Michel's at the Colony Surf
2895 Kalakaua Avenue
Honolulu, HI 96815Neighborhood:
Contemporary FrenchPrice: $50 and over
Michel's at the Colony Surf
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.michelshawaii.com/
- Phone: 8089236552
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Reservation Times: Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 9:30PM
Brunch Reservations: First Sunday of Every Month: 10:00am - 1:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, Contemporary French
- Executive Chef: Eberhard Hardy Kintscher
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: The combination of food, service, ambiance and view make for an unforgettable event.
- Private Party Facilities: We have several rooms we can use as private areas. It ranges from 12 - 150 people based on availability.
- Private Party Contact: Amber 8087283463
- Entertainment: Nightly: Sunday - Thursday 6:30pm - 9:30pm
Friday - Saturday 6:30pm - 10:00pm
Two time Grammy award winner Jeff Peterson calls Michel's home on Thursday, Friday and Saturday's when he is home in Hawaii.
A word from Michel's at the Colony Surf
Come and experience French fine-dining cuisine at its best at Hawaii's premier ocean front restaurant, voted "Most Romantic Restaurant" by "The Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous" on Oahu's Gold Coast.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Michel's at the Colony Surf - Best Restaurants in Honolulu ›
Michel's at the Colony Surf reviews from OpenTable diners
103 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
romantic (84)special occasion (84)scenic view (84)fit for foodies (43)notable wine list (38)great for outdoor dining (19)neighborhood gem (18)good for groups (10)kid-friendly (8)great for brunch (8)great for lunch (6)hot spot (4)late-night find (4)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- superb food, ambience and servicemikesblocalDined on 9/21/2014my wife and i love the location and food. this is our go to special occasion restaurant. the best Chef in Honolulu. foie gras speciality.Special Features:
- Michel's (Honolulu, HI)OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/21/2014This place continues to impress! An amazing location at base of Diamond Head, with an awesome view of the ocean and sunset. The service by Robert was exceptional, and we highly recommend this venue to others when visiting Honolulu!Special Features:
- Great Food and scenic viewthe808Dined on 9/20/2014Food was outstanding. NY steak was so good. Make a reservation just before sunset and you will be treated to an unbelievable view.Special Features:
- BEST OF THE BESTOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/19/2014Everything was fantastic! Service, food, cocktails, dessert! A+++Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/19/2014The entire evening was great. The food was exceptional, would have like lights a bit lower, but with a lot of dishes being done at the table it's safer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinner with great viewkichaDined on 9/18/2014I had a good time with great view and delicious food. Strongly recommend to visit there during sunset time.Special Features:
- Fantasticbobw1Dined on 9/16/2014Celebrated my wife's birthday here and it was just fantastic.Special Features:
- THE BEST OF THE BESTBESTDined on 9/14/2014ALL GET LARRY AS HE IS THE BEST OF THE BEST AT THE BEST.. TRAVELED THE WORLD BEEN AT THE MOST EXPENSIVE AND MICHELELS IS TOP OF THE BEST IN THE WORLD..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice food with great sunsetkymyDined on 9/13/2014For some menus waiters did small performance (maily easy cooking) in front of guests when they served, which really impressed. We were happy with their service and nice food. Warm apple tarte with cinnamon icecream was must-try.Special Features:
- Not quite worth the costfinedinerDined on 9/10/2014Went to eat at Michel's based on recommendation from a friend. Staff was wonderful and attentive, views were romantic, and tables were nicely set. Food was not as good as I expected for the price. Bread that came to our table was hard. Virgin cocktail ( pina colada) lacked flavor, had large ice chunks, and was garnished with fruit soaked in alcohol. My appetizer and entree were very heavy on the caraway seeds. They have a very strong flavor and were overpowering to say the least. With a few modifications this could be a #1 spot for fine dining but it missed the mark for us in more than one way.Special Features:
- A lovely dining experience.nettiemaeDined on 9/10/2014This restaurant is beautiful, both the interior and the view - casually elegant, a perfect blend of chandeliers and beachfront. Our dining experience was superb, from the little extras from the chef to the professional, warm, and welcoming service. The waitstaff works together calmly and seamlessly for their guests' comfort. Chateaubriand was delicious, as well as the side dishes (mushroom mashed potatoes, broiled tomato, and a wonderful little bundle of fresh veggies). The lobster we saw served to other diners will be a must next visit!Special Features:
- seasoned70sDined on 9/9/2014Michel's has been a perfect dining venue for special occasions in Honolulu for a very long time. The delicious classic French cuisine has remained intact. (There were other more "fusion" dining choices for those who prefer a lighter fare.) And the attentive service is still very much alive and superb as it was in the past. (The only thing we were apprehensive was the new relaxed dress code where shorts are allowed. Lucky for us, on the night of our visit all the male diners had long pants and all the ladies had smart looking outfits.) We will continue to treasure Michel's and make high recommendations to anyone who looks for a special place to celebrate in "haute gamme".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experiencejabw9Dined on 9/8/2014This is one of the finest dining experiences on Oahu. Martini's are always the way we like them, extra dirty. Wine list is impeccable, and suggestions for pairings are always right on. Caesar salad for two made at the table. Steaks are always cooked perfect, medium with a little pink in the middle. Finish is either chocolate or grand marnier soufflé or molten chocolate cake with coffee. The service is always outstanding !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT for romantic dining!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014The view is ridiculous you can't get any closer to the water! A great spot for a romantic dinner and to catch a beautiful sunset. The food is OUTSTANDING and very fresh!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Michele's-Nothing but Classy!!CoachDined on 8/30/2014We were celebrating our second anniversary and there is no other place more romantic than at Michele's At the Colony Surf. We had not been there in awhile so it was a pleasant and reassuring experience that you will always get top notch food, service and a great sunset view. We will definitely be returning for many more anniversary celebrations. Thank you!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Country folk from Kaua'iLub2uDined on 8/29/2014A truly great dining experience for my wife and I. We flew in from Kaua'i and celebrated my wife's birthday. Food was wonderful; loved the fois grois; the waiter and staff were very friendly and attentive; Waikiki sunset da best; and the evening was punctuated with the fantastic guitar of Jeff Peterson.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing dining eventOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/24/2014The service was the best we ever had. Attention to detail was superior. The quality of the food was outstanding. You must visit when you are in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AralenDined on 8/21/2014Everything was very good. We enjoyed a nice view and quiet restaurant. The food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply the best!foodserviceproVIPDined on 8/18/2014This is simply one of the three best restaurants in O'ahu. Incomparable view, great food and professional servers and staff. Not inexpensive, but worth every penny!! I have gone many times and will continue to do so.Special Features:
- Slow start, strong finish808davoDined on 8/15/2014The service was slow initially with no waiter in sight. No introduction, very cold, no discussion of the menu. Finally about the time we were well into our appetizers, a transformation took place and the waiter was engaging, friendly, attentive, and it saved the evening. Food as always was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 10th commemorationPIRATES28Dined on 8/13/2014We chose the meal in Michel's at the Colony Surf in commemoration of the 10th travel to Hawaii in this time. The meal could also be delicious and children could also be satisfied with very polite correspondence of the meal. Moreover, please let me use in commemoration of something.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/13/2014Elegant Ocean Front Restaurant with Excellent Food/Service/Ambience & Million Dollar Waikiki Sunset View.Special Features:
- Will be backGreatDinerDined on 8/8/201411 of us including 4 children visited on the last day of our 10 days visit in Hawaii, and it turned out to be the best night to be remembered. Corner table fit perfect for families and group events, and appreciate michel's arrangement. Course meal was perfect for ladies and elder child to enjoy Michel's speciality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/5/2014This is my favourite eatery in Honolulu and on my world top ten list. Absolutuely wonderful. About $110 a head but worth it. Location is stunning right on the water and overlooking lights of Honolulu. Can;t think of a superlative good enough for Michel's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Sunday of the Month BrunchPalakaWineGroupDined on 8/3/2014Michel's Brunch on the first Sunday of each month is a delightful way to spend the midmorning. Complimentary mimosas and a full bar is a great way to spend a Sunday wining and dining with friends.Special Features:
- Fine dining at Michele's DOAEatingHonoluluVIPDined on 7/29/2014Went for a romantic, celebratory dinner with my wife. Screaming children at nearby tables. One family was watching a movie on an ipad. Kids running around the restaurant. The waiter did not inform us of all the specials, nor did he explain that items from the tasting menu were available ala carte. (We heard the full list of specials & the ala carte option as he explained these to a couple at the next table.) The butter and the sauces tasted like the inside of a refrigerator. They brought the wrong appetizer, then insisted it was the right one. (Still pretty good, though.) My spouse's dinner was undercooked even after discussing and confirming with wait staff. Maybe they were having an off night?
- A lovely eveningkonakateDined on 7/23/2014Our dinner at Michel's was for our birthdays but also the night before my husband had surgery. Having been to Michel's a few years ago for our anniversary, I thought it was the perfect place for a memorable evening where nothing would go wrong. Everything was just as we wanted. The food was gorgeous, presentation, taste, serving size, the service was impeccable and nice looking too, the wines were perfectly matched. Oh yes, Jeff Peterson was playing his beautiful music. What a perfectly lovely evening. Mahalo.Special Features:
- Exceptional view with decent foodMarcoVIPDined on 7/22/2014Looking for a restaurant with one of the best ocean view's in Waikiki? If so, Michel's at the Colony Surf will not disappoint. However, this rest of your dining experience may not be as exceptional as the view. The culinary offerings may be good, but they pale in comparison to the meals prepared and served by some of Michel's top competitors. Given the right management team and innovation (with supervision) in the kitchen, Michel's could become an excellent restaurant rather than remaining a "very good" one with a beautiful view of the Waikiki oceanfront.Special Features:
- Delivered in styleGps1378Dined on 7/20/2014Watched sunset and ships while the happy and friendly staff served an awesome meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jim65Dined on 7/19/2014Outstanding menu selections. Gracious service. Beautiful sunset view of Waikiki Beach. A perfect spot for romantics.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Michel's is greatmeyerlvVIPDined on 7/12/2014We always go to Michel's everytime we travel to Honolulu. This is one of the best reataurants on the islands. The Food & Service are fantastic I have 2 children that are teens and they have been requesting this restaurant since we first went in 2000.Special Features:
- AWESOME experience!!!leehawaii0713Dined on 7/12/2014My husband and I had an amazing experience celebrating our first wedding anniversary at Michel's. We really loved the food (Bison with Mushroom Red Wine Sauce, Lobster and Crab; Lamb Chops with Au Gratin and Veggies); mouth-watering complimentary dessert; the view from the restaurant overlooking the beach is just breathtaking; the nice romantic ambience and music; and last but not the least, our server Duane and the whole staff were very attentive and thoughtful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The most delicious restrautantYdexyerDined on 7/11/2014I was really enjoyed eating there. I love your food, service and scenery. I think Michel's is the most delicious restaurant in Hawaii . Thank you so much your kindness.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/5/2014the women who can speak japanese was so nice and kind. I loved today's special of fish And Michel's original tequila cocktail.Special Features:
- Food needs workOceanPrimoVIPDined on 6/19/2014I've eaten at Michel's now at least a dozen times and it's the same old story. Food average to below average. Service and atmosphere outstanding. If the restaurant would spend its time and resources to find a good chef with talented cooks, there would be a line out of the door nightly. The food is heavy, with attempted flair that is not necessary, very little flavor and some of the dishes are too heavy. French food should be light and refreshing. Not this menu. Food needs serious work. If not for the outstanding table side Caesar, we would not visit this restaurant again.Special Features:
- Dining onf the beach in HawaiiHawaiianfoodieDined on 6/19/2014Ambience, service, and food. What else could you ask for!Special Features:
- DinnerLexismomDined on 6/16/2014Dinner was very good, as was the service. There were 2 large wedding dinners while we were there and our table was stuck between them. It was very noisy. The view of the water was nice and our server did the best she could with the amount of tables she was taking care of. On a quieter night, this would be a lovely place to have dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!!!MaryFVIPDined on 6/16/2014We have been eating here for years and it is always a fantastic dining experience. They continue what many restaurants have stopped and that is tableside preparation of the dishes. Anything served tableside and flaming is a hit. Everyone in the dining room stops what they are doing to watch the flames. Besides that, the food is delicious!! Robert our waiter was wonderful, knew the menu and was excited to tell you about. His enthusiasm only added to our enjoyment. I'm not a wine person, so I can't help you there but, the cocktails were spot on. Every time we are on Oahu, this is our go to spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch with Sigourney2soon2retireDined on 6/15/2014Our family enjoyed brunch to celebrate a birthday and father's day. The ambience was just picture perfect--calm waters with families enjoying the sand, water and surf. Loved it! Got a special treat--saw Sigourney Weaver with her family in the restaurant. The service was just what you expected--exceptional!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!MichelsDined on 6/13/2014Some of the finest food I have ever had. The staff are all very professional, yet warm.Special Features: