1583 Virginia Avenue
College Park, GA 30337Neighborhood:
Airport / College Park
BarbecuePrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.michons.com/
- Phone: 4047667770
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm, Lunch: Sunday - Thursday: 11:00am - 3:00pm, Saturday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 1:00am, Sunday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southern, Barbecue
- Executive Chef: Terrence Mims
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: When quality and service make a difference, Michon"s really makes sense! Our Place or Yours... Our banquet facility seats up to 70 people. Larger groups have the option of using the adjoining space within the restaurant. Use of the banquet facility includes standard table linen, buffet service, and table centerpieces. Other available upgrade options include colorful linens, decoration themes, audiovisuals, or alternate room arrangements. Our banquet and catering staff is talented, flexible, and eager to please our clients.
- Entertainment: Daily our guests are entertained with the sounds of LIVE or recorded jazz, classic soul and gospel music; sports TV"s, dancing, and other special events. Please refer to our website for our LIVE ENTERTAINMENT SCHEDULE.
A word from Michon's Smokehouse
Established in 1990, A St. Louis combination started by Al Wilson that is truly fantastic! The Wilson Family present their tradition of culinary delights, friendly atmosphere, and cool jazz entertainment. Smoked meats are seasoned to perfection and cooked the old fashioned way, "Slooooooooow". Meats are seasoned with Michon's own special blend of herbs and spices. Michon’'s has become known for its consistently good homemade foods and particularly its smoked wings, a truly unique taste. The restaurant is classified under several categories: upscale dining, barbecue, sports bar, soul food, soulful gourmet, supper club, etc. The menu extends from southern comfort foods to the inclusion of smoked salmon, steaks, pasta Alfredo dishes, gourmet salads and desserts ‘to die for’. Guests are entertained with the sounds of live or recorded jazz, classic soul and gospel music; sports TV’s, dancing, and other special events.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Michon's Smokehouse reviews from OpenTable diners
- A true GemOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/10/2012Great Food and ambiance, without $$$city pricesses!Special Features:
- Overall the food was good,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/3/2012Overall the food was good, but the dessert was awful. The Red Velvet Keylime Cheesecake, was served to me, and I kid you not it was served with melted whipcream, and it had absolutely no taste. They were out of everything, I would not recommend this restaurant nor would I be going back anytime soon.Special Features:
- Let me say I visited thisOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/22/2012Let me say I visited this restaurant because of a musician I saw at an outside venue. I looked this musician up online and noticed he had a regular gig at Michon's on Sunday nights. His name is Milkshake - fantastic musician - and if nothing else he is worth going to Michon's. I had the smoked wings, mac and cheese, sweet potato casserole and cornbread. I did enjoy the food and the restaurant itself is beautiful. Our waiter was a nice young man but slow especially with bringing beverages. Also the 2 different desserts we requested weren't available. I drove an hour to try this restaurant and I am not sure I would try them again, but I would recommend Milkshake!
- I was expecting more fromWallgaVIPDined on 6/24/2012I was expecting more from this restaurant. They had a large crowd and we had to wait a long time before being served. The total coordination of the restaurant was off. We were told the food was worth the wait and I am not sure it was. Michon's has great potential but I think I will wait until I see better reviews.
- Too noisy. The large tableOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/3/2012Too noisy. The large table should not be in the middle of the room with the smaller tables. That made it difficult to listen to the musician. The meats are great, service was poor. The waitress just disappeared on us. If I return, it will not be anytime soon. Too far to travel for such poor service.Special Features:
- Fall off the bone food, theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/23/2012Fall off the bone food, the chicken wings are smoked just right. Great tasteSpecial Features:
- Good points - The food isOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 5/20/2012Good points - The food is good and traditionally southern. The Smoked meats are incredible and well seasoned. The ambiance is suitable for families and there is a Southern charm to the place. Bad points - the Sunday evening staff was overwhelmed. It was graduation weekend - for which the staff should have been prepared based on their reservations alone. It was only after I complained (waited an hour for food) that the management called "all hands". Things improved then. Just be sure to inform the restaurant if you have a large group and question whether they will be adequately staffed. The live music is nice - but can be too loud. Dinner is a time when people converse, music should not overwhelm the ambiance.
- The service was very slow,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/20/2012The service was very slow, out of complete in sets of dishes, ended buffet an hour early because they had no chaffing dishes for a party that came in. Food was reheated and dry! You would think that being revamped on tv it would have been different ...NOT THE CASE!
- Catered Service on a Busy Day!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/13/2012My family of 7 enjoyed a wonderful outing at Michon's for Mother's Day! Our reservation was for 11:45am for 5 adults and needed 2 children's high chairs. When 11:45am approached we unfortunately were running late for our reservation and surprisinly received a phone call from Michon's to see if we were still coming! The hostess graciously moved our time for 30 extra minutes and when we arrived, she walked us straight in to our table where the high chairs were in waiting at the table too! Even though it was one of the busiest days of the year for a restaurant they still catered to us! Let's not forget the FOOD! It was DELICIOUS! Great brunch buffet of southern classics and some with a twist!! My husband loved the Smoked Wings!!Special Features:
- a nice find in an area thatdlhrVIPDined on 4/23/2012a nice find in an area that is low on great choices!Special Features:
- 3 Chicken Wings..$13. Enough Said!Taron35Dined on 4/21/2012Michon's was very average to say the least, but yet, WAY overpriced! 3 whole chicken wings...$13! A Cesar salad with nothing added, $9! I made reservations and upon arrival the only options were to sit at the bar (next to the Sat night DJ) or sit outside! What kind of reservation is that? We reluctantly sat outside, where there is a lovely view of a busy Virginia Ave. and a beautifully well manicured CEMETERY! Overall the service was sub par, there was large bday party on the patio area of about 15-20 people, and they were VERY LOUD. The food is also nothing to write home about. I'd advise you to only go for lunch, but not definitely for not dinner. The building is nice, but other than that..ambiance, service, food, and value...C- best.
- Hidden TreasureFamilyDinersDined on 3/25/2012Food and service are excellent! I am never disappointed!Special Features:
- The food is great, but theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/10/2012The food is great, but the service there is horrible. This is my 3rd visit & the service has remained consistenly poor. The hostess (thin light skinned young lady) is rude and impatient. She needs some training on how to deal with impatient customers. The ppl kept asking her how long is there wait and she seemed very annoyed by this same question on EACH of my visits. I heard her tell one customer she can't go see if his table is available because she are CONSTANTLY asking her how long there wait is? Uggh DUH, that comes with your job lady!!! Learn how to politely calm these customers down a lose the attitude. Once we were seated it took 15 mins for somewhen to take our drink order and 15 more to get the food order, hence to long waits!!!!Special Features:
- ttOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/9/2012The setting was nice but the food took too long to come out. The waitress rarely came back to offer refills on our drinks. The band is the best thing that the restaurant has and they were not playing. We wete told that the dj was a no show.Communication is not the best between the day and night staff.Special Features:
- Hmmmm..... Maybe not!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/9/2012The service was marginal and so was the food. Will not return or recommend.Special Features:
- From beginning to end, I enjoyedOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/5/2012From beginning to end, I enjoyed my experience at Michon's. The waitress/server was a delight. Her entree recommendation of the Beef Brisket was tender and delicious. My three dinner guests enjoyed their chicken and rib tips. The jazz music in the background was pleasurable.Special Features:
- We were there to evaluateOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/4/2012We were there to evaluate the music. It and the food was great. I cannot wait to go backSpecial Features:
- The food was great. Was aOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/2/2012The food was great. Was a little nervous going after seeing them on Kitchen Nightmares, but it looks like they have redeemed themselves!!! Best BBQ I have had in a long time!Special Features:
- (RUN AND GET THERE)OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/2/2012This was my first time ever in the doors of this place and the bottom line is (WOW)!!!!! WE WILL BE BACK AND VERY VERY SOON.Special Features:
- Went with a group of friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/11/2012Went with a group of friends for the first time attending this restaurant and we had a blast. Great music, food and service.Special Features:
- The food here was good asOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/11/2012The food here was good as noted on other reviews, but not soooo good that it impressed. I was unexpectedly surpised by the taste of the steak, not dry at all like I was expecting for the price. I was hoping the setting was more romantic for Valentine's weekend, but it was mostly loud groups with kids. Good for lunch or hanging with friends, but not intimate at all.Special Features:
- Michon's was down a serverOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/8/2012Michon's was down a server the night I went so the service was slightly slow... but the food was really good.Special Features:
- I have been to this spot 3OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/4/2012I have been to this spot 3 times now and loved it every time the service gets better and better every time I come there. I have always recommended this spot to friends from other cities and will continue to do so. I give this spot 5 stars for service, atmosphere, music, the great staff that has always been a pleasure to interact with. It would be safe to say Michons is one of the best in Atlanta, and is reasonably priced.Special Features:
- Not really sure it was labeledJamilaDined on 1/29/2012Not really sure it was labeled Sunday "brunch" when there was only one brunch item on the buffett? Also, not sure why a Smokehouse would have lasagne as their "signature" buffet dish?? It was mediocre at best. The smoked wings were awesome--and the true signature dish if you ask me! The catfish (when hot) was pretty good too.Special Features:
- The food and service wereOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 1/24/2012The food and service were excellent. We were seated immediately upon our arrival. I would definitely recommend them.
- AWESOME! AWESOME! AWESOME!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/22/2012I have a great time, great food, live Jazz band. This was on a Sunday at 8pm, Everthing was SPECTACULAR!!!!! Very excited about my next trip there.
- Barbecue Joint with Loud MusicKate2abbyVIPDined on 1/22/2012Great location near the airport. Friendly service and great barbecue. We saw the restaurant on Gordon Ramsey's show and they have obviously implemented all his suggestions.Special Features:
- They were overwhelmed andMikeyGVIPDined on 1/15/2012They were overwhelmed and had to wait 30 minutes after seating for a server to come by. They ran out of most of the food items.
- The macaroni and cheese isOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/14/2012The macaroni and cheese is amazing. The wings are great, but don't eat too many as the smoky spice can become overbearing. It was perfectly done as the bones pulled right out. We had to wait a little, but I believe that it was because they were swamped. We drove from Cobb and will return if we are in the neighborhood, but won't likely return just to eat.Special Features:
- Food was good but it tookcrsb11VIPDined on 1/2/2012Food was good but it took a long time to get our food. This was the second time we dined at Michon's with same experience. They were out of mashed potatoes and ranch dressing.
- The Best Kept Southside SecretOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/30/2011A friend recommended Michon's a great spot to have my husband's 50th birthday party and it was perfect! The food was a great blend of many Southern favorites. I had never imagined so many tasty entre' options for turkey. Our server was very attentive especially considering we were a party of more than 20! And the charged atmosphere with both a DJ and a live band made for a great way to make room for dessert by doing the "Wobble" on the dance floor. I will definately visit again and I would gladly recommend it to anyone.Special Features:
- Office lunch at Michon's waskendrick519Dined on 12/28/2011Office lunch at Michon's was awesome. Great food for a great price.Special Features:
- poor customer serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/24/2011I made this reservations two weeks prior to me coming, it was my mom's birthday who is a senior, my reservations was for 5:00 pm I received a phone call from the resturant at 2:00 pm that they would be closing at 6 pm and would be unable to accept my reservation. This was very unprofessional, the phone call should have come much sooner so that I would have been able to make other or even earlier arrangements, I was unable to take my mom out on her birthday, this was not just a regular get together but a special occasion, even so there was no other offer to accomdate another time..... poor business
- Ribs worth the wait!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/16/2011My group of four hungry men started ordering the smoked chicken wings and catfish bites as soon as we sat down. Fortunately they came fast and hot and helped us forget that we'd waited almost 45 minutes for a table even though we had a reservation. Shouldn't have been surprised that a Friday night during the holidays would have the place packed with large groups celebrating Christmas. I avoided Michon's for some time because the service was shabby. Not any more! Our server was fast, attentive, and made sure to get it right! She brought heaping plates of ribs with amazing macaroni & cheese, greens, and sweet potato souffle as sides. No one was disappointed. Yes, the music was very, very loud but it drowned out all the lip smacking so oSpecial Features:
- I had been coming to Michon'sOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/16/2011I had been coming to Michon's for about a year now - on and off. Yet, I'd never brought my staff. It was the perfect spot. They raved about the food and the service. I appreciated the warmth given from the greeter as we arrived.I'll be bringing more groups and recommending it to others.Special Features:
- Birthday Drag!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 12/13/2011It was my husband's birthday on Dec 13th and a friend suggested this place. Unfortunately, we came for lunch during an office party and they were extremely loud! We moved from the booth to the high top tables in the bar area and the ambience of sitting in a booth was lost. The waitress wasn't very attentive. She took forever to refill my sweet tea and I drank most of my husband's by the time she finally did. The food came out lukewarm, my biggest pet peeve! I had smoked wings which were tasty just not hot to the touch. My husband had the brisket dip sandwich and fries all was cold and tough. We did appreciate the waitress "remaking" my husband's French Connection drink, she used Crown Royal instead of Hennessey. Willing to try for dinner.Special Features:
- KayOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/3/2011I wouldn't recommend doing a large party. Not sure if the restaurant is equipped for that. The waiter never checked on us. He only came to our table when he took our order, brought the food out & gave us our check. The food was cold, several orders were wrong, we had to asked for refills multiple times and no apologies. I'm not real sure if it was the restaurant or just a bad waiter. Our server could not handle the large crowd. I don't think he said I'm sorry one time. I think it would be a nice place to go on a date. I am willing to try it again but only with a couple of people.Special Features:
- GREAT Experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/25/2011Great ambiance, delicious food, and friendly service. I went specifically to see my favorite band Trina Mashell and Acoustic Swagg perform but found a great place that I will definitely visit again!Special Features:
- My first Thanksgiving out.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/24/2011I was pleased with the server, facility and food. Location is convenient; however the view of the cemetery was not appealing. I will visit again in the future. They have the best wings.Special Features:
- Worth the trip!NatinATLDined on 11/23/2011Enjoyed Michon's quite a bit. Service was very friendly. Enjoyed the ribs and brisket the most, but everything was good. We don't live in the area but it was worth the trip!Special Features: