343 53rd Ave N
Nashville, TN 37209Neighborhood:
French AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mielrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (615) 298-3663
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday, Tuesday- Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm;
Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, Vegetarian / Vegan, French American
- Executive Chef: Ashley Quick
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Miel Restaurant caters events off site from small dinner parties and cocktail parties to large functions. Please call or email to inquire further.
- Private Party Facilities: The BARN @ Miel is a stand alone building on the property of the restaurant. It can accommodate up to 30 guests seated and up to 45 standing. Smaller parties feel at home as well in this rustic space that uses planked walnut wood tables, padded chairs and is finished off with old tobacco barn wood and burlap.
The space is easily dressed up or down, has a white wall for projecting and is available for daytime and evening events. See www.mielrestaurant.com for pictures.
- Private Party Contact: Seema 6152983663
A word from Miel
Miel is a classically influenced, refined bistro with a focus on locally sourced, organic produce & meats. Housed in the former Johnson's Meat Market building in the historic portion of Sylvan Park, the decor of is warm and simple with the old, oak Franklin Court House benches flanking the walls, Bling Fish Series art from Herb Williams on the walls and stained concrete floors. The bar is charming and comfortable, focusing on classic cocktails and spirits with a daily happy hour from 5:30-6:30. Enjoy dining on the patio on warm nights or sitting by the outside fire on cool nights. The BARN is the perfect place to host an event for up to 30 seated and up to 45 for a standing reception. Miel's herb garden adorns the front walkway and fruit trees are abundant in the patio garden.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Miel reviews from OpenTable diners
89 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (71)neighborhood gem (56)special occasion (54)romantic (39)notable wine list (29)good for groups (18)hot spot (8)great for outdoor dining (7)late-night find (4)great for lunch (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Not too impressed!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/23/2014Very limited menu. It was difficult to find anything I liked.Special Features:
- Quiet Birthday CelebrationrebeccpDined on 11/16/2014I have been to Miel twice now and so thoroughly enjoyed. Such attention to detail and beautiful presentation of delicious food. Will recommend and will return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mile was so enjoyableArthurJacobVIPDined on 11/15/2014It was a bit of a drive for our party but we glad we tried it for dinner. Excellent service provided by Bonita and delicious entrees. We all left happy. Recommended. Book early.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MC1978Dined on 11/15/2014Miel is always a treat......the food is interesting, wonderfully presented and of course excellence! The service is outstanding....personal without being intrusive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timeDSaladinoDined on 11/13/2014My first time at Miel, so when you go just plan on relaxing when you get there! Some say the service is too slow, if you're in a rush then yes, the experience is about enjoying the moment with your friends or family, without the constant interruptions of the staff, they are there and they are paying attention. Miel has a small menu that focus from farm to table. The food is fresh and delicious. The main course proportions are small; you are full, but not overly "stuffed," so there is room for dessert! The cheese sampler is divine, but it is a sampler. The servings are very tiny for the price, my only negative. The Cheese sampler is more of a single serving rather then a serving you can share. Nonetheless the cheeses are made from sheep and cows milk, and the flavors and textures are heavenly! Cheese, just like it was intended to be made! For the main course my party had the duck, beef cheeks, and trout, all very good! Miel is a beautiful restaurant! I will be going back and I am taking others with me!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dissapointingexpectmoreDined on 11/13/2014Been wanting to go to Miel for a while. Service was good as soon as we sat. However they were very slow to come back. I ordered bread twice and it never came. I ordered iced tea a second time and it also did not come. The food was mediocre and the prices very high for what they give you. I ordered the beef with cabbage. The cabbage was very greasy. The beef was tender but it had a non pleasant taste. My friend order the pork which was tasty but a very small portion for $26.00. Overall I would not recommend.
- always wonderfullocalfoodloverDined on 11/8/2014I've always had a great experience at Miel - it's a fantastic restaurant without being pretentious.Special Features:
- Excellent dinnerplainviewboyDined on 11/8/2014The service was excellent - we were able to enjoy a cocktail and cheese plate before ordering entrees without feeling rushed. The food was imaginative and very well prepared. All in all, an excellent experience.Special Features:
- Outstanding!Jes0918Dined on 11/2/2014First time and was blown away. Great vibe, nice clean decor, food amazing. Had the arugula and fennel salad, pork, and olive oil cake. All delicious. A little pricey but worth itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WHAT TOOK ME SO LONG?DannyMartiniDined on 11/1/2014My wife has been longing to try Miel for about 5 years. What have we been waiting for? Every review we've read was glowing. So is ours. So what if it's out the Charlotte Pike. It's well worth the drive from Brentwood. The front staff was friendly. Our table was ready upon arrival. Our server Bonita was exceptional. Attentive but not hovering over you. The food was wonderful. We ordered trout and redfish and both were delicious. We both thought the redfish was one of the best fish preparations we've had locally. The wine list had plenty of good affordable choices. Nice selection of hors d' oeuvres & desserts. If you haven't been you need to try Miel. It's one of the very best in Nashville.Special Features:
- Good, But Not GreatSouProfVIPDined on 11/1/2014Anniversary dinner choice. An attempt at Parisian cuisine that falls sort, in my estimation. The entrees on the menu were OK, but more American fusion than French. Beet salad was outstanding, lentil soup lacked depth of seasoning, and Red Fish was fresh, but generally unremarkable. The small young turnips (both of them), served with the fish, were very good. Cocktail was well prepared and notable in its balance of flavors and presentation. Value was average to below average for a good dinner in Nashville.
- Delicious DinnerceebeeDined on 10/31/2014Our trip to Miel was wonderful. The food was definitely some of the better food I've had in Nashville, and the management and staff was lovely. The restaurant was pretty empty for 8pm on a Friday night, but our party did not mind. Despite the small number of patrons, however, we were surprised that the service was so slow. It took a while to get our drinks and food, but the food was definitely worth the wait. Additionally, the management was great about food allergies, and really made me feel safe dining there. Everyone in the group mentioned they will be going back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!shkmdDined on 10/25/2014What a find! This was, hands-down, the best meal my husband and I have had in Nashville since we moved here 3 years ago. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never missesreturncustomerVIPDined on 10/22/2014Seema has crafted a lovely little spot that hits every note perfectly: thoughtful, fresh, beautifully prepared meals served with care in a vibrant environment. Only problem: I'm not there every night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over thinking the vegetables.Healthyeater59Dined on 10/19/2014Seating was a breeze. Waitress was sloooow. Ordered the vegetable dish. Was served Green lentils, okay. Giant flat white beans on toast with goat cheese. Although I informed I was gluten free. Wilted greens blah. Meal was not what I anticipated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mielonlymeDined on 10/19/2014well! Service overall was very disappointed ,not attentive ,careless and cold.Food was good except the risotto way over cooked and after comment about it to the owner no attempt to correct the problem was made. For a party of 4 our check was about $400. I think it was a good average check, so much more was expected by me.
- Great French RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/18/2014Love this restaurant for special occasions. As in France we were not rushed or expected to leave for a second sitting. Great waiter and food. Loved it!Special Features:
- Perfect dinner for oneOrchidLadyDined on 10/17/2014I arrived early and my table was ready. Since I was dining by myself, they seated me at a table overlooking the very busy kitchen area which entertained me as I waited. All the staff were helpful and friendly, but the food was absolutely delicious. I started with a duck confit and white bean salad with big shavings of pecorino romano. My entree was a vegetable platter which held 3 different combinations, roasted corn and okra on aoillio, marinated radishes on a brioche slice with goat cheese and pistachios, and a 3rd--roasted and carmelized acorn squash slice with sauteed beans over the top. All were flavorful and cooked perfectly, service with a Spanish white wine. The only downside was that very few of the wines came by the glass.Special Features:
- honey piechefDined on 10/16/2014away from downtown, miel delivers tasty and creative dishes with a light touch, fine, friendly service, great ambiance and a wonderful wine list with many great choices. our dinner was capped by a tiny spoonful of delicious honey (miel). nice touch! we'll return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently great.RustyRDined on 10/15/2014I have eaten at Miel's at least 6 times and it is always an exceptional experience.Special Features:
- Great placeLockeDined on 10/12/2014This is the best restaurant we've eaten at in our trip to Nashville. We would eat here again. It's hard for us to judge the atmosphere and noise level because we went on a Sunday evening when only a few tables were seated. The food was excellent, though, and the service was very good as well. My wife ordered a vegetable plate for dinner, which sounds boring but wasn't at all. The vegetables were delicious and the plate included several different preparations. I had beef cheeks with charred cabbage, it was totally delicious. The beef cheeks were incredibly tender.Special Features:
- Wonderful Food, Quirky LocationMark37069Dined on 10/11/2014We had made online reservations, which the restaurant was apparently not prepared for. It was after 8:30 and the dining room was about half full. It took over 30 minutes to order, but once the service began the food was wonderful. The cheese plate appetizer was very tasty, if somewhat commonplace. The entrees however really shone. The quail was prepared perfectly, and paired with luscious greens. The braised pork shoulder was deliciously tender and came with gnocchi whose texture was a wonder. Dessert was a buttermilk panna cotta with a slight tang, along with a French press to share. The location is unexpected, atmosphere a little loud with no private tables, and the service got off to a rough start. But the food was marvelous.Special Features:
- Spot on!cmoskovitzDined on 10/3/2014They just execute so well. Every dish was beautifully presented, delicious and service was professional, but not stuffy. The atmosphere is neighborhood hip and with just the right comfortable vibe. Food never disappoints!Special Features:
- Very good food!GatorgirlDined on 9/21/2014I was surprised to learn the restaurant had been around for years. I just saw it on Open Table for the first time and decided to try it when another choice was closed on Sunday. The food was very well prepared and very delicious. Cocktails were also prepared quite perfectly but took a very long time for just 2 glasses of wine and 2 cocktails. The atmosphere while perfect in terms of seating and lighting is quite plain. From my perspective, dining out is about the entire experience. The service was attentive but not intrusive. We will be back.
- Our favorite restaurant!PastaLover9Dined on 9/12/2014Miel never disappoints! Beautiful space, wonderful food and great service. A pleasant and memorable experience every time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sweet as honeySPDinerDined on 9/11/2014I love Miel - my neighborhood go-to place. Chef Will is doing fantastic things with veggies fresh from Miel's garden. Our evening started with an amuse-bouche of a tiny piece of toast with a melt-in-your-mouth cellophane-thin sliver of pork belly topped with tomato salad. I then moved on to the squash salad with goat cheese, celebrating the end of the summer season. My entree was the chicken, with crispy golden-skinned breast meat atop a sort of risotto, very rich, made with farro, goat cheese, okra and pepitas, with generous chunks of thigh meat mixed in. So rich and copious I enjoyed it for lunch the next day too! (My friend's tomato salad and veggie plate looked amazing too!) Sadly no one had room for dessert!Special Features:
- Lovely EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/10/2014My husband and I enjoyed a lovely evening at Miel. The food was wonderfully prepared and quite filling.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- French at its bestMaplekiwiDined on 9/3/2014Wonderful selection of interesting dishes. Each one had a little something extra. The sauces were perfect - light and flavorful. They did not overpower the food but, as it should be, enhanced the flavors. Every course was superb. The chicken and pork dishes of the evening were excellent. Portion sizes are not too large, but filling with enough room for dessert without feeling stuffed. I would return for the profiteroles alone! Worth the price.Special Features:
- johaDined on 8/29/2014Fresh and flavorful food. Well rounded menu. Service was ya little slow.Special Features:
- Sweet as HoneyGoodFoodVIPDined on 8/24/2014Lovely restaurant, inventive menu, nice Happy Hour benefits too.Special Features:
- BreadGGC64VIPDined on 8/21/2014I had to continously ask for more bread. Each time 3 small slices would appear. It was espically annoying when we were told that most of their clients do not eat bread. Seems like they should have had pleanty to serve us.Special Features:
- Anniversarydatenight2Dined on 8/15/2014Food was fantastic. Service was good. Highy recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous FoodMaddieDined on 8/15/2014Quiet and cozy restaurant. The food was delicious and a menu selection that you would not find at your average restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rustic French and Italian FusionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/12/2014What a treat! Well-prepared, unique food that is delightfully understated. My father and I went out to celebrate a special occasion and were pleasantly surprised by this restaurant's offerings. Amazing wine list, perfectly suited for the cuisine. The menu is chalked full of humble dishes in a rustic style but don't let the simplicity of the ingredients fool you. This chef is on fire! Creative, perfectly-seasoned combinations in a distinctly French and Italian style made this one of the best food experiences we have ever had. The service was impeccable and the ambiance was what you would expect from a fine dining establishment. Thank you, Miel!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wish they were in my towntravelgateDined on 8/10/2014The four of us are have each spent a lot of time in lots of cities. This place certainly is a gem. With four different entrees, we each enjoyed our meals and desserts. Yes, it is out of the way but the 10 minute ride from downtown was well worth it. The setting is pleasant but not elegant. This is just a place where they love fine food and know how to cook it well. A must visit.Special Features:
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/8/2014We go here for a treat when we want to a food experience. Always a flavor treat with interesting recipes.Special Features:
- SFOtoBNADined on 8/5/2014Miel will not disappoint! I'm a foodie from San Francisco - kind of picky - and I wholeheartedly would recommend Miel to even the most hard to please. Great spot for special occasions, out of town guests or just a sweet romantic dinner with your sweetie.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Risotto!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/1/2014From the wine to the cheese to the carrot risotto, everything was delicious!! This restaurant is in an unexpected location but close to West Meade and also Downtown (via Charlotte). Parking would have been easy but we took Uber instead so we could enjoy the wine!!! We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden Gem!NashvilleFoodieDined on 8/1/2014If you are a foodie you have to try Miel. There arecno other farm to table restaurants in the white bridge, green Hills and Belle Meade areas that I know of so it's a must!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 121 reviews are from the Miel reviews archive.
- not fine tunedgaryDined on 7/26/2014Not taking into account the A/c not working properly it was a sub par experience. Our server was very nice but stretched. I understand customers don't want to be rushed but delays were too long. Final straw was we did want to have dessert and said we would look at the menu but it took 10 minutes to have it brought over. Wine was served elsewhere, orders taken elsewhere then finally we are given a menu. Owner (manager? ) in the room but seemed not tuned into anything going on. Diners around us seemed to be in the same situation with slow service.