343 53rd Ave N
Nashville, TN 37209Neighborhood:
French AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mielrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 6152983663
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday, Tuesday- Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm;
Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, Vegetarian / Vegan, French American
- Executive Chef: Ashley Quick
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Miel Restaurant caters events off site from small dinner parties and cocktail parties to large functions. Please call or email to inquire further.
- Private Party Facilities: The BARN @ Miel is a stand alone building on the property of the restaurant. It can accommodate up to 30 guests seated and up to 45 standing. Smaller parties feel at home as well in this rustic space that uses planked walnut wood tables, padded chairs and is finished off with old tobacco barn wood and burlap.
The space is easily dressed up or down, has a white wall for projecting and is available for daytime and evening events. See www.mielrestaurant.com for pictures.
- Private Party Contact: Seema 6152983663
A word from Miel
Miel is a classically influenced, refined bistro with a focus on locally sourced, organic produce & meats. Housed in the former Johnson's Meat Market building in the historic portion of Sylvan Park, the decor of is warm and simple with the old, oak Franklin Court House benches flanking the walls, Bling Fish Series art from Herb Williams on the walls and stained concrete floors. The bar is charming and comfortable, focusing on classic cocktails and spirits with a daily happy hour from 5:30-6:30. Enjoy dining on the patio on warm nights or sitting by the outside fire on cool nights. The BARN is the perfect place to host an event for up to 30 seated and up to 45 for a standing reception. Miel's herb garden adorns the front walkway and fruit trees are abundant in the patio garden.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Miel reviews from OpenTable diners
72 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (58)special occasion (45)neighborhood gem (41)romantic (34)notable wine list (18)good for groups (9)great for outdoor dining (7)hot spot (5)late-night find (2)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Our favorite restaurant!PastaLover9Dined on 9/12/2014Miel never disappoints! Beautiful space, wonderful food and great service. A pleasant and memorable experience every time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sweet as honeySPDinerDined on 9/11/2014I love Miel - my neighborhood go-to place. Chef Will is doing fantastic things with veggies fresh from Miel's garden. Our evening started with an amuse-bouche of a tiny piece of toast with a melt-in-your-mouth cellophane-thin sliver of pork belly topped with tomato salad. I then moved on to the squash salad with goat cheese, celebrating the end of the summer season. My entree was the chicken, with crispy golden-skinned breast meat atop a sort of risotto, very rich, made with farro, goat cheese, okra and pepitas, with generous chunks of thigh meat mixed in. So rich and copious I enjoyed it for lunch the next day too! (My friend's tomato salad and veggie plate looked amazing too!) Sadly no one had room for dessert!Special Features:
- Lovely EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/10/2014My husband and I enjoyed a lovely evening at Miel. The food was wonderfully prepared and quite filling.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- French at its bestMaplekiwiDined on 9/3/2014Wonderful selection of interesting dishes. Each one had a little something extra. The sauces were perfect - light and flavorful. They did not overpower the food but, as it should be, enhanced the flavors. Every course was superb. The chicken and pork dishes of the evening were excellent. Portion sizes are not too large, but filling with enough room for dessert without feeling stuffed. I would return for the profiteroles alone! Worth the price.Special Features:
- johaDined on 8/29/2014Fresh and flavorful food. Well rounded menu. Service was ya little slow.Special Features:
- Sweet as HoneyGoodFoodVIPDined on 8/24/2014Lovely restaurant, inventive menu, nice Happy Hour benefits too.Special Features:
- BreadGGC64VIPDined on 8/21/2014I had to continously ask for more bread. Each time 3 small slices would appear. It was espically annoying when we were told that most of their clients do not eat bread. Seems like they should have had pleanty to serve us.Special Features:
- Anniversarydatenight2Dined on 8/15/2014Food was fantastic. Service was good. Highy recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous FoodMaddieDined on 8/15/2014Quiet and cozy restaurant. The food was delicious and a menu selection that you would not find at your average restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rustic French and Italian FusionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/12/2014What a treat! Well-prepared, unique food that is delightfully understated. My father and I went out to celebrate a special occasion and were pleasantly surprised by this restaurant's offerings. Amazing wine list, perfectly suited for the cuisine. The menu is chalked full of humble dishes in a rustic style but don't let the simplicity of the ingredients fool you. This chef is on fire! Creative, perfectly-seasoned combinations in a distinctly French and Italian style made this one of the best food experiences we have ever had. The service was impeccable and the ambiance was what you would expect from a fine dining establishment. Thank you, Miel!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wish they were in my towntravelgateDined on 8/10/2014The four of us are have each spent a lot of time in lots of cities. This place certainly is a gem. With four different entrees, we each enjoyed our meals and desserts. Yes, it is out of the way but the 10 minute ride from downtown was well worth it. The setting is pleasant but not elegant. This is just a place where they love fine food and know how to cook it well. A must visit.Special Features:
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/8/2014We go here for a treat when we want to a food experience. Always a flavor treat with interesting recipes.Special Features:
- SFOtoBNADined on 8/5/2014Miel will not disappoint! I'm a foodie from San Francisco - kind of picky - and I wholeheartedly would recommend Miel to even the most hard to please. Great spot for special occasions, out of town guests or just a sweet romantic dinner with your sweetie.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Risotto!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/1/2014From the wine to the cheese to the carrot risotto, everything was delicious!! This restaurant is in an unexpected location but close to West Meade and also Downtown (via Charlotte). Parking would have been easy but we took Uber instead so we could enjoy the wine!!! We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden Gem!NashvilleFoodieDined on 8/1/2014If you are a foodie you have to try Miel. There arecno other farm to table restaurants in the white bridge, green Hills and Belle Meade areas that I know of so it's a must!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not fine tunedgaryDined on 7/26/2014Not taking into account the A/c not working properly it was a sub par experience. Our server was very nice but stretched. I understand customers don't want to be rushed but delays were too long. Final straw was we did want to have dessert and said we would look at the menu but it took 10 minutes to have it brought over. Wine was served elsewhere, orders taken elsewhere then finally we are given a menu. Owner (manager? ) in the room but seemed not tuned into anything going on. Diners around us seemed to be in the same situation with slow service.
- Pleasantly surprisedMAL1Dined on 7/25/2014It was our first time at Miel. The food was fantastic, as well as the service. The host greeted us with such a breath of fresh air & so approachable throughout our dinner. Would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First visitOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/25/2014New friends recommended Miel. Food and service were top shelf! We were not rushed by servers. Portions and flavors were perfect. We will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely birthday dinnerNoLackOfOpinionsDined on 7/22/2014Our little group enjoyed a very pleasant dinner. The service was attentive without being intrusive. The French rose was divine on a warm night. The beet salad was earthy and refreshing. We had the trout, the pork shoulder and the steak, and each dish was very well-prepared, with interesting sides and sauces. We will certainly return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little gemHoniDined on 7/2/2014We found this restaurant by searching Zagat, because we didn't know where to eat in Nashville. I'd never have searched in this neighborhood, but it was worth it. My trout was excellent. Crispy on the one side and juicy on the other. The match with the orange butter was very tasty. My husband ordered the short rib and it was very good, too. The music was nice and the service very friendly. So all in all: it was a very nice dinner experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect dining experience !T42PLZVIPDined on 6/27/2014In Nashville for one night, we found a gem in Miel. Plentiful parking, friendly reception, the best Negroni I've had, short rib greens and pork gnocchi plates delicious- chocolate mousse and coffee bean florentine sublime - we'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding MealfamilymanagerDined on 6/24/2014I took my adult son for special dinner on Tuesday night. The meal was memorable, quail and pork shoulder with gnocchi. Both entrees melted in our mouths! Highly recommend for delicious dinner that would be hard to pull off at home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gnashvilleVIPDined on 6/24/2014Had one of the best meals I can remember anywhere - smoked quail, seafood terrine- everything was perfect.Special Features:
- Not a Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/22/2014The slow service combined with the fact there was only one server in our area caused us to get up and leave and go to a different restaurant where we knew we would get timely service and our food would be served in a timely manner. Wanted to like Miel, have been there twice before, just can't bring myself to like it.
- Really good dinner :)SFOtoBNADined on 6/21/2014I went to Miel for the 1st time w/friends who had been many times before & had mixed reviews between them. We'd heard there was a newer chef,so had hopes of redemption (we even have 1 friend who says he'll never go back) That said-with a party of 8, ALL of us LOVED our meal on Sat. night.I managed restaurants in SanFrancisco and just moved to Nashville.I am picky about not just food, but service & all details.My only wishes for improvement are so slight they shouldn't dissuade anyone from trying Miel.I would have liked the water cooler & the bread warmer (or at least just warm).My trout entree was as good as any entree I have had anywhere, I loved every morsel of it.Our server could have been more gracious, front door greeting was very warmSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love MielreturncustomerDined on 6/19/2014Seema Prasad's Miel has hit a new gear--again--elevating simple and beautiful ingredients onto perfectly proportioned plates. Our party of four had halibut, trout, pork shoulder, and a risotto, and all we did was rave all night. Our beet salad was tiny, sweet, and perfect, the cheese plate (thank you Bloomy Rind!) beautiful and varied, and the cocktail/wine list just so. Seema knows and cares for her all customers, so every visit feels like returning home. Kudos also to chef Will Uhlhorn, whose cooking is so fine this Orioles fan forgives his ubiquitous Red Sox cap. Can't get back soon enough.Special Features:
- DsterDined on 6/11/2014Finally booked Miel for a Wednesday night birthday dinner after wanting to try this place for some time. We found the decor and ambiance of Miel pleasing, were promptly seated by a smiling hostess. Cocktails were ordered, and btw, great bourbon selection, I tried the Elijah Craigh 12 y/o. The description of Miel is a French restaurant, however, I didn't see any classic French entrees or apps on the menu. We opted for halibut and trout after a beet and cheese salad and the red crunch salad with anchovies that was excellent. Both entrees were good with a nice chard. Dessert was ordered with French press coffee, we chose panna cotta and a chocolate mousse terrine which was very good. Limited menu, good service, well prepared food would returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful place!localfoodloverDined on 6/10/2014I was with business associate but definitely noted the romantic feel of the space. So nice to be somewhere that encourages you to take your time and savor the atmosphere as well as the food, which, by the way, was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect anniversary dinnerMilitaryMomDined on 6/7/2014We made our reservation, four Miel very easy to find and park. Food was excellent. Our server was friendly and helpful. He was available but did not hover. Wine was a perfect addition. My husband enjoyed coffee with our delicious dessert. We will certainly be back.Special Features:
- Absolutely wonderful.RebeccaDined on 6/4/2014We were greeted by the owner at the door. The service was very attentive and were well trained. Best Halibut ever!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Much better options aroundDissapointedVIPDined on 5/30/2014The food was fine but certainly unremarkable. The service was just barely good enough off to not be labeled poor, but "indifferent" would certainly be appropriate. There are many, many restaurants for the money im Nashville that far exceed Miel.Special Features:
- OK, but not greatChrisVIPDined on 5/23/2014My wife and I chose Miel for our anniversary dinner. We were disappointed. The main courses were over-salted, probably in an effort to add flavor, but it really wasn't necessary. In fact, it was salty to the point of nauseating. The appetizers were better than the main course, and the drinks were good. My recommendation would be to go for a glass of wine or cocktail + appetizers, and skip the main course.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/20/2014Miel is a true find for those who abhor fast food and want to savor the bestSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 103 reviews are from the Miel reviews archive.
- Really wanted to eat hereMarsDined on 5/17/2014My ratings are in the medium range because we didn't get to eat. We had scoured the menu online and were getting excited. When we got to the restaurant, ordered our drinks and wine, we scoured the current menu and just as we were about to order the power went off. We begged some bread while we waited but the power never came on. The whole neighborhood was out. We had to leave go to an inferior chain restaurant. Will try again when in Nashville.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemchoicechewsDined on 5/10/2014Miel has a low key ambiance that emphasizes the fresh food and excellent service. If it had been proper I would have licked the plate. I don't often eat everything that is on the plate; at Miel I did. The spoon of honey at the end is a sweet reminder of the wonderful meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/9/2014We went there after graduation for a wonderful dinner. The service was terrific and the food was incredible. Would definitely go back the next time I am in Nashville.Special Features:
- Excellent Food...Great AtmosphereFoodieDined on 5/2/2014Went with friends/colleagues while at a conference. Food was great! Service was excellent. We went to the Bluebird after and staff (owner?) said she would drive us if the cab did not come on time!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brilliant!TiggyVIPDined on 4/27/2014Simply prepared but exciting dishes served in an unpretentious manner in a cosy setting. Love the beet salad and the scallops but honestly like everything at Miel!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Tastes, Small PortionsOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/26/2014Our meal was fantastic (trout, scallops, 2 salads, 2 desserts); however, it is disappointing to pay over $20 for an entree and still leave hungry! Awesome ambiance though - great spot for Sylvan Park.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/26/2014The food was good. The service was slow. I really liked the pork even though it was too salty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.