102 19th Avenue South
Nashville, TN 37203Neighborhood:
SouthernPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.midtowncafe.com/
- Phone: 6153207176
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Daily: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Fusion / Eclectic, Southern
- Executive Chef: Jimmy Phillips
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Please send all special event inquiries to Falon M. Veit, Director of Events, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call her at 615.414.0850. You can also reach the Midtown Cafe Event Sales Manager, Liz Conn, at email@example.com or 615.516.1915.
A word from Midtown Cafe
Midtown Cafe offers a casual, affordable, fine dining atmosphere with fresh seafood, prime steak, lamb & lobster featuring an excellent wine list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerSouthern
Midtown Cafe - Best Restaurants in West End ›
Midtown Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
163 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (87)fit for foodies (76)neighborhood gem (75)romantic (63)great for lunch (52)notable wine list (44)good for groups (29)hot spot (17)great for brunch (12)late-night find (6)vibrant bar scene (4)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Another Great Experience at MidtownOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Whenever we are in Nashville visiting our son who goes to Vandy we dine at Midtown Cafe. The food is fabulous and I find myself waiting to come back to Nashville from Chicago where there is no shortage of wonderful dining. The shrp and grits, salmon, crab cakes, veal and chicken piccata a are our favorites. Cannot forget the petite biscuits. Do not missidteon Cafe. Cannot wait to return. Service is also wonderful and the surroundings are relaxing and not too noisy as in some other restaurants of this caliber we have dined in.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great service great foodmrshodgesDined on 9/21/2014Food was great service was greater.. Shrimp and grits were staple. My husband had salmon. He said it was bland but not to my taste buds.. Both of the meals were killer!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good, count on it!NancTDined on 9/16/2014Well taken care of for a TPAC event. Good food, good service. Always a pleasant experience. The filet and the trout were absolutely delicious.Special Features:
- Simply first-rateBDRockvilleVIPDined on 9/14/2014The server was friendly and knowledgeable, the food was delicious and attractively presented. Expensive, but in-line with the quality.Special Features:
- Third time hereBruceVIPDined on 9/13/2014We have enjoyed Midtown three times. Always check the evening specials for seasonal items. The regular menu is great. Don't miss the Shrimp & Grits!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/12/2014Returned to Midtown Cafe recently for lunch and -- as always -- had very good food and attentive service.Special Features:
- Service: excellent. Food: goodJewelDined on 9/10/2014However, there is no self parking and when we arrived at 6:15 for our 6:30 reservation, there was no valet. Only after moving traffic cones and self parking did the valet appear and insist on a valet parking ticket.Special Features:
- BarrymundiBarrymundiDined on 9/9/2014The Midtown Cafe is consistently excellent. Food and service are always great. Always happy to take folks from out of town there, it never fails to impress, from the valet parking to the welcoming person to the waiters.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ronsDined on 9/8/2014The food is outstanding and always consistent. Service is exceptional! Great attitudes! A wonderful overall experience! Very relaxed feel and quite enough to have a confidential conversation. Love this local restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A hidden gemSDFoodieVIPDined on 9/7/2014Tucked away on the edge of downtown, delicious inventive takes on classic Southern food and wonderful service. A Nashville Institition.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ZeketheFlavorFreakDined on 9/6/2014Was recommended by a friend and thought it was great. I had the shrimp and grits app - outstanding, veal three ways (best I've ever had) and coconut cream cake - shockingly outstanding (and I don't really like coconut). In all this will be one of my "go-to" places in Nashville. Outstanding! Service was great as well. Attentive, professional, very familiar with the menu. Also worth mentioning, since everything is essentially made to order - no concerns about leaving out an ingredient you may not like.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always EXCELLENT!!LexiVIPDined on 9/6/2014Excellent, Excellent, Excellent!! In all the years I have gone to this restaurant, I have NEVER had a bad meal. Always great food, fabulous service and they make you feel welcome! Still my most favorite restaurant in Nashville. The beef filet, grouper, pork tenderloin and the Vol Au Vent were delicious and no one left a bite on their plate!Special Features:
- quaint but goodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/5/2014food was fabulous. would never have gone if not for the hotel recommendation.Special Features:
- Great Lunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/3/2014Great food, excellent service and a good place to talk!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best by Far!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/30/2014Impeccable Service!!! We were a group of 6 and went here our last night in town, it was the best service by far and the food was outstanding! Would definitely go back and recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JayB3Dined on 8/24/2014Midtown has been a favorite spot for 25 years. The food is consistently good and the staff is professional and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly recommendOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Excellent food and service. The only negative was an extraordinarily high noise level, primarily due to two bachelorette parties nearby. We almost had to shout across the table to be heard. When those ladies left, the atmosphere was much more enjoyable. I would highly recommend the Midtown Café.Special Features:
- Blah.jessicamaejVIPDined on 8/23/2014We booked Midtown for a party of 12 to celebrate a few birthdays.It is hard to get a large group reservation so we were thrilled they could accomodate our group. The night started out well - we had a semi-private room right off the bar area. We had a good server who knew a lot about the menu.Restaurant week meant quite a few specials from which to choose. The lemon artichoke soup did not disappoint. This staple on the Midtown menu has not changed. The rest of the food, on the other hand, was merely blah.The mahi mahi was remniscent of a mass produced reception dinner fish entree slathered with an unnecessary sauce and served with shiny haricot vert.The lamb, ordered rare, was barely seared. Disappointing meals all around.
- Wonderful serviceFoodieDined on 8/22/2014Love the shrimp and Grits. The Tortilla soup was out of this world. Excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingBiggator1Dined on 8/21/2014The food was great,especially the shrimp and grits. The service was prompt and efficient.Special Features:
- Midtown Cafe ReviewacjohnsonDined on 8/20/2014I thoroughly enjoyed dining at Midtown Cafe for my husband's birthday. The exclusive complimentary valet was very convenient. The food was absolutely amazing! I enjoyed my meal and some of his. The absolute best mushroom risotto and smoked gouda grits I have ever had. The wine list was exceptional with some of my favorite pours. The dining room is a little small, so it definitely is more intimate but I received absolutely amazing service from Dale and will dine again and tell our friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful foodFoodieDined on 8/20/2014Love their soups and shrimp and grits. Great lunch spotSpecial Features:
- Better and Better ........GraceheartDined on 8/19/2014Each time we go back to this establishment, it just gets better and better. From the special attention paid to you personally as you enter the door to the diligence in which you recognize your food is prepared, this place ranks. Unassuming from the outside but once you enter, expect the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food. Perfect service.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014and the atmosphere was cozy and quaint. We cannot wait to be back in Nashville to go and try more of the menu! Really, the Midtown Cafe is a heck of a find!Special Features:
- First-Class DiningHoffmanDined on 8/15/2014As always, Midtown Café is one of the most reliable lunch and dinner locations in Nashville. The quality of the food, combined with the great service offered by their staff, makes Midtown a premier destination for dining in Nashville.Special Features:
- PSuiter1VIPDined on 8/13/2014I had a business dinner there with two other associates and the food was superb. I had the seared sea scallops served over lobster macaroni and asparagus.....it was super! The other two meals looked very good to me. Paired with a 2009 Italian red and it was outstanding. Randy's team always does a great job of handling the food, ambience and drink.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for pre-symphony/tpac!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/12/2014Love their shuttle service downtown! Enjoy a relaxing delicious dinner with wine or cocktails, then no worry about the drive and parking downtown. So simple and always a wonderful experience. I hesitate to share this and risk not getting a seat on the bus next time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious & SeamlessJenflynnDined on 8/12/2014I really enjoyed my dining experience at Midtown. The hostess was very delightful and friendly and the staff is very attentive and accommodating. They offer a wide variety and selections in their menu, including chef specials. The shuttle service to local concert venues and complimentary valet parking are additional perks. If you are looking for a gourmet dining experience and a relaxed dinner before a show, this is the place to go. Everything from making reservations to arranging the shuttle transportation was seamless. I'm very pleased with my dining experience and especially the outstanding service, and I will be back again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Midtown CafeOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 8/12/2014I have lunch and dinner at Midtown fairly regularly and always have great food and great service.Special Features:
- Small and terrificWestlakeedDined on 8/10/2014We went for our 43rd anniversary and the Julia Childs tribute. The service and food were outstanding. Although the restaurant was full, we never felt rushed. This was our first time here but certainly not our last. Bravo to Midtown Cafe!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceLuv2dineDined on 8/8/2014In town for a wedding and went out for a late dinner. Had a wonderful evening and thoroughly enjoyed the food. We tried many different items from the menu and would give all great reviews.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentSray0814Dined on 8/8/2014Friend gave me a gift card for the restaurant and my wife and I were finally in town on business so we stopped in for lunch. We tried the Julia Child's specials and were thrilled with our choices. This was our first time at Midtown Cafe and can now see why it's so highly rated.Special Features:
- Great little spotKatieGDined on 8/6/2014Six of us were looking for a place for dinner; we had a free night from a conference. They greeted us pleasantly; well thought out menu with enough variety that everyone was happy; meal well prepared and presented and our server was terrific.
- OverpricedTravelingmanVIPDined on 8/6/2014The reviews I read before going here were raving about the cuisine. I tried the shrimp and grits, which is a claim-to-fame, for this restaurant. The order came out wrong and had to be redone. For my entree, I had the Sea Diver Scallops, which is another dish that got rave reviews. It was the reason why I even went to the restaurant. The scallops were poor quality and one was undercooked! The lobster mac n cheese sounded great, but came out around room temperature and was coagulated. I didn't make a fuss at the restaurant, but felt the $36 price tag for the entree warranted a better cooked meal. All-in-all, I felt the restaurant charged upscale prices with average food.
- Alway greatDinewfDined on 8/5/2014Midtown Cafe has both great food and great service. We came this time for the special Julia Child birthday celebration menu. The vichyssoise soup is a treat. But this restaurant is always a treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/3/2014Food excellent. It was very nice to see an older restaurant stay current with the times. Great staple in the area. Gouda Grits were amazingSpecial Features:
- Great dinnerkrizzleDined on 8/1/2014We went to midtown friday night and kayne prime saturday night. I would definitely recommend midtown over kayne. Service was great and so was the food. Reasonably priced and drinks were good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliable midtownStrythmDined on 8/1/2014Always a great evening of fine dining and great serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and wine.sweetteeDined on 8/1/2014Midtown never disappoints us. Always good. Love having the shuttle rideSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BarbaraDined on 7/31/2014My only complaint was that our wine service was rushed. The server poured the entire bottle in 2 pours resulting in the glass being too full. Not a great experience on the wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.