Michoacan Gourmet Mexican Restaurant
7870 W Tropical Pkwy
Las Vegas, NV 89149-4568Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
Michoacan Gourmet Mexican Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.michoacanlv.com/
- Phone: 7023854636x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Sunday - Thursday: 10:00am - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday:10:00am - 11:00pm
Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 3:00pm
Lunch: Daily: 10:00am - 5:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 10:00am - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 10:00am - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Regional Mexican, Mexican
- Executive Chef: Wasny del Aguila
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: We customize your catering party with your favorite items from our regular menu to meet your budget needs. Catering from 10 to 700 people.
- Private Party Facilities: Our Patzcuaro room will accommodate up to 40 guests.
Our enclosed patio will accommodate up to 70 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Mark 7023854636x
- Entertainment: Live Keyboard/Vocalist Sunday, Wednesday, Thursday & Friday Evening. Live Mariachi Band Saturday Evening.
A word from Michoacan Gourmet Mexican Restaurant
Michoacan Gourmet Mexican Restaurant Authentically Mexican, Seriously Good. We make our 14 sauces daily using only the freshest ingredients.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Michoacan Gourmet Mexican Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
15 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (9)great for lunch (9)neighborhood gem (9)kid-friendly (8)good for groups (7)great for brunch (7)romantic (6)fit for foodies (5)great for outdoor dining (3)hot spot (3)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- BrunchFoodmattersDined on 8/31/2014Brunch did not meet expectations, poor selection of food, food did not have authentic flavor.
- If you want to leave happy. Go hereLuv2dineDined on 8/29/2014This is, by far, our favorite place to eat. Guacamole is, by far the best around. Carr Asada burrito and taco had so much meat in them. It was too hot in there tonight.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this restaurantLuv2dineDined on 8/20/2014Definetly our favorite place to eat. Never had anything that wasn't fresh. Except Wednesday night. The chips tasted old and mealy. However, the server quickly brought us new chips. The new ones were fine. Had a server in training, got excellent service!Special Features:
- Love it!Luv2dineDined on 8/12/2014The best place ever! We love it. Great menu, incredible food, fabulous service, great location. Everything about the restaurant is the best, too quality. We eat here at least once a week. Our favorite spot!Special Features:
- Best place in Vegas to eat!!Luv2dineDined on 8/10/2014Truly best place to eat. Service is great, the food fantastic. The menu is so large, it's hard to pick what you want. Then you eat it, it then becomes your favorite and it's hard to choose something else, but you have to, then you don't want to change again...the cycle just keeps on going. Our very favorite dining experience. Been there many times, will be 2 times in 3 days this week!Special Features:
- My favorite restaurantAWESOMEDined on 8/9/2014We just moved here 2 months ago and have visited this awesome restaurant 3 times already. Its our favorite place to eat. Excellent Mexican cuisine and comfortable atmosphere.Special Features:
- Brunch and servicebadstuffDined on 6/15/2014Brunch was horrible, we initially went for Fathers day brunch, and arrived at Noon, none of the items were replenished and the items that were looked old, such as brown guacamole. We felt why eat old food, and also nothing was out to review, So we decided to eat off the menu, food took a while , for a restaurant that was not very full and the atmosphere seemed like an unorganized mess. I frequent this place often for dinner, and its since been going down hill , getting worse each time.. I will not be back.Special Features:
- The following 48 reviews are from the Michoacan Gourmet Mexican Restaurant reviews archive.
- Wow Can They COOKpittsburg1n14Dined on 5/17/2014I Had The GREATEST Carnita's I Have EVER Tasted...The Drinks are HUGE...Love This Place...My New Fav Mexican RestaurantSpecial Features:
- Just simply Awesone!!!JallradDined on 5/2/2014The menu was great, the good was great. Portions were large. Service was very good. Seems as ownership takes care of their people as you can tell everyone was happy at their place of work. Seemed like a family atmosphere. Really great place, highly recommend!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful mexican cusineVegasmamaDined on 4/20/2014As always Lindo was above average..Coming from So. Cali It is as close to home Mexican food . Th service is always friendly and prompt.Special Features:
- Michoacan Mexican RestauranttlewDined on 4/12/2014Great Mexican dishes and lots of it. Bring your appetites. We were pleased with our orders and extra good service. We will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good if you are in a hurrykonakidDined on 4/12/2014Food was good but comes out of the kitchen perhaps a little too fast. We had barely received our soup when our main dishes arrived. We did feel a little rushed, it was a Saturday evening, perhaps it would be better on a weeknight. Seating area is quite crowded so noise level is high.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Birthday Sunday BrunchaicatDined on 4/6/2014Our party of six good friends enjoyed a wonderful brunch. Food was spectacular, margaritas tasty and service outstanding. I especially loved the birthday entertainment by staff. It was voted a best experience by all of us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Mexican food!HappyFamilyDined on 4/5/2014This place really captures the atmosphere of a traditional Mexican restaurant. They were very quick to refill chips and dip and the food was outstanding. They also offer a Sunday brunch with bottomless margaritas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Much FunDannieDined on 3/28/2014Great food, live music, service was excellent, and friendly staff!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as usualOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/28/2014We eat here maybe 9 times a year and usually have a wonderful time. The food is always great and the service outstanding. This time however the service was very poor from one of the waiters. Certainly not what I have come to expect from Michoacan. I almost got the impression that he was brand new and maybe had never worked in food service before. Hopefully he will get better. The food as always is top notch.Special Features:
- What happened?MoliciousDined on 3/19/2014Ok , I am in the customer service(manager). This past Wednesday had been a long one at work. So a co-worker and I decided we needed to unwind and the very place that came to mind was MICHOACAN ! We had been there once before and knew the drinks were awesome as was the food AND service... so we get there and were met by the hostess man who was great, and he sat us by the bar. Jose was great !!!!!!!! We got a couple of happy hour specials a few drinks , some tableside guac. and just enjoyed the restaurant staff and food. We need that. What we DIDNT need was the way that the busser came trying to rush us along!! Ok so is there a time limit somehwhere that we didn't see?? Or was it because happy hour was over that we were being pushed out?Special Features:
- Great Authentic Mexican FoodLeeGDined on 3/7/2014One of our favorite Mexican Restaurants. Michocan can be as authentic as you want it to be. Love the Fideo SoupSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Looking for great MexicanKPSMDined on 2/25/2014The guacamole is one of the best I have ever had. It was made live at the table. Large portions and quick service.Special Features:
- Impresionante la comidaImpresionanteDined on 2/15/2014I don't eat Mexican food very often, but when I do, it's at The Michoacan Gourmet Mexican Restaurant . Without a doubt the best Mexican food I have ever consumed. The entire experience was outstanding. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellentJenniferDined on 1/31/2014Greatest Mexican food in Vegas, and exceptional service!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced, Stingy w/CheeseDaveDVIPDined on 1/24/2014First let me say this is Mexican food. The same food you get anywhere else. For $60 (2 entrees, 2 ice tea, 1 appetizer, no alcohol, no desert) I would expect high quality ingredients. Its the same as you get at On the Boarder for twice the price. They are really stingy with cheese. They don't bring it with chips so we ordered the $9 queso. It was a bowl with melted Monterrey jack, not queso dip. The speakers were loud and broken, so they made terrible noises all night. Stay out of this place.
- Food great, service not so muchbug1Dined on 1/5/2014We have eaten here many times. Food was very good - as usual - sadly service was not very good this visit. We had ordered black beans - but all plates had the basic re-fried beans. When pointed out to the server he did bring out the black beans. As to drinks - was never asked if we would like to have refills or order another round - had to actually flag down a server to request both. No waiter - ever check with us during the meal - if there was anything else that we would like. The same happened with deserts - no one came to check to see if we would like to order desert - again a server had to be flagged down to place the order. But the staff were quick with the billing after the desert was served - and never asked if all was well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MichoacantlewDined on 1/4/2014Michoacan Mexican Restaurant is your best in Summerlin for delicious, fresh Mexican food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 12/28/13pittsburg1n14Dined on 12/28/2013THE Best Mexican food In LAS VEGAS...Breaking away from the Lindo chains was the BEST MOVE the Owners Made..The Food is by far BETTER then before they went on their own...You Can feel the LOVE in every bite...Thank You for making The move..We were regulars before , but now with new Owners ,Staff the SERVICE, Food, EVERY THING is BETTER....GOOD JOBSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cenando fuera de casaOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/6/2013La comida es exelente El servicio exelente lo recomiendo aapliamente muy limpioSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top 5 in VegasPrietosDined on 10/20/2013From the moment you walk in you ~ feel the food ! It feel's like home ! Outstanding service ! Great place for Sunday Brunch !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Smooth Mixture of Perfection !!!Dad1Dined on 9/15/2013Great People, Great Service, Great Atmosphere, and Great Food ! All blended to a smooth mixture of Perfection !!! I have never been anywhere else that makes me feel this good about eating out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love This Placepittsburg1n14Dined on 8/17/2013EVERY Time We Dine Here It is special...We have tied most of the LARGE menu. Every thing on it is GREATSpecial Features:
- Sunday BrunchLVGirlDined on 8/4/2013Great Sunday Brunch. Ceviche and margaritas. Yum. Live music started at noon which is a bonus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Although I have been to thisGirlsLunchOutDined on 5/19/2013Although I have been to this restaurant for dinner and lunch before, this was my first time to try the Sunday Brunch. They had a wide variety of entrees to choose from and they were all delicious. The special treat was that they served pan dulce for dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the bestStevemDined on 5/17/2013My wife and I have eaten at Mexican and Tex-Mex places throughout the Southwest. This is one of the very best. Each person in our party of 4 ordered something different and each of us were more than pleased. My grilled fish tacos were fixed to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TomTomasDined on 5/12/2013I found the restaurant rather restrictive in space. We did not like the small back room. The food was ok but catered more to gringo taste. Prefer the Michoacan location at Twain and Decatur.
- 8 of us dined. My food andOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/12/20138 of us dined. My food and my husband's food was just about the worst Mexican food I've ever had. My daughter & her husband and their kids (2 teenagers, a 6 yr & 2 yr old) enjoyed the food. Since the objective was to take them out to dinner, I was ok with the experience. The servers were all very nice but the service was very poor. When we asked the regular server for water & chips, it never came. The most responsive of the servers was the young man who provided the water, chips & dip. When we asked him for something, it came immediately.Special Features:
- We went for the Easter lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/31/2013We went for the Easter lunch - reservation made so seating was prompt. We tried the buffet and the food was very good. The dessert selection could have been better. Service was excellent!Special Features:
- Nice mex placeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/31/2013Very enjoyable. Food and service where great. Restaurant decorated very nicely.Special Features:
- Worth the Drive!SCopraDined on 3/28/2013We drove quite a distance to get there and was not disappointed! Everything was great and the place was packed, but you couldn't tell by the service.Special Features:
- Got in right away on a FridayOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/15/2013Got in right away on a Friday night which was great, were seated outside which I didn't mind due to the nice weather. BUT, we were seated next to a large and noisy party, and probably a foot away from anther table. We were way to close to other people so our date night turned into not being able to even hear the other person talking.
- A bargain for the qualityImpresionanteDined on 2/17/2013A bargain for the quality of the food served. Best in Vegas!!Special Features:
- Perhaps because it was Valentine'sfoodielvVIPDined on 2/14/2013Perhaps because it was Valentine's Day the kitchen was overwhelmed - the Tortilla Soup was extremely salty and the chef did not cook off the tequila in the Tequila Lime Chicken. Overall, the food was disappointing; however, the service was very good. The one bright side was the Passion Margarita.