27 Yorkville Avenue
Toronto, ON M4W 1L4Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mideastroyorkville.com/
- Phone: 4164772427x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday 11am to 3pm; 5pm to 11pm
Friday - Saturday 11am to 3pm; 5pm to 12pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Middle Eastern
- Executive Chef: Benny Cohen
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Mideastro offers full catering facilities for more information please e mail - email@example.com
A word from Mideastro Yorkville
Mideastro is a bolt from the blue, er, Vaughan. Mediterranean fusion, Middle Eastern Plus. Chef Benny Cohen is wonderfully brash: He shows just why the Middle East is the spicemeister of the world and he mixes traditions with élan. Fish cocktails are glasses of chopped tuna-tabule salad mixed with different liquors. Couscous, the ME’s fave starch, is handrolled to perfection matched with seafood, drenched in a rich, winey sauce. And there are no meatballs in town to rival the spicy kufta, ground lamb and beef under a foccacia lid with hot yogourt and tahina sauce.Continued
"Gina Mallet-National post"
"Gina Mallet-National post"
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Mideastro Yorkville reviews from OpenTable diners
66 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (49)special occasion (40)romantic (30)neighborhood gem (27)notable wine list (24)good for groups (23)great for outdoor dining (10)hot spot (9)great for lunch (6)late-night find (6)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (1)vibrant bar scene (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Dnner outOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/17/2014The food, as always, was terrific. The only downside to the evening was the astronomical cost of the wine! It was our fault because we looked at the 5 oz serving costs instead of the 9 oz. To our surprise, we paid $22/glass for our wine. We were so engaged with our friends in a conversation, that we didn't see that one coming. Having said that, our bill was almost $100, just for the wine. Our waiter probably should have mentioned to us that we could have gotten 2 bottles for that price. If you have a 5 oz glass, it looks almost ridiculous. We have found that the cost of wines, in some of the restaurants in and around Toronto, are turning off us off from going there to dinner.Special Features:
- Great food. Where the customers?OccasionalDinerDined on 10/11/2014The food and setting in this restaurant are amazing. But if you are looking for the hustle of a vibrant restaurant look elsewhere. The marketing department needs to follow the chefs lead and step it up. Great spot, but clearly a hidden secret.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food. Warm atmosphere!NeighbourhoodfoodieDined on 10/2/2014Persian influence in the menu is a welcome change for the ordinary fare. Flavours are amazing. Service warm and welcoming. Love this place!!Special Features:
- JabsDined on 10/1/2014Our server was exceptionally professional, hospitable and non obtrusive! The cuisine was exquisite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TremendousMuzunguDined on 9/27/2014We both cook so when we dine out we go for the experience. As visitors we were checking out Open Table as to where to eat in Toronto,and came across Mideastro. The reviews were pretty unanimously positive, so we booked. We were overwhelmed. The food was so different and so exceptional. Sean led us through his specials like a maestro leads his orchestra through the adagio. Yes, this was a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb & InventiveDisappointingVIPDined on 9/2/2014The food was creative and absolutely delicious and gets a 10!! Will delight the gourmet palatte. A wonderful find with understated elegance.Special Features:
- Innovative cuisineBiltongDined on 8/26/2014Menu changes always include innovative food and flavour combinations such as scallops and shrimp in a rich Middle Eastern broth, and salad of crisply fried goat cheese balls with mini vegetables, red lettuce and a dash of appetite-awakening vinaigrette. Service is helpful, friendly but never intrusive. This sommelier knows his stuff.Special Features:
- A great place, no ifs, ands or butslate2operaDined on 8/22/2014This restaurant has it all: wonderful food, helpful, friendly, knowledgeable wait staff in a beautiful space.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WendyWendyDined on 8/21/2014I have nothing to say on a negative note. The service is great and the food is scrumptious. I highly recommend it.Special Features:
- Quiet resto for old folksOpenTable1VIPDined on 8/16/2014Went 830 on a sat night with gf. we were the only ones under 60 in the whole restaurant. not exactly what we were hoping for. service was great though, food was pretty good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great refreshing menuDrewmicDined on 8/4/2014Reminded us of Ottolenghi in London ... Really good, inventive flavours, great wines, great service ... What's not to like?!Special Features:
- Will definitely be back!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/4/2014Really glad to have found a restaurant with excellent quality Middle Eastern food and classy décor. Was totally pleased with the entire experience, and will certainly be back.Special Features:
- fantastic service! great ambience.vakpDined on 7/31/2014devine cuisine. fantastic service! great ambience. merci.mercimercimercimercimerciSpecial Features:
- Outstanding!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014Being a fan of mid eastern cuisine I was excited to try Mideastro, Yorkville. A few friends recommended it highly. I went with little expectation as everyone has different taste levels. From the minute we walked in and met our waiter Sean, we were impressed. The evening kept getting better as it went on. From clean, elegant, interesting, knowledgeable, delicious and friendly in every way we became fast fans of Mideastro and will be sure to return as well as try the Thornhill location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The bestOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/23/2014Outstanding. A favorite have always been very impressed. Will keep coming back for the best food and service. Thanks again for another great eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great late dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/22/2014Needed a neighborhood restaurant open for a late dinner with my wife and son. Though inside décor was inviting, we chose do dine outside and enjoy the balmy weather. Interesting menu. Chef was very accommodating in meeting my wife's special dietary needs while still providing a great dish. Everything fresh and flavorful. Sea bass among the best we've had anywhere. Excellent lamb. Though kitchen officially closed at 10p, they stayed open beyond to allow our son, arriving late from a business meeting, to dine with us. Couldn't ask for better accommodation, service and cuisine. Can't wait to go back on our next trip to Toronto! Thanks for a great evening.Special Features:
- Amazing foodStefffgDined on 7/19/2014We love course experience at Mideastro. We went last Saturday for summerlicious. Small appetizers but delicious warm bread and dips to make up for it. The entrees (we both had the sirloin) were purely outstanding!!! Desserts were a bit small but thinking back, we left full. Great place, we'll definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a gemMel66Dined on 7/18/2014Lovely spot - i think when you walk in, you have a certain impression about what it's going to be like - you might think it's going to be ok - but then - the service and the food takes over and WOW - total home run. Kudos to all involved!Special Features:
- Excellent dinnerfussyeaterDined on 7/18/2014Delicious, unusual dishes, beautifully presented in just the right portions (not too much and not too little). The ceviche was amazing! Felt very welcomed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rebecca18VIPDined on 7/17/2014The food was delicious! our service, was less then stellar..... very slow, not attentive, and impossible to pay the bill. We would go back for the food with the hopes that the service will be better.Special Features:
- SummerliciousLiciousFanDined on 7/15/2014Was anxious to try this restaurant as menu offerings/descriptions sounded wonderful, but was disappointed in lack of flavours. Three of us shared the entire Summerlicious menu, so it was a good way to try a number of different dishes which we noticed were also on their regular menu. Our favourite was the carmellized onion/eggplant dip that came with the warm bread. It was deliciously flavourful. The other menu items were okay, but unremarkable, although attractively plated.
- another good meal at MideastroOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/14/2014This has now become one of our local go-to places when we are staying in Toronto. Always good food, well prepared and presented.Special Features:
- Excellent Dining at MideastroDefneVIPDined on 7/12/2014All 3 of us in my party enjoyed the exceptional food and excellent service, very much. Our very friendly and attentive server also had a wonderful combination of raw veggies and greens for my raw/vegan boyfriend. The summerlicious menu is so good, deciding among the mains was difficult :) Every dish we had was delicious starting with entres. Me being a dessert person and being very particular about the last course, loved both my dessert and my friend's, which I had to taste. It was a very pleasant dining experience for all of us and we will definitely be back soon. Thanks!Special Features:
- DeliciousDelishfindsDined on 7/11/2014Ate at Mideastro for summerlicious dinner and was initially skeptical as the summerlicious menu was limited though turned out to be a delicious surprise of fantastic flavours. My boyfriend and I ordered different items from the menu in order to try as much as possible and every single item was fantastically scrumptious. The ingredients were fresh and truly authentic dishes with a twist. I am still salivating thinking of their food and will surely be returning to try dishes from their full menu. The staff was pleasant and friendly, with the owner coming to say hello as he was extremely friendly and pleasant to speak with. Overall I am very content that I tried this restaurant and will be returning in the near future.Special Features:
- thanks to sunmerliciousthegirlcaDined on 7/11/2014Delighted to have found this great place because of Summerlicious. We had a great girls' night out with wonderful food and even better service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My experienceNotaveryhappyladyDined on 7/11/2014Me and my husband dod reservation for 5:30 to the restaurant. As soos as we walked in there was no music and only one couple in the restaurant. So it is already was't really warm atmosphere. The air conditioning was very strong so my husband went to the car to get me extra jacket. We asked to bring twmperature down so it was cold on and off. The structure of the restaurant is like a long corridor and kitchen right at the end of it. We were sitting in the middle so i felt that waiters constantly were going back and forth. Not very nice feeling. All waiters were guit nice and friendly. The food I had very fine. My husband did not really enjoy his food. Meet was over cooked, he got potatoes loaded with mayoness, kind of discusting for such
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/6/2014Very good takes on Mediterranean fare, served up professionally and pleasantly. Maitre d', Ian, was hospitable, knowledgeable and gracious.Special Features:
- Decent FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/5/2014The food were presented well. The stroploin was fine. But the whole fish and spices were not my type.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/4/2014Service was a little slow at first, maybe because we sat outside. It took a while to get our drinks. But after that, service picked up, food was really good, and we had a friendly server so that helped.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a great find!bigaleatzwellDined on 7/3/2014We were celebrating a business venture with new clients and chose this restaurant for its location. We were all pleasantly surprised by the variety and selection on both the wine and dinner menus. The food, wine, ambience and service were all outstanding! I am definitely looking forward to more dinners at Mideastro soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You'll come back for more!ShaikeDined on 6/27/2014Highly recommended, from our server who was extremely knowledgable to the amazing creations that we've ordered, Chilean sea bass and Lamb T bone were mind and pallet blowing dishes ! Paired with a glass of white and a glass of red, it was exceptionally grand ! Tasty cooled Grappa with our dessert plate, sweet sweet chocolate that makes you want more. Even the 3 dip and baguette left us craving another one of those!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 246 reviews are from the Mideastro Yorkville reviews archive.
- Wouldn't recommendAngtenDined on 6/6/2014I wrote a review for TripAdvisor about the restaurant and said it was over-priced, the entrees were mediocre at best. There were five of us, my sister-in-law is very knowledgable about wines and we had two good bottles of wine. The maitre d' was intrusive and overbearing, urged us to have the tasting menu. Our appetizers were good. The positives about the restaurant: nice decor, we were able to stay at the table chatting for a long time.
- Impressed!SweetItalianFoodieDined on 5/25/2014A last minute reservation, a lasting impression! My boyfriend and I absolutely loved Mideastro Yorkville. Sunday, 8:30 pm - pretty quiet, a few tables inside and 1 group on the patio. The ambience was great and the decor was the right amount of sophistication. We were promptly seated and the waiter wasted no time coming over and offering beverages! We were told all the daily specials in a timely manner and with great detail. Staff was knowledgeable! Served warm olive bread and 3 unique dips to start! Apps were delicious, amazing presentation *Ahi Tuna, Ceviche & Mushroom/Goat Cheese Salad* Mains exceeded expectations *Lamb Duet & Kufta* Both dishes cooked to preference. Dessert - Chocolate YUM! A+ plates Service - Phenomenal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 5/23/2014All the staff are very courteous, friendly, respectful and accommodating. They really know their menu and able to explain/recommend them to us very well. I love their eggplant spread/dip on their bread, which I would agree that they should have them sold in bottles. Their shrimp falafel and paella is very delicious and none that I've tasted before. Lastly, their cast iron ribeye is too die for... Very nice presentation, very tender, tasty and grilled/cooked just right. Prices are worth the food you'd be spending here.Special Features:
- An amazing cultural food experiencemonkeyboyDined on 5/20/2014If you would love to try something completely different for a real foodie then take a trip around the Mediteranian ! From Portugal to Morocco and every place in between! The food is amazing Great knowledgable staff work there and can help pair the wines that are also from the region! This is a must visit spotSpecial Features:
- fine dining prices/ pub atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/10/2014very loud pseudo jazz which we asked to turn down 3 times! we noticed another table also asked for the music to be turned down. people had to talk even louder to be heard over the music. The food was mostly good but due to above issues will not return or recommend
- underappreciated yorkvilleOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/9/2014this is a relatively unknown Yorkville restaurant we have been to a number of times. it is a little off the beaten track...but very close to the four seasons hotel. It is far superior to most of the other Yorkville restaurants and offers diners who want a high quality meal without the usual hassles of yorkvilleSpecial Features:
- RozieDined on 5/8/2014watch out for expensive up-selling. Be sure to ask the cost of any non menu itemsSpecial Features:
- Just go. You'll enjoy itfoodie6085Dined on 5/6/2014If you have a group let them pick your meal for you. You'll be glad you didSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the new menuAmuseBoucheDined on 5/3/2014My fiance and I are regulars at MidEastro Yorkville and love it for the consistent great food and service. We even had our engagement party there last year for about 30 family members and they tweaked their menu exactly to our specifications. All of our guests were so impressed with the quality of the food and everyone was very happy with their meals. My fiance and I were there again over the weekend, just us two for dinner, and they just changed their menu. It's absolutely delicious and I'm so happy they added some seafood options. We will be coming back again and again.Special Features: