Mignon - Prime Steaks, Seafood and Cocktails
4005 Preston Rd.
Plano, TX 75093Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Mignon - Prime Steaks, Seafood and Cocktails
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mignonplano.com/
- Phone: 9729433372
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:30pm, Saturday & Sunday: 10:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm; Weekend Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 10:30am - 2:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse, French
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Please call for specific details.
- Private Party Facilities: Private seating for 8-200 guests
- Private Party Contact: John Abbott 9729433372
A word from Mignon - Prime Steaks, Seafood and Cocktails
Here at Mignon, we have a warm romantic atmosphere that takes you back to a more sophisticated time were you can imagine you are sitting in Paris in your own private Bistro. At Mignon you can expect to receive the very best in service and menu selections. We only serve the freshest in seafood and hand cut prime steaks.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Mignon - Prime Steaks, Seafood and Cocktails - Best Restaurants in Plano ›
Mignon - Prime Steaks, Seafood and Cocktails reviews from OpenTable diners
47 reviews since April 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (27)neighborhood gem (25)romantic (24)great for outdoor dining (18)fit for foodies (15)notable wine list (14)scenic view (11)great for brunch (9)good for groups (7)great for lunch (7)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (2)hot spot (1)Show More
- Good time!RobertDined on 8/16/2014Food, service, patio overlooking the pond, all made for a great evening. We had requested a patio table but when arriving we were advised that if it rained the awning leaked. We opted to take our chances as did another table, and sure enough it did rain and the awning did leak. We were graciously and humorously moved to another table (as was the other party) and nobody missed a beat. Our server Whitney was tops. All in all we really enjoyed ourselves and recommend Mignon to anyone. But a new awning is overdue!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Proud of their offering...OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/9/2014While the food was above average, the total cost of the meal well exceeded the value. Perhaps it was the wine that increased the total but over $300 for two is a bit exorbitant.Special Features:
- Love this restaurantOuttodinnerVIPDined on 8/2/2014Just moved to the Plano area and now have dined here at least 4 times. Great spot to take friends and enjoy the outdoor patio and the fountain. The food is always great and the service is awesome !Special Features:
- World Class in Our Own BackyardBoldlyrideVIPDined on 8/1/2014We are extremely fortunate to have been able to dine at some of the finest restaurants in the U.S and the E.U.. Little did we know that the best of the best was in our own backyard. Heirloom tomato salads, classic Caesars, perfectly cooked veal chop, bone in rib eye, twin filets and halibut. Four out of four entrees prepared and served perfectly. Whitney provided outstanding knowledgeable service and management was warm and welcoming. All right here in our home town. We will return (often).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding as alwaysSundaysat5Dined on 7/27/2014This is our favorite restaurnat for special occasions. The service is attantive but not intrusive. The food quality always hits the mark. Impressive wine list and the wiat staff knows the wine list and will assist if requested. Early Sunday night is the best time for a quiet dinner at Mignon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pochaDined on 7/22/2014Very nice restaurant. Food cooked to perfection. One day the service was terrible and the next day it was wonderfulSpecial Features:
- Perfect Dinner!PlanoDinerDined on 7/20/2014Mignon is our favorite restaurant in the Mertroplex! Consistent perfection and warm hospitality. New desserts are incredible! Look no further for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Return again and againOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/14/2014We absolutely love Mignon's. Every night there are unique and tasty specials. On this evening I took my wife, daughter, her daughter, and son out for a special birthday celebration. Food and service were both top notch and personalized service by the owners is always appreciated. We will continue to be regulars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodOJFLVIPDined on 7/12/2014This last time we were there the list of specials was as long as the menu itself and the food was great as always.Special Features:
- Great date nightfoodyDined on 7/12/2014This was a very nice restaurant. Excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CommentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/27/2014The service and atmosphere were awesome! However, we did not care for the food much. The spices and the preparation seemed to take away from the taste of good steak and sea bass.Special Features:
- Better than expected!LP31Dined on 6/21/2014Based on some of the reviews on other sights, we had wondered about Mignon's. We figured any restaurant that had lasted that long must be doing something right. We were very happy with our dinner. The food was excellent, the service very attentive and the atmosphere was very nice. Our party of four had, the Halibut special, the 6 oz. filet, the roasted chicken and the pecan crusted trout. All the dishes were excellent. We sampled each others and couldn't really pick the winner, they were all that good. Again, I don't know why the bad reviews because our dinner was excellent. We will definitely be back. Many reviews spoke of the price. No it's not cheap, but I believe the food and service justified the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experiencejake8848Dined on 6/15/2014Always excellent. Food quality and service consistent. Wonderful wine list. Love Mignon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at MignondiningrevueDined on 6/14/2014Celebrating a very good friends birthday with my wife. Beautiful setting - had a table outside overlooking the water. Very few Plano establishments have scenic outdoor dining. Food was quite good. Only issue - I had the filet and requested Bearnaise instead of the sauce on the menu. The waiter asked if it would be alright to charge me three dollars for the change. Pretty tacky given the prices charged at Mignon. Small things make a difference when dining at a higher end restaurant in the highly competitive Dallas market. Otherwise, a very nice evening.Special Features:
- Excellent restaurant!bossVIPDined on 6/14/2014Went on a Sat night to celebrate husband's birthday. We were both very impressed with service and food. Mignon is now our new neighborhood gem which will visit monthly!Special Features:
- SatisfiedDined on 6/11/2014IMy wife and I enjoyed the outstanding service and food. I would recommemd Mignon to everyone. And we plan on going back soon.Special Features:
- Once again, great mealBubbusEatingDined on 6/7/2014We are not regulars to this restaurant but we've been going for several years. Never a bad meal or service. Just a simply outstanding place to go. We split the escargot as an appetizer with the special salad (heirloom tomatoes with mozzarella topped with an olive tapinade). For the main course, my wife got the salmon on a corn succotash. I ordered the Prime Filet Deux. Cooked to perfection. Dessert was a decaf French pressed coffee with creme brulee and the raspberry mousse cake. Again, service was great and the food awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CharmingRosesnwineDined on 6/5/2014For a quiet evening, nice charming restaurant. I recommend valet to park however it is a quiet parking lot to walk across. The restaurant has a very nice bar that is situated away from the dining area. The patio is very nice facing the pond.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality...OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/30/2014Always a great Dinner! Filet is one of the best I've had...jalapeño au gratin is a must try.
- Horrible serviceHadBetterVIPDined on 5/22/2014Dinner was not pleasant. Our server was not friendly, not attentive, did not bring out tobassco & lemon as we requested for appetizer stage but brought it out when it was too late. She messed up our order & did not say sorry. We ended up with 8 raw oysters instead of 12. She spilled the oyster tray of water on the table & on my friend. Then called the manager out who was not apologetic. When we left we saw him flirting with a lady at the bar so maybe that is why he didn't attend to our needs. He claim he will check the kitchen camera to see if they got the oyster count correct but never even looked when we reminded him. Just terrible service!Special Features:
- Mignon was a nice surpriseFrenchyDined on 5/21/2014I had a meeting with a current client and a prospective vendor, and I found Mignon to be a perfect place for doing business. It was quiet, the wait staff recognized that a quiet conversation was going on and we were left alone for a while, and the food was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our 30th Anniversaryluvgr8foodDined on 5/20/2014We celebrated our 30th Anniversary with a wonderful dinner at Mignon. The food was perfectly cooked - steaks so tender, barely needed a knife. And sooooo delicious! We had a fabulous romantic booth with candlelight. Every course was served in a timely manner. Our server, Brady, was very attentive and knew the menu and specials very well. The matre'd also came by thru out the evening to make sure we had everything we wanted. This is a pricey place and definately a special occasion place for our budget. But I will find another occasion to eat here again and again. Definately worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's DaydbarrychuckDined on 5/11/2014Tina made our day great. She was really helpful on the sggestions for brunch and she paid special attention to the girls. Thank you Tina.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very slowScottDined on 5/11/2014We were there for 2 hours and 15 minutes to eat 3 courses. I realize it was Mothers Day, but the crowd was not any larger than what you would expect for a weekend night.
- Overwhelmed by Mother's Day crowdKCB1Dined on 5/11/2014Unfortunately, this was not a good experience. I have eaten here before and enjoyed the food and atmosphere. On Mother's Day, however, they just seemed overwhelmed. The waiter was barely communicative and the food was really not good at all with extremely poor presentation. Over-all, the lovely day and time with my children was the only positive part of the experience.
- Good but expensive wineOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/10/2014Everything was good, but they charge way more than they should for wine- 3xcost. they should use that as a hook vs the deterent it is.Special Features:
- Big partyHineSrDined on 5/10/2014We have been to Mignon many times and have always had a great dinner. This time, we had 10 persons, and I am afraid we overloaded the system. The waiter did his best to keep up, but with no help, he was overworked. I will go back, but with a smaller party.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy anniversary !ParkerDined on 4/26/2014Celebrated our 28th wedding anniversary at Mignon. A most enjoyable evening. Ambience, service and food were excellent! We have never been disappointed at Mignon!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 492 reviews are from the Mignon - Prime Steaks, Seafood and Cocktails reviews archive.
- Great atmosphereMikeHVIPDined on 4/19/2014Really nice place. Food was iffy, but will try again. Fish was dry. Scallops were good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing serviceJimCDined on 4/12/2014My wife and I enjoy eating at nice restaurants around town, and wanted to take her somewhere she hadn't been for her birthday. I'd eaten at Mignon's years ago and remembered it had very good food, excellent service and a great atmosphere. This time it only had two of three...lacking a good server. The manager who has been there 14 years was very personable and attentive, but our server was basically not around and disinterested. Everyone has a bad day and this was hers. We ate at Three Forks a couple of weeks prior and the service was what you expected when you spend $150. Plus, the charge to share an entree was very disappointing. We've found that many of the better restaurants have moved away from that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Patio-Food!Top10VIPDined on 4/11/2014We dined on the patio and both ordered steaks. Both the filet and bone in were delicious, but better yet was the patio on the lagoon, and a bottle of Palermo, which is one of Orrin Swift's new production of red blends, and this restaurant carries it. I would highly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, nice staffOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/5/2014First time for us at Mignon and a positive experience. The staff was warm and nice. Service was a tad slow, but we were not in a hurry. Excellent menu, wine and bar list. Pricey drinks, though. The food was great. Great taste, cooked the way it should be. Portions were excellent, a bit on a large side. Will return soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unremarkable and overpricedzurikDined on 4/5/2014I would not recommend this place to any of my friends and colleagues. I dropped $257 before tip for three people when in reality the meal and entire experience was probably worth no more than $80 tops. There is absolutely nothing "Prime" about the steaks or the seafood. The equivalent meal can be had at any crap U.S. chain like Saltgrass or Outback. A decent wine list, but egregiously overpriced. The service was mediocre and the staff shabbily dressed. The decor might have been just ok in 1998, but today it is extremely tired and outdated. We only went here because it was the only steak place in the Plano area that had a 7PM reservation available on a Saturday night with less than 1 hour notice. That says it all. We won't be back.
- Great food and a varietylangDined on 4/5/2014We eat here on anniversaries and birthdays. The beef is prime and fish dishes are also excellent. Wine is a bit pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eveningLuvedmignonDined on 4/5/2014Had a special night out my my parents and finace. Had fantastic drinks, with a fun bartender. Then impecable service at our table and scrumptious food!!! I got the oscar mignon and ate every bite!! Parents got the duck and another steak and devoted it. Same with the strip- amazing flavor in every dish. And we finished it off with their homemade warm gooey cookie and ice cream!!! Loved Mignon, can't wait to go back!! Also loved the portion sizes. Did not walk away feeling over stuffed which is a huge plus!!!Special Features:
- Only The Best...OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 3/23/2014Mignon is always on my list to visit while in DFW. Steaks are the best I've had and the service is always impeccable!Special Features:
- Mignon only gets better with age!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/14/2014Mignon is a small, independently owned "French-ish" restaurant. That is, if you are not a fan or familiar with French food, you will find many wonderful things on the menu that you will enjoy. My companion had the prime filet "au Poivre" and I had the prime filet "oscar." Both were exceptional. I have dined at many notable steakhouses, and I have never had a more tender steak, and both were prepared perfectly. Service was attentive but the waiter did not hang over the table. The owner stopped by to thank us for dining with them and he mentioned that he personally goes to select the produce from the distributor. The attention to detail in every area at this restaurant shows. A wonderful dining experience. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb food and service. WeDiner5Dined on 3/8/2014Superb food and service. We have been going to Mignon's over the years and have never been disappointed. It's a great place for celebrations or the romantic dinner for 2. My favorite appetizer is the fried brussel sprouts. Incredibly light. Our last visit was with a family group of 14. Very enjoyable! ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice evening outTDMNdo1Dined on 3/8/2014I usually read reviews before I decide on a restaurant. The reviews for Mignon were very good. So I have to say that the restaurant certainly lived up to the reviews I read. Very nice experience. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great time!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 3/5/2014Hands down the best steakhouse in Plano! Filets are the best I've had in a very long time...will return!Special Features: