102 19th Avenue South
Nashville, TN 37203Neighborhood:
SouthernPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.midtowncafe.com/
- Phone: (615) 320-7176
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Daily: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Fusion / Eclectic, Southern
- Executive Chef: Jimmy Phillips
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Please send all special event inquiries to Falon M. Veit, Director of Events, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call her at 615.414.0850. You can also reach the Midtown Cafe Event Sales Manager, Liz Conn, at email@example.com or 615.516.1915.
A word from Midtown Cafe
Midtown Cafe offers a casual, affordable, fine dining atmosphere with fresh seafood, prime steak, lamb & lobster featuring an excellent wine list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerSouthern
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Midtown Cafe - Best Restaurants in West End ›
Midtown Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
173 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (95)special occasion (83)neighborhood gem (82)romantic (62)great for lunch (47)notable wine list (44)good for groups (41)hot spot (15)late-night find (10)great for brunch (9)vibrant bar scene (5)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- FriendlyDinerDined on 11/24/2014I had lunch there (again) on November 24 and was (again) impressed by the food and service. I tried the grilled chicken with sprouts and portobello mushroom and it was the perfect dish for someone trying to pace the eating before Thanksgiving. Delicious, fresh and filling. Their daily specials are always enticing. Great choice for lunch and dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nashville GemOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014The food was excellent and the staff was friendly. It is small so be sure to make reservations! The shuttle to the downtown shows is a must. Saves you having to find parking. All around a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-theater treatAnnieDined on 11/20/2014We have eaten at Midtown twice lately and caught their shuttle downtown. They have the service/food routine well-organized for the nites when many are eating on a certain time frame. The service is fast but not rushed, and the food is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Midtown Is ExcellentLarryVIPDined on 11/20/2014We just don't get to Midtown Café often enough for lunch. The menu selections on the lunch special menu are creative, attractively plated and attentively served.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TweedyDined on 11/19/2014They should of told us to come earlier to take the bus to TPAC. We were definitely rushed!! Service was good but we only had salads and a appetizer. Not acceptable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nieghbor GEM for visitorsYardleyVIPDined on 11/17/2014Visited Nashville to see the Steelers game and used open table to find a great restaurant! The artichoke soup and salad special were great and the grouper and tuna dishes were outstanding. I give it 5 stars for sure! The hot chocolate and caramel cake desert was fantastic and yummy:) Mike was our waiter and he his recommendations were impeccable plus told us a lot about Nashville and the sites to see. The menu had many great choices so Mike was a great help. Recommend this restaurant to locals and a must visit for out of towners!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- In a word - ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/16/2014One of the best restaurant meals we have had in ages. This is a great find in Nashville - highly recommended. Wish we were local so we could visit more often. Thanks for the great service Seana and Doug!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-theater gemjnkjlDined on 11/16/2014We met friends for a pre-concert dinner at this wonderful restaurant. We noticed on the menu that the restaurant could provide shuttle service to the concert venue downtown. We asked the waitress and she was able to arrange this for out table of five on short notice. (Next time we will call ahead and make reservations). The food was wonderful, perfectly seasoned and prepared. Our group tried the duck, crab cakes, and lamb and everyone was happy with their plates. The service was perfect and our waitress kept us on course for the shuttle service. We will definitely be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome once againItaliangirlDined on 11/15/2014We have dined at Midtown Cafe many times over the years. It was once again wonderful. Dale is the best server ever. The wine was great as was the food. We took the shuttle to the symphony. It is such great service. Thank you for doing such a great job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ronsDined on 11/14/2014As usual the food and overall experience was exceptional. The soups are special and they have added an omlett that is outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old standby still deliversAlomanDined on 11/13/2014Midtown Cafe has been around forever but it hasn't lost its touch. I came here with an out of town guest because I was looking for some place that would be good but not trendy, ie no confit, no quinoa, no garlic scapes, etc. The food was excellent--I had the filet with roasted potatoes and mushroom risotto, my friend had the pork loin. Everything was tasty and perfectly prepared. My only gripe was I couldn't get a plain baked potato (they only had twice-baked and I didn't want the cheese). We finished with a slice of coconut cake, which was also delicious. The waiter was knowledgeable about the dishes, helpful without being intrusive. I hadn't seen my friend in years and the restaurant was quiet enough for us to have a real conversation and catch up. A great meal. A great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not greatHumbleODined on 11/10/2014The spacing was a little cramped and we were there on a Monday night. Service was great-friendly and knowledgeable. Food was good but not great either AND PRICEY. I chose this spot because urban spoon recommended it as a romantic restaurant but tight spacing doesn't always equal romance. I've certainly been to worse but have been to better here in Nasville too. I'm a transplanted New Yorker and it sort of reminded me of a spot in the Village with its setup and customers. I'd rate it a 3.8 out of 5.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodfoodDTDined on 11/9/20143 of us dined prior to the James Taylor concert Sunday night, The restaurant was very busy but the food was delicious and the service efficient without being irritating. I would highly recommend Midtown Cafe. There is a reason it has been there for years.Special Features:
- A fortunate mistakeBirdwellVIPDined on 11/7/2014Went here thinking we were going to traditional Southern restaurant. It wasn't that, but the Shrimp & Grits & steak were to droolable. Really good for upscale out-of-towners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okay...OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/6/2014We had just arrived in Nashville and wanted to go to dinner on short notice. Great service but ambiance was dated and food was marginal.
- Splendid eveningGreateveningDined on 11/3/2014Our long delayed return was a success, with excellent food, nicely presented and with attentive but not too assertive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice additionRhodesScholarDined on 11/2/2014Food was very good. Wine excellent. Transportation to Pearlman concert a nice addition. Made the evening less stressful. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!cd11Dined on 11/1/2014Loved this spot. Would eat the Organic Greens Salad with Grilled Salmon everyday. Great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nashvillenewcomersDined on 10/31/2014Great food, service and atmosphere. Our party of 2 grew to 6. No trouble accommodating us. Dinners were great. Husband complained his was not hot, so we received 2 complementary desserts. Unexpected, but great PR. We will sure be back. Great place to dine before attending downtown shows.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Food & Wonderful ServiceRMesserliVIPDined on 10/29/2014We really like the dishes here at Midtown. I had Shrimp and Grits and my husband had the chicken piccata. The food is great and the chefs and servers seem to really care about their work. Another thing that's great is the shuttle to the events downtown. It was great! Shea was friendly and there to pick us up right after the concert was over.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/26/2014Always an excellent choice in Nashville. It's nice to have a restaurant that's been around for many years that still pays close attention to quality in all areas.Special Features:
- Good food. Not good serviceGourmetMamaDined on 10/25/2014Excellent food. Party of 6 dining then used their shuttle to go to symphony. They understand the timing of all of this and delivered our food with ample time to eat. Everyone's meal was excellent. Gratuity was included due to our party of six, so was this why our waitress was less than interested in serving us??? Never introduced herself, had to flag her down to even take our drink order, never returned to refill drinks. Tried to order another bottle of wine but was out of our choice twice!! Appreciate the shuttle but will go somewhere else next time. There are lots of other great restaurants in Nashville that offer better service !Special Features:
- Midtown is MarvelousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014Fantastic food and service. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Return again and again!CorkSanAntonioVIPDined on 10/23/2014We love the Lemon Artichoke Soup!!!! It's a must have when we find ourselves in Nashville, and we return again and again!!!!Special Features:
- Consistently excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/23/2014Midtown is consistently good; can always be counted on to be fresh, delicious and healthy. This is a neighborhood gem that offers a wide range of menu choices; there is something for everybody. Soups, salads, entrees, and desserts are all well prepared. It is one of a few restaurants in this town that no matter what you order, the food is good quality, perfectly prepared and served by a serious, focused and kind staff. It is great to see a staff that has been there for a long time. Lots of hard work and care goes into giving the diner a pleasing and satisfying dining experience and it is obvious to the customer. The ambiance is quiet enough to talk but not so quiet that it feels stuffy. It is lively and upbeat.Special Features:
- TeraTeraDined on 10/20/2014Excellent food and terrific service. Wonderful creative menu. Would highly recommend. A bit loud however but certainly didn't spoil the eveningI would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for a group dinnerJohannaDined on 10/20/2014We had a party of 10 and had our own private space. It was a little tight but conversation was easy and the noise level was better than expected. Food was perfectly prepared and beautifully presented. All my guests were impressed with Midtown Cafe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed it very much!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/18/2014In a city where everything is loud and crowded, it was a wonderful break to enjoy dinner at the Midtown Cafe. We had wonderful service, terrific food, and it was so nice to be able to hear each other talk! Very relaxed, not hurried. We will be back when we are in Nashville again!Special Features:
- Food OK but priceyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014I had the duck breast which had a fatty taste and had some gristle. I have had duck breast in Paris which was excellent so my expectations were high. The meal was pricey and the food didn't match the price. My wife ordered the shrimp and grits. The grits and sauce were tasty. The shrimp was overdone/chewy.
- Not very impressed, disappointed:-(StoneyRiverRocksVIPDined on 10/17/2014We ordered the two course, with addition of two soups to start along with two wine flights. Don't get me wrong, the food was not bad, yet we truly felt as if it was turn and burn to get us out for next guest(s) there was no time to enjoy the paired wine unless you wanted to chug it. The ambiance needed some improvement. I mean close to 200 dollars between two people you expect a little more..
- RangerjohnDined on 10/16/2014Four different dishes, fish, pork, steak and chicken four our party and each of us were delighted with preparation and taste One of our favorite restaurants for pre show dining and convenient with the shuttle service to TPAC and down town NashvilleSpecial Features:
- Service great at bar. Food okBigdaddypounderVIPDined on 10/15/2014Fish was well done. Wine list limited to one distributor. By the glass wines average at best. Good service kitchen short handed and it showSpecial Features:
- Midtown CafeTommyDined on 10/12/2014Greeted and seated immediately. Server was prompt, knowledgeable and friendly. Great service and great food!Special Features:
- Was Not ImpressedkarterDined on 10/10/2014I reviewed multiple resturants in the Nashville area - and had dined at Mid-Town Cafe in the past - I inivted 8 professional colleagues - they were very happy with their meal - I was, on the other hand very unhappy. I ordered mussels and over half of them were not opened, dry and old - it destroyed my pallette for the remandar of the evening - the server made up for it - by comping my bill - it was my birthday and I was rather disappointed. Dont plan to go to this resturant if you would like to have conversation within a table more then 2 - very noiseySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely deliciousMamsterDined on 10/9/2014Best shrimp and grits I've ever head. My only complaint--if you can call it that-- is that the restaurant was rather quiet when we were there and didn't have much of a "vibe" going on. Service was a little too prompt--would have liked to enjoy my cocktail a bit before the entree was served.Special Features:
- ZappaDined on 10/9/2014Midtown Café - The food outstanding; the service impeccable and classy; the ambiance needs work. What was once a romantic, kinda "hideaway" venue has become somewhat loud. I will return because the food was delicious. But When dining out, one does want the "total" feel of the social occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OldnsloDined on 10/9/2014Excellent service and food. I had a special request due to an allergy and it was handled efficiently and without confusion. We were able to park right in front since we got there early before the valet set. When we came out the valet seemed very annoyed with us as we were parked in a couple of prime spots but there was no sign when we arrived that said not to park there. The valet attitude really knocked the experience down a star.Special Features:
- Great dinnerJRodgersDined on 10/6/2014Scallops were unbelievable. Heard the veal was awesome too as well as the crabcakes.Special Features:
- Midtown Cafe was marvelous!FloridiansDined on 10/6/2014Such an enjoyable lunch. The service was professional with just the right amount of Tennessee friendliness. All four of us loved our food. The trout entree was the best I had ever had. We even spotted a couple music celebs which added to the fun. Would definitely return and will recommend to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was exellentDanaDined on 10/5/2014We always enjoy the scallop dish, it doesn't overfill a couple of 80+year olds. It leaves just enough room for some dessert. We also enjoy the lemon artichoke soup. The ride to downtown entertainment events and back is wonderful as we don't have to deal with parking. So we enjoy the dinner greatly.Special Features: