Mignon - Prime Steaks, Seafood and Cocktails
4005 Preston Rd.
Plano, TX 75093Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Mignon - Prime Steaks, Seafood and Cocktails
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mignonplano.com/
- Phone: (972) 943-3372
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:30pm, Saturday & Sunday: 10:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm; Weekend Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 10:30am - 2:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse, French
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Please call for specific details.
- Private Party Facilities: Private seating for 8-200 guests
- Private Party Contact: John Abbott 9729433372
A word from Mignon - Prime Steaks, Seafood and Cocktails
Here at Mignon, we have a warm romantic atmosphere that takes you back to a more sophisticated time were you can imagine you are sitting in Paris in your own private Bistro. At Mignon you can expect to receive the very best in service and menu selections. We only serve the freshest in seafood and hand cut prime steaks.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Mignon - Prime Steaks, Seafood and Cocktails - Best Restaurants in Plano ›
Mignon - Prime Steaks, Seafood and Cocktails reviews from OpenTable diners
38 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (27)romantic (25)neighborhood gem (25)notable wine list (19)fit for foodies (15)great for outdoor dining (14)scenic view (10)good for groups (9)great for lunch (6)great for brunch (5)hot spot (1)vibrant bar scene (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Great night at MignonBluePlateDined on 11/7/2014Another wonderful meal with great service. We will return again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Patio setting better than foodWiserolderDined on 10/25/2014The setting was good, the weather idle, the Lobster Bisque bland, the 15oz. Pork Chop tough and the glaze was too sweet and the cookie/ice cream desert was doughy. Other than those flaws the evening was good.Special Features:
- LoveprestonDined on 10/25/2014Love, Love, love, Love, love. Have been coming to this restaurant since it first opened and nothing has ever come close to comparison. We love it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impressive wine list & superb menuLuMart56Dined on 10/15/2014Friendly & knowledgeable waiters & staff. Quiet romantic setting with relaxing view of pond & water fountain. I highly recommend dining at Mignon's especially if you truly enjoy wine with exquisite cuisine.Special Features:
- Romantic diningAmyKDined on 10/15/2014Beautiful patio with view of pond, fountain & ducks. The water feature drowned out the Preston Rd. car noise Delicious food, knowledgable wait staff. I was a bit disappointed that they did nothing extra for anniversary. I mentioned it when reserving & to our waiter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!FoodieGOP14VIPDined on 10/3/2014The restaurant inside and our was outstanding as always . It was a beautiful Fall evening and all was perfect .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful evening all around!GiuseppinaNYTXFIDined on 9/27/2014We were visiting Dallas/Allen area for a triathlon the next morning and wanted a steak/seafood place with great veggies and relaxing atmosphere. Reviews from OpenTable helped us select Mignon. Patio seating perfect for a late September evening. We were seated, as requested, on the patio. The pond with working fountain and waterfall was quite pleasant. Our server, Jason, was friendly, helpful and there when you needed him but did not hover. He was assisted by 3 others to make the service outstanding. We both had the 6 oz. filet Mignon cooked medium rare and rare-both tender and delicious. The grilled asparagus, risotto with red wine brandy peppercorn and whipped potatoes each were delicious. We shared the portions that came with our filets.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Steak Good ViewTopcadDined on 9/13/2014Went here for the first time on an early Friday evening (6:30ish). My wife and I had seen Mignon from across the pond while eating at the Mi Cocina patio. (by the way, why isn't the fountain on?) In any case, we heard that Mignon was good and we were excited to try it. Had the outstanding stuffed mushrooms with crab appetizer to start off. To drink, she picked a Napa Valley Red and I took a chance on a glass of French Red. Excellent. For dinner, I mean come one, we had to have steak. She had the "Oscar" filet, jumbo crabW/ white truffle hollandaise, grilled asparagus & chive whipped potatoes and I had the "au Poiver" filet, mushroom, spinach & red wine risotto with peppercorn brandy sauce. Both cooked medium rare to perfection.Special Features:
- Mignon good but datedNWFoodieDined on 9/5/2014Atmosphere is dated, service excellent, a bit pricey, steak was overcooked but the rest of the food was really good. Wait staff was excellent. Overall good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MissOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/1/2014Although I had noted on my reservation that we were celebrating an anniversary, it was never acknowledged by the staff. A heartfelt congratulations would have been nice. 😒Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Neighborhood FindKdean116VIPDined on 8/30/2014We had dined here several years ago, but hadn't been for a long time. Really, don't know why we kept going elsewhere. We had known our server, Whitney, from another restaurant we frequent. It was such a nice surprise and she gave us wonderful service. Nick, the owner, came by several times to ensure that everything was to our satisfaction as did the wine steward. Customer service was excellent and we assured Nick that we will become regulars. All in all, the four of us had a wonderful evening.Special Features:
- MignonCustomerDined on 8/30/2014Food was absolutely fabulous! Filet was cooked to perfection and seasoned wonderfully, full of flavor. Extensive wine list, but most are by the bottle, not by the glass (good if you go with a group, but not ideal for a couple). Service was a little slow and I took quite some time to get our menus and place our order, also timing of the food could have been a little better I think. Overall, it was an enjoyable experience and we will likely be back to visit again.Special Features:
- BD dinnervinodinerDined on 8/23/2014We had a marvelous evening dining at Mignon's. Mignon's is my wife favorite for special occasions. They are very consistent with high quality food, service, and atmosphere. They have an excellent wine list and very knowledgeable sommelier. Mignon's will continue to be our go to place for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant.PlanoTexasYankeeDined on 8/20/2014Great service. I like the menu selection and the filet mignon is the best!!Special Features:
- Good time!RobertDined on 8/16/2014Food, service, patio overlooking the pond, all made for a great evening. We had requested a patio table but when arriving we were advised that if it rained the awning leaked. We opted to take our chances as did another table, and sure enough it did rain and the awning did leak. We were graciously and humorously moved to another table (as was the other party) and nobody missed a beat. Our server Whitney was tops. All in all we really enjoyed ourselves and recommend Mignon to anyone. But a new awning is overdue!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Proud of their offering...OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/9/2014While the food was above average, the total cost of the meal well exceeded the value. Perhaps it was the wine that increased the total but over $300 for two is a bit exorbitant.Special Features:
- Love this restaurantOuttodinnerVIPDined on 8/2/2014Just moved to the Plano area and now have dined here at least 4 times. Great spot to take friends and enjoy the outdoor patio and the fountain. The food is always great and the service is awesome !Special Features:
- World Class in Our Own BackyardBoldlyrideVIPDined on 8/1/2014We are extremely fortunate to have been able to dine at some of the finest restaurants in the U.S and the E.U.. Little did we know that the best of the best was in our own backyard. Heirloom tomato salads, classic Caesars, perfectly cooked veal chop, bone in rib eye, twin filets and halibut. Four out of four entrees prepared and served perfectly. Whitney provided outstanding knowledgeable service and management was warm and welcoming. All right here in our home town. We will return (often).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding as alwaysSundaysat5Dined on 7/27/2014This is our favorite restaurnat for special occasions. The service is attantive but not intrusive. The food quality always hits the mark. Impressive wine list and the wiat staff knows the wine list and will assist if requested. Early Sunday night is the best time for a quiet dinner at Mignon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pochaDined on 7/22/2014Very nice restaurant. Food cooked to perfection. One day the service was terrible and the next day it was wonderfulSpecial Features:
- The following 514 reviews are from the Mignon - Prime Steaks, Seafood and Cocktails reviews archive.
- Perfect Dinner!PlanoDinerDined on 7/20/2014Mignon is our favorite restaurant in the Mertroplex! Consistent perfection and warm hospitality. New desserts are incredible! Look no further for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Return again and againOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/14/2014We absolutely love Mignon's. Every night there are unique and tasty specials. On this evening I took my wife, daughter, her daughter, and son out for a special birthday celebration. Food and service were both top notch and personalized service by the owners is always appreciated. We will continue to be regulars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodOJFLVIPDined on 7/12/2014This last time we were there the list of specials was as long as the menu itself and the food was great as always.Special Features:
- Great date nightfoodyDined on 7/12/2014This was a very nice restaurant. Excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CommentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/27/2014The service and atmosphere were awesome! However, we did not care for the food much. The spices and the preparation seemed to take away from the taste of good steak and sea bass.Special Features:
- Better than expected!LP31Dined on 6/21/2014Based on some of the reviews on other sights, we had wondered about Mignon's. We figured any restaurant that had lasted that long must be doing something right. We were very happy with our dinner. The food was excellent, the service very attentive and the atmosphere was very nice. Our party of four had, the Halibut special, the 6 oz. filet, the roasted chicken and the pecan crusted trout. All the dishes were excellent. We sampled each others and couldn't really pick the winner, they were all that good. Again, I don't know why the bad reviews because our dinner was excellent. We will definitely be back. Many reviews spoke of the price. No it's not cheap, but I believe the food and service justified the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experiencejake8848Dined on 6/15/2014Always excellent. Food quality and service consistent. Wonderful wine list. Love Mignon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at MignondiningrevueVIPDined on 6/14/2014Celebrating a very good friends birthday with my wife. Beautiful setting - had a table outside overlooking the water. Very few Plano establishments have scenic outdoor dining. Food was quite good. Only issue - I had the filet and requested Bearnaise instead of the sauce on the menu. The waiter asked if it would be alright to charge me three dollars for the change. Pretty tacky given the prices charged at Mignon. Small things make a difference when dining at a higher end restaurant in the highly competitive Dallas market. Otherwise, a very nice evening.Special Features:
- Excellent restaurant!bossVIPDined on 6/14/2014Went on a Sat night to celebrate husband's birthday. We were both very impressed with service and food. Mignon is now our new neighborhood gem which will visit monthly!Special Features:
- SatisfiedDined on 6/11/2014IMy wife and I enjoyed the outstanding service and food. I would recommemd Mignon to everyone. And we plan on going back soon.Special Features:
- Once again, great mealBubbusEatingDined on 6/7/2014We are not regulars to this restaurant but we've been going for several years. Never a bad meal or service. Just a simply outstanding place to go. We split the escargot as an appetizer with the special salad (heirloom tomatoes with mozzarella topped with an olive tapinade). For the main course, my wife got the salmon on a corn succotash. I ordered the Prime Filet Deux. Cooked to perfection. Dessert was a decaf French pressed coffee with creme brulee and the raspberry mousse cake. Again, service was great and the food awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CharmingRosesnwineDined on 6/5/2014For a quiet evening, nice charming restaurant. I recommend valet to park however it is a quiet parking lot to walk across. The restaurant has a very nice bar that is situated away from the dining area. The patio is very nice facing the pond.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality...OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/30/2014Always a great Dinner! Filet is one of the best I've had...jalapeño au gratin is a must try.
- Horrible serviceHadBetterVIPDined on 5/22/2014Dinner was not pleasant. Our server was not friendly, not attentive, did not bring out tobassco & lemon as we requested for appetizer stage but brought it out when it was too late. She messed up our order & did not say sorry. We ended up with 8 raw oysters instead of 12. She spilled the oyster tray of water on the table & on my friend. Then called the manager out who was not apologetic. When we left we saw him flirting with a lady at the bar so maybe that is why he didn't attend to our needs. He claim he will check the kitchen camera to see if they got the oyster count correct but never even looked when we reminded him. Just terrible service!Special Features:
- Mignon was a nice surpriseFrenchyDined on 5/21/2014I had a meeting with a current client and a prospective vendor, and I found Mignon to be a perfect place for doing business. It was quiet, the wait staff recognized that a quiet conversation was going on and we were left alone for a while, and the food was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our 30th Anniversaryluvgr8foodDined on 5/20/2014We celebrated our 30th Anniversary with a wonderful dinner at Mignon. The food was perfectly cooked - steaks so tender, barely needed a knife. And sooooo delicious! We had a fabulous romantic booth with candlelight. Every course was served in a timely manner. Our server, Brady, was very attentive and knew the menu and specials very well. The matre'd also came by thru out the evening to make sure we had everything we wanted. This is a pricey place and definately a special occasion place for our budget. But I will find another occasion to eat here again and again. Definately worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's DaydbarrychuckDined on 5/11/2014Tina made our day great. She was really helpful on the sggestions for brunch and she paid special attention to the girls. Thank you Tina.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very slowScottDined on 5/11/2014We were there for 2 hours and 15 minutes to eat 3 courses. I realize it was Mothers Day, but the crowd was not any larger than what you would expect for a weekend night.
- Overwhelmed by Mother's Day crowdKCB1Dined on 5/11/2014Unfortunately, this was not a good experience. I have eaten here before and enjoyed the food and atmosphere. On Mother's Day, however, they just seemed overwhelmed. The waiter was barely communicative and the food was really not good at all with extremely poor presentation. Over-all, the lovely day and time with my children was the only positive part of the experience.
- Good but expensive wineOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/10/2014Everything was good, but they charge way more than they should for wine- 3xcost. they should use that as a hook vs the deterent it is.Special Features: