4421-115 Six Forks Road
Raleigh, NC 27609Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.themidtowngrille.com/
- Phone: 9197829463x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Brunch: Sunday 10:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
Bar 4pm - Midnight Weekdays and 4pm - 2:00am Weekends
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Scott James
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private party room seats up to 35 guests for dining. Please contact Susan Alibrandi for any special Requests.
- Private Party Contact: Susan Alibrandi 8772370644
- Special Events: Please contact us with any special event requests.
A word from Midtown Grille
Midtown is a sophisticated restaurant tucked away in The Lassiter at North Hills, at 4421-115 Six Forks Road in Raleigh. Chef Scott James’ menu, an elegant presentation of contemporary American food with international influences, utilizes the best local produce & N.C. seafood. The restaurant features a stylish dining area offering distinctive wine selections from around the globe.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Midtown Grille - Best Restaurants in Raleigh ›
Midtown Grille reviews from OpenTable diners
157 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (86)fit for foodies (81)neighborhood gem (69)romantic (66)great for outdoor dining (63)good for groups (32)notable wine list (30)great for brunch (25)great for lunch (25)hot spot (15)vibrant bar scene (11)late-night find (9)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (2)Show More
- Food was poorly preparedOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/31/2014My wife, daughter and I went to brunch at Midtown Grill. The food was poorly prepared and service was mediocre. Sausage, French fries and hash browns were all overcooked/burnt and very dry. Waitress lacked any energy or personality. We will not return
- It was my favorite restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014New chef? New menu? Gem lettuce salad:we were told it was the closest to the grilled romaine.Good, but not as good as what we wanted. The calamari used to be lightly breaded, fried with a VERY light sauce. Now, too heavy and too sweet. Next the scallops, 4 small ones (which were just good) on a puree of ?. They were supposed to be grits. The Scottish salmon undercooked, I ordered it med-rare but I don't want my fish cold in the center. Sauce was heavy and vegetable mixture(on the menu, lentils) actually edamame, ocra and black eyed peas was also coated in a heavy oil. Our waiter very nice, attentive. Asked about the new chef, and he encouraged us to try again in a month. Happy to pay $$$ for quality food, but that is not what we had.
- Always lovelyNathanielDined on 8/29/2014We have never had a bad experience at Midtown. The food is always amazing, and while the service and setting are very enjoyable.Special Features:
- Not even close to what it was!!!PebsminiDined on 8/29/2014We used to love going to Midtowne Grill but the change in Executive Chefs has not improved our dining experience. The food, while pretty, has been a disappointment. We have dined here twice since the change and, both times, walked away disappointed in the overall experience.
- good food, disconcerting changespickyeaterDined on 8/28/2014As always good food and wine list. Portions or even sides could be larger.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- won't go backKTomkoDined on 8/27/2014New chef, miniscule portions, higher prices, not worth what they chargeSpecial Features:
- great food. Service is slow.karenVIPDined on 8/26/2014The food is always incredible. However on the last few visits the service was very slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinerDiner51Dined on 8/26/2014Unfortunately, this dinner was not up to our expectations. The food was decent but way overpriced. I mean $26 for four scallops, really? Please bring back the mussels in white wine sauce. They were what we were going for but they are no longer on the menu. We will not be going back.
- littlejoeDined on 8/26/20141st time for lunch. Had the pork belly blt, which was GREAT, but would have been better with more pork belly :) Very clean, great service, great outdoor seating but did sit inside where it was quiet for a business meeting. Will definately be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One and doneMarMarDined on 8/25/2014The entrees are fairly expensive and the portions border on microscopic. The quality of the food was only above average. They seem to be more intent on filling the menu with obscure terms than providing a good dining experience.
- Not our best experience at MidtownNeighborVIPDined on 8/25/2014The Calamari was good. The Beef Short Rib was good. The Ravioli was excellent, but a very small serving, only 3 small pasta/cheese patties, and the cooked kale would not have amounted to half a leaf. No bread was served with the appetizers or entrees. Service was slow as only two waitresses and an assistant were working the entire restaurant inside and outside. Took 20 minutes to get our appetizer and another 30 minutes for the entrees. Waitress was not attentive, beverage refills were slow, empty glasses on the table. Noise level was very high, mainly due to the diners at three tables (these were tables of 2 and 4, not groups). The assistant that was delivering food items to tables was very professional and courteous.
- Very enjoyablewineandineVIPDined on 8/25/2014Food was good. Service was good. Very comfortable, relaxing, and enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- ExcellentEsternDined on 8/24/2014Brunch was delicious. 6 of us went all got different items and everyone cleaned their plate. I got the low country Benedict and it was wonderful. The bottomless Mimosas and Bloody Mary bar was great as well. Only complaint would be the mimosas continued to have less champagne each refill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful foodMargoDined on 8/23/2014The restaurant is small, and tables are close together to maximize their space. The food is excellent. The menu changes monthly. We dined on sweet potato soup, which was excellent, a wonderful fresh salad and perfect fried chicken. It was a good experience. Will go back.Special Features:
- Friday night buzz!BirthdayDined on 8/22/2014Good hit with the locals and great to see so much enthusiasm. Food was great.Special Features:
- Great service, solid foodTheNewJPDined on 8/22/2014We used a Groupon to go here and it was an enjoyable experience. Our server was fantastic and had a deep knowledge of the menu and did a great job of explaining how things were cooked and plated. The food came out really fast and tasted great. The cocktails were not the best but they had great wine and rye (served separate). It was a very enjoyable experience and we will definitely go backSpecial Features:
- MenuOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/22/2014The menu seems a little more limited but the food we ordered was outstanding. The new chef did a nice job.Special Features:
- Midtown GrilleNanciK2Dined on 8/22/2014Excellent food, always well prepared. Wait staff experienced, knowledgable and friendly. Always a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New menu but....oltexanDined on 8/21/2014We have eaten here many times. The new entree menu is pretty good but predictable... steak, duck, scallops, salmon, pork, fried chicken, etc. The problems were with the accompaniments. While I am all for fresh local ingredients (in this case a bean and field pea 'succotash'), the chef needs to take a lesson from Alice Waters. "Good ingredients simply prepared" doesn't mean blanching the beans to lukewarm and plating them, unless you happen to like your legumes somewhat less than al dente and with virtually no detectable seasoning. Her scallops were quite good and my 'sou vide' prepared duck was ok. So, all in all, not quite up to their past successes.
- Great menurabbitDined on 8/18/2014I needed a lasr minute reservation for 10 people, and this was the first highly rated place I found that could accommodate my group. I had not eaten at Midtown Grille before, so I was a little worried about letting my out-of-town guests down. It turned out the opposite was true. We all thought the food was excellent (the short ribs were especially good) and had a great time. We were seated in the fishbowl in the back of the restaurant with another large group, so it was very noisy, but I don't think that would be the case in the front section of the restaurant. I will definitely be returning to Midtown Grille.Special Features:
- EnjoyablewineandineVIPDined on 8/18/2014Interesting and unique flavors.Delicious little gem salad with buttermilk dressing. Tasty tuna entree. Corn "grits" are appetizing. Service was excellent.Special Features:
- Amazing BrunchgemladyDined on 8/17/2014Excellent food-just right serving sizes. We had their version of eggs Benedict and it was delicious. Bottomless mimosas and bloody mary's were just that-bottomless. Our server was very good and attentive. Best brunch we've had in Raleigh in a while. Its on our list to come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed in new menuOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/16/2014Midtown has been a go to spot for me and my husband for date night. We rarely get away child free so we were looking forward to going to a tried and true favorite that has always been delicious. I was excited to hear that Midtown had a whole new menu and was anxious to try out the dishes. We both started with the sweet potato and ham soup that was on special and it was really delicious. I wish I had ordered a few more helpings because that is pretty much where the meal ended for me. Both of us were hugely disappointed in our meals - they lacked flavor and my beef belly was almost inedible. We had to stop at a drive through on the way home. Hope the old menu comes back soon - otherwise we wont.Special Features:
- not so greatwineanddineDined on 8/15/2014This was our first visit to midtown and we will not return. The hostess was very rude, we were stuck in an awkward corner when plenty of other tables were open. Our waiter was very nice, but as soon as we mentioned having a groupon he wasn't as friendly. And the food was mediocre at best. We tend to get stereotyped because we are a young couple, although we always tip very well and are quite easy to please. I just won't be returning.
- Rocky Road for a New ChefOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/12/2014Midtown Grille has a new chef and I hope he improves quickly though we won't be around to see it. We won't be back. Drinks and food are extremely expensive, while quantity and quality of food is poor. Food was cold to lukewarm at best and our tuna looked past its prime. Too bad, this used to be a great place to eat.
- cgw68VIPDined on 8/8/2014Ate outside for 2nd straight time at dusk & it was great. Our server went out of her way to accommodate us & was extremely knowledgeable & competent.The food, as always, was top-notch : flavorful, nicely arranged, well-prepared. But they still need to have more options for health-conscious diners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently GoodRaleighFoodieDined on 8/2/2014This was our third trip to Midtown Grille. Each time we've been pleased with both food and service. We ordered mixed field greens salads which we've had on each visit and are delicious! For entrees, we had a strip steak and beef short ribs. My husband thinks the portions are on the small side but they are perfect for me. Our only complaint was that we viewed the menu before going and some options online weren't the same as the menu when we arrived. Overall, excellent!Special Features:
- Quality Food and ServicetmbtitwDined on 8/2/2014My boyfriend and I have dined here on a few occasions. The menu changes monthly so there's always something new and innovative to try. However, there are very few options for vegetarians or those who do not eat beef and pork. I think we've enjoyed just about everything we've tried. We go mainly to enjoy the nice atmosphere of the restaurant and the great, attentive service we receive. The mascarpone cheesecake is a must to try! Delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but portions smalluncblue94Dined on 8/1/2014Be prepared to try appetizers and desserts because dinner will definitely not satisfy. I ordered the diver scallops. The 6 scallops, while not a huge portion, were fine, but they were served with a grits side dish. There was a total of about 3 tablespoons of grits in small dabs on the plate. It was really more like an appetizer portion, not an entree. Had I known, I would have ordered an appetizer also because the dessert menu was a little limited, and nothing really seemed too exciting to me. I went home and ended up getting a snack.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/23/2014wine we ordered was not available. Cocktails were one ounce. (Just a splash) Starters are really good. Entrees just average. The service was wonderfulI would recommend this to a friend.
- OverpricedTable4FiveDined on 7/19/2014Staff were friendly and our waiter was knowledgeable and friendly. We believe that the food was bland and overpriced for the quality. Ambience was moderate considering the bright lighting and noise level.
- Sadly DisappointedDisappointedVIPDined on 7/19/2014Absolutely love dining at Midtown Grille for lunch but dinner is a totally different story! The menu is completely strange with little to choose from. The service was incredibly slow and unconcerned with our complaint. Thought we would try the new sampling menu but it was as weird as the old menu.Special Features:
- Yum!traciDined on 7/18/2014We are big fans of Midtowne and wanted to try the new chef. They haven't changed a lot on the menu yet, but we tried some of the tasting portions and they had promise for continued quality. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cgw68VIPDined on 7/16/2014Our 1st time eating outside at Midtown & our best experience there so far. Had excellent service, food is always outstanding. Just wish there were more healthy menu items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing ExperiencedegloverjrDined on 7/16/2014Great restaurant and amazing service. My wife and I are regulars and never experienced poor service. John was our waiter and he was spectacular as always (ask for him). I actually requested him via Open Table and the nice young/short (always smiling) lady at the front desk made it happen. We truly love this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GoodDrJohnVIPDined on 7/16/2014Food is good and although I miss Chef Scott the new Chef is adding new dishes. New things to try out and get new favorites. Service is very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place for a Special DateAwatsDined on 7/12/2014My boyfriend and I went to the restaurant as a celebration, and it was definitely the right pick. We both hve a hard time choosing items from a menu when they all look good, and our waitress was very helpful (she surprised me with my meal!). Both of us loved our meals, and the cocktail menu was good, too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice little spotfoodietillIdieDined on 7/12/2014Trendy spot for middle-aged well-to doers. I really liked the whole 20's theme with the furniture, light fixtures, cocktail glasses, etc. Also very interesting and classy cocktail menu. Mussels were nicely prepared and delicious, tasting menu very quaint and presented artistically. Fish cooked right and service fine.Special Features:
- Great food but noisyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/10/2014The food and service were both outstanding, however the noise level from the bar was very high. There appeared to be a back area that was a little separated from the front of the house that would be better to be sat if the bar is busy. We had the braised short rib and the duck breast. Both of which were outstanding. The bacon spaetzle made the duck dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was average or below.AlanPDined on 7/7/2014I had oyster app to begin. The oysters were soggy and very bland. The ribeye was fair.