Mike's Bistro - UES
127 E 54th Street
New York, NY 10022Neighborhood:
KosherPrice: $50 and over
Mike's Bistro - UES
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mikesbistro.com/
- Phone: (212) 799-3911 ext. 1
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Sunday - Thursday: 11:45am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:45pm
Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:45pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Kosher
- Executive Chef: Mike Gershkovich
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wine
A word from Mike's Bistro - UES
"Mike's Bistro combines an elegant menu with a relaxed, spacious atmosphere in a convenient Midtown East location. Chef Michael Gershkovich creates and executes a contemporary, internationally inspired, Glatt Kosher (OU) gourmet menu with seasonally-inspired nuances."Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Mike's Bistro - UES reviews from OpenTable diners
50 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (27)fit for foodies (26)good for groups (20)romantic (16)neighborhood gem (12)hot spot (6)notable wine list (6)late-night find (3)vibrant bar scene (2)kid-friendly (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- A great resturaunt that happens to be KosherMarshDined on 11/22/2014Was in town for a few days and wanted to try a Kosher restaurant Looked on line and liked the menu. Just a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amzing foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/4/2014food was out of this world . beautiful prepared but really small portions I was still hungry after the dinner even duo they r crazy expansive I asked for more roles in they didn't bring me even I asked a few times !!! they also over booked all the tables so they asked me to get up in finish up my meal bqs a lot of ppl ware waiting in the line gives u a cheap fellingSpecial Features:
- Best Service EverTobleroneDined on 11/2/2014Service was outstanding! Delicious food came out quickly and water glasses were never less than half full! Friendly wait staff was always nearby to offer help.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/26/2014Food and service were excellent, ambience was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great placelovethisplaceDined on 10/19/2014Very accommodating excellent service and friendly staffnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great bistroLuv2eatVIPDined on 10/12/2014For kosher food it is quite delicious. Loved the salad with the veal chunks. Will be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/14/2014The food we tried was all delicious and fresh. The cocktails and wines were amazing. The best dishes we had were the crudo of Branzino and the homemade gnocchi. The only downside was it was dark & noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic KosherHandmanVIPDined on 9/8/2014Really great dining experience. Menu creative with multiple options - steak specials, daily fresh fish specials, terrific soup and sides. Very very expensive, but worth it. Nice wine list, but just about all choices over $100.Special Features:
- The best2foodiesDined on 9/3/2014Mike's Bistro is a great restaurant that coincidentally is kosher. Always my first choice for a great kosher meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DavidandDayleVIPDined on 9/1/2014Although I wish Mike's Bistro had remained on the Upper West Side, the new premises are larger and as tasteful as those at the old location. The food remains every bit as good and very attractively presented. Service is attentive without hovering. I expect to return.Special Features:
- Underwhelming - Below ExpectationsOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/31/2014They should not take late night reservations. We were very excited to go and had been waiting for months for the opening. When we saw a last minute reservation time it seemed perfect. As we were looking over the menu we were told the kitchen was closing soon. The food came out almost immediately after it was ordered and was tasty. The waiter made it a point to saw the bar was remaining open but needed our food order. As he handed us desert the check was left on the table as well. The waiter did not even ask or wait to see if we wanted to order any sides. While an anticipated opening I am unsure if there will be a repeat visit due to the experience.
- Room for improvementAgentthorDined on 8/27/2014Stark lighting. Wait staff disappeared and hard to find. Presentation of every dish with balsamic drizzle. Noisy too. Still the short ribs melt in your mouth and you could eat them with a spoon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mike's move pans outLindaDined on 8/26/2014We'd gone a couple of times to Mike's Bistro when it was a virtual hole in the wall on 72nd St. Now it has grown up. The food is just as good and the ambience is gorgeous. Love it. My son had the short ribs and his eyes rolled to the back of his head, he enjoyed it so much. Ditto for dessert. I had the veal chop which was delicious. The Merquez dumplings were, as always, delicious (could we get one more on the plate?) Javier was an attentive waiter who gave us the space to chill after a day at the U.S. Open before we ordered, while I enjoyed the margarita and my son a beer. So thanks for a delicious meal. We'll be back.Special Features:
- Best kosher restaurant in the worldFoodaddictDined on 8/25/2014I've been to Mikes many times I'm always surprised again and again this place doesn't cease to amaze me. food is perfect service is perfect and now with the new location the ambiance is nice too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MB22Dined on 8/24/2014Great food, exceptional service, wonderful ambience definitely a place I will come back to for any occasionSpecial Features:
- Mike's Bistro's New LocationFineDiningDined on 8/13/2014Beautiful new location. The food was, as always, fabulous. The staff was extremely attentive. Everything flowed like clockwork. Best of luck to you in your new location. I'll be back next week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New location Same great food2foodiesDined on 8/12/2014I've been to Mike's Bistro a number of times and have never been disappointed. The food preparation and presentation are excellent. The service is friendly and professional, and the new space is quite nice. In my experience Mike's is the best upscale kosher restaurant in the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If you demand Perfection,JaysonDined on 8/10/2014Been a regular at mikes bistro for a couple of years now, to sum it all up without yapping to much, Mike bistro is the best kosher restaurant in NYC Period!Special Features:
- outragiously expensiveMARTYVIPDined on 8/10/2014The menu was overpriced and the reason why we did not leave was because we were with another couple. Another example of taking advantage of Kosher requirements. Expensive main courses did not even come with sides. The gnocchi were delicious but the $47 rib steak was too salty. Even the branzino which does not have to be kosher was $40 without a side dish. We will definitely not go back.
- Good food, not relaxedPinchasDined on 8/6/2014In its new location, Mike's continues its traditional approach to food: not much innovative going on here, but what they do is done very well. Merguez dumplings were excellent, and lamb shank just melted off the bone. The downside was the pressured service, a clear effort to move us out as quickly as possible. Putting the check on the table with the dessert is for the bush leagues, not for a restaurant that aspires to fit this new East Side location That makes what could be a lovely evening into just another rushed experience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 1 reviews are from the Mike's Bistro - UES reviews archive.
- new mikesirakDined on 7/23/2014Mike's move East hasn't hurt.the menu has old favorites and much that is new.A livelier bar,bigger wine list and the food is just as good.Special Features: