2761 East Oakland Park Blvd
Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33306Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.michelesdl.com/
- Phone: 9545331919x
- Hours of Operation:
CLOSED SUNDAYS, EXCEPT FOR SPECIAL EVENTS
HAPPY HOURS: MONDAY - SATURDAY FROM 5 TO 7 PM. ENJOY HAPPY HOUR PRICED DRINKS AND SPECIAL $7 BAR MENU.
DINNER: MONDAY - SATURDAY 5PM TILL
WE CAN ALSO HELP YOU WITH A BUSINESS LUNCHEON, CELEBRATION OR PRIVATE PARTY.
MICHELE'S DINING LOUNGE OFFERS CUSTOM CATERING FOR YOUR LUNCHEON, BUSINESS MEETING, PARTY OR EVENT. See our hostess and inquire how you can become a Michele's Dining Lounge VIP!
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Michele's offers LUNCHEON, FORMAL AND CUSTOM CATERING. You can also host your private party or business meeting of 20 or more people.
- Private Party Facilities: Michele's Dining Lounge's Private Dining Room is the perfect location for your Business Luncheon or Social Celebration (birthdays, anniversaries, engagements, weddings). You may choose from our Luncheon, Dining or Catering Menus. The private dining room is perfect for groups up to 20.
- Private Party Contact: Jeffrey Belcher or Adam Irvin 954-533-1919x
- Entertainment: Monday-Wednesday Pianist Mickey Havens 7pm
Thursday-Saturday Pianist Sal Fazio 7 PM
- Special Events:
A word from Michele's
Michele's Dining Lounge, voted "BEST NEW Restaurant in Broward County 2011" offers you chic and comfortable dining. You can enjoy a wide range of culinary experiences from cocktails and tapas to a spectacular dining menu. You may choose an appetizer like Crispy Eggplant cake or a scrumptious entree from NY Strip, Pork Osso Buco, Grouper, Salmon, Beef Short Rib or Penne Alla Vodka just to name a few.Continued
Enjoy Happy Hour drinks and $7 Bar Menu specials Monday- Saturday from 5 - 7PM, Dinner is served Monday - Saturday from 5 till. We are closed Sunday except for Special Events.
Enjoy Happy Hour drinks and $7 Bar Menu specials Monday- Saturday from 5 - 7PM, Dinner is served Monday - Saturday from 5 till. We are closed Sunday except for Special Events.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Michele's reviews from OpenTable diners
3 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (1)good for groups (1)vibrant bar scene (1)notable wine list (1)romantic (1)special occasion (1)Show More
- NO REVIEWOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/23/2014AS NOTED IN A PHONE CALL TO OPEN TABLE.....AFTER TRAVELING AN HOUR ON MY BIRTHDAY---8/23 WE FOUND THAT MICHELLE'S WAS CLOSED FOR THE SUMMER AND WOULD NOT OPEN UNTIL 10/23. PLEASE DO NOT PRINT THIS REVIEW. DO NOT WANT TO HURT THE RESTAURANT. THE ABOVE RATING WAS FROM PREVIOUS VISITSSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Coming Back SoonLivingOnTheBeachVIPDined on 7/5/2014Had purchased a Living Social Coupon for 2 glasses of wine and appetizer. House wine was very good as were the steamed mussels. Thoroughly enjoyed the seafood stew as well. Service was very attentive and very pleasant ambiance. Don't know why it is not more crowded. Hopefully there will be more reviews that share similar experiences so others can also have a tasty, enjoyable meal.Special Features:
- The following 316 reviews are from the Michele's reviews archive.
- DININGturtleDined on 6/21/2014IF THE FOOD CAME OUT HOT AND THE BREAD WASNT TOUGH IT WOULD HAVE BEEN A 10ERSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- maggiDined on 5/30/2014Exellent Foot,nice Location,nice bar, good happy hourSpecial Features:
- Horrible experienceArlibarliVIPDined on 5/13/2014I made this reservation and the hostess told me to drop dead!
- Fun for all!!Pickleface1Dined on 5/10/2014Enjoyed this romantic, neighborhood gem for our 28th anniversary, Mothers Day & date night Saturday night. We were there with our 23 yr old daughter. Along with us, she also enjoyed the live piano music playing in the bar. We all enjoyed the caesar salad & our entrees. Thanks for the complimentary Cosmo! We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- DisappointednavidadVIPDined on 5/2/2014We should have known better than to eat somewhere when the dining room was only occupied by a few people. The bar scene seemed like fun for people whose median age was 60. They were having fun dancing to a synthesized piano. The menu seemed ok but the food was not. I could not even eat my salad as there was so much oil in the dressing that the lettuce felt slimy to eat. My salmon was plain atop of an unflavorful bed of couscous.my husbands skirt steak and fries were ok. The decor looked like a throwback to a fancy 80s restaurant and is very masculine. Lots of black lacquer and white cushioned chairs.Special Features:
- Not a good experienceluv2dineDined on 5/1/2014We came on a Thursday evening for the lobster tails special. We were told that the prices for the lobster tails special was more than the flyer that we had come in with. Management ultimately agreed to honor the price on our flyer. The lobster tails unfortunately were very overcooked and made for a very unpleasant experience.Special Features:
- one of those great holes in a wallschlabuffoDined on 4/23/2014Happy hour is from 5 to 8 great offers like $7 appetizers $5 house wines. Kathleen at the bar was great. I even met the chef and talked about food. The place apparently gets busy only on Fridays. We had lite dinner at the lounge but with the appetizers at the bar could have been more than enough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable Birthday Celebration!!!SeafoodloverDined on 4/18/2014We decided on Michele's after reading the great reviews online and do not regret a minute of it. We were greeted by our waitress who was very helpful when picking a table for the three of us. The food was delicious, very nice presentation and were well taken care by our server who at the end of our meal presented me with a dessert with a candle for me to blow out. The menu doesn't have a large selection like most restaurant but was able to accomodate with the fact that I am a vegetarian with what they had. Overall we enjoyed the live music, the ambience and food!Special Features:
- Dinner with the WifeDinnerOutDined on 4/18/2014We had a very nice time. This was our first time and we would go back again. The food was very good our bill was 100.00 dollars with tip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic food and ambienceGreatDined on 4/10/2014We had a great lobster dinner, fine wine and wonderful music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Boys Night OutAl12VIPDined on 3/31/2014Monday was BNO which had a 2 for 1 menu. $7 martinis. A good time to try this restaurant. We ordered from the 2-4-1 menu and received excellent friendly service. Nice piano music from the bar area. The decor is very pleasant and attractive. When entering we were greeted by a very friendly maitre'd. Food was good but not great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemFLLFoodieDined on 3/31/2014Michelle's was a perfect mixture of good food, atmosphere, entertainment and still quiet enough to hold a dinner conversation. I'm hooked! The Happy Hour deals are what would bring me back due to quality and price and the two for one was my speed as well. Due to the menu prices on any other normal day, I'd have to go elsewhere but I know where I'll be on their "specials" night. Go and check out this restaurant..... You'll be glad u did and you'll feel like a sophisticated grown up :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great AmbianceLpstkbizdinerVIPDined on 3/29/2014Live music always a plus in my book. Crab cake was not lump as advertised, too much cake. Booths are cozy but not particularly comfortable as the seat is too low for the height of the table. It was not full for prime time Saturday night which is a concern for its viability. That said, the octopus salad was fabulous. We might try it again.Special Features:
- wine dinnersballsyjimDined on 3/26/2014The first wine dinner I attended was memorable. The second one was a disappointment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experienceJoEllenG98Dined on 3/26/2014I was at Michele's with 3 other girlfriends and we all got the lobster special and every one of us was thoroughly impressed! They were generous with the portions, the lobster was cooked perfectly and succulent! The service was awesome! Will be dining there again and it's my favorite happy hour place to meet a friend. Love Michele's! Great job, Lou!!!!Special Features:
- Food, service, ambiance wasnickDined on 3/22/2014Food, service, ambiance was fantastic, but expensive. I like the live entertainment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oldie but goodieMissLizVIPDined on 2/25/2014This is a neighborhood hot spot. Great piano bar and singers. A bit of an older crowd, but age is simply a number in this place! A+Special Features:
- The good and the badOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/14/2014Aatmoshpere of the dining room side is charmin/romantic. They offered us to sit on the bar side at first, which had a good piano player/singer, but super loud. So, we waited to be on the dining room side. Food was excellent, but service was poor. The timing of dishes was off - once course showed up before being done with the prior course. We had to ask for bread - and it was frozen in the middle. We had to ask for silverware (twice) - when they took it from one course, the didn't notice or think about the next course (and when asked it took a trip all the way back to the kitchen to find silverware).Special Features:
- Valentine's Day 2014DonandEllaDined on 2/14/2014Michele's had a fixed menu for the evening. We had voices of tenderloin, duck, fish for entrees as well as choices for appetizers and desert. The food was nicely prepared and well presented. Being Valentines day, the place was busy, but under control. They also had an entertainer playing piano which was nice, although I'm not sure if they do this all the time. There was a good mix of patrons of all ages.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rough nightSFBomberDined on 2/14/2014V Day menu with no substitutions or off the regular menu orders (including previously noted allergies). Clearly, the staff was unprepared for the night. Understaffing with a reduced menu gave pause to our continuing the evening. My wife loves Mediterranean, which this should have been. But typical American fare, aided by a lack of it on the plate, caused additional negativity. Each of the four courses was tiny, to say the least. $60 per was $20 too much for that experience. Not worth mentioning the food since it is not on the regular menu, but the small amounts we had were wonderful. The waiter forgot to provide a steak knife or ground pepper; the two tables on either side of us enjoyed the use of both. Unacceptable to me, unforgivable.Special Features:
- Wow!JimmieDined on 2/14/2014Everything was great! Looking forward to going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall good ExperienceLostpearl63Dined on 2/14/2014My significant other and myself had Valentine reservations for 6:00 pm. We were a few minutes late when we arrived. The host and hostess couldn't quite decide where to place us in the dining area, and we stated that "it does not matter where we sit" (trying to ease their stress a bit). Upon sitting, at least 4 different people tended to our table. Everyone was very pleasant, but I felt as if we were being a bit rushed due to the holiday. Minor mix up bring wrong app. The food was very good, and we did thoroughly enjoy our dinner. The duck was amazing, and the sea bass was cooked to perfection with a crispy skin, and tasty sauce. Everything was delish. We will definately be going back. This is our second experience at Michele's.Special Features:
- K at Mich 1stChazDined on 2/13/2014Music is a big draw. Food was very good. Portions good size but quality counts and it was there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great place no peopleOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 2/11/2014can't understand why this place had only a few tables of customers, when the food is good and ambience was very nice! It was a Tuesday night, but this time of the year most restaurants are busy during the week. It was four of us, and we all enjoyed Michele's very much.Special Features:
- Great food and great musicDavidinFTLVIPDined on 2/8/2014I made the reservation without knowing about the incredible live music. I can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great chefluluDined on 1/31/2014The chef, Farid, is excellent. Food is super. The place is elegant and nicely decorated. The only criticism that I have is that the deserts could be a little improved. Had the chocolate brownie and it didn't taste like much. The rest of the food was superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great placeANNIEVIPDined on 1/30/2014GFood, service is always good. Sal, musician is terrific!! Good Bar scene.. Will return..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WE ENJOYED THE EVENING VERYturtleDined on 1/25/2014WE ENJOYED THE EVENING VERY MUCH. MUSIC WAS GREAT. SERVICE NICE AND BARTENDERS FRIENDLY. OUR ONLY COMPLAINT IS THAT THE FOOD DOESNT COME OUT HOT, EITHER ITS COLD OR TEPID . THEY SHOULD LOOK INTO THIS.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive - but worth itLivingOnTheBeachVIPDined on 1/8/2014We went with a group of 8 friends and ordered salmon, grouper and seafood pasta along with a variety of side dishes (calamari, mussels and salads). Enjoyed every dish. Fish was perfectly prepared and sauces were tasty but not heavy. Friendly staff who checked back frequently to see if there were any needs.Special Features:
- A nice time with friendsAllisonDined on 1/8/2014We took our friends to this restaurant and were very happy to share a meal with them here. The scallops were spectacular (wrapped in phyllo-dough like strips, and delicate calamari with a light but tasty batter tempted us before we started our meal. I had the beet salad and it was tasty and beautifully prepared. The crab cake was perfectly cooked and full of flavor. Ending with tiramisu, we felt satisfied. Looking forward to our next meal here!Special Features:
- Upscale food in upscale interiortdmiller65VIPDined on 1/7/2014What a beautiful restaurant, very classy and quiet, although it wasn't full on a Tuesday night. Everyone at our table of 5 remarked on the food. The servings were substantial, but nobody left food on the plate! Specifically, my salmon was perfectly cooked...slightly crisp on the outside, rare and moist on the inside. The basic wine selection was fine, but for a $12 glass of Kim Crawford, I would have preferred more than 3 oz at a time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Beautiful restaurantDebiDined on 1/6/2014A lovely restaurant, great atmosphere, we enjoy going there for a special occasionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- customer serviceArlibarliVIPDined on 1/6/2014I love this restaurant. Zach,the manager was so kind and caring. I have a garlic allergy and he changed my food immediately. immaculate too.Special Features:
- Pleasant surpriseKAJ1Dined on 12/28/2013Restaurant was quite on our visit but service was exceptional and food was excellent. Live music on some nights. Good value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not extremely pleased...DelishDined on 12/26/2013This place is beautiful on the inside and the service was ok, there were hardly anyone there besides us. Our server was not very knowledgeable about any food or drink item offered/available and the food was ok. Each of us got a different dish and it was quite small as well as only having maybe one item on the dish that was pleasing, the rest was basically inedible. The meat was ok, the rest was not so great. Now I know why there was hardly anyone there. The wait time was very long as well.Special Features:
- A Hidden Treasurefoodguru1Dined on 12/21/2013We went here Saturday night just before Christmas and it was very quiet. Everything was terrific and we had a great time. We will definitely be back with friends. Just very surprised that the place wasn't packed given all that it has to offer!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- date nightturtleDined on 12/7/2013micheles is a beautiful restaurant. the staff is friendly and the music great. we did not care for their new menu its too gourmet. there wasn't enough of a selection. I don't eat fish. didn't want filet so it was either chicken or pork. I chose the pork but I reallyfelt like pasta and was told there was no pasta of the day which is on the menu.they made us a Caesar saald which wasn't on the menu and was the last visit.i would call first before I went again to see if they made any changes. we were also told that they no longer have a bar bite menu and a happy hour. big mistake in florida where most people look for that.Special Features:
- Food is ALWAYS GOOD.FirstTimerVIPDined on 12/6/2013Just don't come on Friday nights for a quiet dinner. Live music is good... Preferred when they played Sinatra/buble ... The 70's flair was odd ... I will continue to come, cause food and staff are awesome