510 Atlantic Ave.
Boston, MA 02210Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.intercontinentalboston.com/
- Phone: 6172175151x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday – Friday:
Breakfast: 6:30am - 11:00am
Lunch: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
Breakfast: 6:30am -11:00am
Brunch: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Lunch: 3:00pm - 4:00pm
Dinner: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
Breakfast: 6:30am -11:00am
Brunch: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Lunch: 3:00pm - 4:00pm
Dinner: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Provencal, French
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Private Dining is offered in our Olive Oil Cellar, this unique space seats 18 guests with a chandelier composed of 376 olive oil glass bottles, suspended above a 9-foot round table carved from a 1,000 year-old olive tree.
- Private Party Facilities: Miel features a private, glass enclosed dining room that accommodates up to 14 guests. With a table made from a 1000 year-old olive oil tree and an extensive collection of olive oils.
- Private Party Contact: Allison Neves 617-217-5041x
A word from Miel
Miel “Brasserie Provençale” is a AAA Four Diamond-rated restaurant, and is Boston's first Provence themed Brasserie. Miel celebrates the organic wonders of this region of France and highlights products such as aromatic herbs (de Provence), lavender, honey and olive oil. Miel boasts outdoor dining overlooking the glistening Fort Point Channel and InterContinental Gardens.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Miel reviews from OpenTable diners
90 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (60)scenic view (55)special occasion (23)romantic (21)great for lunch (18)great for brunch (12)good for groups (12)fit for foodies (12)notable wine list (8)vibrant bar scene (8)neighborhood gem (5)hot spot (3)kid-friendly (2)late-night find (2)Show More
- Excellent service and food!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/27/2014Was there for restaurant week. Sat out on the patio. Was a lovely summer night with nice view of the water and city lights! Loved the scallops and steak which was done perfectly. Would definitely go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not readyOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/27/2014I arrived with my party of 7 a few minutes after my set reservation and the hostess never even acknowledge us and then it took them another 10 minutes to set up a table (the reataurant was not busy). My entire party watched the hostess and bus boy set up the table at a snails pace. It was very frustrating.
- Nice outdoor lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014An enjoyable lunch out and the setting made the price tag palatable. Service was pretty poor - food was slow to come out and the waiter was no where to be found after the food came out and one meal had been improperly prepared and a salad was completely missing its dressing. I expected more for the price (better service and food)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what I hoped forinmyhumbleopinionDined on 8/23/2014First the good- our waiter Paul was awesome, helpful with wine pairing and accommodating when I didn't like my salad (swapped it out no problem!) but sadly he couldn't make up for the failings of the menu and food which were very disappointing, especially for the price, not worth it I am sad to saySpecial Features:
- comfortable fine diningOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/22/2014Excellent service friendly professional staff delicious superbly prepared meal. Beautiful room simple elegance and able to have leisurely meal while enjoying view of water and harbor walkway. Convenient location with reasonably priced valet parkingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AverageElibeth0Dined on 8/21/2014Though the food and service was great, it wasn't an oh my God experience like some of the restaurants we've been to for Restaurant Week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice views, ritzy settingJOHN02155VIPDined on 8/17/2014Food was good, service very satisfactory. The vibe is very international, i.e. except for the view you could be anywhere. No local character, but if you're not looking for that, it's fine.Special Features:
- Wow!JemmyVIPDined on 8/10/2014Not really sure what to expect but this is one of the best we have had. The portions were not huge but were reasonable. The Flavors However were spectacular and the smaller portions allowed you to really relish the delicious creations from a master chef! The best duck breast ever and my husband said his scallops were the best tasting he has ever had. You leave remembering nothing but the exquisite flavors you have experienced! Will definitely go back for more. Not cheap but worth every penny!Special Features:
- IrongoatVIPDined on 8/9/2014outstanding service with experienced and knowledgeable wait staff team, great outdoor dining experience and terrific selections from appetizers to entres available.I will be going back here alot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was OK, scenery beautifulWendyEVIPDined on 8/8/2014Very overpriced, mediocre food. But you can't beat getting a table for 6 outside with a live band playing nearby, the water flowing by, and the generally beautiful ambiance.Special Features:
- Great for outdoor diningDine2liveDined on 8/3/2014We've celebrated a birthday there last week and the weather was nice, so we could have a table outside. It was great Sunday afternoon with some live jazz music and delicious food! The restaurant gave a surprise cake, so it was a nice touch. They didn't rush to take away the finished plates, but the food was good. Don't expect to have huge plates though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014The food was good but not great; it was better when we've gone in the past.Special Features:
- Enjoyable Outdoor Dining !yes2foodDined on 7/25/2014Experienced a birthday dinner at Le Miel on the patio. It was very enjoyable. The staff went out of their way to make it special. It made for a memorable evening.Special Features:
- A little disappointingburghDined on 7/23/2014The highlights include the atmosphere/view, the clam chowder, fries, chocolate cake, drinks and wine. The service was a bit slow. A couple us ordered scallops and they were room temp. They were served over potatoes that were supposed to be crispy but most were soggy. We mentioned to the waitress that the scallops were not hot. She handled the situation very well by bringing fresh orders of scallops that were warm but unfortunately the potatoes were still not right. In addition she did not charge us for the entrees which we certainly did not expect. My previous dining experiences there were better overall especially lunch.Special Features:
- WonderfuiFoodfanDined on 7/18/2014We dined here twice over the course of a weekend stay at the intercontinental. The food was exceptional and the service was superb. Waiter Stephen was not only familiar with the menu but was also able to make wonderful suggestions that made our meals a delight. The moules frite was our favorite treat. Also enjoyed the lobster duck and steak. Looking forward to our next visit.Special Features:
- Good food in a great seatsvthompsonDined on 7/18/2014one of the better waterfront dining spots in Boston. The food is good, but you aren't there for the food. Great for a business breakfast or lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always enjoyablenoankpearlDined on 7/14/2014A colleague and I went for lunch on a hazy, hot day and sat outside. There were not many full tables, despite it being noon on a workday, and so it was a peaceful setting along the canal and beautiful plantings. Food was delicious, although the "format" of the Nicoise salad keeps changing, which threw me off at first; what I received wasn't what I expected! But it was delicious, nonetheless, as always. I'm not sure why this restaurant doesn't get more traffic, particularly with its lovely outdoor setting.Special Features:
- Great food service not so muchSqbean80Dined on 7/6/2014Had a special occasion brunch here. Can't bear the view and outdoor space for dining. Lobster roll, tuna Niçoise salad (which comes with anchovies I don't think the menu indicates that) and eggs Benedict were all satisfying. Very slow service despite an empty dining area. The waiter did not come back over to check on food at all. I think they mean well, but disappointing to have service take so long and not check on meal. Menu was satisfying but could be balanced by adding some additional unique options (lobster omelette or sweet potato hash)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BOSTONMyTummyisFullVIPDined on 6/28/2014Great Ambience, beautiful view should you enjoy dining outside....Service could have been more professional....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/28/2014all around not good for their price point. Crab appetizer smelled really fishy, we didn't dare to eat it! Pasta undercooked! We seemed like an afterthought to the server.
- Excellent nightOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/21/2014We went for our anniversary and it was excellent. Great food, service, and surroundings. Gave us little extras like cake and champagne after dinner. Great place !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to enjoy food and viewsMitziDined on 6/21/2014We were a group of 6 and we sat outside. The olive spread and bread was incredible. We ordered crab salads to be shared in pairs, and they were great dividing the amount and serving our own portions. We ordered scallops, and they were great as well as the fish dish. The portions are not big but it's a French restaurant and that is to be expected. You go for quality not quantity. Overall great experience, and worth going again on a warm summer eve.Special Features:
- PoorGasmanVIPDined on 6/20/2014Repeatedly poor service and quality of food. We thought they didn't care about costumers coming back. It must've been tailored to out of townies! For the second time we feel the waiters are rude and not friendly for no reasons.Special Features:
- missed opportunityNYfoodieDined on 6/20/2014The outdoor dining setting is lovely but the food is horrible, even factoring in that it's hotel food which is commonly common. The management should devote more attention to the food and less to the drink and they could have a "destination location" on Boston's waterfront.
- Wonderful place for summer lunchkat44Dined on 6/17/2014Several people chose Miel for a summer lunch. One person came from out of state. We like the menu, food quality and service. We are not rushed by the waiter. We have chosen Miel several times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful SettingOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/14/2014We had a family gathering for Father's Day on a Saturday night and found plenty of room at both the outside bar and the restaurant deck. It was a gorgeous night and the setting was wonderful as you are right on the harbor. With eight of us for dinner, everyone enjoyed their meal and the service was terrific.Special Features:
- Good but wornDrTomVIPDined on 6/10/2014Lunch was successful. Good advice for food choices from rather unsophisticated staff. Place quite seedy looking; worn upholstery, tired decor.
- Good for al fresco dining...OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/6/2014Dined here on Friday evening with friends visiting from Florida. We asked the hostess for a table on the outdoor terrace, which is recommended over eating in the dining room. Note however, that the terrace is within view of the hotel's outdoor bar, and therefore depending on the crowd you might have some noise. On the evening we were there, the bar area was packed and there was a DJ. Additionally, on the opposite end of the Miel terrace, a surprise engagement party was occurring. Despite this we still had an enjoyable evening without having to "yell" to our dining companions. All meals served were very good, but on the small side. The best meal at the table was the quinoa and roasted asparagus. Service was attentive without being invasive.Special Features:
- frenchseasideDined on 6/5/2014The menu has French titles for entrees. Being rusty with the French language, we asked our waiter to describe the menu and point out entrees from Provence. Moule Mussels was simply perfect. Be sure to look at the specialty drinks. A martini w/ lychee was lovely. I tried a dessert -a citrus souffle. Definitely a highlight. The decor and setting are lovely. Our waiter was great. It was bit noisy w/ a large party nearby.Special Features:
- In Need of a Complete Make-OverMarkVIPDined on 5/31/2014Miel is in need of a complete make-over, both of its physical space and it's menu. The restaurant looks tired. Hardwood floors are in need of refinishing; bench seat cushions are matted down, stained in places, and a we're a little smelly where we were sitting. The chair I sat on was a little rickety, definitely in need of some tightening. While the menu looks good, what is actually delivered on the plate is disappointing. My spouses's ravioli were very undercooked. When we left, the primary entry/exit point of the restaurant had been blocked off with large plants so as to steer folks to the hotel's bar. Miel, in its current condition, is clearly not suitable for a hotel of the world-class caliber of the Inter-Continental chain.
- Pretty RestaurantFigburreraDined on 5/18/2014The deco is airy and light, a nice change from the trendy darker interiors. The food was pretty good. Nice view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not recommendedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/11/2014Not recommended for a meal. The service was not good. Food was good but not enough food for a brunch.Special Features:
- Reviewg123Dined on 5/11/2014Food was great, great scenic view, servers were very good, however kitchen was extremely slowSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ShockedQuietDeeDined on 5/11/2014I took my wife and daughter out for Mother's Day brunch and had quite possibly one of the worst meals ever (for the $200 I had to shell out for outdoor view). Upside: great view of the Ft. point Channel - could not have found better seats in town! Staff were pleasant, but completely not communicating with each other. The meal took 3 hours, but the waits in between seemed like weeks (esp when waiting for them to return with the right appetizers!). The food was pretty average - my croque Monsieur looked like it was sitting under a heat lamp for the three hrs I was waiting for it. Too bad - I had a good business lunch there a few months ago. Definitely not a brunch destination.Special Features:
- La MielPJM5VIPDined on 5/11/2014The food was very good - when it finally arrived. But the service was bad. Drinks didn't arrive, we kept receiving food we didn't order, our water glasses weren't filled and plates were not removed. In total, we were there for about 3 hours!!Special Features:
- Luxury dining experienceClaudia02459VIPDined on 5/10/2014Wonderful experience celebrating my husband's birthday. Excellent service, with exquisite upgrades, compliments of the house. Wonderful seating outdoor area, quiet, views of the water, elegant and very comfortable. Excellent food and wine! Will have it top on my list for special occasions, romantic dinners or to honor guests from out of town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/3/2014They were a bit slow for a Saturday, which was fine for us, but the food and service was great. When it gets a bit warmer, I hope to come back and try out the outdoor seating.Special Features:
- The following 720 reviews are from the Miel reviews archive.
- Great Experience!MikeyDined on 4/26/2014We really enjoyed our dinner at Miel last weekend. The food was first rate, the service excellent, the view was great (looking at the water). Overall we loved our dinner and plan on returning. The restaurant was on the pricier side, but not as expensive as others we have dined in Boston. We got an appetizer, two entrees, two glasses of wine and it was $100 with tip. I can live with the price though because the quality of the experience ensured we got more than our money's worth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Paul made our meal!KristaPopVIPDined on 4/19/2014On the Saturday before Easter, my parents, my boyfriend and I went to dinner at Miel, and Paul was our server. He was knowledgeable, fun, and made our meal one to remember!! The food was amazing, my parents are still talking about!! Thank you Paul, and thank you Miel for making our Easter dinner a special one!Special Features:
- A wonderful birthday dinnerbostonienneDined on 4/15/2014I'd been wanting to try Miel ever since it opened, so I finally went for my 30th birthday dinner. I was not disappointed. The service was impeccable, attentive and gracious, and the food and wine were top of the line. We were more than taken care of, and our server was knowledgeable and just absolutely wonderful. The olive oil tasting was interesting and delicious, and ALL of the food was phenomenal (and we ordered a pretty wide sampling from the limited but tantalizing menu.) Every single thing was delicious, and ALL of the various steaks were perfectly cooked! The wine list was comprehensive and reasonably priced. Miel is hands-down the best French dining experience I have had in Boston. Go. Because I know I'll be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.