Midnight Blue Restaurant & Lounge
1640 Second Avenue
New York, NY 10028Neighborhood:
Upper East Side
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Midnight Blue Restaurant & Lounge
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.midnightblue85.com/
- Phone: 2124391580
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 4:00pm - 12:00am; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Rene H. Rodriguez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Please call us at 212-439-1580 for details regarding our catering menu and the many different choices that our available.
- Private Party Facilities: The Midnight Blue Restaurant & Lounge is a fantastic place to host your next private party or business meeting. We are available for private parties, corporate events, birthday parties, business meetings, affairs and receptions of any kind. Hosting a large group? Our upstairs lounge is a private space complete with full bar, two 32 inch flat screens monitors and direct TV. We can accommodate parties of 60 guests for dining and 80 guests for lounging. Please call us at 212.439.1580 for details regarding our party packages and room availability.
- Private Party Contact: Frank Giambanco 2124391580
- Entertainment: Our upstairs and downstairs lounge areas feature a full bar, with two 32inch flat screen monitors, direct TV, etc.
- Cross Street: Corner of 85th Street
- Public Transit: We are conveniently located at the corner of Second Avenue and 85th Street, on the Upper East Side of New York City. Public Transportation: Subways 4, 5, 6 to 86th Street stop or Metropolitan Bus M86 to 86th Street stop.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: If it is difficult to find parking on the side streets, then there is a public parking lot a short distance from Midnight Blue. It is on 85th Street between 2nd and 3rd Avenue.
A word from Midnight Blue Restaurant & Lounge
Nestled in the Upper East Side of New York City amidst the hustle and bustle, Midnight Blue Restaurant is an oasis of a familiar yet new and relaxed atmosphere, where everyone feels right at home. Our goal is to remind our patrons what a good restaurant is all about. While we cater for a family oriented demographic, we are here for corporate events, social hang outs, and romantic dinners for two.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Midnight Blue Restaurant & Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
- Moderate.DeannaNYrVIPDined on 10/13/2012The service here is awkward. At least 4 different people serviced our table and would come one right after the other while you had food in your mouth and in mid conversation. It was difficult to have a conversation with my friend as we kept being interrupted with things they should have just done on ques. It seemed as though it was everyone's first day...being a server...anywhere. The ambiance is cool I suppose. We were there for an early dinner and the crowd was questionable, not my style. The food was moderate. Nothing exceptional, not even the special. Its a decent local spot. They have an upstairs lounge area. I will check that out at some point.
- First time at this restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/12/2012First time at this restaurant. The red sauce is delicious, almot as good as my Mother! the music is a bit too loud which at times makes it difficult to carry a conversation without shouting. otherwise, definitely a place I would recommend and most likely will return.Special Features:
- My only hesitation is barOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/9/2012My only hesitation is bar scene and party room upstairs get a little loud for diners-especially fogeys like me.Special Features:
- it's a great neighborhoodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/18/2012it's a great neighborhood place the food is always super fresh and delicious - I love their pasta dishes - the pasta is cooked to perfection.Special Features:
- Consistently good serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/10/2012Consistently good service and the food is good too. My only criticism is that the kids portion of fries is far too big. I always get another plate and manage to get enough fries from both my children's plate to fill another plate!Special Features:
- You shouldn't have a DJ here,AdamVIPDined on 8/4/2012You shouldn't have a DJ here, it just doesnt make any sense.
- Solid neighborhood brunch spotAnjJDined on 5/13/2012Our brunch party of 3 had the smoked salmon omelet, the linguine with white clam sauce, and the western omelet. All were good, and the service was very nice, friendly, efficient and attentive. Bloody Marys were yum also. The subway construction outside does not help the ambience; I wouldn't sit outside. But I would definitely go back. The clam sauce was delicious so I'd like to try their dinner entrees.Special Features:
- food was good ambiance noisyOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 5/2/2012food was good ambiance noisy , uncozy, cheap decor..Special Features:
- Fantastic value. Great neighborhoodLouisVIPDined on 4/11/2012Fantastic value. Great neighborhood place. Very varied menu.Special Features:
- Excellent food.....nice atmosphere,OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/24/2012Excellent food.....nice atmosphere, pleasant staffSpecial Features:
- We eat at Midnight Blue aboutLouisVIPDined on 3/17/2012We eat at Midnight Blue about 3 times a month. In fact, we were there the night before with friends who really enjoyed it. My only disappointment was that they ran out of corn beef and cabbage on St. Patrick's Day, our sole purpose for going back the next day.Special Features:
- Good but not great. GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/10/2012Good but not great. Good location and service. Too noisy though.Special Features:
- Good value hereRAF2210Dined on 3/3/2012The food was excellent however it was noisy due to small kids in Resturant . I suggest they open top level for a quiet time and bottom for family dining. Good value for the $$Special Features:
- Food was very good and pricesVVaporsVIPDined on 2/29/2012Food was very good and prices were reasonable. It's a shame they are ripping up 2nd ave, it takes away from the ambiance of this place.Special Features:
- The Italian entrees and soupsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/17/2011The Italian entrees and soups were delicious. My bf says the steak was not memorable. But we ordered the lobster bisque and french onion soup and they were good! The sangria was delish! And berry mojito is amazing. The white clam sauce with pasta is good. The penne la vodka pasta was good. Fresh Bread good.Special Features:
- The food wasn't very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/25/2011The food wasn't very good at all. It was edible, but I wouldn't return. Two pasta dishes were over-sauced and salty. Sorry, have nothing more to offer.
- Very reliable neighborhoodSundayDinerVIPDined on 7/29/2011Very reliable neighborhood place. Reasonable prices, good food.
- My friend who lives in theOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/29/2011My friend who lives in the neighborhood suggested we try Midnight Blue for dinner. We were satisfied with the food and service.Special Features:
- friendly, eager to please!ninaVIPDined on 7/27/2011new owner - friendly and eager to please -- 'regular' Italian..and, did I say 'nice, friendly, eager to please?' - sometimes that's just more important than anything else! hope the diners come - it's a 'wicked' corner - 2nd ave and 85th -- hidden by the construction.Special Features: