Mid America Club
200 E. Randolph Street, 80th Floor
Chicago, IL 60601Neighborhood:
Downtown / Loop
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Mid America Club
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.midamclub.com/
- Phone: 3128611100
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Michael Pivoney
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: No
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: The only thing we overlook is the City! From the top of the fourth tallest building in North America, the views and service are both spectacular and memorable.
- Private Party Contact: Tim Hauschildt 8669440807
- Entertainment: Join us in the Grill every Thursday night from 5:30pm-7:30pm to listen to great live music featuring some of Chicago"s finest talent.
- Cross Street: Randolph and Stetson
- Public Transit: Please visit www.transitchicago.com for detailed maps and schedules of the "El" - Chicago"s elevated train system and CTA Buses. All of Chicago's elevated train system lines have stations that are within walking distance of AON Center.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: The AON Center parking entrance is located on Lower Lake Street (Actually Middle Level) and is easily accessible from Columbus Drive. From Columbus Drive, drive to Lake Street and turn left or right (depending on driving direction) at the stop light. Drive ½ block, entrance to the garage is located on the left side of Lake Street. The parking garage entrance sign will read Aon Parking Garage.
A word from Mid America Club
Now open to the public for dinner, the Mid-America Club,a private business club that sits at the top of the AON Center, North America's fifth tallest building. 360 Panoramic views of Chicago's famous Millenium Park, Soldier Field, Lake Michigan, The Magnificant Mile, and the entire Chicago Skyline. Elegance without being stuffy. Bring a group or enjoy a romantic table for two. The only thing we overlook is the city.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Mid America Club reviews from OpenTable diners
- Sky High and SoecialHubHubbVIPDined on 12/14/2013Though a Security check in and badge were required in the lobby and there's a dress code, the quick ride to the 80th floor took us to another world. Elegant, stunning view, attentive and friendly staff and great food. One feels special at the Mid-America Club. Everyone at our table was surprised at the quality of the experience and we can't wait to return. If you want fine dining in an intimate space where you can talk to you guests and feel "special", this is the place. Thank you for a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnbelievablePatMartinVIPDined on 12/13/2013Nicest dining spot in Chicago. Has to be experienced to be believed... Don't miss out on this!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ImpressiverarelyoutDined on 11/9/2013Everything was wonderful, from the initial greeting to the final farewell. Our table was lovely, fantastic views. The staff always addressed us by name, placecard set on the table, nice touches. Food was excellent, service superb. We regret not having more time to enjoy the experience and will definitely return when not on such a tight schedule.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- special ocasion before theaterdoc1Dined on 11/2/2013Staff and quiet atmoshere made for a special occasion dinner before Wicked at Oriental theater. Very quiet, staff were welcoming and encouraged us to walk around and see 80th floor views from all 4 directions. Easy 3-4 block walk to theater afterwards. Food was good, Flat bread and calamari appetizers were excellent! Not rushed at all. Great if you have guests and want to impress.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 80th floor of the Aon Building,OpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 10/26/201380th floor of the Aon Building, should have unbelievable views of city, unfortunately windows are so small and tables are so poorly spaced it seems that there is no view.
- Little-known scenic gemcityexplorerDined on 10/26/2013Long having searched for an opportunity to see the view from the Aon Tower, pleased to have found that the public is welcome at the restaurant in the Mid America Club on the 80th floor. Reservations and photo ID required for access to the building, hampered by an apparent lack of communication which caused a slight delay in our being admitted. Once past security, a gracious atmosphere on the 80th floor, spectacular views, very good food reasonably priced. Not a lot of people there for 7:00 on a Saturday night, apparently because information about the restaurant's not easy to find. Look forward to sharing this experience with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- celebratejelaDined on 6/27/2013We really enjoyed the food and the atmosphere. The service was fantastic. The staff was friendly and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the premier dining locationsdreinkerDined on 6/20/2013The personal service was attentive yet offered the privacy most people want. The food was excellent with some very tasty specials from the chef. The view was everything you would expect from the 80th floor and the restaurant has rooms that face all four points of the compass. The regular prices are at the upper end of the spectrum so some kind of deal is suggested for the average diner. I think we got our money's worth though...even have some nice leftovers. Bear in mind this is a private club but our deal included temporary membership for the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful meal with a terrific viewScooterVIPDined on 6/6/2013Food was very good and the view was spectacular. We appreciated being seated right at the window for a view of the city. Service was perfect. All in all a wonderful, if pricey, meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden Gem!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/22/2013This is a very elegant restaurant. I would have never known about it if it were not mentioned to me by someone I ride the train with. I will come back again. Everyone was very friendly. The food was great. I will recommend to friends and coworkers.Special Features:
- We had such an amazing timeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/20/2013We had such an amazing time at The Mid America Club! The service was exceptional and the view was breathtaking. We were treated like VIP guest the entire time we were there and never felt rushed or out of place. The staff was what made the experience the best. The gave 120% customer service with a smile! We will be going back more often!Special Features:
- Beautiful view, excellentdanquixoteDined on 3/2/2013Beautiful view, excellent service, good food and you can splurge with a full meal or get a couple of appetizers and enjoy the view. Nice stop after walking around Millennium Park.Special Features:
- Everything about our visitOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/23/2013Everything about our visit was awesome - from the food, to how they made me feel extra special for my birthday! The view was great - we looked out over the lake and could see Navy Pier! Indoor parking for a reasonable price just added to a great experience! If you have a special occasion coming up - this place is a no brainer. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Mid-America Valentine's CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/23/2013My date and I celebrated Valentine's Day at the Mid-America Club this past weekend, we are both only 18 years old and had a wonderful and very memorable time. For past Valentine's Day celebrations we have dined out at the Eagle's Nest at the top of the Hyatt hotel in Indianapolis, IN and the Skyline Club at the top of the One America building also in Indianapolis, IN. Mid-America rivals the Eagle's Nest for the top spot, only because the Eagle's Nest ambiance was slightly better and the 355degree rotating glass-paneled room is hard to beat. The noise level, food, and service was all definitely better than either of the other two however and the view out of limited windows was jaw-dropping. I would definitely recommend this to anyone.Special Features:
- I was here before for a groupBrettVIPDined on 2/16/2013I was here before for a group event - they had a buffet and it was amazing. Decided to go to celebrate valentines day (the saturday after) because the views are spectacular and it seemed classy. I made a reservation and was asked between the dinning room (jacket required) and the grill room (no gym shoes) - we opted for the grill room, but it seemed everyone was being sat in the same area when we arrived. People near us brought their kids, and that made it a bit noisy, but it is what it is. We ordered drinks and an appetizer. Drinks were very good. The dinner menu is fairly small. We ordered the steak, which was just steak and fries. Great steak, but for a fancy place and the price, could have been something other than fries.Special Features:
- Service was elegantly topOutoftownerDined on 2/16/2013Service was elegantly top notch and food was exquisite. Views are breath taking and ambiance was perfect for a romantic night on the town.Special Features:
- We opted for the "Formal DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/15/2013We opted for the "Formal Dining Room" and had the place (with it's great northern view) to ourselves. We got the prix fixe valentine's day menu and loved it. Got out for under a $150 for two. Any fears I had about being treated strange since we weren't members were baseless. We enjoyed great attentive service from all involved.Special Features:
- Good food, amazing service,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/12/2013Good food, amazing service, great view and a very romantic ambiance. We felt very comfortable and spent quite a bit of time enjoying the evening. It was memorable..Special Features:
- I was impressedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/5/2013I read reviews of most restaurants on Open Table before I try them out. I even use the negative reviews as a tool to address/ call the restaurant to not repeat The same. My Wife and I enjoyed the attention, the ambiance, and the food. Just like movies reviews, I learned to be my own judge. In this case, I'm glad I did.Special Features:
- The food and service wereLifesaverVIPDined on 12/26/2012The food and service were tremendous. Our server was very friendly and quite helpful. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone.Special Features:
- Great food & great view.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/21/2012Great food & great view. A little pricy, but I expect that from a place like this so it's no big deal.Special Features:
- 80th floor of the AON towerOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 12/15/201280th floor of the AON tower with a great view of the City. Simple but well prepared and presented food and outstanding wait staff.Special Features:
- We will never dine here again;OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/17/2012We will never dine here again; one of the worst dining experiences in a long time. When arriving at the building, you're essentially searched similar to an airport TSA screening, complete with ID presentation and purse search. Upon arrival to the 80th floor, there's no hostess, you have to wander around to find the restuarant. The website says 360 degree views, but only one side of the restaurant has windows. The food was well priced and average, at best. Not worth the hassle of getting in just to feel like you're eating at Friday's.
- Just an semi-exclusive club.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/17/2012Decided on a whim to try. Reserved thru open table, the restaurant promptly called back asking which if we wanted the formal dining room or the casual area. I asked for a window view, the representative commented that there are window views in both rooms, so she put is in the casual room. We were not seated by a window, although the place was practically empty, and there was a table by the window available. The menu was lacking selection. The salad was excellent, the other food, steak, lamb chops was just ok. Service was nice, but extremely slow. Took over an hour to receive our main course and 20 minutes to get the check. For nearly $100 per person, you should expect more. Should have went to a great steakhouse. I won't be back.Special Features:
- The setting is on the 80thOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/10/2012The setting is on the 80th floor of the AON building in downtown Chicago. This, naturally, leads to scenic views. Unfortunately, our table was no where near any window so no view. It would have been nice to have been given a choice. The service was on the slow side. The wait staff was pleasant but lacking a bit in professionalism. The food was quite good. It's a shame, however, that the wine list did not live up to the food. The list itself is quite sparse for a restaurant that ascribes to being upper echelon. Even worse, the two bottles I ordered were 3 years off in their vintage compared to what was written on the list.Special Features:
- Bad Day at Black RockOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 11/10/2012The place is on the skids. After much talk about a dress code, there were men in blue jeans with shirts out and no tie. The server was very nice. The desert was not edible. It was burned black and was hard as a rock. The server took it away, but what restaurant sends something like this out to customers.I would not go again or recomend it to anyone.Special Features:
- Menu is limited, but thereOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 11/3/2012Menu is limited, but there is something for everyone. Service was very good, although tip is figured into the bill.
- After we finally located theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/30/2012After we finally located the entrance, we Had to go through security and have our drivers license scanned. We were issued a badge. Getting off the elevator, it appeared we had entered someone's office, then we were led around to the restaurant. The atmosphere was cold and uninviting. We had drinks and an appetizer, which was very good, but then left to find a more welcoming place. The staff was very good.
- One of the best meals ever.OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/24/2012One of the best meals ever. Our only issue was we waited a long time for the receptionist in the lobby to even speak to us. Then she couldn't find our names on her list. She had to call the restaurant and then wait for them to send us badges so we could get into the building. When we arrived at the restaurant the hostess sat a gentlemen who walked in just before us. She then kept us waiting while she chatted with him. Fortunately the food and service made up for the first 15 minutes.
- Description on site it soundOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/20/2012Description on site it sound more vibrant...very stodgy decor. Need to do something with feel and look. Prices do not match the menu. Beautiful view but that is about it...staff was pleasant. Over 50 crowd.
- Wonderful view - delicious dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/20/2012Mid-America Club was a lovely treat. We were reminded at security that each person who is dining with the person who has made the reservation MUST be listed so that s/he can be admitted to the building. From the 80th floor, the view from our table was spectacular. We were seated, drinks were brought very quickly and no one rushed us to order. We had tenderloin of beef with a small lobster tail as well as lamb chops. The food was well prepared and attractively presented. My only comment about the food is that the lamb was slightly more cooked than I would have preferred "medium" to be. The Caesar Salad was prepared at tableside. A very nice touch and delicious. An excellent experience and one we will repeat and recommend.Special Features:
- Beautiful view of the cityOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/16/2012Beautiful view of the city from this restaurant. The food leaves a little to be desired, but not much. You'll definitely get the "members only club" feel when you're there, but it shouldn't be enough to put you off, as the staff makes you feel like you belong.Special Features:
- The best part, and why weChicagoFoodieVIPDined on 10/6/2012The best part, and why we tried it was the view, the food was decent, but nothing special. If you are into the food, this is not the place to go. We were surprised at the poor service, I asked for a glass of white wine before the shrimp appetizer came. It never showed up. When I told the waiter, he said yes, w/o any apology. There seemed as many servers as tables since the place was almost empty. The view is great and if that is what you want, go for it, but if high quality food and service are important, there are many many better choices.Special Features:
- Keystone KopjR4614Dined on 10/2/2012The ease of getting to the restaurant is lacking. By the time you get to the actual restaurant you feel like a felon.Special Features:
- Dinner with a great view!SDeniseVIPDined on 9/15/2012We dined there for our anniversary and it was perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a beautiful place.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/7/2012Perfect gem for romantic night out or celebrating a special occasion. The service was top notch, attentive but not intrusive. Beautiful location with probably the best views on any restaurant in Chicago. The menu is the perfect size and the creations from the kitchen are delicious to say the least.Special Features:
- A dinner amoungst the clouds.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/1/2012The atmosphere at the Mid America Club was very welcoming. Since me and my girlfriend chose an earlier reservation the restraunt was a little empty but we did get a corner table right by the windows. The view was magnificent, we were able to look out over the city and just see everything. The manager stopped by once to introduce himself and apologize for the weather's effect on the view, he even gave us a little free sparkling wine while we waited for our entrees. The pan seared halibut was incredible. My girlfriend went with the new york strip and absolutely loved it. The service was fast and wonderful. If we didn't have to leave we would definitly have stayed a little longer and enjoyed a great dessert or a nice hot cup of tea.Special Features:
- A Change of PacepatriotDined on 8/31/2012This once private Chicago club is opening their dining experience to the public. Gentlemen must wear jackets for dinner in the main dining room in which some of the tables have stunning views of the city and Lake Michigan. I had been to the club several times during my business career for lunch and dinner meetings. The food and service was always excellent. It was this time for dinner, although my wife and I would have liked it a little faster as we had 8 PM tickets for Blue Man Group (which was an excellent show). The menu is varied and the prices comparable to other high end restaurants.My wife had never been to the club before and she thoroughly enjoyed it. It is worth a try to see what Chicago clubs are like.Special Features:
- Mid America Club was quiteDeAbDined on 8/30/2012Mid America Club was quite good and surprisingly not stuffy. It seemed like an eternity to get in (you need a government ID and then they will call the restaurant). You are then met by a Mid America Club person where you are then led to the maitre d. I would have given the Ambiance a higher rating and the noise to "Quiet" but the lounge singer in the bar was loud and you can hear her from the otherwise very quiet main dining room. It was annoying and my guests and I commented on it.Special Features:
- Not worth going back to...OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/21/2012Good food, great view, rude staff, poor service, charged an automatic gratuity of %20. I wont be going back.Special Features: