Mike Shannon's Steaks & Seafood
620 Market Street
St. Louis, MO 63102Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Mike Shannon's Steaks & Seafood
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.shannonsteak.com/
- Phone: 3144211540
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Daily: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Nick Zotos
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please call for details.
- Entertainment: Friday night baseball radio show for home Cardinals games
A word from Mike Shannon's Steaks & Seafood
Mike Shannon's Steaks & Seafood offers fine dining in an elegantly appointed dining rooms & lounge with a sophisticated sports atmosphere with over 500 photos of sports greats. The award winning menu features 21 day aged prime beef, fresh seafood & homemade desserts. A private rooms accommodating up to 150 guests is available.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Mike Shannon's Steaks & Seafood - Best Restaurants in St. Louis ›
Mike Shannon's Steaks & Seafood reviews from OpenTable diners
129 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (76)good for groups (43)vibrant bar scene (40)notable wine list (36)romantic (32)fit for foodies (31)hot spot (30)neighborhood gem (25)scenic view (22)great for lunch (22)great for outdoor dining (18)late-night find (16)kid-friendly (13)great for brunch (10)Show More
- MichaelDined on 10/26/2014I think the evening we were there the staff was overwhelmed as it was extremely busy. Food was late coming out and steaks weren't cooked as requested.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceKsborderDined on 10/25/2014Had a wonderful date night with my wife at Shannon's! Everything was excellent, and the service was some of the best I've ever had! Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The FOOD, STAFF, SERVICES? WOW!!!!foodieontherunforfun11Dined on 10/22/2014Most delicious food and service that exsist in St Louis! If you miss this restaurant during a visit to St. Louis, you missed St Louis!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious lunch at Mike Shannon'sRedFeverDined on 10/21/2014We enjoyed another delicious lunch at Mike Shannon's! Today I ordered the buffalo chicken wedge salad - very tasty! Another in our group ordered the lobster and crab roll with french fries, which she also said was delicious. It was served with smoked ketchup - a must try! I love going to Mike Shannon's - it is always a treat and have never been disappointed :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible service and great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/17/2014While the food is always good, the wait staff at Shannon's are in a league of their own. They are confident, poised, knowledgeable of the menu and offer excellent suggestions to enhance your dining experience. We sat in the bar area as we were headed to a concert. Our service was fast, my steak was prepared to the perfect temperature and an overall excellent experience. Shannon's has an excellent wine and beer selection although the beer list is limited to beers distributed by Anheuser Busch/InBev.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jmn1Dined on 10/6/2014Our waiter was slow and seemed to not be able to handle the busy dining scene. Several people were complaining about not getting their food in a timely manner.Special Features:
- Way, Way, Way, too slow.Rdrbl69Dined on 10/6/2014I invited a business client and his wife. I was embarrassed that our food took an HOUR to get after we ordered. I'll never make that mistake again. I was very disappointed. The waitress knew 30 minutes in that this was going to be bad and she continued to promise me "it was coming right out." I'll never patronize this restaurant again.
- Excellent ExperienceLonrgn1Dined on 10/5/2014Although we have always wanted to eat there, we had not to this point. We celebrated our 30th wedding anniversary in downtown St. Louis and decided to have our anniversary dinner at Shannon's. The service, food and atmosphere was outstanding and made the evening very memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReviewPoorfoodnserviceDined on 10/1/2014Service was so slow and we told the waiter 3 x we had business meeting in the morning. Food horrible ordered med steak and it was rare. Waiter too clueless to notice. Lobster app cold plate 64.00 had slim on outside of lobster. Waiter came back and said chef said it was fine. Never again !
- Great PlaceNuukeVIPDined on 10/1/2014I just love the feeling of the place. I've been there for dinner numerous times both in small groups and large groups, and I've had business lunches there and have never been disappointed. A great St Louis landmark for dining!Special Features:
- Superb Lunch!RedFeverDined on 9/30/2014Another awesome lunch at Mike Shannon's! I dined with some friends and we all ordered the same thing - the soup of the day and the St. Louis Salad. The soup of the day was Roasted Corn and Pablano soup and it was FANTASTIC!!!!! It was a cream based soup with just enough kick to be thoroughly enjoyed by all. A must try! We also enjoyed the Cajun Shrimp appetizer which is also delicious. For dessert, I highly recommend the Tirimisu gelato. And as always, the service is second to none!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bottoms Up!RobalvhDined on 9/24/2014My wife and I had dinner at Shannon's for the first time to celebrate our anniversary. The wine list was expansive, and the wine my wife chose (Cantina Malbec) was outstanding. The food was terrific, we started with blue point oysters, which were tasty. I had a 14 oz. strip steak with lump crab and asparagus in a bernaise topping and a small lobster tail on the side. It was cooked just about perfectly. My wife had a 8oz. filet and creamy spinach on the side, it was delicious. The place wasn't very busy on Wednesday nite, but the atmosphere was still nice. The only reason I don't give an outstanding for my overall experience is the price. We weren't holding back, and my wallet took a big hit! If the food was better it might be justifiable.Special Features:
- Great SteakOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/22/2014Was in St Louis on business and found them in Wine Spectator restaurant rankings, great list for wine, service was superb and food awesome. I'll be back and I'd love to be there before or after a ball game.Special Features:
- Consistently OutstandingWde1967Dined on 9/21/2014We go to Mike Shannon's Steak & Seafood frequently. The ambiance, food and service are always outstanding. Love love love the oysters and dessert menu! In between the steaks are cooked to perfection. We like to split the Blue Cheese Potatoes Gratin. This is the perfect place to go before or after a St. Louis Cardinals game - well anytime is the perfect time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Host was awesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/17/2014He is very accommodating. He was able to seat 10 of us together.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Shannon's is always a treatNikfromnashVIPDined on 9/12/2014While visiting St. Louis, we always find an evening to dine at Mike Shannon's downtown. The steak's will compete with any steakhouse in any city and the service is superior. Extremely friendly and knowledgable staff, most of whom have been there for several years. The side dishes and steak toppings have a delicious twist. Not only is the restaurant a treat, the bar is a must for either a pre- or post-dinner drink. The bar staff is wonderful and attentive. If you are a baseball fan, you will love that the well-appointed decor is a baseball museum in itself without being tacky or sports bar-like. This is a classy place that appreciates and takes care of it's diners. Which is why we continue to go back time & time again!Special Features:
- Great Food- Service was offLEDDoorguyDined on 9/7/2014We had a party of 7, and our waiter was either overloaded with other tables or struggling to get what we needed. We waited a very long time to get drinks, appetizers came out in a reasonable time, but dinner took a long time. Food was great, just the service that was not where it needed to be for a place of this style and priceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steaks, not so good.ECS86Dined on 9/6/2014I was a regular 5 to 6 years ago, job position changed and have not been by but occasionally since that time. Saturday night the steaks were not prepared as ordered. The medium well was medium rare to rare and the medium rare was medium well. Maybe note pads would help? Anyway, not giving up as I love the whole experience but there was a drop-off Saturday night for some reason. Thank you.Special Features:
- Geb Girls RitualYumMeDined on 9/3/2014We love to have lunch at Mike Shannon's before Cardinal day games. We enjoy the entertaining street scene from the terrace while we enjoy a bottle of wine and great food. Our server, Lori, is friendly and knowledgeable about both the food and extensive wine list. She went the extra mile to make sure that the prime rib on my Philly cheesesteak sandwich was just the way I requested it. We will definitely keep coming back!Special Features:
- Wanted to love it but no diceBsfabfindsDined on 8/31/2014Debated whether to eat here or Ruth Chris's - went with the "when in Rome" and was severely disappointed. There was no wait and the place was pretty empty but it was impossible to get service. Manager came by and picked up out beer bottles from table but did not even ask if we wanted refills in our empty glasses. Food arrived and sat on a tray by our table while it waited for our waitress to realize it was time to come back and give it to us. We had Toasted Ravioli, Filet, broccolini and a wedge. The filet we ordered medium came well done. The broccoloini was fine and the salad was fine. Ravioli was bland at best. Quite disappointing as this place is not cheap! We can say we ate there and that is it.
- HungrynStLouisDined on 8/30/2014Food was great. Good portions of food. Next to ball park and ball park villageSpecial Features:
- Fantastic time awesome locationCardinalsFanDined on 8/30/2014We made reservations for 5pm knowing we had a 7:15pm Cardinals/Cubs game. We had a fabulous time. Our waitress was phenomenal. Steaks were perfect, and getting to choose exactly what we wanted to eat with nothing more or less was a nice change. We will be back.Special Features:
- Great dinner with friends!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014Headed to a ball game and wanted to take our out-of-town guests to an iconic St. Louis restaurant! Mike Shannon's, of course!! Always wonder if I'm still going to be blown away with deliciousness . . . haven't been disappointed yet! Actually, better than ever!! Our server was especially accommodating and friendly! Mike Shannon's still has it!!Special Features:
- OutstandingSiggy62VIPDined on 8/29/2014One of St. Louis' best. Always delivers. Great service, food, the whole package.Special Features:
- SteveVIPDined on 8/29/2014Consistently superb steaks and complementary dishes with a fabulous downtown setting in the middle of everything. And it's noise level is only a tad elevated on game nights. It continues to be a favorite for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Most enjoyable mealnotasteakfanDined on 8/29/2014It was truly one of the best meals I have ever had. Should I ever travel to St. Louis again, I will visit the restaurant again.Special Features:
- Great lunchWarnerDined on 8/28/2014We took our daughter for her birthday lunch.I had the chicken and waffles, outstanding. Mike Shannon's restaurant will defiantly be on the top of our special lunch and dinner list.Special Features:
- Simply outstandingsteaklvrDined on 8/17/2014I have dined all across the country and cam say, without a doubt, this was THE best steak I've ever had. Cooked and seasoned to perfection it was topped masterfully with seafood and veggies. The waiter was knowledgable, friendly and attentive. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant 2014 reviewrestweek14Dined on 8/16/2014We attended for the 2014 Restaurant week. We were a table of 4. I was excited to let our friends experience restaurant week. It was their first time. I was very disappointed in the food. The filet had no flavor, and the lobster bisque was very salty, not good at all. The mashed potatoes were so salty, our table could not eat them. The bread that was served prior to dinner, was so hard, I thought I was going to break a tooth. I was embarrassed to have suggested going to Mike Shannon's. I don't think we will go back.Special Features:
- Restaurant WeekOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014This was a great place for restaurant week. The food was good, and the service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Shannon's Steakhousemab531Dined on 8/15/2014Took advantage of Downtown Restaurant Week and had a fabulous dinner before going to the Muny! The bruschetta appetizer was very good, and the sweet potato fries were great, sauce a bit spicy, but very good! One of us had the wedge which was very nicely put together, great taste and the other had caesar salad. The wedge takes top spot. Then for entree one of us had sirloin with creamed corn and the other a 6 oz filet with asparagus, medium temp and both done perfectly. We topped it off with a house specialty apple pie alamode that was terrific. All in all it was a perfect dinner. A cocktail, a glass of red wine and off to the Muny very happy for the experience.Special Features:
- Poor food and serviceBridgekrisDined on 8/15/2014We ate here before a Cardinal fame. We ate during restaurant week. Waiter not happy we only wanted water. All food was cold, shrimp was not edible, but steaks were ok. Prime rib was tough and overdone. Waiter was ambivalent, acted like we were a bother. They don't even give you ice in their water! Restaurant location is good for a Cardinal game, but would have preferred ball park food! We will not return.Special Features:
- Wanted it to be betterChadSDined on 8/14/2014The food was below average and the service was terrible, I wanted it to be better.
- Fantastic DinnerUTUBETVIPDined on 8/14/2014Server was outstanding -food superb....Highly recommend for lunch or dinner... Can't wait to go backSpecial Features:
- Did restaurant week here3PuttDined on 8/13/2014Calamari was very good Caesar salad was bland. Dressing was nondescript 6oz filet was very good.Special Features:
- Poor Service for this price pointLindaDined on 8/13/2014The food was good. The vibe energetic. The service - not so much. Our server waited on us and the two tables close to us simultaneously. He'd go from our table to the next table to the next table. He'd bring out all the drinks at once (which took forever) and did the same with all the food courses. It just felt wrong...I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingDisappointed2014Dined on 8/13/2014We have eaten at Mike Shannon's in the past and that's why we were excited to get the resturaunt week deal, but unfortunately that's where the excitement ended. My wife ordered the bruschetta, she couldn't even cut it with a knife. I broke it in half and bit off a chunk, I seriously thought I was eating rocks. We told one of the staff and his response was "oh wow" but did not offer a different one or an apology. My wife's salmon came out raw and without flavor, they did re-cook it but we all know how it comes back, torched and dry. Our salads had a funky taste to them and the serving size like a cup used for soup. My prime rib was the stringiest I've ever had. We are going to try the Shannon's in EdwardsvilleSpecial Features:
- Restaurant week pickBaconIsMyFaveDined on 8/12/2014I came here a couple of years ago for downtown restaurant week and I just loved the food. The service was great, the food was delicious, and I couldn't wait to come back. This year when I went for restaurant week it didn't feel the same at all. The service was still nice but the food...not so much. It's like I was not at the same restaurant I visited before. The steak was ok, I've definitely had better. I had to put steak sauce on it to make it taste better. My corn was very gritty for cream style corn. I feel like maybe we got the short end of the stick or the rushed food because of restaurant week. Either way I'm not sure, but I know I will not be hurrying to go back any time soon.Special Features:
- Loud and raucousLJTOPTDined on 8/12/2014We were put in the bar area...probably because we were "lowly restaurant week" patrons. Perhaps the dining room would have been less loud and obnoxious. The server was nice, but overall the wait staff was inexperienced and they were really understaffed.
- When u want a great steakJD17Dined on 8/12/2014They never fail at providing a great meal while immersed in museum quality baseball artifacts. Got to meet chef josh; impressive!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.