1200 Highway 7 West
Thornhill, ON L4J OE1Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mideastro.com/
- Phone: 905-889-0060
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Friday: 10:00am - 11:00pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean, Middle Eastern
- Executive Chef: Angelo Racioppo
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Mideastro caters for private functions and other events.
- Entertainment: Join us for LIVE JAZZ and a guest singer every friday and saturday nights.
A word from Mideastro Restaurant
Mideastro, as our name implies, is the fusion of Middle Eastern and Italian food. The love of both cuisines has inspired unique dishes unlike anyone have seen before. Located in the heart of Thornhill Woods, Mideastro is now the preference for casual fine dining for the region, happily giving surrounding areas a superior alternative to traveling all the way downtown.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Mideastro Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
- We went to Mideastro as weOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/19/2012We went to Mideastro as we are always looking to find good restaurants in our neighbourhood and this would have been great except for a snafu with our bill. The food was very good but my wife requested extra vegetables instead of potatoes and was charged an additional charge for the substitution; I did not review the bill when I paid it as we were late for a movie and did not notice until the next day. Nothing was ever said about the additional charge and it soured what had been an enjoyable experience. I don't like surprises, so I will not be back. Too bad, it is a nice place.Special Features:
- We had a family dinner onOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/14/2012We had a family dinner on Monday night in the private room. It was a very enjoyable experience for all of us. The staff was friendly and attentive. The food and drinks were served quickly and was excellent. We will definitely be back and would recommend this place to our friends!!!Special Features:
- Our second time there withOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 5/12/2012Our second time there with a party of six and we were all extremely pleased. The appetizers are fantastic, The specials were varied and everyone who had one raved about it. The live music adds the final touch. We will definitely be back !Special Features:
- We love Mideastro. ThinkOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/26/2012We love Mideastro. Think we found "OUR" restaurant! Always great sevrice and food and they always make us feel special. You guys really listen to your guests and that's what makes a perfect dining experience...we will be back and refer friends/family over to try you out.Special Features:
- We were here for a friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/24/2012We were here for a friends birthday and they made the experience delightful. Great and attentive service. Very accommodating!Special Features:
- Fantastic food...A true findGourmetVIPDined on 3/27/2012Fantastic food...A true find that deserves a visit. They really pay attention to quality and you they go that extra mile to ensure you get treated very well. Top quality food (and I am not easy to please!!!) and great experimentation with food types that complement eachother really well. Try the Morrocan appetizer and their fresh, cold, sirloin Carpaccio.Special Features:
- I went to Mideastro for theLisaDined on 3/24/2012I went to Mideastro for the first time and it was for my Birthday Night out. We went with another couple. The minutes I walked in I was pampered, the best seats in the house for reserved for us, I thoroughly enjoyed the Sax & singing - the food truly was a hit. But what will make me come back was the exceptional service - by far the best place I have been to. You made my night a perfect one - we will be back. I have recomended this place to so many more. Keep uo the great work.Special Features:
- Always A Nice Treat!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/24/2012Exceptional service and great food! I did not realize Jeff was such a good singer or that there was entertainment (sax player) on Saturday nights! Will definitely re-visit soon!Special Features:
- Terrible disappointment. WithOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 3/11/2012Terrible disappointment. With the exception of our waiter Chaim, nothing even close to worth going out for. Also way way overpriced.
- Had a another wonderful meal.OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/7/2012Had a another wonderful meal. We were well looked after. Loved the veal chop and special black cod! Congratulations for having your Yorkville restaurant make Toronto Life Top 10.Special Features:
- The food was truly outstanding.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/15/2012The food was truly outstanding. My wife had the wild rice risotto which was very flavourful and not heavy, and I had the lamb and beef kufta which was delicious. The restaurant itself is in a neighbourhood strip mall which is easy to miss but is outstanding, especially for any foodies out there. The service staff was very friendly and professional. My only regret is that we had not found this place earlier since we live close by.Special Features:
- The first time we came hereKarenDined on 2/13/2012The first time we came here the food came out extremely slow. This time it was quicker, at least we weren't left hungry with all the bread refills. I think this place a is a tad overpriced but that's subjective since all the menu items we like were in the high $20s to mid $30 range.Special Features:
- Very good food in a non-descriptSueBVIPDined on 12/16/2011Very good food in a non-descript strip mall. Service was excellent. A place to put on your list to visit or try the one in Yorkville - very good as wellSpecial Features:
- I was in this restaurant forOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/3/2011I was in this restaurant for the first time and definitely enjoyed it. Food was good and service was exactly how it should be.Special Features:
- The waiting staff is a bitOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/9/2011The waiting staff is a bit too attentive that at some point I would say they are interrupting our conversation. I think they are trying too hard to please. The food was great (taste and presentation wise), they just have to fine tune their service.Special Features:
- The bread is flown in fromOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/7/2011The bread is flown in from Montreal and together with the olive paste is superb. The desserts are from the Cheesecake Factory and wow! Best of all is the fantastic service and presentation. They have very modern dishes. Overall it's a great place to eat.Special Features:
- This was our 3rd time (& last).OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/5/2011This was our 3rd time (& last). The food arrived cold. The portions (especially the seafood pasta dishes) were a joke--1 shrimp & 1 scallop & very small. My wife has ordered this before & it was the best thing she'd ever eaten--we were embarrased at having recommended this place to our friends.
- food was excellent -- thirdOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/5/2011food was excellent -- third time there, satisfied all three times. would definately come again. service was a little disappointing this time.
- Service was great, food wasOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/28/2011Service was great, food was marginal, charging downtown prices in Thornhill. $32 for 2 double cut lamb chops???? was like 4 bites of meat, they eye of the chop was not any bigger than my thumbnail. Will not return to this place.
- We had an excellent dinnerLeezaDined on 10/22/2011We had an excellent dinner and the service is impeccable. Only negative comment is that we were seated by the door and each time the door opened, there was a very cold blast of wind. Restaurant is highly recommended.Special Features:
- We all(4 of us) had a seafoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/2/2011We all(4 of us) had a seafood entre which were delicious. The mushroom soup was terrific.Special Features:
- our second time and enjoyedLuv2dineDined on 8/27/2011our second time and enjoyed it just as much as the firstSpecial Features:
- First time but won't be ourOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/14/2011First time but won't be our last. Service, shrimp, Rosemary Chicken and salads very good, chocolate volcano cake and wine list excellent.Special Features:
- Amazing food and service,OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/6/2011Amazing food and service, I am anxious to go back again and try more entrees as it was tough to choose just one. The only issue was the live music. Although I understand that it helps create an environment, it was difficult to speak to other individuals. I prefer quieter settings and will likely go back on a night when there is no live music.
- Amazing service, wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/29/2011Amazing service, wonderful ambiance, and great foodSpecial Features:
- Great find! Found out at lastVisionDined on 7/26/2011Great find! Found out at last minute that restaurant was booked for private party but was offerred dinner in the private room. This worked out well....service was excellent and noise from the party in the restaurant was not bothersome. Food was excellent and beautifully presented. Will return again when restaurant not closed for private party to experience a regular night. Appreciated management's willingness to accommodate us.Special Features:
- FabulousLuv2dineDined on 7/23/2011Food, ambiance, service, even the always full glass of water, was fabulous. My husband who is often the critic in the family said it was the best restaruant we have been in a very long time and we do get out a lot. Great evening, couple we were with raved about it all night as well.Special Features:
- great neighbourhood restaurant...niTorontosnowbird1VIPDined on 7/19/2011great neighbourhood restaurant...nice ambiance...fabulous service!Special Features:
- Staff/Service was excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/18/2011Staff/Service was excellent. The servers were engaging but genuinely so, it wasn't that artificial feel you get at alot of these uptown restaurants. I felt comfortable enough to joke with them all night. The food was great, a solid 3.5-4/5 on this night. I wish the knife I got with my veal cutlet was sharper as I felt I was working too hard -- don't get me wrong, it was worth it, the cutlet was near perfect and the garnishes complimented the meal - still, I hate having to work during a meal (maybe I'm one of those diners that needs their food cut for them like a 4 year old, I don't know)! Appetizers great as well - wife said cigars, kube were great, but falafel "not as good as my moms"... Caprese Salad was perfect...Special Features:
- NEVER AGAIN !OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/28/2011Second time at restaurant - both times - order took 1 hour to place - took 1.5 hours to arrive - serve and manager repeadedly told us our order was coming - were told kitchen was "overwhelmed" even though restaurant was not full - room too noisy - room too cool. This time - coffee machine "broke" when we asked for second cup, this time food tastes did not even resemble the wonderful flavours of first visit - web site was very unfiriendly. WE WILL NOT RETURN
- Had a wonderful first timeLike2EatDined on 5/28/2011Had a wonderful first time experience at Mideastro after another friend raved about it. The food was delicious. We shared the caprese salad and calamari appetizers. Would have loved to try their burrata special but at $25 a bit too rich for our tastes. The fresh warm bread and complimentary dips were very good. Each of us had veal chops. They were outstanding. Perfectly cooked, beautiful cuts of meat with delicious demi glaze. High marks for service. Our waiter was great, making adjustments to the side dishes without blinking of an eye. If anything found the tables of 4 a bit tight along the back wall. So close that our neighbour came into a conversation we were having. Not cool. Will definitely go back but would ask for a boothSpecial Features:
- Great place, great food, goOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/27/2011Great place, great food, go and have a wonderful time!!Special Features:
- Had a problem with a reservation...OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/23/2011Had a problem with a reservation.....Berber had a restaurant bend over backward's like Yossi the manager....and the food is amazing !!!!!Special Features:
- Great food, outstanding service.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/22/2011Great food, outstanding service. What a gem of a place. A little pricy - but dining experience is well worth it. Calimari was exceptional.Special Features:
- Special Mothers DayIngridVIPDined on 5/8/2011I was very impressed with the attentive service and did not expect it to be so good on Mother's Day. On the website they say live Jazz Friday and Saturday therefore did not expect to have live music which was a big hit with my party of 3. The food started with wonderfully with hot black olive bread it had a great crust one of the best breads I have ever had with 3 spreading /dipping options. The warm mushroom salad was excellent and dressed just right. The whole bass was flavourful and cooked just right the was was the ricotta stuffed ravioli and the Grilled Mediterranean chicken skewers. It is refreshing to see the good use of fresh vegetables which were flavourful and not just a throw in on the plate. I highly recommend restaurantSpecial Features:
- oyster was very fresh. LittlepatrickDined on 5/8/2011oyster was very fresh. Little disappointed about the rib eye steak, we sent it back for one time for the over cooked steak, and it took very long time to have it back, still very disappointed with the quality of the meat. We also took the day special steak, taste was ok but very pricey, $50 for a steak and $10 for a lobster tail?? service was good though.
- As always, food was great!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/6/2011As always, food was great! Veal Chop is outstanding!Special Features:
- I most enjoyed about the restuarantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/30/2011I most enjoyed about the restuarant is their food. Excellent meals, very unique and overall just fantastic. The food also came out fast, we did not wait for a long time. However, the tables and the restuarant is very small. The table for 4 is more suitable for 2-3 people. In addition, the overall arrangement of the seatings felt very crowded and uncomfortable. Another problem was the music. The live Jazz was excellent, but my family had to yell over the music just to hear something, and communication with the servers was difficult. I would reccommend this restaurant for its fantastic food
- I had a great experience atOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/14/2011I had a great experience at the restaurant food was outstanding, service was exceptional if they continue in this direction they will have a successful restaurant. It is all an out the customer experience, my experience was great and I will tell others.Special Features:
- Mideastro - Fabulous menu!Torontosnowbird1VIPDined on 4/6/2011We had a great meal, and our server, Boaz, was so sweet, friendly and effecient. We had dined at Mideastro before, but the other couple we dined with hadn't, and they were most impressed!Special Features: