6927 Biscayne Blvd.
Miami, FL 33138Neighborhood:
Comfort FoodPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.michysmiami.com/
- Phone: 3057592001
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday, Tuesday - Thursday: 6:00pm - 10:30pm
Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, International, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Michelle Bernstein
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area (patio only), Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Group functions and private events are available.
- Private Party Contact: Lindsey 3057592001
- Special Events: firstname.lastname@example.org
A word from Michy's
Michy's is the golden child restaurant created by husband and wife team David Martinez and Michelle Bernstein. This modern bistro located in the up and coming neighborhood of Miami’s “Upper East Side”, awakens the 69th block on gritty Biscayne Boulevard with its glowing lights and bustling energy. Chef Bernstein and her team utilize seasonal ingredients and draw upon local farmers and fisherman to create whimsical bistro dishes, a style she coins as “luxurious comfort food.” The menu is comprised of an eclectic range that includes Michelle’s Jewish-Argentinean background, classical French training and a love for all things Spain with a sprinkling of homey Italian. From Crispy Fried Poussin, to Ceviche, to Braised Short Ribs, there is literally a little something for everyone. The goal is to enjoy yourself, to enjoy every bite and to take your palate on a ride!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Michy's - Best Restaurants in MiMo ›
Michy's reviews from OpenTable diners
37 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (27)special occasion (20)romantic (19)neighborhood gem (17)notable wine list (10)hot spot (9)good for groups (2)late-night find (2)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Michy's closed!AGD35VIPDined on 9/6/2014This review is not for Michy's but is instead for Open Table. We made the reservation through Open Table, only to discover when we arrived at the restaurant that the building is abandoned. An internet search led us to discover that the restaurant has been closed since May! I tried to inform Open Table through their customer support email and received an automated reply stating that my email would not be read since Open Table does not read its customer support emails due to the high level of spam it receives. I have never had an issue with Open Table before but this situation is ridiculous.
- Last Meal at Michy'sEKMiamiVIPDined on 6/27/2014The first chapter in Michy's long and solid run as a stalwart of, and lead participant in, Miami's food movement has come to a close - the end of a great reign. I'm very sad to see it close, although excited about the New Michy's that will be opening there later this Summer. Word on the street is that Michelle will be revamping the decor and menu, and aiming for a more relaxed feel that will have appeal to younger folks, as well as the long-time loyalists. On Friday, I had one last meal there, enjoying my favorites - croquettes, short ribs, fettuccine carbonara. Michelle came by to greet us, and David, the longtime host, treated to dessert - my favorite bread pudding and baked alaska! It was a spectacular evening I'll never forget!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gonna miss Michy'sLuneraDined on 6/27/2014Made it to Michy's the night before it closed for remodeling. Can't imagine how they plan to top it because it was wonderful in everyway, as is. The duck foie gras was excellent, the ceviche was quirky but good with the popcorn, the steak frittes was just right although the bernaise was uneventful. They have an excellent staff that make you feel welcome from the moment you step in. Can't wait to see what they make of it in four months!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pedestrian!PedestrianDined on 6/25/2014What a disappointment...the food (fried chicken) was so, so, the mash potatoes was like from the grocery and the cole slaw from a deli! The waiter was surly and the parking valet insulting...
- A perfect eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/24/2014I have to thank Michelle's and the whole staff, she helped me with a wedding proposal and it was perfect!!! And the food... out of this world, simple as that. We're hoping to go again to the NEW Michy's!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Michys classic summer fried chickenritzarichDined on 6/18/2014Every year I venture to this local gem for the classic summer time all you can eat fried chicken fix and it never fails! The only negative thing I can say is I miss the Korean style fried chicken option. The overall food and service is excellent as always. I have a raspberry 75 cocktail which I will definitely recommend as a pairing option. Great summertime, refreshing and fitting drink choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never fails to please.WineOClockDined on 6/13/2014Michey's has always been a Miami favorite for my wife and I. Going to Fried Chicken night with our friends next. We can't wait to see version 2.0Special Features:
- Great DinnerPattyDined on 6/11/2014Great dinner. We will miss having Michy's around and look forward to the new restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Famous Fried chickenrxpoeDined on 6/11/2014Love the fried chicken (and I'm not a big fried chicken fan). The mash potatoes were the best that I've ever tasted. Biscuits with honey on top are something I need to learn to make. And, the bread pudding for dessert was a nice surprise.Special Features:
- BEST FRIED CHICKEN!jesolivaDined on 6/11/2014We went for the Wednesday - Fried Chicken special! This is the third time at Michy's and our server was very slow compared to the other times we have visited. He was still kind and respectful. We were a party of 8, our reservation was at 8:30 and we didn't leave until 10:50... way too long. The food was amazing. I had the Baked Alaska for dessert. I have a sweet tooth and it was perfection! I know Michy's is closing June 28th and I hope to make it back before then. If not, I will definitely be back for the re-opening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Standard faircazmanDined on 5/31/2014Scallops had little flavor .Tasted too much citrus. Rib eye was good. Brownie was average.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over HypedPerfectpandemicDined on 5/31/2014The food and drinks here were average tasting with an above average price tag. The tables were so close together you could not help overhearing your neighbors conversation even if they were whispering and you had to "sneak" to the side to get into a table... ridiculously close. The wait staff was excellent. I would not recommend this restaurant and I really wanted to enjoy it; I see the chef's television show and she is quite charming.
- Please open soon!jesolivaDined on 5/28/2014I am so sad that Michy's is closing for renovations. I have been several times before and I am never disappointed. The food as always was perfect. We went for the Wednesday's Fried Chicken. We do this every year. They were out of the dessert that came with the prefixed meal and we were able to pick one of our choice. I had the Baked Alaska. I have a sweet tooth and it was perfection. I will say we came with a party of 8 and it took a long time to receive our food and the bill. We understand it was a large party but we all had the same thing expect the dessert and drinks. I can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- The following 1459 reviews are from the Michy's reviews archive.
- Not her finest hourEscostealthDined on 5/21/2014Given Ms. Bernstein's experience and expertise I thought our experience at Michy's was rather flat and pedestrian, both in service and food. The only positively noteworthy dish was the goat cheese/prosciutto croquette. Everything else was truly boring and not worth mentioning. I truly would recommend spending less time on TV but bringing excitement and quality back to Michy's.
- Michy's will be missednsfrrbVIPDined on 5/21/2014Despite its imminent closing (temporarily, we can hope) both service and food we excellent. The staff are professionals in every sense, and the kitchen consistently produces well-prepared and interesting dishes. Even a temporary closing will be loss for the Miami dining scene; make your reservations now!Special Features:
- cool and creativeBoboDined on 5/16/2014Lovely atmosphere, and innovative food combinations: the watermelon with greek salad worked surprisingly well, but, although the pasta in the seafood pasta was perfectly al dente, the seafood sauce packed none of the traditional punch of a good bouillabaisse, and for me, a little sweet. Will definitively be back, though, the creativity, ambiance, and service treat the customer very well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SandiVIPDined on 5/16/2014Gourmet cooking at its best. Tuna tartar was on the menu for this eve and so glad we ordered it. A beautiful seasoned and generous portion of high grade tuna served with crispy chips. A must have. As for the entrees, we tried the juicy steak with mountain of fries, the tasty salmon and the very moist snapper cooked in salt. Can't go wrong with any of these selections. Great cooking all around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Mother's Day DinnerMiamiMomVIPDined on 5/11/2014We dined at Michy's with my parents and 3-year old son and had a wonderful experience. Prompt and friendly service, patient with the little ones, excellent food and wine. A little pricey but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice evening as alwaysRoddyDined on 5/3/2014Perfect. Great food, great service, beautiful space. That's all that matters. The carbonara is the absolute best and they allow a half portion of this dish which for me is the perfect amount. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just go.mikeDined on 5/3/2014You really can't do better for a special occasion or just wanting a very good meal in an exceptional restaurant. Words are a waste of time. Just go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a wonderful celebrationSusanDined on 5/3/2014We celebrated my son's 30th birthday last Saturday night at Michy's. We were greeted and welcomed upon arrival and seated immediately. The waiters were knowledgeable and answered all of our questions. And the food was superb!! I would recommend!!Special Features:
- Muchas Felicidades MichelleFelicidadesDined on 4/26/2014Soy Fortunata Goncalves, te visite desde Venezuela luego de ver repetidamente tus programas de TV, fui a tu restaurant lo cual cumplió con todas mis expectativas y mucho mas...Tu comida es excelente, tu restaurant majestuoso. Por demás me sentí muy complacida por tu personal atención y maravillosas recomendaciones. Admiro mucho tu pasión por la cocina, la comparto y espero volver pronto a deleitarme con tu excelente menú. Muchos Cariños . Fortunata.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JellyfishDined on 4/26/2014Great atmosphere, very classy. They even have a 'guys' plate... steak and fries! I took my wife for her birthday based on a recommendation by someone who knows about food and my wife loved it. She was surprised I knew about fancy stuff like this.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- it was perfectdeliciousDined on 4/20/2014we are neighbors, we live at the Palm Bay Towers so we walk to Michy's and back; most convenientSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PassGoodfoodDined on 4/18/2014I was completely disappointed. The food was mediocre. For the price, I have had a lot better with a better ambiance and then some. The decor is outdated and in desperate need of change. The first thing that caught my nose was the smell of mildew not food. The chair had torn upholstery and appeared to be like that for some time. My chair was wobbly and was given my drink in a chipped glass. The food was okay not too impressive. I have had better at other neighborhood restaurants. I think the restaurant is rated high due to the Michelle Bernstein name. Its far from good. The service was the only high point.Special Features:
- Loved it !ChocolateladyDined on 4/6/2014The food was delicious. Truly homemade and seasoned to perfection. Service was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointedEddieDined on 4/5/2014The ambience and food to top tier. The staff are exceptional and we choose to drive 40 miles just for dinner. Even mile is worth itSpecial Features:
- OK meal. Not a destination place.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/29/2014My wife and I have heard about Michy's for a while. The reviews and press have been fantastic for Michelle Bernstein's jewel of a restaurant. We went down to Miami and we were diss-appointed. The food was good, not great. With the restaurant's reputation and her reputation, we expected better. We've had better meals at other places near our home in Delray or Boca. Beet salad was tasty, gnocchi with lamb meatballs was OK, but seemed plain and my wife's fish was too salty. The little restaurant is a cute small place. The decor is funky and nice, but the large curtain of white needs to be more colorful. The tables were a little too close and we could hear the guests next to us clearly. Wished we had a great meal. Maybe next time.
- Beautiful decor, Ok foodMickv2Dined on 3/26/2014The decor was beautiful. The food was underwhelming. I was waiting to be impressed. A dinner for 2 $120 I don't have a problem with spending good money on a meal. As long as the food is great. But it wasn't. Not one good thing to say about anything I ate. I'm really not trying to bash the place. I thought it would be special took my wife for our 5th year anniversary. The only thing she thought was good was her fries. Blue collar is right down the street and she kept asking me to leave and go there instead.
- Excellent Food and ServiceMarianneTVIPDined on 3/25/2014There are two stars of this show... the food and the service. My husband said the duck confit was the best thing he has ever eaten. Our server was truly a stand-out. Desserts were fabulous. The location is a little out of the way for tourists staying in Miami Beach but we felt it was worth the trip. Michy's is about 1.5 miles from the design district heading north.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our date with michyVonnDined on 3/25/2014My husband and I decided to try out michys after I read reviews on line. Our waiter rashawn was wonderful! He was polite, attentive, and knowledgeable about all the menu items. We decided to do the chef's tasting menu. I'm glad we chose it because it allowed us to taste multiple menu items in smaller portions. We even tailored it to not include meat or pork as I do not eat either. The only thing I didn't like was not being ble to choose dessert. We were given apple pie and bread pudding and I do not like either of those. Overall it was a nice dining experience.Special Features:
- Long Live the Queen!MikeHDined on 3/22/2014Great food, service and ambiance! Holding up exceedingly well to the great, new dining competition Miami has to offer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow!cookinglawyerVIPDined on 3/21/2014This was one of the best meals I ever had. The food was perfectly prepared, the portions more than adequate & the service attentive without being overbearing. Although the neighborhood leaves something to be desired, Michy's is a diamond in the rough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cosas que cambiarDianitaDined on 3/20/2014Realmente me encanto el resto,la comida muy buena y la atención igual,les critico la forma de servir el menú de pasos,estoy acostumbrada,cuando es menú de pasos a cantidades chicas ,de a una por vez y a que vengan servidas en platos diferentes,me parece la mejor forma de disfrutar,aquí ,todo es en grandes cantidades,tres platos a la vez sobre la mesa,no sabes que comer primero,lo caliente se enfría y la mesa es un caos,es tanta la cantidades que cuando se llega al postre no quedan mas deseos de comer y es una lastima,porque la comida es buenísima y de primera calidad,solo que a mi gusto esta mal servida por lo demás,el ambiente buenísimo,la decoración preciosa y el personal muy simpático y eficienteSpecial Features:
- small portions, overpricedBoneDogDined on 3/20/2014Food was decent but portions were extremely small for the price. left feeling still hungrySpecial Features:
- Ok, not great.Omw09Dined on 3/19/2014For appetizer, I had the duck confit. The dressing on the salad was too sour and the main course steak frites was very salty. I guessed the "real chef" had the day off. Overall very disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeThepenmanDined on 3/13/2014First time back in a few years. We made a res the nite before. Food was very good. Not the biggest menu. Each course had just enough choices to make me happy. Fried oysters with scallop app was really good. I had a seafood pasta that didn't look like a large portion but I was contempt after I are it. But that didn't stop me from finishing g my wife's short rib and tasting my Alaskan cream pie that was "to die for"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OUTSTANDING ALL AROUND!LinzDined on 3/8/2014I've been to this restaurant time and time again and the delicious food and excellent service are always top-notch! With the menu constantly changing, it's easy to fall in love with Michy's over and over again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but dated and tiredDavidDined on 3/4/2014Great food but dated and tired decor. Now that Michelle is in only location, it needs to be first rate. Torn seat cushions and chipped paint are not what we expect. Either move to a better location or update this one. Our vote is a move since not very busy for midweek and this kind of restaurant needs more turns on its tables.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The appeal of Michy's is thesharfieDined on 2/22/2014The appeal of Michy's is the food. The restaurant is quite small with poor ambience. Rushed service was my experience, as I ordered two appetizers (tuna tartar and salad) and the short ribs. Food was presented very simply, and I was out in under 1 hour. Wine list is at best mediocre. If you are 100% about the food, then it is great, but if you require a bit of the experience, as I do, then skip this.