Mie N Yu
3125 M Street NW
Washington, DC 20007Neighborhood:
InternationalPrice: $31 to $50
Mie N Yu
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mienyu.com/
- Phone: 2023336122
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am; Happy Hour in the Bar and Lounge: Monday - Friday: 4:00pm - 7:00pm; Late Night Lounge till 2:30am Friday - Saturday
Entertainment DJs spinning house and international grooves Friday, Saturday and Sunday after 9:30 pm.
A belly dancer makes her way through the dining rooms from 8:45 to 9:30 every Friday and Saturday night.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Asian, International
- Executive Chef: RL Boyd
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Dancing, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Have Mie N Yu cater the next event in your home or office. We offer box lunches, party platters, display stations and full service sit down dinners. Let us bring the bar too—we have an off-site liquor license so we can bring your favorite Mie N Yu cocktails and our bar chefs to create a memorable event!
- Private Party Facilities: Mie N Yu Restaurant is perfect for large scale or more intimate events. Our award-winning decor follows Marco Polo's journey through the Silk Road, every room representing a different country. Menus feature American-Fusion cuisine with accents from Asia, North Africa, and the Mediterranean.
- Private Party Contact: Ashley Williams / Raquel Mercado 2022220948
- Entertainment: DJs spinning house and international grooves Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights after 9:30 pm.
A belly dancer makes her way through the dining rooms from 8:45 to 9:30 every Friday and Saturday night.
- Special Events: Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Public Transit: Foggy Bottom Metro station about 6 blocks from the restaurant. We are on the DC Circulator Georgetown—Union Station and Rossyln—Dupont Circle routes.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Street Parking at the Colonial Lot at 31st and M and at the corner of Wisonsin Ave and M Street at the "Shops at Georgetown Park Mall" (underground 24 hour parking)
A word from Mie N Yu
Mie N Yu offers a unique menu and exotic ambiance, complemented by a commitment to graciously impeccable service. Dining areas reflect its international flavor: a colorful Moroccan Bazaar; an exotic Tibetan Lounge; the richly appointed Red Baroque dining room; a Turkish Tent; and a classic English bar dramatically influenced by Hong Kong's international cutting-edge allure. The menu, which evolves constantly to showcase seasonal bounty, offers regional American cuisine with accents from the regions along the Ancient Silk Road. The chef's table—The Birdcage—nestled within a wrought iron sculptured birdcage, offers patrons its own unique menu. Our wine list has won The Wine Spectator Award of Excellence since 2006. Our specialty beverage menu features Mie N Yu classic cocktails that have become favorites over the years plus seasonal hand-crafted drinks. Enjoy your favorite libation in the Hong Kong bar and lounge or the Venetian Room.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Mie N Yu reviews from OpenTable diners
- Lovely food, low service.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/12/2012I went there for my birthday and the staff was friendly and sat my party right away. Unfortunately our server was horrendous. We waited 20 minutes for simply water and waited for straws too. The table next to us had the same server and seemed equally frustrated. I understand how hectic serving can be I've worked in a restaurant before so I wasn't upset, but my guests were getting very impatient. They also wouldn't let us split a check 4 ways which was a hassle. the location itself is gorgeous and the belly dancers are awesome and the food is spectacular but the service is poor. I don't mind, popular places will always have bad service, it would be worse if the service was that bad at a stagnant venue, so great intentions, weak execution.Special Features:
- Unique atmosphere, excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/12/2012Unique atmosphere, excellent food. Very slow service.
- Dont Waste your Time and Money!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/6/2012This place is TERRIBLE. It is extremely overpriced and the food is terrible. The ambiance is really cheesy, and falling apart. We will not be back!
- Perfect spot for celebratingJKNYEDINNERDined on 10/6/2012Perfect spot for celebrating our wedding anniversary. Food was presented expeditiously; the seating arrangement is comfortable; the ambiance is gorgeous and the staff -- excellent.Special Features:
- Took a date here for her birthday.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/30/2012Took a date here for her birthday. We had a great time. They actually read my special requests section on my opentable reservation and sent out a birthday cake after our meal. Good attention to detail. I would recommend Mie N Yu to a friend.Special Features:
- Great ambiance, deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/29/2012Great ambiance, delicious food, ample portions - a real gem. Will definitely be back.Special Features:
- eclectic ambiance with manyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/27/2012eclectic ambiance with many little nooks for private dining.Special Features:
- When we first walked in, weOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/22/2012When we first walked in, we both thought it was very hot inside the restaurant. When we asked, we were told that it was a very old building and that sometimes they had to close the section we were in because of the heat. We were the only ones in that section. When we were about to leave, I noticed one of the staff adjusting the thermostat. That should have been done when patrons arrived, not when we were leaving. The food was good but because the temperature made the dining experience uncomfortable, we probably will not return to the restaurant.
- Great ambiance, americanized foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/15/2012I really had high hopes for this restaurant when reviewing the menu online. However, at the restaurant, the selection seemed much smaller. I had the Market fried rice, expecting seasonal fresh veggies, as advertised, instead, I received what appeared to be a bag of frozen vegetables mixed in with some fried rice. The seafood/fish selection was much bigger. I think the food was way too americanized. The drinks were not great either, and the wine was ridiculously overpriced. The only food item I enjoyed was the flatbread. It was delicious.My husband had the crab cake and said it was very taste, but too small. What I did like was the ambiance. The set up was gorgeous and there was even a belly dancer. Fantastic!!Special Features:
- Highly overrated. Good ambianceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/14/2012Highly overrated. Good ambiance but food is really mediocre
- This is a fantastic, friendly,OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/8/2012This is a fantastic, friendly, fun restaurant with lots of hidden treasures in the ambience!Special Features:
- Fantastic and FunTheBigSwedeDined on 9/7/2012The food was adventurous and tasty without the sky high price. And in the bar? Belly dancing.Special Features:
- Cute atmosphere, wonderful foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/2/2012Found this restaurant by doing a search on open table to see where we could eat at a particular time. Man am I happy I found this one. The food was great, really interesting but yummy combinations. I had BBQ scallops on noodles for starter and they were delicious. My husband's fried rice was sensational, there were pieces of perfectly cooked Korean beef throughout and it was one of the best things I have eaten.. Similarly I had fish and grits and it was lovely. Decore was delightful like a middle eastern bazarre. Very querky but the food wonderful and I had only one cocktail Moroccan delight which was superb. Would recommend this gem but don't go there too often, I would like to be able to get a seat here next time I am in DCSpecial Features:
- Very fun place for brunch!PlinVIPDined on 9/2/2012Very fun place for brunch! Food was awesome. The only negative was that service was slow even though the restaurant was not very busy.Special Features:
- Our AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/28/2012This is a great place for two. This place isn't designed for the entire family. From the drinks all the way to the service it was great and I plan to go back again!Special Features:
- This place was probably hipOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/26/2012This place was probably hip when it opened but now it's just kinda "eh". I would pass. Plus one waiter during a Sunday brunch (no bus boys etc) is not enough to manage a crowd. Plus if you make a reservation (on Opentable) and have to wait more than 30 minutes to be seated, there is a problem.
- Disappointing ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/26/2012We were so excited to return to this unique, multicultural restaurant, where the far east meets the middle east. Three of us ordered breakfast and another person ordered the hamburger. Although the food and ambiance were unique the service was common. Despite our reservation, we had to wait another 20 minutes to be seated and then it took 1.5 hours to be served. This was problematic as we had only allowed 2 hours hours for lunch. Our waitress who was polite & professional was apologetic and explained that between the large party upstairs, and it being the last day of a coupon, the kitchen was busy. Although this happens, the next time l travel to DC, I will give another restaurant a chance to transport me into their unique world.Special Features:
- The coconut french toast andOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/26/2012The coconut french toast and scrambled eggs with falafel will keep me coming back.Special Features:
- Excellent ambiance and food.anooru1Dined on 8/26/2012Excellent ambiance and food. Fixed price brunch was great.Special Features:
- The restaurant was empty onOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/25/2012The restaurant was empty on Saturday night at 6:30. Wonder why? Just ho-hum. Nothing special like I was expecting.
- Early Sunday night dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/19/2012Early Sunday night dinner was OK, but the food wasn't exceptional by any means. Our party had salad and hummus as appetizers, then salmon (with a teriyaki-like sauce) as the main dish, and desert.
- I would find another place...OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/19/2012Had been wanting to try this place for a long time and took a friend for her b-day, which I told server (who was nice but distracted). Took forever to get drinks and food and it wasn't busy. Eggs weren't cooked as I had ordered them and it took too long to fix this - my friend was 1/2-done with her meal before I started to eat. What's worse was I was served the now-cold items from first plate with the new eggs, which I told the server. Had to ask for sweetener for tea, which never came (got it myself). Then, without asking if we wanted coffee/dessert, server brought the check as I suppose she wanted to finish her shift. We did end up ordering a dessert with ice cream and server brought us forks to eat it (we had to ask for spoons).
- Yum!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/19/2012Went here for restaurant week brunch menu with a friend. We had the fried rice, lemon yogurt, and chef's fruit cobbler. Everything was so tasty. I loved the lemon yogurt. It had the perfect amount of tartness. The fried rice inspired me to try my own version. Tasty and fairly healthy. Being a sweet tooth, the cobbler was my favorite. Yum! I can't say enough about it. My friend thought it was a little too sweet for her taste. So if you aren't into sweets, this probably is not the dessert for you. Overall great experience at a reasonable price. I look forward to going back soon!Special Features:
- Service slow, not made toOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/19/2012Service slow, not made to feel welcome initially, but brunch entrees were delicious, served in good size portions. Interesting decor.Special Features:
- I was generally disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/19/2012I was generally disappointed in the quality of food. The salad was overdressed and very salty, while the entree (falafel eggs) was terribly underseasoned. The waitress was nowhere to be found either, did not check back to see if everything was alright, so that I could ask for salt and pepper. Finally, the cobbler was more like a mushy dumpling and too sweet.
- We tried the restaurant weekannaVIPDined on 8/18/2012We tried the restaurant week prix fixed menu... and it was total value for money. The service was excellent, food delicious. White tiger was the best cocktail I had in a long time. The belly dancer is beautiful!Special Features:
- We went for a Girls NightOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/18/2012We went for a Girls Night out. The ambiance was very nice. The Belly Dancer was great fun and she was very sweet. For the price, I expected better food. If you are looking for great food, this is NOT your place. Even though this was Restaurant Week, we decided to order from the regular menu for more variety. After spending $80 per person, I was disappointed.
- The decor wss fun, and theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/18/2012The decor wss fun, and the service was very good, but the food lacked gastronomical qualities worth rating. I would go back for a drink.
- TransportedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/18/2012Ambience is right up there with food for me and this place is wonderful! I want to go back and dine in a different room next time. I loved having great choices of ethnic flavors & cocktails; Asian-Middle Eastern-all the Silk Road spots. Even though it was a busy Saturday night, we could still talk at our table-some restaurants substitue loud music for buzz-not here; plenty of energy but not distracting.Special Features:
- It was alright. The food wasn'tBreakfastDined on 8/18/2012It was alright. The food wasn't as good as it normally is but it wasn't terrible.
- My wife and I enjoyed theOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/18/2012My wife and I enjoyed the lunch date we had at Mie N Yu. It is a restaurant we will definitely use to dine again. R. Thony ESpecial Features:
- Will definitely go backOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/18/2012Great decor, great food, only issue is the selection for restaurant week was very limited. However what we ordered were delicious. There were items on the regular menu we definitely would have loved to try as part of restaurant week offers. Would definitely go back again.Special Features:
- We tried this restaurant forOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/17/2012We tried this restaurant for restaurant week, and absolutely loved the food! It has a wonderful, unique ambiance. The only reason I didn't give it more stars was because it was so hot. I'm not sure if the ac was broken, but we were very uncomfortable. I will probably go back, but not in the summer.Special Features:
- All hypeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/17/2012The service was lacking. We waited an hour to order food and once the food arrived I was very disappointed in the quality. It seemed that both my duck and her chicken was reheated or horribly over cooked. there was literally no flavor in my dish. I don't recommend this place to anyone. All hype.
- Romantic but UnderwhelmingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/17/2012Went out for our anniversary, and were trying Mien Yu for the first time. We were intrigued by their vegetarian menu, as most restaurants don't offer one. Unfortunately, I would say that the food and even the mixed drinks didn't add up to what we'd hoped, though we did enjoy ourselves. We liked their unique wasabi caesar salad and the quinoa "risotto," but were underwhelmed by the vegetable tempera and kimchi fingerlings. With that said, we were thrilled that Mien Yu has reached out to the vegetarian, and even vegan, crowd.Special Features:
- I recently dined at Mie NOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/17/2012I recently dined at Mie N Yu during restaurant week. It's one of my favorite restaurants in the area. Food and ambiance were great as usual. It was a Friday night so I expected the place to be packed and wait staff busy. Our server was very helpful in the beginning but after our entree was served she disappeared. We finally found a sever and ordered dessert. It took 45 minutes (possibly longer as we finally asked someone to change them to carry out)to get our dessert. This was disappointing. Also, we had been sharing a long table with another party and no one bothered to clear their space after they left. Not appealing to look at. All in all I'll be back.Special Features:
- Would have been a lovely eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/17/2012Would have been a lovely evening except the air conditioning was inadequate.Special Features:
- Not what it used to be. DishesOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/15/2012Not what it used to be. Dishes lacked previous creativity. All themes on fried rice. Service was slow dispite few patrons. Highly disappointed. Won't return again.
- The food was good, but probablyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/13/2012The food was good, but probably not worth the price. I was happy to go during restaurant week, but probably won't go back.Special Features:
- Loved this restaurant. InMaryDined on 8/11/2012Loved this restaurant. In the middle of Georgetown, who knew?Special Features: