Mikado Japanese Steak House – Orlando World Center
8701 World Center Drive
Orlando, FL 32821Neighborhood:
Lake Buena Vista
JapanesePrice: $31 to $50
Mikado Japanese Steak House – Orlando World Center
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.marriottworldcenter.com/
- Phone: 4072388664x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Nightly: 6:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Japanese
- Executive Chef: Greg Picard
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The newly renovated Mikado Japanese Steak House located in the Orlando World Center Marriott offers private seating for 18 guests and semi-private for 36.
- Private Party Contact: Affiliate Specialist 4072388751x
A word from Mikado Japanese Steak House – Orlando World Center
Welcome to Mikado's Japanese Steakhouse. Enjoy watching our talented Chefs prepare an authentic Japanese meal right in front of you on our hibachi grill. Are you in the mood for sushi? Have a seat at the sushi bar and watch as our Sushi Chef prepares a delightful dish right before your eyes. This restaurant includes a great selection of wine, sake, and specialty drinks.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Mikado Japanese Steak House – Orlando World Center - Best Restaurants in Lake Buena Vista ›
Mikado Japanese Steak House – Orlando World Center reviews from OpenTable diners
27 reviews since April 29, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (18)special occasion (11)kid-friendly (10)fit for foodies (5)romantic (3)scenic view (2)hot spot (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- decent, but not worth moneyluv4dubbDined on 8/17/2014I've been to many Japanese steakhouse restaurants and fhis one wasn't bad but wasn't exceptional and very pricey!
- great specialty restaurantBillRayDined on 8/17/2014Restaurant offered selection of domestic wines and imported. The food service was well coordinated. The Japanese grill cooks were good humored, well mannered and talented. The reservation on-site personnel called to confirm the reservation and table seating.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/14/2014Great experience. Service and Chefs were awesome (Hung and Ny were simply amazing and friendly). Excellent quality of food. We were celebrating my mom's birthday and they made it very special for her, we all had a lot of fun and will come back.Special Features:
- Fantastic Food and EntertainmentChristyAnstettDined on 8/8/2014I love hibachi restaurants, and this one was very attentive, entertaining, and delicious!Special Features:
- Fun group spotTomMIDined on 8/3/2014A fun place with your food expertly prepared in front of you. One of our group has a seafood allergy and his food was prepared first for his comfort. The sushi was a nice addition to the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice not leaving hotelrpaquetteDined on 7/30/2014The quality of food did not match the price we paid.Special Features:
- Fabulous MealLuveatingDined on 7/26/2014We had a great meal. My wife and I enjoyed a lovely meal for our anniversary, the staff was great, the food - enough to even take some home. We never felt rushed. I had the filet and scallops and it was worth the $2 price difference to have the filet mignon. Our server Ny even treated each of us with a glass of champagne and a desert for our anniversary. Will definitely return when in the area.Special Features:
- Great food cooked perfectlyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/16/2014Chef cooked food perfectly. Great Mojitos. Would have liked better view. Very large portions. Could be split.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- customer service mattersaim2pleaseDined on 7/4/2014I had an amazing dining experience at Mikado! The food was well prepared and flavorful. Aside from the delicious food, the service was excellent! The restaurant truly caters to customers with seafood and/ or glutten allergies. I highly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average Meal, High PriceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/27/2014Limited menu. Basic Hitachi. Very expensive. Would not return.Special Features:
- Large Group and Fun as well.WeeklyDinerVIPDined on 6/21/2014We had a group of 8 and had a blast, food was good, entertainment was fantastic.
- Standout in Marriott food desertanisqoyoDined on 6/5/2014After unsuccessfully trying to find decent food at the Marriott World Center hotel for several days, a group of us happened across this Teppanyaki style Japanese restaurant. Although Marriott has achieved mediocrity with every other restaurant in the hotel, they've, thankfully, spared this restaurant from the curse. Almost everything we ordered was stellar and it was prepared by an entertaining and highly competent chef right in front of us. They have an excellent (and reasonable) kids menu and the show kept our little ones entertained and hungry. The place ain't cheap, and the servers were stretched, but overall this was a very good experience. Avoid the gyoza. They taste like a frozen appetizer. Let's hope Marriott leaves this one alone.Special Features:
- excellentTyjaNicholeDined on 5/17/2014Great food and service. Kids loved the chef, JJ. He was interactive and entertaining. I like Mikado bettwr than its competitors because I think they allow the foods flavors to present themselves instead of drowning the food in sauces.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZING!BigDre73Dined on 5/2/2014It was the 1st time taking my daughter to a Japanese steak house with some friends. She had an amazing time. I was also very impressed. I had only been to 1 Japanese steak house previously. The place is very family friendly and the waiting staff sure makes it a joy. The chefs were very captivating and the food was spectacular. A MUST if you are staying or around the Orlando area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 178 reviews are from the Mikado Japanese Steak House – Orlando World Center reviews archive.
- I was positively surprisedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/13/2014I was positively surprised as our table had a nice view overlooking the pool area. The chef made a nice show including fire. The portion sizes were very large.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great hibachitronDined on 4/12/2014I'm so glad we tried it. If its been awhile since you've been to a Japanese Steakhouse this one well impress. nice clean restaurant, high quality food, full bar.I brought my mother and my son and we all had a great time.a classic a hibachi experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our FavoriteDerbyCityGalVIPDined on 3/30/2014The food is phenomenal. We've been to almost every Japanese Restaurant in Orlando that's close to the parks, this by far is the best. The ambience is comfortable, clean and fun. We have 2 kids 7 and 10. They loved it. Our chef was great. The children enjoyed them selves. He entertained them just the right amount. He was not annoying just great at making it a happy medium. The lobster and filet was my choice, the best lobster at a grill I've had yet. Highly recommend!
- Best Hibachi EverFrequentDinerVIPDined on 3/29/2014Every dish is outstanding and the cooks put on a good show. Worth the price since the quality is superior and the portions are quite large.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun place with good foodItsJustMeDined on 3/21/2014If you've ever been to a Japanese restaurant that makes the food right in front of you and liked it, you'll like this place, too. I would rate the food slightly lower than other similar restaurants though. It wasn't quite as good, but still delicious, and there is plenty of it. Not sure why it did not taste quite as good to me. Also, some of these types of places serve your food with lo mein noodles, but here you only get rice. Of course you also get salad, soup, vegetables, etc.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I've Seen BetterJdporter3Dined on 3/16/2014Good for this area, but very expensive for what you get. I have seen much more of a show at other Japanese steakhouses. Ok if you need a change of pace, but not on my lists of must go to spots in Disney area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great valueOutoftownerVIPDined on 2/15/2014The portion sizes served for the price were very generous.
- Relaxed enjoyable eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 2/14/2014We enjoy the hibachi style dining offered by Mikado. Very relaxing and enjoyable. Definitely will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!CourtneyVIPDined on 2/10/2014Great food and service was fantastic! Tuna Steak was much bigger than I anticipated!Special Features:
- Bao is the BestFredoDined on 1/25/2014Again, our waiter Bao provided an unforgettabel dining experience for us and the other international guests. His art of Japanese cooking on the hot plate in front of us is not only pleasant to watch, the result is melting on your toung. Our lobster, scallops, shrimps and the filet mignon are all cooked to perfection. We are coming frequently and are looking forward to our next visit very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Conventioneers placeMutokaDined on 1/8/2014I am not a fan of group dining or Japanese food so may not be the best reviewer of this restaurant. The soft shell crab appetizer was very good but after that nothing stood out as very tasty. Crowd was very boisterous conventioneers. The waiter was very good however.Special Features:
- Mediocre HibachiJV23Dined on 12/25/2013Scallops great! Shrimp were definitely frozen and thawed before cooking. People we were with ha sushi and said it was fabulous. Noise level good though for rambunctious kids! Wouldn't go back.Special Features:
- ExcellentJohnPDined on 11/26/2013This is my favorite restraurants in Orlando. The food is outstanding, the chefs are very engaging with the people at the grill and everyone has a great time watching the preperations and eating the great foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Visit on 11/08/2013DeckDined on 11/8/2013I can say i was 110% happy with my experience. The food was superb! It truly bit off more than i could chew with the three entree combo. But, steak, lobster and scallops made an excellent breakfast in the morning. Even after putting my left overs in the microwave. They tasted as if it were freshly cooked. Cant beat that!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EntertainingDetailsByBillDined on 11/2/2013Service was entertaining and at the pace of the diners at the table. Food was served in large portions which help to justify the higher cost. Menu selection was typical of a Japanese steak house. Overall quality was good. The outdoor seating area would have been a treat if the weather was better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Filet mignon had no flavorNikkiDined on 10/5/2013Filet mignon had no flavor and lobster was way to salty. Complained to manager and she said they have been having problems with the lobster. Then why would you sell it. Would never go back.
- Best everFrequentDinerVIPDined on 8/8/2013This was our first time here since we were staying at the hotel. It is better than Benihana or any other hibachi restaurant we've been to ... from service, quality and quantity of food to atmosphere ... thumbs up!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too long of a wait..........OpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 8/2/2013This could have been a great dining experience had it not been for the hour long wait before the Japaneses chef came to our table. The restaurant was not flooded with customers, but it was clear that they were understaffed. One would think management would plan better given the size of the Marriott World Center, that there were two conferences being held there, that Orlando is a tourist town, and that it was a FRIDAY NIGHT! That said, the chef put on a good show and the food was very good.Special Features:
- My favorite Japanese steak house!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/26/2013This must be my 20th time and every time is great. The cooking to order at the table is loads of fun! Their chefs are very talented both in cooking and showmanship. The atmosphere is much nicer than the chain places. They don't pack you in so you have some elbow room. The most imortant thing, of course, is the food and on that they really deliver! Every time me and my party have had great food. I highly recommend this for any sized group, but it is especially fun if you have 6-8 people. This trip was just two of us but we had a blast. Fun to meet the people next to you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatRavenfan77Dined on 7/19/2013I have been to a number on Japanese steakhouses and this was one of my favorites. Good food and service. We will definitely return on our next trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Japanese FoodOpenTableUserVIPDined on 6/13/2013I've eaten at several different Japanese steak houses and Mikado is as good or better than all of them. The tuna steak is excellent! I highly recommend Mikado!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RecommendOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/20/2013Food and service were great. Hibatchi show was good, but not as elaborate as some other places. Would recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent!pavs900Dined on 5/7/2013The food & service were outstanding. The chef prepares your food right at the table for excellent entertainment!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Poor ServiceBea86002Dined on 5/1/2013Once seated, we waited then waited some more until about 45 minutes later they took our drink order. Which took another 15 minutes, long & short, we were at the mercy if our waitress who only had one speed, hero's. Food is food when you've run out of patience! And it was freezing in there, they probably don't want you falling asleep while you're waiting!Special Features:
- Given the pricing and locationSmartsRHereDined on 4/23/2013Given the pricing and location within Marriott, we expected higher quality service and presentation. We had a long wait before first drink order and longer for second ... The presentation by the chef was actually pretty boring. They use a 5-component seasoning on rice and proteins which just adds a salty and unnecessary flavor -- did not enhance. There was little to no interaction between staff and customers.Special Features:
- The only complaint we haveOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/4/2013The only complaint we have is that we asked for the a/c to be adjusted. Everyone at our table was cold.