4421-115 Six Forks Road
Raleigh, NC 27609Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.themidtowngrille.com/
- Phone: (919) 782-9463
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Brunch: Sunday 10:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
Bar 4pm - Midnight Weekdays and 4pm - 2:00am Weekends
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Scott James
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private party room seats up to 35 guests for dining. Please contact Susan Alibrandi for any special Requests.
- Private Party Contact: Susan Alibrandi 8772370644
- Special Events: Please contact us with any special event requests.
A word from Midtown Grille
Midtown is a sophisticated restaurant tucked away in The Lassiter at North Hills, at 4421-115 Six Forks Road in Raleigh. Chef Scott James’ menu, an elegant presentation of contemporary American food with international influences, utilizes the best local produce & N.C. seafood. The restaurant features a stylish dining area offering distinctive wine selections from around the globe.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Midtown Grille reviews from OpenTable diners
119 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (73)neighborhood gem (60)special occasion (59)romantic (42)great for outdoor dining (30)good for groups (29)notable wine list (27)great for lunch (21)great for brunch (13)hot spot (7)vibrant bar scene (6)late-night find (6)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Midtowne Grille ReviewOTCriticDined on 11/22/2014The hostess is very welcoming and the service is always excellent. Good selection of appetizers - the fried oysters are amazing - a sauce to die for. The menu is very creative and all the dishes were prepared to perfection. I have recommended this restaurant to several people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great location and inviting atmosphere!OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 11/15/2014We recently tried MG after having not eaten there in at least 5 years. The place has had a very nice facelift that makes the interior sophisticated and inviting. We were warmly greeted and our server was excellent . The wine list is exceptional and more than adequate for any occasion. Our selection was priced well and an excellent vintage. Food ... bread brought to table was uninspiring at best and the fish special was good but not great (although presentation was very good). We did not try any appetizers or the generous offering of specialty salads. We will return to try some of the other dishes that sounded inviting in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Off their game, hope it was a snowflakeOverfikeDined on 11/15/2014I will preface this review by saying that I am a fan of Midtown and it has consistently been one of the best restaurants around. However, Saturday they totally missed the mark. Appetizers were overcooked, 3 out of the 6 people we had with us did not finish their meals because they were not good and the service was subpar. We spoke with the manager to bring him up to speed on the state of affairs and he was accommodating and seemed genuinely concerned. We told him we were not looking for money off the bill and would not let him comp anything, we just wanted to alert him that things had gone downhill. Obviously the waitress was concerned when we spoke to him that she included automatic gratuity on our table of 6 (a first for me, I get it for large parties). I am not sure whether there has been a change in the kitchen or management but it was concerning. Since Midtown is not exactly a cheap date, I would be wary of hinging a special night out to this one until something changes fast.
- SuperiorSunzachDined on 11/9/2014The food is clearly made from superior products and prepared by a superior chef. You should market that brunch, it's amazing!Special Features:
- Midtown Grille with the GirlsFoodieFavesVIPDined on 11/8/2014Went there for girls' night dinner. Made a reservation and had a drink at the bar before taking our seats. The bartender was friendly, attentive, and helpful. Once we were seated we were disappointed to have to wait on a waiter. Unfortunately he was lacking in personality almost to the point of creepiness, and less than helpful. We had to ask for water, ask to be told about the specials, and pour our own wine. We were also disappointed to hear that not only were they out of all of the specials, but also several menu items. We were eating at 7:30, so it's not like the kitchen was closing. Although our choices were limited, the food luckily was delicious. If not for the service and limited menu I would gladly give them 4-5 stars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Friday at the GrillRuggerVIPDined on 11/7/2014We go to the Midtown Grill about once every 2 months. The new menu is very good a nice change which continues to evolve. The service is excellent be sure to say Hi! to the bartenders Don and Phil!!Special Features:
- email did not workOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/4/2014Received email confirmation AFTER event. That means guests did not receive theirs either. All else fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for special occasionsMandyLDined on 11/1/2014My husband and I came here to treat ourselves on our anniversary. We came right when they opened and it was very subdued and the perfect way to start the evening. The hostess and waitstaff were friendly and very helpful. Everyone there was knowledgable about the menus, both in food and spirits, and we enjoyed a lovely evening free of our young children. My husband had the shrimp and grits, and noted that he was very satisfied overall with the flavor and the dish, but the portion seemed a bit small for the price. I had the southern fried quail (something new and daring for me) and I loved it! Overall this was a lovely evening, a rare treat for us and well worth the money we spent. I would definitely come again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerSmokesterDined on 10/27/2014We went for our 30th anniversary and it was great. We sat outside (weather was great), the food and service were fabulous. We passed on desert and had a champagne toast instead. We have been numerous times and the food is consistently very good.Special Features:
- Great placeJeffDined on 10/24/2014Interesting but delicious menu. Good service. The calamari was excellent, kale Caesar salad was very good, the roasted duck breast was prepared very well and the ny strip was excellent. One of the better places around for a dinner date or business get together. Highly recommendedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LuvgoodfoodDined on 10/17/2014My husband and I went for our anniversary and could not of been happier with the food and the service. Our waiter was attentive and knowledgeable. The food all came out in a timely matter but not rushed through. Nothing was to large or too small a portion. Great flavors. Can not wait to go back again to try some new dishes. The English garden and Moscow mule where both excellent.Special Features:
- Excellent AgainRaleighAndyDined on 10/16/2014This was my fifth or sixth time here over the past four years and this place never disappoints. Always good service and the food is fantastic. It was the first time for my dining companion and she really loved our meal. I had duck, and it was perfect. A pretty large portion as well. It's a little out of the way for me, but that works as one of my special destination spots.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Relaxing lunchwineandineVIPDined on 10/16/2014Salad greens were fresh and delicious. salmon was nicely cooked. Service was commendable. Good place to go for a relaxing lunch.Special Features:
- Disappointed with serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/11/2014Our waiter was nice, but very unprofessional opening champagne and little knowledge of menu items. Personal hygiene was also an issue. Don't expect this kind of service with a $200 dinner. Wouldn't go back because of service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Server was offcfosurfingVIPDined on 10/4/2014we go to Midtown Grille regularly, and have yet to have a bad experience, expect for this past Saturday night. when we arrived, we were seated promptly by a friendly manager, sat at a great booth, and then the evening fell apart. Our server was not very attentive, did not stop by our table very much, did not fill up water glasses, or ask if we wanted more wine with our dinner, etc. I only hope she was having an off night (hard to know). but it generally left us not wanting to go back any time soonSpecial Features:
- Not worth the pricedontwanttoDined on 9/26/2014Had dinner on a Friday night w/ 6 of us. While the appetizers and salads were very good, the entrees left a lot to be desired. Scallops were overcooked, dry and were served on pimento cheese grits. The grits ended up being a solid cooked rectangle block; more like you wd/ expect from polenta not grits. Naked Ravioli was 3 or 4 hard balls of cheese; very unappealing. Since there were 6 of us, service was included and it was grudgingly offered. Our server seems bored, disconnected to the job and did not come by enough. All in all, a very expensive, bad meal. It now seems apparent why the restaurant was mainly empty on a Friday night @ 7:30.
- Delicious food, impeccable serviceFineDiningDined on 9/26/2014A rare night out for the 2 of us and our waiter made it even nicer. The food was delicious as always. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but not greatncregularVIPDined on 9/24/2014Have been to Midtown Grille several times and always had great dinners, but this time, it was just "good." Had scallops that were fine, but no "wow" factor with the meal. Others had steak and I didn't hear anybody comment on it, so assume it was "OK", but nothing more. We asked for the 2 best desserts to share for our group of 4 and the waiter brought two different kinds of cheesecake. Really? How about mixing it up a bit. Anyway, while it was a nice dinner, for the price (entrees $26-30), it was underwhelming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with friendsRickDined on 9/20/2014We had the fried chicken. Some of the pieces were a little over cooked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/18/2014Delicious, well prepared food: beef short rib wrap and ricotta gnudi.. Fine service. What more can I say?Special Features:
- MidtownAuntBDined on 9/17/2014Was way too pricey for small portions. Nice for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Scott's AnniversaryRickDined on 9/10/2014Food was very good but I thought the portion was small for the price. I had the scallops and the dish only included four scallops. Seemed more like an appetizer size than an entre. The others in the group had the salmon and the fried chicken and their portions were larger.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, slow serviceSlntplanetDined on 9/8/2014Each time I have eaten at this restaurant, I have enjoyed the excellent food, and yet the service is very slow (that is, the wait for food) given the other factors that make the restaurant good. This fact alone will keep it off my lunch time dining options since, like most, my time in midday is limited. Nevertheless, if you have the time, location is good, the staff polite, and the food excellent.Special Features:
- salvonic1Dined on 9/3/2014Good Food and location and service. Will return in the futureSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not too impressedTravelerDined on 9/1/2014We have eaten here before and enjoyed it. This time not so much. The waiter was not very friendly. Little things like no salt and pepper on the tables. When the hostess brought me an item I asked for she reached over my plate of food and placed it on the table. Food was good. I think we may have been there on an off night for them or us. I don't think I will return anytime soon. Too many other places to visit.Special Features:
- BPN1Dined on 9/1/2014Portions were too small!! Not worth the money at all!!
- Food was poorly preparedDisappointedVIPDined on 8/31/2014My wife, daughter and I went to brunch at Midtown Grill. The food was poorly prepared and service was mediocre. Sausage, French fries and hash browns were all overcooked/burnt and very dry. Waitress lacked any energy or personality. We will not return
- It was my favorite restaurant!LuvGoodFoodDined on 8/30/2014New chef? New menu? Gem lettuce salad:we were told it was the closest to the grilled romaine.Good, but not as good as what we wanted. The calamari used to be lightly breaded, fried with a VERY light sauce. Now, too heavy and too sweet. Next the scallops, 4 small ones (which were just good) on a puree of ?. They were supposed to be grits. The Scottish salmon undercooked, I ordered it med-rare but I don't want my fish cold in the center. Sauce was heavy and vegetable mixture(on the menu, lentils) actually edamame, ocra and black eyed peas was also coated in a heavy oil. Our waiter very nice, attentive. Asked about the new chef, and he encouraged us to try again in a month. Happy to pay $$$ for quality food, but that is not what we had.
- Used to be my fav placeAKKWVIPDined on 8/30/2014I am disappointed of the menu, taste, and portion size. I don't think that new chef is up to par. Please bring the old chef back!!!!
- Always lovelyNathanielDined on 8/29/2014We have never had a bad experience at Midtown. The food is always amazing, and while the service and setting are very enjoyable.Special Features:
- Not even close to what it was!!!PebsminiVIPDined on 8/29/2014We used to love going to Midtowne Grill but the change in Executive Chefs has not improved our dining experience. The food, while pretty, has been a disappointment. We have dined here twice since the change and, both times, walked away disappointed in the overall experience.
- good food, disconcerting changespickyeaterDined on 8/28/2014As always good food and wine list. Portions or even sides could be larger.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- won't go backKTomkoDined on 8/27/2014New chef, miniscule portions, higher prices, not worth what they chargeSpecial Features:
- great food. Service is slow.karenVIPDined on 8/26/2014The food is always incredible. However on the last few visits the service was very slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinerDiner51Dined on 8/26/2014Unfortunately, this dinner was not up to our expectations. The food was decent but way overpriced. I mean $26 for four scallops, really? Please bring back the mussels in white wine sauce. They were what we were going for but they are no longer on the menu. We will not be going back.
- littlejoeDined on 8/26/20141st time for lunch. Had the pork belly blt, which was GREAT, but would have been better with more pork belly :) Very clean, great service, great outdoor seating but did sit inside where it was quiet for a business meeting. Will definately be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One and doneMarMarDined on 8/25/2014The entrees are fairly expensive and the portions border on microscopic. The quality of the food was only above average. They seem to be more intent on filling the menu with obscure terms than providing a good dining experience.
- Not our best experience at MidtownNeighborVIPDined on 8/25/2014The Calamari was good. The Beef Short Rib was good. The Ravioli was excellent, but a very small serving, only 3 small pasta/cheese patties, and the cooked kale would not have amounted to half a leaf. No bread was served with the appetizers or entrees. Service was slow as only two waitresses and an assistant were working the entire restaurant inside and outside. Took 20 minutes to get our appetizer and another 30 minutes for the entrees. Waitress was not attentive, beverage refills were slow, empty glasses on the table. Noise level was very high, mainly due to the diners at three tables (these were tables of 2 and 4, not groups). The assistant that was delivering food items to tables was very professional and courteous.
- Very enjoyablewineandineVIPDined on 8/25/2014Food was good. Service was good. Very comfortable, relaxing, and enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- ExcellentEsternDined on 8/24/2014Brunch was delicious. 6 of us went all got different items and everyone cleaned their plate. I got the low country Benedict and it was wonderful. The bottomless Mimosas and Bloody Mary bar was great as well. Only complaint would be the mimosas continued to have less champagne each refill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.