4421-115 Six Forks Road
Raleigh, NC 27609Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.themidtowngrille.com/
- Phone: 9197829463x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Brunch: Sunday 10:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
Bar 4pm - Midnight Weekdays and 4pm - 2:00am Weekends
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Scott James
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private party room seats up to 35 guests for dining. Please contact Susan Alibrandi for any special Requests.
- Private Party Contact: Susan Alibrandi 8772370644
- Special Events: Please contact us with any special event requests.
A word from Midtown Grille
Midtown is a sophisticated restaurant tucked away in The Lassiter at North Hills, at 4421-115 Six Forks Road in Raleigh. Chef Scott James’ menu, an elegant presentation of contemporary American food with international influences, utilizes the best local produce & N.C. seafood. The restaurant features a stylish dining area offering distinctive wine selections from around the globe.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Midtown Grille reviews from OpenTable diners
139 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (77)special occasion (71)neighborhood gem (63)romantic (52)great for outdoor dining (42)good for groups (29)notable wine list (26)great for lunch (21)great for brunch (17)hot spot (9)vibrant bar scene (7)late-night find (6)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- LuvgoodfoodDined on 10/17/2014My husband and I went for our anniversary and could not of been happier with the food and the service. Our waiter was attentive and knowledgeable. The food all came out in a timely matter but not rushed through. Nothing was to large or too small a portion. Great flavors. Can not wait to go back again to try some new dishes. The English garden and Moscow mule where both excellent.Special Features:
- Excellent AgainRaleighAndyDined on 10/16/2014This was my fifth or sixth time here over the past four years and this place never disappoints. Always good service and the food is fantastic. It was the first time for my dining companion and she really loved our meal. I had duck, and it was perfect. A pretty large portion as well. It's a little out of the way for me, but that works as one of my special destination spots.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Relaxing lunchwineandineVIPDined on 10/16/2014Salad greens were fresh and delicious. salmon was nicely cooked. Service was commendable. Good place to go for a relaxing lunch.Special Features:
- Disappointed with serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/11/2014Our waiter was nice, but very unprofessional opening champagne and little knowledge of menu items. Personal hygiene was also an issue. Don't expect this kind of service with a $200 dinner. Wouldn't go back because of service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Server was offcfosurfingVIPDined on 10/4/2014we go to Midtown Grille regularly, and have yet to have a bad experience, expect for this past Saturday night. when we arrived, we were seated promptly by a friendly manager, sat at a great booth, and then the evening fell apart. Our server was not very attentive, did not stop by our table very much, did not fill up water glasses, or ask if we wanted more wine with our dinner, etc. I only hope she was having an off night (hard to know). but it generally left us not wanting to go back any time soonSpecial Features:
- Not worth the pricedontwanttoDined on 9/26/2014Had dinner on a Friday night w/ 6 of us. While the appetizers and salads were very good, the entrees left a lot to be desired. Scallops were overcooked, dry and were served on pimento cheese grits. The grits ended up being a solid cooked rectangle block; more like you wd/ expect from polenta not grits. Naked Ravioli was 3 or 4 hard balls of cheese; very unappealing. Since there were 6 of us, service was included and it was grudgingly offered. Our server seems bored, disconnected to the job and did not come by enough. All in all, a very expensive, bad meal. It now seems apparent why the restaurant was mainly empty on a Friday night @ 7:30.
- Delicious food, impeccable serviceFineDiningDined on 9/26/2014A rare night out for the 2 of us and our waiter made it even nicer. The food was delicious as always. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but not greatncregularVIPDined on 9/24/2014Have been to Midtown Grille several times and always had great dinners, but this time, it was just "good." Had scallops that were fine, but no "wow" factor with the meal. Others had steak and I didn't hear anybody comment on it, so assume it was "OK", but nothing more. We asked for the 2 best desserts to share for our group of 4 and the waiter brought two different kinds of cheesecake. Really? How about mixing it up a bit. Anyway, while it was a nice dinner, for the price (entrees $26-30), it was underwhelming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with friendsRickDined on 9/20/2014We had the fried chicken. Some of the pieces were a little over cooked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/18/2014Delicious, well prepared food: beef short rib wrap and ricotta gnudi.. Fine service. What more can I say?Special Features:
- MidtownAuntBDined on 9/17/2014Was way too pricey for small portions. Nice for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Scott's AnniversaryRickDined on 9/10/2014Food was very good but I thought the portion was small for the price. I had the scallops and the dish only included four scallops. Seemed more like an appetizer size than an entre. The others in the group had the salmon and the fried chicken and their portions were larger.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, slow serviceSlntplanetDined on 9/8/2014Each time I have eaten at this restaurant, I have enjoyed the excellent food, and yet the service is very slow (that is, the wait for food) given the other factors that make the restaurant good. This fact alone will keep it off my lunch time dining options since, like most, my time in midday is limited. Nevertheless, if you have the time, location is good, the staff polite, and the food excellent.Special Features:
- salvonic1Dined on 9/3/2014Good Food and location and service. Will return in the futureSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not too impressedTravelerDined on 9/1/2014We have eaten here before and enjoyed it. This time not so much. The waiter was not very friendly. Little things like no salt and pepper on the tables. When the hostess brought me an item I asked for she reached over my plate of food and placed it on the table. Food was good. I think we may have been there on an off night for them or us. I don't think I will return anytime soon. Too many other places to visit.Special Features:
- BPN1Dined on 9/1/2014Portions were too small!! Not worth the money at all!!
- Food was poorly preparedDisappointedVIPDined on 8/31/2014My wife, daughter and I went to brunch at Midtown Grill. The food was poorly prepared and service was mediocre. Sausage, French fries and hash browns were all overcooked/burnt and very dry. Waitress lacked any energy or personality. We will not return
- It was my favorite restaurant!LuvGoodFoodDined on 8/30/2014New chef? New menu? Gem lettuce salad:we were told it was the closest to the grilled romaine.Good, but not as good as what we wanted. The calamari used to be lightly breaded, fried with a VERY light sauce. Now, too heavy and too sweet. Next the scallops, 4 small ones (which were just good) on a puree of ?. They were supposed to be grits. The Scottish salmon undercooked, I ordered it med-rare but I don't want my fish cold in the center. Sauce was heavy and vegetable mixture(on the menu, lentils) actually edamame, ocra and black eyed peas was also coated in a heavy oil. Our waiter very nice, attentive. Asked about the new chef, and he encouraged us to try again in a month. Happy to pay $$$ for quality food, but that is not what we had.
- Used to be my fav placeAKKWVIPDined on 8/30/2014I am disappointed of the menu, taste, and portion size. I don't think that new chef is up to par. Please bring the old chef back!!!!
- Always lovelyNathanielDined on 8/29/2014We have never had a bad experience at Midtown. The food is always amazing, and while the service and setting are very enjoyable.Special Features:
- Not even close to what it was!!!PebsminiVIPDined on 8/29/2014We used to love going to Midtowne Grill but the change in Executive Chefs has not improved our dining experience. The food, while pretty, has been a disappointment. We have dined here twice since the change and, both times, walked away disappointed in the overall experience.
- good food, disconcerting changespickyeaterDined on 8/28/2014As always good food and wine list. Portions or even sides could be larger.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- won't go backKTomkoDined on 8/27/2014New chef, miniscule portions, higher prices, not worth what they chargeSpecial Features:
- great food. Service is slow.karenVIPDined on 8/26/2014The food is always incredible. However on the last few visits the service was very slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinerDiner51Dined on 8/26/2014Unfortunately, this dinner was not up to our expectations. The food was decent but way overpriced. I mean $26 for four scallops, really? Please bring back the mussels in white wine sauce. They were what we were going for but they are no longer on the menu. We will not be going back.
- littlejoeDined on 8/26/20141st time for lunch. Had the pork belly blt, which was GREAT, but would have been better with more pork belly :) Very clean, great service, great outdoor seating but did sit inside where it was quiet for a business meeting. Will definately be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One and doneMarMarDined on 8/25/2014The entrees are fairly expensive and the portions border on microscopic. The quality of the food was only above average. They seem to be more intent on filling the menu with obscure terms than providing a good dining experience.
- Not our best experience at MidtownNeighborVIPDined on 8/25/2014The Calamari was good. The Beef Short Rib was good. The Ravioli was excellent, but a very small serving, only 3 small pasta/cheese patties, and the cooked kale would not have amounted to half a leaf. No bread was served with the appetizers or entrees. Service was slow as only two waitresses and an assistant were working the entire restaurant inside and outside. Took 20 minutes to get our appetizer and another 30 minutes for the entrees. Waitress was not attentive, beverage refills were slow, empty glasses on the table. Noise level was very high, mainly due to the diners at three tables (these were tables of 2 and 4, not groups). The assistant that was delivering food items to tables was very professional and courteous.
- Very enjoyablewineandineVIPDined on 8/25/2014Food was good. Service was good. Very comfortable, relaxing, and enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- ExcellentEsternDined on 8/24/2014Brunch was delicious. 6 of us went all got different items and everyone cleaned their plate. I got the low country Benedict and it was wonderful. The bottomless Mimosas and Bloody Mary bar was great as well. Only complaint would be the mimosas continued to have less champagne each refill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful foodMargoDined on 8/23/2014The restaurant is small, and tables are close together to maximize their space. The food is excellent. The menu changes monthly. We dined on sweet potato soup, which was excellent, a wonderful fresh salad and perfect fried chicken. It was a good experience. Will go back.Special Features:
- Friday night buzz!BirthdayDined on 8/22/2014Good hit with the locals and great to see so much enthusiasm. Food was great.Special Features:
- Great service, solid foodTheNewJPDined on 8/22/2014We used a Groupon to go here and it was an enjoyable experience. Our server was fantastic and had a deep knowledge of the menu and did a great job of explaining how things were cooked and plated. The food came out really fast and tasted great. The cocktails were not the best but they had great wine and rye (served separate). It was a very enjoyable experience and we will definitely go backSpecial Features:
- MenuOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/22/2014The menu seems a little more limited but the food we ordered was outstanding. The new chef did a nice job.Special Features:
- Midtown GrilleNanciK2Dined on 8/22/2014Excellent food, always well prepared. Wait staff experienced, knowledgable and friendly. Always a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New menu but....oltexanDined on 8/21/2014We have eaten here many times. The new entree menu is pretty good but predictable... steak, duck, scallops, salmon, pork, fried chicken, etc. The problems were with the accompaniments. While I am all for fresh local ingredients (in this case a bean and field pea 'succotash'), the chef needs to take a lesson from Alice Waters. "Good ingredients simply prepared" doesn't mean blanching the beans to lukewarm and plating them, unless you happen to like your legumes somewhat less than al dente and with virtually no detectable seasoning. Her scallops were quite good and my 'sou vide' prepared duck was ok. So, all in all, not quite up to their past successes.
- Great menurabbitDined on 8/18/2014I needed a lasr minute reservation for 10 people, and this was the first highly rated place I found that could accommodate my group. I had not eaten at Midtown Grille before, so I was a little worried about letting my out-of-town guests down. It turned out the opposite was true. We all thought the food was excellent (the short ribs were especially good) and had a great time. We were seated in the fishbowl in the back of the restaurant with another large group, so it was very noisy, but I don't think that would be the case in the front section of the restaurant. I will definitely be returning to Midtown Grille.Special Features:
- EnjoyablewineandineVIPDined on 8/18/2014Interesting and unique flavors.Delicious little gem salad with buttermilk dressing. Tasty tuna entree. Corn "grits" are appetizing. Service was excellent.Special Features:
- Amazing BrunchgemladyDined on 8/17/2014Excellent food-just right serving sizes. We had their version of eggs Benedict and it was delicious. Bottomless mimosas and bloody mary's were just that-bottomless. Our server was very good and attentive. Best brunch we've had in Raleigh in a while. Its on our list to come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed in new menuOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/16/2014Midtown has been a go to spot for me and my husband for date night. We rarely get away child free so we were looking forward to going to a tried and true favorite that has always been delicious. I was excited to hear that Midtown had a whole new menu and was anxious to try out the dishes. We both started with the sweet potato and ham soup that was on special and it was really delicious. I wish I had ordered a few more helpings because that is pretty much where the meal ended for me. Both of us were hugely disappointed in our meals - they lacked flavor and my beef belly was almost inedible. We had to stop at a drive through on the way home. Hope the old menu comes back soon - otherwise we wont.Special Features: