228W. 72nd St.
New York, NY 10023Neighborhood:
Upper West Side
KosherPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mikesbistro.com/
- Phone: 2127993911
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Sunday - Thursday: 11:45am - 2:30pm;
Dinner: Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:45pm,
Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:45pm,
Saturday: 5:30pm - 9:45pm
Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Kosher
- Executive Chef: Michael Gershkovich
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wine
- Catering: Mike's Bistro can provide outside catering options. Please call the restaurant for details.
- Private Party Facilities: We offer private dining rooms within our restaurant that also work well for any number of social events - rehearsal dinners, weddings, birthday celebrations and reunions.
- Private Party Contact: Katie 2127993911
A word from Mike's Bistro
"Mike's Bistro combines an elegant menu with a relaxed, spacious atmosphere in a convenient Upper West Side location. Chef Michael Gershkovich creates and executes a contemporary, internationally inspired, Glatt Kosher (OU) gourmet menu with seasonally-inspired nuances."Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Mike's Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
2 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance5Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (2)special occasion (2)fit for foodies (1)great for brunch (1)romantic (1)Show More
- Pure DelicacieTomerDined on 6/15/2014Mike's Bistro prepares the food and delivers elegantly, and everything from soup to nuts is outstanding. Good Luck in your new location!Special Features:
- espyDined on 6/15/2014Love the food and the service. Mike's a warm affable guy, and a wonderful chef. It was lovely.Special Features:
- Excellent findSpider125Dined on 5/29/2014Top notch kosher restaurant. All courses excellent, solid service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delish!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/18/2014The food is really delicious and if you're kosher, it's the place to go! Nice service too.
- Kosher GemKosherFoodieDined on 5/12/2014Mike's Bistro is at the forefront on Kosher fine dining. It was a delightful dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- simply the best.MikePVIPDined on 5/7/2014Great food cooked with care and thought served in a civilized setting. Worth the money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for the food optionsStellaDined on 5/5/2014We went to Mike's for the non-dairy aspect, since my husband has an extreme sensitivity. The food was very good. We really enjoyed our meal and the freedom to not have to ask what was dairy free, since everything is. I would definitely go back.
- Delicious food!SandyDined on 4/28/2014The gnocchi was amazing! Really, all the food was SO good. The dessert was fantastic. They make their own dairy-free ice cream and it was so creamy and delicious. We had a great time celebrating our anniversary there. The service was fantastic, the food was great...overall wonderful dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice experience!DoctorPDined on 4/9/2014We went out withfriends and we had a very nice time! Food was delicious! Ambiance nice. We had a private corner. A great experience all around!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was great, but afterOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/8/2014Food was great, but after seeing the bathroom, i understand why the restaurant received a "B" health grade.
- The exceedingly high pricesNYfoodieDined on 4/7/2014The exceedingly high prices are not matched by the food. We ordered the special prime rib for 2 without asking the cost. And the waitress didn't offer the cost. We assumed it would be double the cost of the rib eye which cost $46. It arrived with about 5 slices and no sides. The cost? $111. At $24/slice, not worth it. The rest of the orders were good, but the appetizer portions were small. The food simply didn't measure up to the cost.
- Really excellent restaurantDavidandDayleVIPDined on 3/30/2014Really excellent restaurant proves that you do not have to be kosher (or Jewish) to have a great dining experience, and that kosher and fine food are not mutually exclusive. Every dish, including its components was expertly prepared and beautifully presented.Will definitely return. In Manhattan, with three or four very good kosher restaurants, Mike's Bistro stands out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- five starsindividualDined on 3/30/2014Great service. Nice ambiance. Delicious food. What's not to like?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FoodLovethebeachDined on 3/23/2014Leave the kids at home. While the food is good, there is nothing on the menu appropriate for tweens and under and ordering a $48 steak for my 12 year old seems exorbitant. That being said, the food was very well prepared and well seasoned.Special Features:
- Mike's Never DisappointsPhilGDined on 3/20/2014We have been dining at Mike's every year or so for many years. Unlike many fine kosher restaurants which tend to go stale over time, the quality and creativity of Mike's food, his enthusiasm and desire to please his diners, and the overall ambiance of the dining experience at his restaurant has not diminished, and may even be better than ever. I hope that the intimacy of the experience is not sacrificed when he moves to his larger East-Midtown space later this spring. Mike's Bistro, in my mind, remains the single best kosher restaurant in New York. The only caveat, of course, is that it is also very expensive, which can make it prohibitive other than for special occasions and for business diners on an expense account..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot!racquetmomDined on 3/19/2014We had an excellent dinner here before a show at the Beacon Theatre. It's best to make reservations well in advance because we were disappointed a few times when we were unable to get in. Very nice service. Loved the gnocchi with duck confit, it was amazing!!!! The upstairs dining room was a very nice space and it was busy but still quiet enough to hear the conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The gnocci, short ribs, andOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/10/2014The gnocci, short ribs, and duck were excellent, for any restaurant, not just a kosher one. The decor needs an upgrade to fit with the food (and the price).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best kosher I've had in NYC9005FFCDDined on 2/19/2014All the nicer kosher restaurants are very pricey, in fact overpriced. That said I'd go here in a minute over the midtown famous kosher steakhouses. Great bistro atmosphere, extremely friendly and attentive service and outstanding food and deserts. Dinner for 4 with only two drinks and three deserts at over 300 bucks including tip so be prepared to spend but if you want or need kosher I'd try this place first.Special Features:
- Mike'sOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/17/2014Mike's Bistro has fantastic food. Some of the best kosher cuisine in the city. Prices are high though but for a special occassion totally worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding and HonestRGS218VIPDined on 2/16/2014We were there for a 60th birthday celebration and everything was superb--food and service. We had soup, salad, duck, chicken, lamb, steak (there were a lot of us) and every single dish was delicious and beautifully prepared. More notably, we did not know that a tip was included in the check so we added on a tip. The waiter came after us to show us that we had double-tipped. Very impressive. The restaurant is a bit cramped but they are moving to a larger location in midtown after Pesach.Special Features:
- I've never been diaappoimtedOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/5/2014I've never been diaappoimted by the food and experience at Mike's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A fine evening at Mike'sRosieDined on 1/26/2014Three of us had wonderful dinners at Mike's Sunday evening. The hostess called us after she received the Open Table reservation to discuss our special requests. She and all the employees at Mike's were gracious, friendly and competent. The food was inventive and totally delicious. The beet salad was original and very good and a mushroom chicken soup was excellent. Two of us ordered one of the specials: a very thin veal schnitzel, breaded with pinko crumbs and topped with a salad. It was totally delicious. Mike's is by far the finest kosher restaurant in New York. They will be relocating to the East 50's in the spring. We have treasured Mike'son the West Side since they opened many years ago. We plan on making the journey across town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- once againirakDined on 1/26/2014once again Mike provided us with a delicious dinner with creative choices.All of us enjoyed our dinners,cocktails and wine.The sweetbreads are great and the beef and veal were excellent proving again that Mike's Bistro is the best kosher restaurant in NY.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- simple wonderfulEdieDined on 12/28/2013the service and food were completely top notch.. this was the best meal I have ever had in a kosher restaurant (and I keep kosher, so that's saying something). we will be back. repeatedly. I only regret not having been here sooner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous food & service but priceyGeorgeDined on 12/28/2013Our first experience at Mike's Bistro. We had the "sampler", 7 courses. Except for the desert course, which was beautifully presented but not delicious, every course was even more delicious than the one before. The most delicious dinner I've ever had. The chef came out more than once to tell us what went into the course and see how we liked it. The short ribs were "like butter". A phenomenal meal. Just be prepared, it is not for the faint of wallet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Smiles good food and worth eatiningDavidVIPDined on 12/22/2013Mikes bistro was good. Our table was not ready, we waited 15 minutes,service was attentive. We split main course and their signature short ribs who's was interesting.the salads were interesting. Overall good but not great.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Spot!MikeDined on 12/18/2013Sat upstairs as we were a group of 6 and had a terrific table. Food was delicious and good sized portions. Great wine and a very attentive waiter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Kosher Food in TownJacobfromNYCDined on 12/16/2013I'm quite familiar with the high end kosher restaurant market, Let me tell ya whatever Chef Mike does is magic! his dishes are fab and tasty, The service was a little slow for a night that was pretty quiet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceIrwerthDined on 12/15/2013The service was great, water refill right away, they knew all the details about the specials, food came shortly after ordering and was deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceUpstaterDined on 12/8/2013The food was delicious , service was great and quick. portions a little on the small side but very tasty. Overall was a very nice experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great kosher foodalangDined on 12/2/2013Food was very nicely prepared and we had a great time. It was, however, outrageously expensive! If you're going to charge that much for a meal, then to have to pay extra for a potato or side dish is an insult.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food & locationOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/19/2013Steak was amazing. Waitress funny & helpful. Would highly recommend even over the other, more expensive kosher steak houses.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in kosherfanfoodyDined on 11/11/2013From the moment you make a reservation and arrive at the restaurant to your exit, you are treated like royalty. The restaurant is unassuming but make no mistake, this eatery is a gem. The food is superb, the portions generous and the service is friendly without being intrusive. Dishes like sweetbreads, short ribs and duck are outstanding--really cooked to perfection and the steak was magnificent. I don't find this restaurant pricey for the high quality food you get. The only thing I found wanting is the presentation; I would like to see more artistic, edgy presentations to enhance the dining experience. This is the best and most sophisticated kosher restaurant in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best kosher steak and duckkosherguyDined on 10/22/2013Best kosher steak and duck we have had in decades!
- Our dinner at Mike's BistrozaidyDined on 10/20/2013Our dinner at Mike's Bistro was terrific. The one disappointment was that we were there to celebrate a family birthday and despite a phone call and a reminder when we arrived, we never got the cake with a candle for the person who's birthday we were celebrating. That being said, we enjoyed a number of other deserts and it was lovely when the chef stopped to say hello to our group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great kosher dining experiencedinebx1Dined on 10/17/2013The food is excellent and the fact that it is kosher does not detract from the menuSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gnocchi great. Main fish-Food1criticDined on 10/13/2013Gnocchi great. Main fish- lamb was gamey. Not good flavor. Waiter was very opinionated and pushy.I would recommend this to a friend.
- not just for kosher foodiesDavidandDayleVIPDined on 10/6/2013Excellent food, interesting and varied menu, very knowledgeable service. I have been several times and will return again and again. The owner/chef/proprietor also has a terrific burger place (Amsterdam Burger Company--also kosher)--on the Upper West Side. While the cost of kosher meat and kosher supervision means that a good restaurant will not be cheap, the quality here shines.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gourmet kosherchookDined on 9/15/2013Went there for a business dinner and even the non kosher among us remarked on the food's excellence.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was a great experience,MottyFDined on 8/28/2013It was a great experience, food was something out of this world even the plain mushroom and onions were delicious. The whole place was just great!! Thanx Mike's Bistro for making our dinner so nice and wonderfull!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.