprised with the specials for the occasion. Food was fresh and quite delicious!! We will return and we highly recommend. Valet parking and convenient location to the theater. Cheese curds best in the city!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT SERVICEOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/8/2014My fiance's family was in town and we had a group of 7 on Saturday night with no reservations. After not having much luck at a few other locations, Mikey's got us in and set up right away. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. The food was great and the place was pretty much empty which suited us just fine.Special Features:
- Good last minute find!jimestenDined on 12/13/2013First time visitor .. food was very good (especially the home made chips!) though one of the burgers was a bit overcooked. (this is one of the SURG restaurants and used locally raised beef .. big plus there!) Great music playing, but not so loud that it wasn't easy to carry on a conversation. Great view of the cathedral .. with the square all it up for the holidays. Service was good, though given that we came at the tweener time between the dinner hours and the night crowd, not very attentive given the place was pretty empty. Very enjoyable atmosphere and overall experieince though -- we'll certainly give this one another try!Special Features:
- Our experience was good -YummyYummyDined on 10/26/2013Our experience was good - we had a large group (about 8) and were looking for a last minute reservation. We had a hard time finding a place to accommodate us on such short notice on a Saturday night around 7:30pm. Service was great! Wasn't very busy - awkward time between dinner and going out. Server was great and recommended a great beer! Food was decent. Great 90's pandora station playing! I would recommend this place for drinks/night life but probably not for dinner!Special Features:
- Really good!ShannonVIPDined on 10/23/2013We hadn't been to Mikey's in a long time & thought we'd give it a try again-pleasantly surprised! A lot of menu changes-all good! Very basic but with a twist! Beef nachos were a great starter and the burgers were really good too. Also great drinks!Special Features:
- Poor service...will not returndowntowndinerDined on 6/12/2013I had lunch here w/ co-workers for Downtown Dining Week. While the food was decent, the service was terrible. Our server brought us an iced tea without ice, I had to ask 3 times before she brought me lemons for my water, and she did not bother to see if we needed refills throughout our meal (which we did). We bussed our own dishes between meals, sending a clear signal that we were ready for the next course, but it still took at least 10 mins for our dishes to be cleared & then more time before our next course came out. She screwed up our bill and added an extra $10 meal, for which we had to track her down to tell her it was wrong. Worst of all was just how long everything took - with no explanation from our server about where our food was.
- Dining WeekHolferrellDined on 6/6/2013I am chalking this up to the 1st meal of Milwaukee dining week, but it was not a great experience. Made a reservation for 12:45. Got there at 12:45 and there were open tables, but did not get seated until 1:05. Service was slow and disjointed. Had to ask for silverware twice. Food was lukewarm and seemed thrown together. (We ordered off Milwaukee dining week menu.) Just overall, not what I had heard about this place. I will try again, but after Milwaukee Dining Week.Special Features:
- Not Ready For Dining WeekEaterDined on 6/6/2013Staff was clearly overwhelmed. Service terribly slow. A bad first visit.
- Hmmmm....icerhymerDined on 6/6/2013Service was friendly but very slow. When geared at business crowd, lunch cannot take 2 hours to complete. Food was more like bar food.
- Got to try it!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/27/2013We tried this place with another couple and found it on OpenTable. The food, service and ambience was suprisingly awesome. The wings and cheese curd appetizers were delicious. Salads and burgers we as well. Plenty of fun cocktails and good micro brew on tap. We were going to see Joe Bonamassa and were concerned about having to wait for seats and service and feeling rushed so we did not miss the concert. Not an issue at Mikey's on a Saturday night at 6:30pm. I highly recommend thisSpecial Features:
- Some unique twists on goodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/27/2013Some unique twists on good old American comfort food makes that menu interesting. The server was attentive and never missed a beat, even though the dining room was overflowing. The Cheese Curd Mac and Cheese was an unexpected treat, as was the meatloaf. The filet was also nice and tender. AS to other reviews stating that the prices are too high - nonsense! Only in tightwad Milwaukee are there continuous gripes about restaurant prices. Want a cheap meal?? Go to Denny's. The prices at Mi-Key's are very reasonable! Overall, an enjoyable dining experience.Special Features:
- Food was very good. The onlykmohoDined on 4/6/2013Food was very good. The only drawback it had was they had no white zinfandel only whites and reds. What restaurant doesn't carry all three types?Special Features:
- Went to the restaurant laterOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/30/2013Went to the restaurant later on a Saturday night, had a reservation for 9:30. We were seated immediately and the hostess took our drink and food orders within a few minutes. Appetizers came out first, had the beer battered chees curds, delicious! I went with a burger and my wife had the tilapia tacos both wer cooked to perfection and was too much to finish and had to leave with a to-go box. Hostess was attentive even when the bar picked up, somehwere around 10:00. Not many other people were dining, we might have actually been the only ones, but it was still very comfortable. After finishing the meal we stayed to have another cocktail. Over all, we had a great time, enjoyed the food and atmosphere. Would definitly go back.Special Features:
- Quiet the night we went.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/9/2013Quiet the night we went. Great food. Great service. Reasonable prices. Excellent homemade chicken soup and apple pie. My wife's salmon was among the best she ever ate. My pork chops were cooked to perfection. Will return soon.Special Features:
- Great food. Very good drinkLikefoodDined on 2/23/2013Great food. Very good drink menu. Friendly and prompt staff. Everyone had a positive attitude and it was obvious they were there to make sure we had a positive experience. Thanks for a great dinner and overall experience!Special Features:
- Not worth the Large amount of moneyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/22/2013The food overall was not bad, the service was not the greatest. Not really something I had expected. It was for a birthday surprise and I had never been there before so I was expecting something diffrent. Server had a more "oh well what ever" attitude. I most likely wont be going there againSpecial Features:
- Good Food/Excellent Svc but NoisyWilsonVIPDined on 2/21/2013Throughout the entire time from start to finish our server was excellent - trying very hard to make sure our experience was the best. We were a group of 6 - a monthly dinner group and we pick different places to try and then rerun those selections too. We had a varied selection of entrees and each one was excellent. Meat loaf was good. Salmon was good. Pork chops were good. Tilapia was good. The sides offered were fresh and good. There was great consistency in food preparation. And the deserts were good too. But it's hard to tell what this place wants to be - either a restaurant or a bar. Very noisy atmosphere. Poor wine selections.Special Features:
- The Meatloaf was amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/9/2013The Meatloaf was amazing! Highly recommend it. its not your standard or usual meatloaf. its pork and beef with a mushroom gravy sauce.Special Features:
- We went on a Saturday nightOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/15/2012We went on a Saturday night at 5, so pretty early. No one else there when we arrived, but people started arriving soon. I would not say it was jumping, but a nice pleasant spot. We sat by fireplace, and it felt good. Owner stopped by to say hi. Food good and service very good as well. I'm sure it's livlier as the night goes on. Would definitely return.
- Very Enjoyable Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/8/2012We had reservations for 8 for 7:10pm on a Sat night. The place is smaller than many other resturants but which is one of the reasons we chose it. The noise level was good and allowed us to hear each other comfortably. We all had a variety of foods and everyone enjoyed our meals. The waiter allowed us time to chat and never once rushed us but was always attentive. The place became more lively the later the night. By 10pm there were considerable more people (most in their 20s and 30s). We had a table by the windows and would have had a beautiful view of Cathedral Square all lit up for Christmas, but for the cars parking and obstructing the view. But it was still nice walk over to the park after dinner. We used valet parking.Special Features:
- I don't know how to rate thisOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/6/2012I don't know how to rate this place fairly. The place was empty on a Saturday night at 7:00 PM. We were the only two people in the place. The steak had decent flavor but was full of fat and gristle. The waiter showed up three times he took our order, delivered our drinks, and food. Not that I like too much attention, but it made me wonder where they were since there were no customers. I would have thought they would have wanted to work harder realizing tips would be scarce. To bad, atmosphere and location are great, but I won't be going back anytime soon, there are to many other great places to try
- Glad we returned!FredVIPDined on 10/5/2012It had been many years since we tried Mikey's, and didn't think we would return. We were surprised by how quiet it was for a Friday evening. But we were very happy to stick with our choice. Our server was extremely friendly. My shrimp bisque was tasty and full of shrimp, a great start to this cool autumn evening. I think my wife could make a meal of the tomato basil bread soup it was so good. But she loved the fish entree. My salmon was very large and done perfectly, full of fresh flavor. All in all, a great meal...we shall return!Special Features:
- I took a chance in bookingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/4/2012I took a chance in booking reservations here since I had never heard of Mi-Keys before, but was greatly rewarded in taking such a chance! Wonderful restaurant, delicious food, great service and EXTREMELY reasonably priced. I highly recommend anyone to try them out. You will not be disappointed!Special Features:
- We were the only people eatingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/11/2012We were the only people eating at the restaurant on a Saturday night at 7:15 p.m. There were two people at the bar. I ordered a glass of wine ($11) and it was in a disappointingly small glass and a bit of a shallow pour. The guys liked the steak but I thought the asparagus was warmed over from another night. It was very wrinkled and chewy. The potato side dish on my husband's plate was definitely warmed over from another night. I would not go back.
- Had a great time enjoyingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/27/2012Had a great time enjoying a quiet time with my wife. We ended up having the entire restaurant to ourselves. Reservation was a 7pm time and no one was in the place except for us, wow! Really enjoyed someone else making the meal for us and being able to talk with out the usual hub bub of noise in a restaurant. Maybe the opening night of the Olympics had an affect but other places nearby were busier. Thanks for a wonderful experience, we will be back!Special Features:
- Server was very nice and attentive.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/7/2012Server was very nice and attentive. Food was fast, hot and great tasting. Yummy comfort food!Special Features:
- Food was fine. Servers wereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/28/2012Food was fine. Servers were horrible: poor attitude, couldn't find our server when we wanted the check. No excuse when it wasn't even busy.
- Thoroughly enjoyed or dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/19/2012Thoroughly enjoyed or dinner & or waiter did a fantastic job. Would definitely recommend to friends.Special Features:
- More of a bar/club than restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/13/2012It's more of a bar/club than a restaurant. My wife and I hoped for a nice dinner, just the two of us, but the music was too loud, and we could hardly hear the waiter or each other. Eventually, it was turned down, but only a bit. Decent wines list and nice variety of food, with reasonable prices. My wife's steak was a bit underdone (asked for medium, got medium-rare), and she sent it back. They took care of it and comped dessert for the trouble, which was nice. It's a nice place to meet after work for drinks, and maybe for a group to have some food, but not if you expect to have a conversation.Special Features:
- First time there. We hadOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/31/2012First time there. We had a 10:15pm reservation on a Saturday night and it was busy- DJ playing, bachelorette party in the back room. We moved our reservation from 9:45pm by phone and when we got there, they had changed staff and the new host didn't know we were coming so we didn't have a table. We ended up sitting at a small cocktail table right next to the DJ. Our waitress brought me the best cosmo which I think might've been a way to apologize. Everything we had was good except the mac n cheese we took to go. Would still eat there again, but more likely to come back for drinks if that late at night.Special Features:
- This was a diamond in theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2012This was a diamond in the ruff. A great find, will be re-visiting :)Special Features: