420 W Magee Rd
Tucson, AZ 85704Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.michelangelotucson.com/
- Phone: (520) 297-5775
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:30pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Offering family style catering options for delivery or pick up.
- Private Party Facilities: Michelangelo has two private dining room facilities one that can accommodate 28 people and the other up to 45 people. Also the entire restaurant is available for private parties on Sundays with a minimum of 100 people and maximum of 200.
- Private Party Contact: Giuseppe 5202975775
A word from Michelangelo
Enjoy outstanding Italian cuisine that will transport you to the Old Country. Michelangelo offers wonderful dishes, including our unforgettable pescatore.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Michelangelo reviews from OpenTable diners
28 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
romantic (13)special occasion (13)neighborhood gem (12)good for groups (11)great for outdoor dining (8)fit for foodies (8)notable wine list (6)great for lunch (5)great for brunch (1)late-night find (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Great Italian EateryKeith520Dined on 11/4/2013I have been going to Michelangelo for years now. One of my favorite things about the restaurant is the ambiance, it's quiet, dimly lit and romantic. The food is delicious and the service is impeccable. It's nice that it's actually on the Northwest side of Tucson instead of central where most of the better restaurants are, which makes it conveniently located for those of us who live North of Ina road. I will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great menupumpkinVIPDined on 10/14/2013Everything on the menu sounded delicious. We ordered the cioppino for two and it was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Somewhat disappointedLoloDined on 10/12/2013After twenty years of enjoying fine dishes at this restaurant, their signature dish pescatore was a big disappointment for the first time. Some ingredients were not available for this dish, the broth was weak and the seafood was cool. Hopefully they will get back to their usual high standards by our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- new found favTucsonvaca3Dined on 10/4/2013This was our first time at Michelangelo. What a true delight. My wife had the traditional lasagna and I had the pork tenderloin special of the night. Having tasted her huge portion of lasagna I agreed it was one of the best ever. My tenderloin meal was simply delicious, I hated to see it end. It was so tender and had a thin, but very tasty filling that was fabulous, served with potatoes and brussel sprouts. We had a great bottle of wine (moderate price at $28) and the coffee to end the meal was fresh, first rate and hot. When the dessert tray was presented we were too full to indulge, but it looked as wonderful as the meal. We were sorry we had no room. Michelangelo will definitely be on the rotation next visit to the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We have been to Michelangelo'sstwquiltsDined on 10/4/2013We have been to Michelangelo's a number of times and the food is always excellent and consistent. It is especially nice for our special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timeRodimusDined on 10/4/2013This is was my first visit here for me wife's birthday. The food and service were both excellent. I highly recommended this to anybkdy who has a special occasion or is simply a lover of fine dinning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I always forget about this place...SouthactorVIPDined on 8/22/2013So I recently went to michelagelos after about 2 years. Everytime I am here I always enjoy myself. I always forget about that this place exists. Lol. However my friends and I went there and had some wonderful food. I had one of their lasagnas and beet salad ending with their chocolate cake. Everything was superb and our server Steve and the young girl bussed were both a delight. I will definately be back more often for sure!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't bothertxazVIPDined on 8/6/2013The Caesar salad was bagged lettuce complete with brown edges on the Romaine stems and a very dull dressing. Canned mushrooms in the Marsala sauce - really? The host/manager stayed in the bar watching TV all night - couldn't be bothered to even say good bye or thank you to the few diners that were there.
- Couldn't be better!jcb2Dined on 7/15/2013This restaurant is focused on pleasing it's customers! I made reservations for eight only an hour before desiring to be seated. The website reservation link was very easy to use. The staff put every effort into making our visit enjoyable. The food was outstanding. I'm from New Jersey where there are an abundance of good competing Italian restaurants. Michaelangelo is certainly one of the best I've patronized. I hope the folks in Tucson appreciate a place such as this having good Italian food.Special Features:
- ServerMikeDined on 7/5/2013Jim, is an exceptional asset to this restaurant!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable Food and AtmosphereDesertPrincessDined on 7/2/2013I have had difficulty in the past with dairy allergy and ordering food at this establishment. This was not the case Saturday evening or Tuesday evening. Saturday evening dinner was a group birthday party and I was accommodated quickly and efficiently. Tuesday was dinner with friends and to say we were all pleased would be an understatement. We were satisfied in every sense of the word.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My friends and I enjoyed aOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/27/2013My friends and I enjoyed a wonderful dinner. The portions are quite large, we all took a "to go" box home. Since we hadn't seen each other for quite some time we were playing "catch up", I appreciated the fact that the staff didn't rush us!Special Features:
- Traditional Fine Italian DiningHappyCamperDined on 6/24/2013Past: After living in the Philadelphia area for decades, we can recall many happy dining experiences at excellent Italian restaurants. Present: Michelangelo Ristorante Italiano continues the family tradition of fine dining . . . with no disappointments.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved the food. Been manyLove2eatDined on 6/11/2013Loved the food. Been many times before to your restaurant, and never was disappointed, food was always excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice FindOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/10/2013We were visiting Tucson to see friends from our U of A days. We wanted to find something that could handle a small group with a small child. Michelangelo's was perfect. We were there on a Monday night, so quieter than a weekend I'm sure. The bonus, however, was it was 1/2 price wine bottle night! We had excellent and accommodating service and closed the place down. Everyone had something different and no complaints from anyone- yummy! Next time we're in town, we'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Italian in Oro Valley1stTimeVisitorVIPDined on 6/8/2013We showed up with a group of ten in Mid-afternoon on Saturday for a birthday celebration, next to no notice to the restaurant. They quickly got us set up for marvelous meal. Everyone thought their food was excellent, and the servers were friendly and helpful. This was excellent choice for us and we would highly recommend Michelangelo to anyone looking for good food in a nice setting.Special Features:
- Great Italian FoodSandelzVIPDined on 6/6/2013After having driven by this restaurant since the day they opened I finally decided to eat here. The food was great and the staff was very nice. My only complaint is that I felt like we were being rushed to order dinner even though they were far from full. I asked the waitress to give us more time to enjoy our wine and visit with our dinner companions before ordering. She returned exactly 2 minutes later and started taking orders.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food here is always consistent.DFH1Dined on 5/25/2013Food here is always consistent. Been coming here for 17 years.Special Features:
- lovelyOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 5/17/2013wonderful. food was very well done. the service was exceptional.Special Features:
- Quiet, intimate, white tableclothDeeeVIPDined on 5/4/2013Quiet, intimate, white tablecloth dining without being stuffy or pretentious. Food was very good, place to go for a relaxing dinner without the hustle bustle boisterous atmosphere of many of the newer restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was our first visit.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/27/2013This was our first visit. We enjoyed the food and service. We will go again.Special Features:
- Good Southern ItalianejwoolzVIPDined on 4/27/2013Food was quite good, mostly southern Italian (lots of red sauce). Good variety of pasta and cooked just right. Interesting bread (think small cinnamon rolls only garlic bread), salads, little too heavy on dressing (get it on the side). You can build your own pasta dish and salad at lunch...don't know about dinner. Nice shaded back patio. Not the elegant, delicate cuisine you get at Vivace, but if you've been watching re-runs of the Sopranos and crave some good southern Italian red pasta dishes, this place fills the bill.Special Features: