Mike Shannon's Steaks & Seafood
620 Market Street
St. Louis, MO 63102Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Mike Shannon's Steaks & Seafood
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.shannonsteak.com/
- Phone: 3144211540
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Daily: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Nick Zotos
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please call for details.
- Entertainment: Friday night baseball radio show for home Cardinals games
A word from Mike Shannon's Steaks & Seafood
Mike Shannon's Steaks & Seafood offers fine dining in an elegantly appointed dining rooms & lounge with a sophisticated sports atmosphere with over 500 photos of sports greats. The award winning menu features 21 day aged prime beef, fresh seafood & homemade desserts. A private rooms accommodating up to 150 guests is available.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Mike Shannon's Steaks & Seafood - Best Restaurants in St. Louis ›
Mike Shannon's Steaks & Seafood reviews from OpenTable diners
149 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (81)notable wine list (42)vibrant bar scene (41)good for groups (34)fit for foodies (32)romantic (31)neighborhood gem (27)great for lunch (23)hot spot (22)scenic view (22)great for outdoor dining (19)late-night find (15)kid-friendly (9)great for brunch (7)Show More
- Wanted to love it but no diceBsfabfindsDined on 8/31/2014Debated whether to eat here or Ruth Chris's - went with the "when in Rome" and was severely disappointed. There was no wait and the place was pretty empty but it was impossible to get service. Manager came by and picked up out beer bottles from table but did not even ask if we wanted refills in our empty glasses. Food arrived and sat on a tray by our table while it waited for our waitress to realize it was time to come back and give it to us. We had Toasted Ravioli, Filet, broccolini and a wedge. The filet we ordered medium came well done. The broccoloini was fine and the salad was fine. Ravioli was bland at best. Quite disappointing as this place is not cheap! We can say we ate there and that is it.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Food was great. Good portions of food. Next to ball park and ball park villageSpecial Features:
- Great dinner with friends!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014Headed to a ball game and wanted to take our out-of-town guests to an iconic St. Louis restaurant! Mike Shannon's, of course!! Always wonder if I'm still going to be blown away with deliciousness . . . haven't been disappointed yet! Actually, better than ever!! Our server was especially accommodating and friendly! Mike Shannon's still has it!!Special Features:
- OutstandingSiggy62VIPDined on 8/29/2014One of St. Louis' best. Always delivers. Great service, food, the whole package.Special Features:
- SteveVIPDined on 8/29/2014Consistently superb steaks and complementary dishes with a fabulous downtown setting in the middle of everything. And it's noise level is only a tad elevated on game nights. It continues to be a favorite for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Most enjoyable mealOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/29/2014It was truly one of the best meals I have ever had. Should I ever travel to St. Louis again, I will visit the restaurant again.Special Features:
- Great lunchWarnerDined on 8/28/2014We took our daughter for her birthday lunch.I had the chicken and waffles, outstanding. Mike Shannon's restaurant will defiantly be on the top of our special lunch and dinner list.Special Features:
- Simply outstandingsteaklvrDined on 8/17/2014I have dined all across the country and cam say, without a doubt, this was THE best steak I've ever had. Cooked and seasoned to perfection it was topped masterfully with seafood and veggies. The waiter was knowledgable, friendly and attentive. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant 2014 reviewrestweek14Dined on 8/16/2014We attended for the 2014 Restaurant week. We were a table of 4. I was excited to let our friends experience restaurant week. It was their first time. I was very disappointed in the food. The filet had no flavor, and the lobster bisque was very salty, not good at all. The mashed potatoes were so salty, our table could not eat them. The bread that was served prior to dinner, was so hard, I thought I was going to break a tooth. I was embarrassed to have suggested going to Mike Shannon's. I don't think we will go back.Special Features:
- Restaurant WeekOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014This was a great place for restaurant week. The food was good, and the service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Shannon's Steakhousemab531Dined on 8/15/2014Took advantage of Downtown Restaurant Week and had a fabulous dinner before going to the Muny! The bruschetta appetizer was very good, and the sweet potato fries were great, sauce a bit spicy, but very good! One of us had the wedge which was very nicely put together, great taste and the other had caesar salad. The wedge takes top spot. Then for entree one of us had sirloin with creamed corn and the other a 6 oz filet with asparagus, medium temp and both done perfectly. We topped it off with a house specialty apple pie alamode that was terrific. All in all it was a perfect dinner. A cocktail, a glass of red wine and off to the Muny very happy for the experience.Special Features:
- Poor food and serviceBridgekrisDined on 8/15/2014We ate here before a Cardinal fame. We ate during restaurant week. Waiter not happy we only wanted water. All food was cold, shrimp was not edible, but steaks were ok. Prime rib was tough and overdone. Waiter was ambivalent, acted like we were a bother. They don't even give you ice in their water! Restaurant location is good for a Cardinal game, but would have preferred ball park food! We will not return.Special Features:
- Wanted it to be betterChadSDined on 8/14/2014The food was below average and the service was terrible, I wanted it to be better.
- Fantastic DinnerUTUBETVIPDined on 8/14/2014Server was outstanding -food superb....Highly recommend for lunch or dinner... Can't wait to go backSpecial Features:
- Did restaurant week here3PuttDined on 8/13/2014Calamari was very good Caesar salad was bland. Dressing was nondescript 6oz filet was very good.Special Features:
- Poor Service for this price pointLindaDined on 8/13/2014The food was good. The vibe energetic. The service - not so much. Our server waited on us and the two tables close to us simultaneously. He'd go from our table to the next table to the next table. He'd bring out all the drinks at once (which took forever) and did the same with all the food courses. It just felt wrong...I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingDisappointed2014Dined on 8/13/2014We have eaten at Mike Shannon's in the past and that's why we were excited to get the resturaunt week deal, but unfortunately that's where the excitement ended. My wife ordered the bruschetta, she couldn't even cut it with a knife. I broke it in half and bit off a chunk, I seriously thought I was eating rocks. We told one of the staff and his response was "oh wow" but did not offer a different one or an apology. My wife's salmon came out raw and without flavor, they did re-cook it but we all know how it comes back, torched and dry. Our salads had a funky taste to them and the serving size like a cup used for soup. My prime rib was the stringiest I've ever had. We are going to try the Shannon's in EdwardsvilleSpecial Features:
- Restaurant week pickBaconIsMyFaveDined on 8/12/2014I came here a couple of years ago for downtown restaurant week and I just loved the food. The service was great, the food was delicious, and I couldn't wait to come back. This year when I went for restaurant week it didn't feel the same at all. The service was still nice but the food...not so much. It's like I was not at the same restaurant I visited before. The steak was ok, I've definitely had better. I had to put steak sauce on it to make it taste better. My corn was very gritty for cream style corn. I feel like maybe we got the short end of the stick or the rushed food because of restaurant week. Either way I'm not sure, but I know I will not be hurrying to go back any time soon.Special Features:
- Loud and raucousLJTOPTDined on 8/12/2014We were put in the bar area...probably because we were "lowly restaurant week" patrons. Perhaps the dining room would have been less loud and obnoxious. The server was nice, but overall the wait staff was inexperienced and they were really understaffed.
- When u want a great steakJD17Dined on 8/12/2014They never fail at providing a great meal while immersed in museum quality baseball artifacts. Got to meet chef josh; impressive!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent Food, Slow ServiceTLewDined on 8/12/2014Dining time: 7pm on a Tuesday. Service: Exceptionally slow and mildly apathetic. But friendly at least. Water filler guys were definitely attentive. Took 10-15 minutes after seating before drink orders were taken. And another 10 after that before drinks were delivered. The pacing between the 1st course and the 2nd was good. However the main course (two filets med-rare) seemed to take considerably longer. When the steaks arrived, mine was nearly room temp. And after it took awhile to order dessert. Food: Quality was there. The steak seemed decent, although cool. Creme Brulee was excellent. Overall I would not say it was worth the money spent. There are other places with equal quality and much more attentive service.Special Features:
- LOVE the new chef!RedFeverDined on 8/12/2014We enjoyed a delicious lunch at Mike Shannon's. The new and improved calamari is outstanding! Chef Josh is amazing and I am looking forward to trying more of his fabulous cooking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top-Notch!MidwestFoodieDined on 8/11/2014Dined at Mike Shannon's wying exith two friends on a Monday evening during Downtown Restaurant Week. Everything from the ambiance to the service were top-notch. Our steaks were prepared exactly as we had ordered them and quite flavorful. Portion sizes were just right. We loved the spicy ketchup that came with the sweet potato fries and Mike's house-made steak sauce. My guests swooned over the bleu cheese dressing that accompanied the wedge salad. Our friendly and attentive server recommended the apple pie, and it did not disappoint. Very satisfying experience overall. Mike Shannon's can help you make a good impression on a date or an out-of-town guest.Special Features:
- Fun EveninglovetodineDined on 8/11/2014My wife and I decided to revisit Mike Shannon's during the downtown restaurant week. We had been once long ago and everything was very good, but also everything was al-a-carte and portions large. We were hesitant, because the menu was 3 courses prix fixed. Not the price, but the amount of food. Everything, I repeat, everything was wonderful. Just the right amount of food, price was great, service was timely and not intrusive, food was exceptional. A very fun night for 2 weight watching adults.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A True Treat!liz4rlsDined on 8/11/2014I took my mom to Mike Shannon's for her 85th Birthday as a special treat and it was everything I hoped it would be. Service, food, atmosphere are always consistently excellent. We went for "Downtown Restaurant Week" which offered a Prix Fixe Menu of three courses, with a wide variety of choice for each course. We each had the 6oz filet which was seasoned and cooked PERFECTLY. I'm grateful Shannon's participates in DRW each year because we always chose, because of their food and service.Special Features:
- Great customer serviceSamIAmVIPDined on 8/8/2014Lucio the bartender, was amazing!!! He took the time to talk us through all the drinks and as well as the menu. He was extremely friendly. The manager Brandon was also friendly. Stopped by and introduced himself.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/5/2014Took a client here on the 5th. One of the Steaks was not cooked well at all and was told it would be taken off the 250 dollar bill. It was not and not offered at check out. Really disappointed due to the prices. Will not return for a cardinal game dinner again. ThanksSpecial Features:
- paxton1946OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/3/2014Great food, service was slow, we set in the bar area and our waitress was one of the bartenders, so she spent a lot of her time taking of the bar orders and not us. Steak was cooked to perfection and so tender.
- ServicePopejoyDined on 8/2/2014While the steak was nothing notable, the service was spectacular! From the moment we walked in to the moment we left our every need/want was meet instantly. If you are interested in a nice night out, most specifically a cardinals fan night out, then this is for you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- averageOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014We were looking for an outstanding experience at this local recommend restaurant. The filet was ok. For the price. Should have been outstanding. The. Service was alright. Have been to much better steakhouse s.
- Always a pleasureCardfanDined on 8/1/2014We always eat at Mike Shannon's when were in town for the Cardinals and we are never disappointed!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Steak HouseLuvRetirementVIPDined on 7/26/2014We enjoyed our meal at Mike Shannon's on a night when Cardinals were out of town, so it was fairly calm. The service was excellent and the steaks & sides were fine, if a bit overpriced. We opted to sit in the bar, which was very nice. Enjoyed looking at all the mementos and pictures.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, but crowded game daySTLouisExecDined on 7/23/2014Great food/place, and normally has a quiet and chill ambience, but it was a Cardinal game day. Thus, was a bit disappointed with the level of loud 'game folk.'Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A ClassicOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/22/2014Always Great Service, excellent food. We bring out of town guest here all the time.Special Features:
- Awesome food with great portions!TRLambertDined on 7/20/2014The food was great. Excellent service. Great management. Supports veterans. Fabulous establishment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/20/2014The food and service were fantastic, having said that, it is pricey.Special Features:
- Great Foodluv2eatDined on 7/19/2014I ordered a Delicious Prime Rib cooked to perfection, pureed potatoes, and Jumbo Shrimp...and I do mean Jumbo, they were HUGE! Service was a tad on the slow side, but understandable with the large crowd they had that night. Overall...an outstanding meal with great surroundings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not very goo.jeffDined on 7/19/2014We seated about 15 minutes after out reservation. They don't seem to have enough staff, because I saw many open tables not reset. Waiter talked too much and service was only so so. Am I snobby new yorker, maybe, steak was not very good and mashed potatoes were tasteless. Save your money
- Great RestaurantTiger78Dined on 7/19/2014Had an 8:30 reservation. Table not ready so we waited in bar. The man seating guest said they would find us when our table was ready and that they were running behind. At 9:05 I went back up front and another man was there and apologized but seated us right away and offered to comp a round of drinks or dessert. Waiter, think his name was Russ, has been there 16 years and he was great. We never asked to be comped. We had been to Cardinals game earlier in day against Dodgers. Four of the Dodgers players were at a table near us. We always try to stop here on our trips to St. Louis. Lots of fun and usually packed. Great steaks. New potatoe recipe was undercooked but waiter was willing to give us whatever we wanted in exchange.Special Features:
- Great foodHogFan51Dined on 7/19/2014We had a nice anniversary dinner for our daughter and son-in-law after a Cardinals' baseball game. The food and service were excellent. Our table was in the window (nice) in the bar area. Ordinarily that would be perfectly fine, but through no fault of the restaurant, we were seated next to a very rowdy and LOUD group of 6 who had too much to drink. We had a hard time communicating with each other. Otherwise, it was an excellent experience.Special Features: