510 Atlantic Ave.
Boston, MA 02210Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.intercontinentalboston.com/
- Phone: (617) 217-5151
- Hours of Operation:
Monday – Friday:
Breakfast: 6:30am - 11:00am
Lunch: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
Breakfast: 6:30am -11:00am
Brunch: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Lunch: 3:00pm - 4:00pm
Dinner: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
Breakfast: 6:30am -11:00am
Brunch: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Lunch: 3:00pm - 4:00pm
Dinner: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Provencal, French
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Private Dining is offered in our Olive Oil Cellar, this unique space seats 18 guests with a chandelier composed of 376 olive oil glass bottles, suspended above a 9-foot round table carved from a 1,000 year-old olive tree.
- Private Party Facilities: Miel features a private, glass enclosed dining room that accommodates up to 14 guests. With a table made from a 1000 year-old olive oil tree and an extensive collection of olive oils.
- Private Party Contact: Allison Neves 617-217-5041x
A word from Miel
Miel “Brasserie Provençale” is a AAA Four Diamond-rated restaurant, and is Boston's first Provence themed Brasserie. Miel celebrates the organic wonders of this region of France and highlights products such as aromatic herbs (de Provence), lavender, honey and olive oil. Miel boasts outdoor dining overlooking the glistening Fort Point Channel and InterContinental Gardens.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Miel reviews from OpenTable diners
85 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (45)scenic view (38)fit for foodies (29)special occasion (29)romantic (20)good for groups (16)great for lunch (11)great for brunch (11)vibrant bar scene (9)notable wine list (9)hot spot (7)neighborhood gem (5)late-night find (3)Show More
- JohnPVIPDined on 11/18/2014The food was good, the restaurant was quiet for our meeting and the server was friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely after the theaterSusieVIPDined on 11/8/2014The excellent service even on a Sunday evening is just perfect. The food (Provencal, hints of Italian) is very enjoyable with several unique dishes. I had never had short ribs in cannelloni (very tender) before. My husband really enjoyed the different bouillbaise with four kinds of fish and a light and flavorful sauce. Oh, and for an appetizer we shared a wonderfully spiced (mildly) yellow fin tuna tartare.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine but not up to usual StandardsPaulVIPDined on 11/6/2014As a frequent Business Lunch diner at Miel, this time they were slightly off their game. Service was a bit slow, and food was okay but not up to past standards. Their normally excellent Clam Chowder was a bit saltier than in past, and than necessary in my view. The Tuna Burger was okay, but not outstanding. I consider this a blip as past experiences have all been better.Special Features:
- Manager Saves the DayTwin123185Dined on 10/26/2014Could have been a disaster but the manager was great. 2 people in my party ordered the ricotta breakfast but what came out was not really as described or anticipated. To make a long story short, the manager asked what was expected amd that's what was made and it was perfect. All good and delicious. The pancakes here are excellent by the way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pmacVIPDined on 10/25/2014Great service, delicious food, wish it was warmer out so we could sit outside on the water and have a drink :)Special Features:
- MarieVIPDined on 10/25/2014The meal was tasty and the service was generally good. The scallops are more of an appetizer than a meal, with just the three scallops and a bit of garnish. (there is a menu option for four scallops too.) I wasn't very hungry so they were enough with bread and dessert. But if you are hungry, select something else. My husband had a vegetarian risotto and thought it was excellent. The molten cake with salt caramel ice cream was divine. I enjoyed the red sangria as well as it was not heavy handed with the alcohol. The bar, which is quite popular (hence crowded and noisy), is far enough away from the restaurant to not disturb the quiet peace of the dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic!KiismekateDined on 10/11/2014I went because the pictures were beautiful and I was not disappointed! Such a romantic restaurant, felt like I was in the French country side!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/23/2014Great food (the lamb chops is a must try)! Terrible service. Will return just for the food though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/17/2014Excellent service...makes you feel like royalty. Very accommodating to personal wishes. Food was great, but not rich enough to be 5 star...A Lil bit of Jazz or classical music and this place would be Gem and a must for any special occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointingrskrVIPDined on 9/14/2014Food all came out cold and all poached eggs were hard. This restaurant is too high end to have these problems. Ruined our meal.
- Food was deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/13/2014The food and service were very good but the noise level was very high. Had trouble carrying on a conversation. Two or three functions were going on.Special Features:
- DonaldVIPDined on 9/13/2014We have eaten here before, but were disappointed this visit. It was hard to find something appealing on the menu. All four of us chose something different and all of us were disappointed. Nothing was bad, nothing was special. Sorry!
- Food is good but service slippedRayRayVIPDined on 9/11/2014As usual the food was good. but was disappointed for service took the waiter about 45 minutes the waiters came by to take our order. I know they are typically better than that as I have been there a number of times. So a mulligan for this time.
- Great ExperienceSamuelDined on 9/7/2014A tasteful experience, Quiet area close to the marina. Excellent service. Food is just DELICIOUS. You have to go there if you are going to Boston !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent eveningStu1260Dined on 9/5/2014While almost everybody else was outside eating, we were in a beautiful room that was cool and empty. The servers let us go at our own pace and even order appetizers from the bar menu! The tilapia sliders were tasty and huge. Everybody enjoyed their entrees. I had the duck and it was perfect. We did not have dessert, so we cannot comment. The servers were very helpful.Special Features:
- First time, won't be last...OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/4/2014It was a great treat to have breakfast at Miel as we returned to Boston for the first time in many years. Great food, service, decor and lacation.Special Features:
- Excellent service by Paul.KegarooVIPDined on 9/3/2014Paul made sure we had an excellent experience. He knows wines and pairings well and we truly enjoyed dinner, wine, and after dinner drinks and treats.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Bad ServiceKGFOODIEVIPDined on 9/1/2014The food was very good, however the waiter kept bringing us things we had not ordered. It felt like he was just trying to boost the bill.Special Features:
- Just what we were looking forManandwifeDined on 8/31/2014My wife and I were celebration our anniversary in Boston and wanted to find a romantic retaurant with delicious food, an outdoor dining area, and some good wine. Miel fit the bill on all three accounts. Our waitress was excellent. Attentive and extremely accommodating. She even apologized when it began to rain on us :) The food was outstanding! The clan chowder was so creamy and delicious and the scallops were cooked to perfection. Every dish looked as good as it tasted! Our only surprise was how few people were at the restaurant but it made it that much more romantic for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely ambienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014I was here for restaurant week. I last visited this restaurant 5 years ago and the food was spectacular. Restaurant week you generally have to rachet down your expectations, but the menu sounded so good. The food was just okay. The cherries and brie-like cheese in my salad were very tasty, the the greens they used were actually pungent and strange. The ravioli for my main course was swimming in a pool of cream and pesto. The lemon sorbet was just ok, what can you say about that. The hotel, bar, and restaurant inside are just gorgeous. I don't know why I don't spend more time there. We sat outside at night and the view of the water and lit torches were beautiful. The service was not attentive.Special Features:
- Excellent service and food!My2centsVIPDined on 8/27/2014Was there for restaurant week. Sat out on the patio. Was a lovely summer night with nice view of the water and city lights! Loved the scallops and steak which was done perfectly. Would definitely go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not readyOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/27/2014I arrived with my party of 7 a few minutes after my set reservation and the hostess never even acknowledge us and then it took them another 10 minutes to set up a table (the reataurant was not busy). My entire party watched the hostess and bus boy set up the table at a snails pace. It was very frustrating.
- Great anniversary dinnerdinnerfortwoDined on 8/26/2014We went to Miel to celebrate a special anniversary. When we arrived at our table overlooking the Fort Point Channel they brought flutes of champagne to us along with a lovely, handwritten anniversary card. The attentive waiter helped with our selections. We selected one dinner from the Restaurant Week menu and one from the regular menu. Our waiter suggested a wine pairing. We decided to splurge. He listened to what we liked, and gave us great selections. The food and wine were excellent. The waiter surprised us with a special anniversary dessert along with a dessert wine. All in all an outstanding meal and wonderful service - it made a special anniversary particularly memorable! (and surprisingly reasonable in price!)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice outdoor lunchLadiesLunch4Dined on 8/26/2014An enjoyable lunch out and the setting made the price tag palatable. Service was pretty poor - food was slow to come out and the waiter was no where to be found after the food came out and one meal had been improperly prepared and a salad was completely missing its dressing. I expected more for the price (better service and food)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what I hoped forinmyhumbleopinionDined on 8/23/2014First the good- our waiter Paul was awesome, helpful with wine pairing and accommodating when I didn't like my salad (swapped it out no problem!) but sadly he couldn't make up for the failings of the menu and food which were very disappointing, especially for the price, not worth it I am sad to saySpecial Features:
- comfortable fine diningOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/22/2014Excellent service friendly professional staff delicious superbly prepared meal. Beautiful room simple elegance and able to have leisurely meal while enjoying view of water and harbor walkway. Convenient location with reasonably priced valet parkingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AverageElibeth0Dined on 8/21/2014Though the food and service was great, it wasn't an oh my God experience like some of the restaurants we've been to for Restaurant Week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice views, ritzy settingJOHN02155VIPDined on 8/17/2014Food was good, service very satisfactory. The vibe is very international, i.e. except for the view you could be anywhere. No local character, but if you're not looking for that, it's fine.Special Features:
- Wow!JemmyVIPDined on 8/10/2014Not really sure what to expect but this is one of the best we have had. The portions were not huge but were reasonable. The Flavors However were spectacular and the smaller portions allowed you to really relish the delicious creations from a master chef! The best duck breast ever and my husband said his scallops were the best tasting he has ever had. You leave remembering nothing but the exquisite flavors you have experienced! Will definitely go back for more. Not cheap but worth every penny!Special Features:
- IrongoatVIPDined on 8/9/2014outstanding service with experienced and knowledgeable wait staff team, great outdoor dining experience and terrific selections from appetizers to entres available.I will be going back here alot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was OK, scenery beautifulWendyEVIPDined on 8/8/2014Very overpriced, mediocre food. But you can't beat getting a table for 6 outside with a live band playing nearby, the water flowing by, and the generally beautiful ambiance.Special Features:
- Great for outdoor diningDine2liveDined on 8/3/2014We've celebrated a birthday there last week and the weather was nice, so we could have a table outside. It was great Sunday afternoon with some live jazz music and delicious food! The restaurant gave a surprise cake, so it was a nice touch. They didn't rush to take away the finished plates, but the food was good. Don't expect to have huge plates though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 746 reviews are from the Miel reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014The food was good but not great; it was better when we've gone in the past.Special Features:
- Enjoyable Outdoor Dining !yes2foodDined on 7/25/2014Experienced a birthday dinner at Le Miel on the patio. It was very enjoyable. The staff went out of their way to make it special. It made for a memorable evening.Special Features:
- A little disappointingburghDined on 7/23/2014The highlights include the atmosphere/view, the clam chowder, fries, chocolate cake, drinks and wine. The service was a bit slow. A couple us ordered scallops and they were room temp. They were served over potatoes that were supposed to be crispy but most were soggy. We mentioned to the waitress that the scallops were not hot. She handled the situation very well by bringing fresh orders of scallops that were warm but unfortunately the potatoes were still not right. In addition she did not charge us for the entrees which we certainly did not expect. My previous dining experiences there were better overall especially lunch.Special Features:
- WonderfuiFoodfanDined on 7/18/2014We dined here twice over the course of a weekend stay at the intercontinental. The food was exceptional and the service was superb. Waiter Stephen was not only familiar with the menu but was also able to make wonderful suggestions that made our meals a delight. The moules frite was our favorite treat. Also enjoyed the lobster duck and steak. Looking forward to our next visit.Special Features:
- Good food in a great seatsvthompsonDined on 7/18/2014one of the better waterfront dining spots in Boston. The food is good, but you aren't there for the food. Great for a business breakfast or lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always enjoyablenoankpearlVIPDined on 7/14/2014A colleague and I went for lunch on a hazy, hot day and sat outside. There were not many full tables, despite it being noon on a workday, and so it was a peaceful setting along the canal and beautiful plantings. Food was delicious, although the "format" of the Nicoise salad keeps changing, which threw me off at first; what I received wasn't what I expected! But it was delicious, nonetheless, as always. I'm not sure why this restaurant doesn't get more traffic, particularly with its lovely outdoor setting.Special Features:
- Great food service not so muchSqbean80VIPDined on 7/6/2014Had a special occasion brunch here. Can't bear the view and outdoor space for dining. Lobster roll, tuna Niçoise salad (which comes with anchovies I don't think the menu indicates that) and eggs Benedict were all satisfying. Very slow service despite an empty dining area. The waiter did not come back over to check on food at all. I think they mean well, but disappointing to have service take so long and not check on meal. Menu was satisfying but could be balanced by adding some additional unique options (lobster omelette or sweet potato hash)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BOSTONMyTummyisFullVIPDined on 6/28/2014Great Ambience, beautiful view should you enjoy dining outside....Service could have been more professional....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.