Midwest Grill - Cambridge
1124 Cambridge St
Cambridge, MA 02139Neighborhood:
Brazilian SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
Midwest Grill - Cambridge
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.midwestgrillrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 6173547536
- Hours of Operation:
10:30am - 11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Brazilian Steakhouse, Barbecue, Brazilian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Brazilian Jazz every Friday and Saturdays
A word from Midwest Grill - Cambridge
The Midwest Grill is a Brazilian BBQ, Churrascaria Rodizio restaurant. We have been serving tender, mouth–watering meat, along with delicious seafood and vegetarian dishes since 1993. Our original location is in Cambridge (near Innman Square) and our second location is on Rte 1 North in Saugus. Both locations feature the Churrascaria Rodizio, which consists of perfectly grilled and seasoned meat circulated by our staff and carved at your table.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Midwest Grill - Cambridge reviews from OpenTable diners
10 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.1Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (5)romantic (2)kid-friendly (1)great for lunch (1)special occasion (1)Show More
- Good bar deals but rodizio declinedBenVVDined on 8/1/2014Overall a good place and value. Having eaten here at least 10 years and seen the restaurant and buffet selection both grow, I was disappointed on my last visit. Maybe the selection varies by night but there were fewer meats than before and the beef ribs were very tough. The cold salad bar was OK but no longer included hearts of palm. The hot buffet, which used to include chicken wings and other appetizer-type dishes was now mostly starches like rice, potato and fried banana, with beans, a mixed vegetable dish and chicken nuggets. I noticed (but didn't sample) an attractive bar menu which included lobster for $8.99 and 10 cent wings among other offerings. The live music Friday night was great, with both male and female singers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/31/2014Very little quality food, could not even make a martini
- Great FoodGoodfoodDined on 7/25/2014The meat selection was amazing. There was so much that I did not realize until after I left that I did not try the pork as our plate was full when that came around. My son commented that the lamb was so tender you almost did not need to chew it. The whole family really enjoyed the live music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT PLACEOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/19/2014Perfect place, great food, great service, will def come back to. GREAT!!! A+++Special Features:
- horrible servicepmpr228Dined on 6/14/2014Got my drinks an hour and a half after I got there. The buffet was almost empty and food was not fresh . This was 3 hrs before closing and an almost empty restaurant. The meats they bring to the table are delicious. Parking sucks so prepare to pay $10 for their valet service . Not worth to pay $25 per person for that. Never again!
- Missed the markAT123Dined on 5/30/2014The quantity and variety of food you get for the price is good.The quality is mixed.The servers that bring the meats to the table are fantastic,however the waitstaff are very sub-par.The waitstaff didn't ask if we wanted refills on beers/cocktails, we only had our water refilled after the table behind us asked for it too, and we were seated next to a closet that we repeatedly had to get up for for staff to access.At the end of the night, our table of 4 received a check for 6 diners.We told the waitress it was wrong, and she stated it was just the way the computer works, but the price was right. She brought another check, for 5 diners.Again, we had to correct them, including shadowing the computer screen. They couldn't count 4 diners. WTF.
- wanted it to be gooddedineDined on 5/28/2014but meat was dry and some was hard to eat. don't think I would go back. waitress was great. Found it much more expensive than I thought it would be with a groupon.
- The following 40 reviews are from the Midwest Grill - Cambridge reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/25/2014Fun spot for a large group. Service was a bit slower than usual but our server was covering two rooms. A fun time.Special Features:
- The BrazilThe1gooseDined on 5/23/2014Meat and chicken were over cooked place looked dirty and worn out the Buffett looked non appealing dirty plates the icecream scoops were in really dirty water food wasn't that bad maybe if everything wasn't over cooked might have been betterSpecial Features:
- Don't waste your time.YorkiesDined on 5/23/2014We few into Boston on a Friday and bought the groupon for this restaurant. Unable to go that evening we planned on going the following Friday before our our flight home. We had a small breakfast, made our dinner reservation counted the minutes until dinner. Afraid we might hit traffic and miss our flight we came in early. The girl that seated us was very nice. The young man that came around was very nice. But the food was not worth the price, and the 18% tips that was automatically add for a party of two, to me was just wrong. The chicken, mashed potatoes & green beans on the plane was not only better tasting, more filling and at $6 a better price & I got a free of Coke Zero and coffee. For great Brazilian grill go to PAMPAS in Vegas
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/18/2014Started badly - seated in a corner and had to get up so that wait staff could get ina storage closet. After several requests we were moved to t table int he main room. Seemed very short of wait staff - never got rolls and some meats were only offered once, but one woman who worked there - the one who found us a different table, kept coming by to check on us and was very appologetic about the initial seating. She make up for the other things that were lacking.Special Features:
- Ok placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/17/2014The food was pretty good, but the service was terrible. Also did not make sense to buy the Groupon for it because in the end we spent about the same.Special Features:
- Lots of yummy meatyummyDined on 5/16/2014Food is really good, good drinks, eat as much as you wsnt. There was live music when we were there on Friday night, makes for a great night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I`ll never come backFerMansurDined on 5/11/2014My experience was not good. The waiter didn`t take meat to our table. The meat was not good. After sometime the live music started and it was really depressive.
- Groupon GemOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/31/2014Glad we tried it and was good price. Food was descent, the chicken wrapped in bacon!! YummoSpecial Features:
- great place to hang out withblablaVIPDined on 3/29/2014great place to hang out with friends, family, kids! great food, drinks and atmosphere. we were so full! the food was great!Special Features:
- Very Poor All AroundSamanthaDined on 3/7/2014Had big hopes for this place, despite the poor yelp reviews, should have listened to the reviews! Although the server was a nice girl, she was gone 99% of the time, we needed refills, plates cleared, etc - she was never around. We literally started stacking our dirty plates on the floor to make room at our table. The salad bar was very disappointing. The vegetables could have been a lot fresher. salad dressings in the bottles - not many options. The hot side of the buffet looked in edible. Online it shows a huge, delicious variety - not the case in person. The meats came around and were all dry and overcooked. My guests and I are not picky/fancy people -- it was very poor and disappointing , especially at 25 bucks a person!
- GreeeeeatchoffDined on 2/14/2014this was my first time visiting your restaurant - everything was excellent. Food - Service and the final touch was the music. Everything was Greeeeeat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food quality has gone down to PoorghornikDined on 1/13/2014This Brazilian BBQ used to provide a steady stream of juicy, delicious meats of all kinds. This time around the selection of meats was very limited (they served us beef 3 or 4 times to only once for a few others) and they were mostly all dried out, overcooked, and fairly tasteless.
- DisappointedBarbVIPDined on 12/18/2013The buffet (chicken wings, meatballs, salads) was passable, followed by a barely edible meat service. The server was very pleasant, but the meats were dry, too fatty or poor quality. We won't be back.
- Biggest disappointment!MichaelDined on 11/1/2013We were looking forward to bringing some Irish cousins to this restaurant, and they were curious about the never ending stream of great food being brought to you right at the table. Well, that is certainly not what happened! The choices were poor - meats too burned and dry or too pink, no salt whatsover, very few choices, we got offered one type of beef, and had to ask to have more, the sausages and kielbasa kept coming back - those are not even Brazilian fair - and on top of that, we had to wait almost 10 minutes between each visit to our table. We will not be going back, and we were very embarassed to have brought our cousins there.
- I was not satisfiedNotsatisfiedDined on 10/25/2013I did not like this restaurant. The salad bar was not very good and the quality of the meat was very poor. Also I felt like there was very long gaps between when they brought out the meat and several times I sat there with an empty plate. Also they only brought out steak twice during my time. I will never go back to this Restarant.
- Bountiful BBQ and hot food buffetCathywizDined on 9/27/2013Good for hungry folks.. No menu. 3 seafood dishes or the BBQ. Both include good hot food and cold food buffet. Good for groups, long tables.. BBQ and rolls rotate and come to table frequently. Fair price. Enjoyed it. Birthday dinner. Good desserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food shockerDon2carneDined on 9/14/2013When I heard about this restaurant I was a little worry since I been to so many buffet, well the food , service and ambient was Every thing you need. Very amazeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch buffet is great!mickaelDined on 7/27/2013Went there for the lunch buffet, and the choice was very large! And not only meat, they have seafood too!Special Features:
- Good Food but slow serviceCocoSmoothjDined on 7/24/2013I don't need to go back to the Midwest Grill. While the food and drinks are good, one server at dinner time is not sufficient. Consider adding addional servers.
- meats brought on skewers were dryOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/20/2013Disappointed ..dried out over cooked meats(except the lamb).Not for a foodie palate.Staff was outstanding.Of concern we were there prime time on a Saturday night and much greater than 50% tables were empty!
- Nice mealrjl8125Dined on 5/11/2013The food was good, although the buffet did not have as many choices as I would have expected. But very tasty, Lots of different types of meats brought to our table, all very good. We enjoyed our meal.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Tastey...KimRDined on 5/6/2013I like that they had a good variety of sides and veggies, along with the meat. The waiters did take too long to come over with different meats. It seemed like there was only one server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Midwest Grill is Different DiningSteveVIPDined on 5/4/2013The Midwest Grill concept is a flat rate for cold and hot buffets plus your selection from three seafood or unlimited, varied meats, carved at your table. The outside is inviting. The inside is a bit shabby. The service is good, especially that of the guys going around with the meat selections. They are very good about stopping at your table as long as your placard says you want to eat and not stopping by when you've decided to take a break. The offerings are hot and delicious. Prices are reasonable.I would recommend this to a friend.
- horrible worst steak everlovetoeatgoodgrubDined on 4/29/2013Certainly shouldn't hold the name bbq the Keats were very and hard I specifically asked for medium and received nasty meats even the chicken was hard and dry waste of my money and time to visit this place the manager did try to give us more samples of the Keats to convince that it was good but I was not convinced Certainly shouldn't hold the name bbq the meats were very dry and hard I specifically asked for medium and received nasty meats even the chicken was hard and dry waste of my money and time to visit this place the manager did try to give us more samples of the meats to convince that it was good but I was not convinced I suggest they don't reheat the meats and season them more also the salad bar needs to be more fresh
- Eh...OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 4/26/2013Our service was horrible. The food was okay. The music was enjoyable. The drinks weren't very good. After hearing so many rave reviews about Midwest Grill, I was greatly disappointed in my experience, especially after voicing my opinions about the service. The seating is cramped and the waitress is hard to find. If you're looking for a restaurant with a great ambience and room for groups to eat, I'd go elsewhere. If you're looking for great service, pass this restaurant by.
- Need more of a meat selectionfirstVIPDined on 4/20/2013Need more of a meat selection and more servers to bring them around. Service was very slow, waited 10 minutes for desert menu which only took 2 minutes to bring out and obviously wasn't fresh. Then took another 10 minutes to be given the bill.
- I thought the price was veryOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/6/2013I thought the price was very fair and the food was decent. The biggest problem was that almost every meat dish was extremely dry. The meats that were great include: lamb, medium rare beef, and chicken hearts.Special Features:
- Not a Great Night at the MidwestOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/31/2013Overall a bad night at the Midwest Grill. We were seated in a room all to ourselves, which seemed strange. No one was ever seated in this room with us during our stay. The waitstaff paid little to no attention to us. The grilled items were brought to us, but not as requested. Something was just wrong. We addressed the issue with the manager, as we waited and waited for items and the final check. He told us to pay what we thought was fair. We paid the full bill and my husband still left a 15% tip. I would have never done this. The manager should have compensated us with something off the bill, and not have asked us to decide. Not sure I would ever go back! Just not worth it they way were were treated, stuck in the Midwest Room!
- Ehh.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/23/2013We bought a groupon because we had heard great things about the restaurant. The food was okay, the buffet looked as though it had been sitting for awhile and the meats were all a little dry but that may be because we went to dinner on the later side of things. We were the only customers still eating on our side of the restaurant, so the food didn't come around quite as quickly as it would have if we were on the other side. The live music was great.Special Features:
- disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/22/2013While the service were friendly and accommodating....unfortunately the food in the hot table were very dry.
- Unlessl to wait an hour beforeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/16/2013Unlessl to wait an hour before anything but sausages , sausages or sausagestil your aviod it. No beef, lamb or pork until a good hour.
- The food was good and abundant,OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/16/2013The food was good and abundant, wished there had been a bit more variety in the meat/poultry selections. Staff was pleasant and attentive, which goes a long way from a customer standpoint.Special Features:
- Brazilian ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/2/2013A couple of friends had not experience the Brazilian BBQ and were eager to try it. Reservations were made with OpenTable - no problems. Valet service is worth the $10 since parking is difficult. The restaurant was slightly bigger than I recalled but the tables were still very close. The lights were very low and we were put in the back corner which didn't have much lighting. The menus are dark in color so it was difficult reading the menu. Luckily, we all came for the Rodizio and were directed to the buffet for hot/cold sides. There was a short wait for the waiters serving the skewers. Food - good - bit salty. Flan (dessert)- delicious. Cocktails average. Acoustic Guitar - nice. Overall cost for 4: $200 Overall time: 1 1/2 hrSpecial Features: