4524 Southlake Parkway Ste. 7
Birmingham, AL 35244Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.mikeysgrill.com/
- Phone: 2055387637
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Friday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm; Saturday - Sunday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Cajun
- Executive Chef: Michael Lee
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please call us to inquire about catering.
- Private Party Facilities: Please call to inquire about renting the restaurant.
- Private Party Contact: Melissa Lee 2055387637
A word from Mikey's Grill
Mikey's Grill is owned and operated by Michael (affectionately known as "Mikey") and his sister, Melissa Lee. They have over thirty years of combined restaurant experience. Mikey has only the freshest seafood delivered multiple times a week, he cuts all steaks in house and even makes all of the his own sauces and bread. Mikey's is truly a family affair; with Mikey whipping up amazing creations with a Cajun flare in the kitchen, Melissa, selecting the wine and running the front and even their Mom, Donna, pitches in baking her delectable homemade desserts!Continued
If you are looking for an amazing dining experience, try us out! It is truly one of Hoover, Alabama's hidden gems!!
If you are looking for an amazing dining experience, try us out! It is truly one of Hoover, Alabama's hidden gems!!
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Mikey's Grill - Best Restaurants in Birmingham ›
Mikey's Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
35 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (26)fit for foodies (12)special occasion (10)romantic (9)notable wine list (6)good for groups (5)great for lunch (5)great for outdoor dining (4)kid-friendly (3)hot spot (3)late-night find (2)vibrant bar scene (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Good Food, weekend waitrcnbhmDined on 10/17/2014Had reservations. We were seated on time. Waiter was pleasant and knowledgeable about the menu. Had the delicious steamed crab craw appetizer...Order extra bread as the sauce is excellent. The snapper special with Andouille sausage and crab topping was good, but the snapper was overcooked. I'll give them a faux-pas on this Friday night as they were very busy with a large waiting list. But every good chef knows it's a sin to overcook fish. I've eaten at Mikey's several times and will be back again soon...On a weeknight. And I'm going to have the same thing. I'll report back on that experience.Special Features:
- love love lovebpsaDined on 10/15/2014Love this resturant food is always great and something new each time. Friendly staff and they always remember what you like and your nameSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Little Pub not a Fine RestaurantDineinbhamDined on 10/14/2014I ordered the chef's special which was red snapper w/shrimp and oysters. It came with a salad which was tried to upsell to the Caesar salad for $4 more (than the $29.95 price of the special) or the Greek salad for ($3.50). I chose the side salad with Greek dressing. A plate of greens with 3 cucumber slices and 2 cherry tomatoes arrived soaking in oil/vinegar. When my meal arrived, the snapper was half the size of my phone, 4 cold shrimp, 3 shriveled and cool oysters floating in some kind of sauce. There was a piece of lemon, a thin slice of cantelope, and some unidentifiable sliver of something. No side was served with this meal. I took one bite each of the cold shrimp, cool oyster, and fish, then sent the meal back. Will never be back!
- Delightful dinnerShouldhavebeencajunDined on 10/11/2014Don't let the storefront appearance steer you away from Mikey's. The food and service were excellent! Seafood gumbo was seasoned just right for those who still want to taste the seafood and not be overwhelmed by a red pepper kick. Fish dishes were perfect and well presented. The bread pudding was one of the best desserts we've had in Birmingham.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GoodconservativefoodieDined on 10/10/2014Enjoy it every time and this was probably our 20th visit. Food was great and of course our Crab Cake to start us off was as good as ever. See you before too long.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food. Local dining optionSouthLakersDined on 9/13/2014Overall our food was good and served at proper temps as they used a runner for food delivery. Not a big deal but there seemed to be sufficient staffing but hostess was having to manage team too closely. Ordered draft beer arrived 15 - 20 minutes later. Waiter said changing keg, waiter overwhelmed. Bar and restaurant were full. Waiter's inexperience created some issues. Nice guy (couple before us complemented hostess about him) while true he lingered at times almost awkwardly and didn't handle small problems well. More bread. Never made it. Ordered crème sauce on side of steak -- smothered it. Wife said send it back but just didn't have the heart to do so. Entrees included salad but need side veggie. For price, needs to be stepped up a bit.
- gvale1Dined on 9/10/2014First visit - food excellent (especially the crabcake) as was service! A bit noisy. Will go back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great expeienceluvmickesDined on 9/9/2014We have been to Mickey's before and will return. The service was great and timely. The food was prepared deliciously.Special Features:
- Family Gemlove2eatDined on 9/6/2014We love Mikey's. Thanks to Melissa's efforts to win us over, we are definitely fans now, and go every chance we get. One recent special occasion, when we needed to accommodate 13 guests for my daughter's birthday, we chose Mikey's and the experience was wonderful. Melissa created a special menu just for us based mainly on my need to control costs, since I was picking up the tab for all these people. The menu choices included our favorites, the Cajun Black and Blue, the chicken saltimbocco, seafood pasta, alligator, and grilled salmon. EVERYONE in our group ranted and raved about the food: for many it was their first time visiting Mikey's, and they all said they would definitely come back!Special Features:
- A wonderful experienceMaxxDined on 9/6/2014Great Food, Excellent service, (Chris) and worth the trip!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HawkHawkDined on 8/30/2014The best seafood in town as well as the best bread pudding. Chris is an outstanding server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still our favorite dinner spotDooziesDadDined on 8/23/2014With the friendliest staff and management in town, Mikey's is always an enjoyable experience. From the menu standards to the occasional special offerings, one can expect excellent preparation and choices. We tend to like the seafood and Bayou inspired dishes, but enjoy the occasional steak, which is always just as ordered. Crab cake lovers need to check out this offering...outstanding. BTW, if you love Caesar salad, they have one of the best I've ever encountered. They have several outdoor tables when the weather is suitable, though we're more the indoor type diners. As I have mentioned before, they also make a first rate real martini.Special Features:
- citconcitconDined on 8/15/2014Food and service always great and what I judge most restaurants "consistent quality you can count on"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food - insanely loud music1stTimerDined on 8/9/2014The food was wonderful and service adequate. But it's a small place and they had live music which was not only poor quality but LOUD. So loud that my husband and I had to shout across the table at each other. It was a special occasion and other reviews said romantic but our nite there was not! Might as well have celebrated our anniversry in a Sports bar. Will go back but only for take out. Too expensive to lack ambience to that degree.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at Mikey's Grill with wifeTommyboyDined on 8/9/2014Ate there several months ago - wonderful meal. Went there (w/ Groupon) this Saturday night - a nightmare! Was obvious the service was overwhelmed by the crowd. We were place outside in the corner. Waiter was scarce at best. Table next to us lost two different groups - literally walked out because wasn't being served. Noise level in restaurant way too loud - Mikey's doesn't need a live singer - let people talk and enjoy the food. When our dish arrived, they mixed up the order. The macadamia encrusted snapper was good, but was served with cold butter? Wife had the Grouper Oscar and it was excellent.
- Neighborhood dining for the foodie.WarEagleHugsDined on 8/2/2014Was yet again impressed with my dish at Mikey's. The baked salmon with the dill just melted in my mouth. It's so nice to have a place in an area of convenience and peacefulness that doesn't like on high quality food. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/1/2014as always food and service was great. the macadamia snapper is special,the grouper oscar very good we also had a cored fried green tomato with sausage and crawfish with creme sauce app very goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/26/2014As always the food quality was superior. The food is never the issue at Mikey's...it is the service. The service was exceptionally slow. It took 30 minutes to have the waiter take a drink order and even longer to receive the drinks. Then received the wrong drink twice. Took over 45 minutes to receive our meal after receiving the salad. When to food arrived, it was great. It just took a really long time to get it.
- great foodclydeDined on 6/26/2014This restaurant has great food and the selection is notable. The service was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was very goodMike0870Dined on 6/25/2014Very well prepared. Wasn't happy with my entry but it was replaced very fast with something fabulous... The prices are a little higher than expected for a neighborhood type place. Will not be able to visit very often due to the cost..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 96 reviews are from the Mikey's Grill reviews archive.
- excellent top end foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/21/2014local high end dinner , but never to crowded and food is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still one of the bestDooziesDadDined on 6/14/2014We've been fans of Mikey's since they opened, and it is still our favorite restaurant. Very friendly staff (and owners), very good seafood dishes with a touch of South Lousiana influence on some.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My BirthdayLuvthewineDined on 6/13/2014The food was excellent. Christine did an outstanding job serving us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mikey's Scores AgainDBCottrellDined on 6/13/2014Once again, Mikey's was fantastic. Great food and great service (Chris). Love this place.Special Features:
- Excellent!GailVIPDined on 6/11/2014Once again, great food and service-- brought another friend who had not been there before and she said she was definitely coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food and servicekinitbhamDined on 6/5/2014we had alligator for an app. and then had grilled maui with scallops and shrimp as entree. Fantastic! Chris, our server was fantastic as well, very knowledgeableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never Fails To ImpressDBCottrellDined on 5/24/2014Once again Mikey's proved to be perfect. We had another outstanding dinner, enjoyed a new great new appetizer and was once again treated to outstanding service by Chris. We highly recommend Mikey'sSpecial Features:
- Outstanding DinnerDooziesDadDined on 5/10/2014Although we are regulars at Mikeys, our last visit was extra good, thanks to one of Mikey's occasional special offerings. The usual offerings are excellent, but a new taste is always fun, so when he does a special offering, I tend to go for it. Love Melissa and the staff as well. All around great place to lunch or dine.Special Features:
- Our favorite dinner spotDooziesDadDined on 4/19/2014We have become regulars at Mikey's on Saturday evenings. Mikey takes care of great food preparation (seafood, bayou dishes, steaks), while Melissa and staff manage really good hospitality and service. Among my personal favorites are the gumbo, Surf and Swamp, and excellent Caesar Salad, and wife loves the crab cakes and Grouper Oscar. Although I dodge the ribeye due to health issues, upon the rare occasion I've had it, I found it excellent, and the filet mignon is good as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never Fails To ImpressDBCottrellDined on 4/11/2014We fell in lover with Mikey's shortly after it opened and our opinion has never changes. It is our favorite restaurant. The food is outstanding and the service has always been excellent. If you love great food, great service and a very comfortable atmosphere then we highly recommend Mikey's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding SeafoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/29/2014This is a consistently good restaurant with excellent fish dishes prepared differently from what you will normally find in this city. The Grouper is outstanding as well as the snapper. Mikey's is bringing a little New Orleans to the magic city. Also, I should absolutely mention the staff who are very attentive as well.Special Features:
- Great Food/Not so good serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/15/2014The food was excellent but table service was sub-standard. Our waiter was nice but didn't seem well trained. He couldn't remember who ordered what (only 4 at our table) and messed up bar orders. We had great service on our prior visit so this may have been an isolated incident.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No disappointmentsInvernessResidentDined on 2/21/2014I've dined at Mikey's several times before so am familiar with the menu. We went with my daughter and her husband, who have never been before, and every entree' was really great. And we ordered the gambit, from steak to grouper to pasta. Even the alligator appetizer was outstanding. They really loved it! I've not written a review before, but seeing Mikey's through their eyes, I felt I should pass the thumbs up along.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful EveningMikeDined on 2/15/2014I had tried to get a reservation for Valentines day but without success. Decided to go on Saturday night. We had a wonderful evening with great foodand service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Find!InTheHamVIPDined on 2/15/2014First time at Mikey's was great! The food was excellent. Beer and wine selection was very good. Service was very prompt and knowledgeable. It was a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet Saturday eveningLynnDined on 2/15/2014After hearing positive reviews from friends we decided to try it on Saturday evening. We arrived just ahead of our 6:30 reservation and were seating quickly. Our waiter soon arrived to take drink orders and provide warm bread. We started with the grilled shrimp and drawn butter. I had the filet and crab cake and my wife had the grouper. After our main course we shared warm apply pie with ice cream. Overall, a very positive experience. The only negatives would appear to be associated with the evening being very busy (all tables were full). A shortage of stands for the wine bucket meant that we had to place it on the table - not really a big deal but it took up space. Definitely will visit again.Special Features:
- Excellent through and through!TyandKimDined on 2/15/2014Excellent food, and the best service!! Mikey's is number one on our list!! If you haven't tried the crab cakes, you're missing out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5 starMAP1Dined on 2/14/2014A true hidden gem. Everything about our Valentine's evening was superb. You can't go wrong with Mikey's Grill. There truly was not a weak part of our experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reservations?LandrockDined on 2/14/2014If you want to eat here at 7, you'll be better off making a reservation for 6. This is the second time we've dined here and we had reservations both times. This is the second time that we've had to wait at least 40 minutes past our reservation time to be seated. There is a limited, set menu (7-8 items only), and yet they were running out of certain items on the menu. Once seated we waited 30 minutes for complimentary bread to come out of the oven. The salads were served in a timely manner, then we waited another 40 minutes for the entrees to come out. The food is pretty good here, but when you've got a babysitter waiting on you, I'd pass. Too many other places with quality food are able to get the timing right to deal with it here.
- Very good as always!SteveDined on 2/14/2014Big fan of Mikeys' Grill. We are glad we made reservations since they were so busy on Valentines Day.Special Features: