102 19th Avenue South
Nashville, TN 37203Neighborhood:
SouthernPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.midtowncafe.com/
- Phone: 6153207176
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Daily: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Fusion / Eclectic, Southern
- Executive Chef: Jimmy Phillips
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Please send all special event inquiries to Falon M. Veit, Director of Events, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call her at 615.414.0850. You can also reach the Midtown Cafe Event Sales Manager, Liz Conn, at email@example.com or 615.516.1915.
A word from Midtown Cafe
Midtown Cafe offers a casual, affordable, fine dining atmosphere with fresh seafood, prime steak, lamb & lobster featuring an excellent wine list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerSouthern
Midtown Cafe - Best Restaurants in West End ›
Midtown Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
156 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (80)fit for foodies (80)neighborhood gem (75)romantic (56)notable wine list (42)great for lunch (42)good for groups (35)hot spot (15)great for brunch (10)late-night find (9)vibrant bar scene (4)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Wonderful Food & Wonderful ServiceRMesserliVIPDined on 10/29/2014We really like the dishes here at Midtown. I had Shrimp and Grits and my husband had the chicken piccata. The food is great and the chefs and servers seem to really care about their work. Another thing that's great is the shuttle to the events downtown. It was great! Shea was friendly and there to pick us up right after the concert was over.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/26/2014Always an excellent choice in Nashville. It's nice to have a restaurant that's been around for many years that still pays close attention to quality in all areas.Special Features:
- Good food. Not good serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/25/2014Excellent food. Party of 6 dining then used their shuttle to go to symphony. They understand the timing of all of this and delivered our food with ample time to eat. Everyone's meal was excellent. Gratuity was included due to our party of six, so was this why our waitress was less than interested in serving us??? Never introduced herself, had to flag her down to even take our drink order, never returned to refill drinks. Tried to order another bottle of wine but was out of our choice twice!! Appreciate the shuttle but will go somewhere else next time. There are lots of other great restaurants in Nashville that offer better service !Special Features:
- Midtown is MarvelousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014Fantastic food and service. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/23/2014Midtown is consistently good; can always be counted on to be fresh, delicious and healthy. This is a neighborhood gem that offers a wide range of menu choices; there is something for everybody. Soups, salads, entrees, and desserts are all well prepared. It is one of a few restaurants in this town that no matter what you order, the food is good quality, perfectly prepared and served by a serious, focused and kind staff. It is great to see a staff that has been there for a long time. Lots of hard work and care goes into giving the diner a pleasing and satisfying dining experience and it is obvious to the customer. The ambiance is quiet enough to talk but not so quiet that it feels stuffy. It is lively and upbeat.Special Features:
- TeraTeraDined on 10/20/2014Excellent food and terrific service. Wonderful creative menu. Would highly recommend. A bit loud however but certainly didn't spoil the eveningI would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for a group dinnerJohannaDined on 10/20/2014We had a party of 10 and had our own private space. It was a little tight but conversation was easy and the noise level was better than expected. Food was perfectly prepared and beautifully presented. All my guests were impressed with Midtown Cafe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed it very much!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/18/2014In a city where everything is loud and crowded, it was a wonderful break to enjoy dinner at the Midtown Cafe. We had wonderful service, terrific food, and it was so nice to be able to hear each other talk! Very relaxed, not hurried. We will be back when we are in Nashville again!Special Features:
- Food OK but priceyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014I had the duck breast which had a fatty taste and had some gristle. I have had duck breast in Paris which was excellent so my expectations were high. The meal was pricey and the food didn't match the price. My wife ordered the shrimp and grits. The grits and sauce were tasty. The shrimp was overdone/chewy.
- Not very impressed, disappointed:-(StoneyRiverRocksDined on 10/17/2014We ordered the two course, with addition of two soups to start along with two wine flights. Don't get me wrong, the food was not bad, yet we truly felt as if it was turn and burn to get us out for next guest(s) there was no time to enjoy the paired wine unless you wanted to chug it. The ambiance needed some improvement. I mean close to 200 dollars between two people you expect a little more..
- RangerjohnDined on 10/16/2014Four different dishes, fish, pork, steak and chicken four our party and each of us were delighted with preparation and taste One of our favorite restaurants for pre show dining and convenient with the shuttle service to TPAC and down town NashvilleSpecial Features:
- Service great at bar. Food okBigdaddypounderVIPDined on 10/15/2014Fish was well done. Wine list limited to one distributor. By the glass wines average at best. Good service kitchen short handed and it showSpecial Features:
- Midtown CafeTommyDined on 10/12/2014Greeted and seated immediately. Server was prompt, knowledgeable and friendly. Great service and great food!Special Features:
- Was Not ImpressedkarterDined on 10/10/2014I reviewed multiple resturants in the Nashville area - and had dined at Mid-Town Cafe in the past - I inivted 8 professional colleagues - they were very happy with their meal - I was, on the other hand very unhappy. I ordered mussels and over half of them were not opened, dry and old - it destroyed my pallette for the remandar of the evening - the server made up for it - by comping my bill - it was my birthday and I was rather disappointed. Dont plan to go to this resturant if you would like to have conversation within a table more then 2 - very noiseySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely deliciousMamsterDined on 10/9/2014Best shrimp and grits I've ever head. My only complaint--if you can call it that-- is that the restaurant was rather quiet when we were there and didn't have much of a "vibe" going on. Service was a little too prompt--would have liked to enjoy my cocktail a bit before the entree was served.Special Features:
- ZappaDined on 10/9/2014Midtown Café - The food outstanding; the service impeccable and classy; the ambiance needs work. What was once a romantic, kinda "hideaway" venue has become somewhat loud. I will return because the food was delicious. But When dining out, one does want the "total" feel of the social occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OldnsloDined on 10/9/2014Excellent service and food. I had a special request due to an allergy and it was handled efficiently and without confusion. We were able to park right in front since we got there early before the valet set. When we came out the valet seemed very annoyed with us as we were parked in a couple of prime spots but there was no sign when we arrived that said not to park there. The valet attitude really knocked the experience down a star.Special Features:
- Great dinnerJRodgersDined on 10/6/2014Scallops were unbelievable. Heard the veal was awesome too as well as the crabcakes.Special Features:
- Midtown Cafe was marvelous!FloridiansDined on 10/6/2014Such an enjoyable lunch. The service was professional with just the right amount of Tennessee friendliness. All four of us loved our food. The trout entree was the best I had ever had. We even spotted a couple music celebs which added to the fun. Would definitely return and will recommend to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was exellentDanaDined on 10/5/2014We always enjoy the scallop dish, it doesn't overfill a couple of 80+year olds. It leaves just enough room for some dessert. We also enjoy the lemon artichoke soup. The ride to downtown entertainment events and back is wonderful as we don't have to deal with parking. So we enjoy the dinner greatly.Special Features:
- Old reliableGreenHillsBoyVIPDined on 10/3/2014Midtown is getting lost with all of the many new restaurants but our last visit was positive with good food in a great classy atmosphere. I did find prices had gone up more than I remembered. The four scallops on lobster Mac and cheese was $37 and no longer accompanied by a small salad. Everything else was good But the prices were a little high.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/3/2014Perfect for a classmate reunion with a friend of many yearsSpecial Features:
- Loved the food and quiet ambianceSuzeBDined on 10/2/2014Lemon Artichoke soup was amazing. Salmon was terrific as were the shrimp and grits. Wait staff was very professional. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was outstanding.OldieDined on 9/30/2014Don't let the outside appearance fool you...It's what's inside that counts. Went with some work associates based on the rating on Urbanspoon and couldn't have been happier. Food and service were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Great Experience at MidtownTopDogDined on 9/27/2014Whenever we are in Nashville visiting our son who goes to Vandy we dine at Midtown Cafe. The food is fabulous and I find myself waiting to come back to Nashville from Chicago where there is no shortage of wonderful dining. The shrp and grits, salmon, crab cakes, veal and chicken piccata a are our favorites. Cannot forget the petite biscuits. Do not missidteon Cafe. Cannot wait to return. Service is also wonderful and the surroundings are relaxing and not too noisy as in some other restaurants of this caliber we have dined in.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dependably great!!ShoreDined on 9/25/2014Always can be counted on to be really tasty with great service. Wish it were a little quieter..because I regularly dine with people who have hearing issues. ..but Every dish is really yummy! Recommend it regularly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great service great foodmrshodgesDined on 9/21/2014Food was great service was greater.. Shrimp and grits were staple. My husband had salmon. He said it was bland but not to my taste buds.. Both of the meals were killer!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good, count on it!NancTDined on 9/16/2014Well taken care of for a TPAC event. Good food, good service. Always a pleasant experience. The filet and the trout were absolutely delicious.Special Features:
- Simply first-rateBDRockvilleVIPDined on 9/14/2014The server was friendly and knowledgeable, the food was delicious and attractively presented. Expensive, but in-line with the quality.Special Features:
- Third time hereBruceVIPDined on 9/13/2014We have enjoyed Midtown three times. Always check the evening specials for seasonal items. The regular menu is great. Don't miss the Shrimp & Grits!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best dinner in NasvhillegabrijVIPDined on 9/12/2014I visit Nashville a few times a year, and have had a number of good meals. Some great BBQ, a few steakhouses, and others. But after one visit to the Midtown Cafe, they were the clear winner. Their menu is a bit eclectic, but everything has been top notch. My last visit was with a party of twelve, and everybody was raving about the food from the appetizers right through desert. Make sure you try the Ahi Tuna, either appetizer or main course, and one of their risotto dishes. The list goes on and on. It's all phenomenal.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/12/2014Returned to Midtown Cafe recently for lunch and -- as always -- had very good food and attentive service.Special Features:
- Service: excellent. Food: goodJewelDined on 9/10/2014However, there is no self parking and when we arrived at 6:15 for our 6:30 reservation, there was no valet. Only after moving traffic cones and self parking did the valet appear and insist on a valet parking ticket.Special Features:
- BarrymundiBarrymundiDined on 9/9/2014The Midtown Cafe is consistently excellent. Food and service are always great. Always happy to take folks from out of town there, it never fails to impress, from the valet parking to the welcoming person to the waiters.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ronsDined on 9/8/2014The food is outstanding and always consistent. Service is exceptional! Great attitudes! A wonderful overall experience! Very relaxed feel and quite enough to have a confidential conversation. Love this local restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A hidden gemSDFoodieVIPDined on 9/7/2014Tucked away on the edge of downtown, delicious inventive takes on classic Southern food and wonderful service. A Nashville Institition.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ZeketheFlavorFreakDined on 9/6/2014Was recommended by a friend and thought it was great. I had the shrimp and grits app - outstanding, veal three ways (best I've ever had) and coconut cream cake - shockingly outstanding (and I don't really like coconut). In all this will be one of my "go-to" places in Nashville. Outstanding! Service was great as well. Attentive, professional, very familiar with the menu. Also worth mentioning, since everything is essentially made to order - no concerns about leaving out an ingredient you may not like.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always EXCELLENT!!LexiVIPDined on 9/6/2014Excellent, Excellent, Excellent!! In all the years I have gone to this restaurant, I have NEVER had a bad meal. Always great food, fabulous service and they make you feel welcome! Still my most favorite restaurant in Nashville. The beef filet, grouper, pork tenderloin and the Vol Au Vent were delicious and no one left a bite on their plate!Special Features:
- quaint but goodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/5/2014food was fabulous. would never have gone if not for the hotel recommendation.Special Features:
- Great Lunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/3/2014Great food, excellent service and a good place to talk!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.