420 W Magee Rd
Tucson, AZ 85704Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.michelangelotucson.com/
- Phone: (520) 297-5775
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:30pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Offering family style catering options for delivery or pick up.
- Private Party Facilities: Michelangelo has two private dining room facilities one that can accommodate 28 people and the other up to 45 people. Also the entire restaurant is available for private parties on Sundays with a minimum of 100 people and maximum of 200.
- Private Party Contact: Giuseppe 5202975775
A word from Michelangelo
Enjoy outstanding Italian cuisine that will transport you to the Old Country. Michelangelo offers wonderful dishes, including our unforgettable pescatore.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Michelangelo reviews from OpenTable diners
29 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
romantic (14)special occasion (13)neighborhood gem (12)good for groups (11)great for outdoor dining (8)fit for foodies (8)notable wine list (6)great for lunch (5)great for brunch (1)late-night find (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014I appreciated the modestly-priced wines offered...Special Features:
- Good Food--DavelrDined on 4/30/2014The food was good, but not great. On a scale of 1-10, with 10 being outstanding, I would give Michelangelo an 8.Special Features:
- BONOVinceKDined on 4/5/2014Never been disappointed in all the 10-12 years dining at Michaelangelos !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was nothing specialRandomdinerDined on 4/4/2014We had no problems with service or atmosphere, although there was a rather loud table mostly because they were all using hearing aids and 700 years old. But I can't rate the restaurant well because the food just wasn't all that special, especially for the price. My date was disappointed with "both" pieces of asparagus on her dish, and the lobster tail looked like an engorged shrimp. My dish was fine, but definitely not any better than any chain restaurant.
- ANOTHER ENJOYABLE EXPERIENCEFUSSYNEWYORKERDined on 3/28/2014HAD WHAT MIGHT BE A VERY TRADITIONAL MEAL BUT EVERY DISH HAD ITS OWN MICHANGELO TWIST AND EACH WAS JUST DELICIOUS. DON'T GO HERE OFTEN BECAUSE I AM A TOURIST IN THIS TOWN BUT DO ENJOY EACH EXPERIENCE. THE PLACE IS LOVELY AND THE SERVICE VERY ATTENTIVE. RECOMMEND IT HIGHLY.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Some good, some badBuckyDined on 3/25/2014The food was OK. Nothing to rave about. Service excellent and restaurant décor appealing. We were given a round table which is excellent for conversation. Our server Trevor was attentive and adorable!!Special Features:
- Pleasant dining experience60MilesFromMexicoDined on 3/25/2014I wanted to take my woman out for a memorable first date dinner. The food and service were first rate, the ambience was quiet and pleasant. We dined early. Business picked up by the time we finished eating and the conversation noise was fast increasing. We look forward to dining at Michelangelo's again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- real good food finally!LuigiDined on 3/15/2014Best Italian food I have found in Tucson, hands down.keep up the great work!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GOOD FOOD ALWAYSCHARDined on 3/10/2014A great place to meet friends for dinner. The beet salad and eggplant parmesan were excellent choices and did not disappoint my taste buds. Other members in our group enjoyed the minestrone soup and Caesar salad with chicken. We totally enjoyed the evening sharing good food and conversation. We will come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- COMFORTABLEOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/7/2014Eating early with time to enjoy conversation and the menuSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Warm and friendlyLuvTucsonDined on 3/4/2014The restaurant has a warm ambience and very friendly staff. The food was very good and served hot. The menu is large but not over bearing. There are many popular Italian dishes and you can also "build your own" pasta dish. The restaurant has several rooms to accommodate small and large parties. The separate rooms also provide an intimate setting and quiet dining. Prices are reasonable.Special Features:
- Good foodLuvDeliciousFoodDined on 2/21/2014My husband and I have eaten here several times, The food and service has always been good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family Run ItalianFlaYankeeDined on 2/19/2014This is a very good family run classic style Italian restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Michelangelo's is a greatBAppleb1Dined on 2/15/2014Michelangelo's is a great restaurant, and the Ali family, run it with perfection. We've had a number of lunches, dinners, and parties at the restaurant and it's always wondeful. I highly recommend Michelangelo's, and if you plan to go on a Friday or Saturday night, I strongly suggest making a reservation; most restaurants don't make reservations for parties smaller than six, but they make them for everyone, which is a major plus. KUDOS!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/14/2014That is the one thing I remember. The food was good, but not amazing. Service was soooo slow. It took two hours to complete a three course meal. Actually, that long to be served three courses.Special Features:
- DisappointedRonaldWeeslyDined on 2/14/2014The food just wasn't worth it. We went on valentines day. Spent 100+ dollars. The bread was good, but the food just wasn't. The appetizers were nothing special. My girlfriend has the frito misto and basically it was just greasy fries fish, their was like a small splash of pesto sauce but not nearly enough for more than one peice of shrimp. The entrees were nothing special, you could get just as good quality food from Olive Garden, probably better. The wine was good. Overall I was disappointed eating here, I remember going here as a kid and the food was excellent. It has gone way down hill.Special Features:
- J & JouttodinnerDined on 2/14/2014lovely valentine's day dinner! Our first time to the restaurant & it was the Valentine's Day special. The food, the service, and the ambience was lovely. There was no rush to finish although the restaurant was very busy, Good choice the Michelangelo (house) wine is economical and delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's Day GemCottonDined on 2/14/2014They did a fantastic job on a holiday which so often becomes quick food and/or no service. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentines DayBrendaDined on 2/14/2014We had a very nice time. The place was very crowded but we were seated immediately, The staff was attentive and very courteous. Drinks were yummy. The main course took a while to arrive due to the evening being so busy, but everything was delicious. We would definitely recommend it to other people as a place for dinner. We shall try it again when we are back here visiting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch BunchDoctorSparkyDined on 2/12/2014Our group of seven thoroughly enjoyed our lunch at Michelangelo's. Yes, seven out of seven and not a single complaint - only praise! Some had pasta of the day,one chopped salad, several panini burgers, wine, beer, and desert. Two commented it was the best burger they'd ever had, and I must agree. Most of us had enough left for lunch the next day. Service was commendable, and the restaurant is very clean and quiet. Of the seven, only two had eaten here before; all said they'd definitively return. That's about the best testimonial any restaurant can receive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian restaurantGarfknuckleDined on 2/11/2014The experience was very good overall. The food tasted great, and the atmosphere was that of fine-dining Italian restaurant. The price was reasonable for the food and experience. I would recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good But Not GreatLuvItalianFoodDined on 2/6/2014We enjoyed the ambiance. Our waiter was competent, well trained. We were disappointed in the menu selections and the food. Where is the shrimp scampi! I ordered chicken parm.; it had very little cheese or sauce. The fettucini Alfredo was so-so. The salad was boring, the blue cheese dressing didn't have blue cheese or flavor. Olives tasted like they were out of a can. Bread was very tasty. My Bday guest ordered create your own pasta; he thought the lobster was wonderful. He agreed the Alfredo sauce lacked flavor. His dinner did not include a salad which is a negative. I thought the on tap beer list was limited. The cannoli was superb but overpriced. We were very disappointed in our experience and will unlikely return.Special Features:
- Very NiceOneXMarineDined on 2/1/2014First time to this restaurant. Reservation was correct and we were seated promptly. Service was excellent as was the food. I've lived here 8 years and I've been missing a great place for dinner. We were stopped on the way out and asked how we found them and if everything was satisfactory. Put them in our GPS, we'll be back often.Special Features:
- Great food, great atmosphereBets123Dined on 1/31/2014This is a wonderful restaurant with great staff. We both enjoyed our meals and can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Quite Nice But...smithyDined on 1/13/2014The Service, the Ambience, the Noise Level and most of the food were all quite nice. I had the cannelloni, however, and was disappointed. The sauce was not tasty. It had the consistency of paste while the stuffing was rather bland. Instead of pasta, the filling was rolled into pancakes which did not add anything positive to the dish. My friend had the minestrone which she raved about and the eggplant with marinara sauce which also made a hit. I will come back and will be sure to order something with marinara sauce and nothing with a cream sauce.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was avery busy Friday night,JackMDined on 1/10/2014It was avery busy Friday night, and we waited about 10 minutes for our table. Everyone's dinner (6 of us) was fine. I had Spaghettini Pomodoro, and it was excellent. The wine list is so-so. I had the house chianti and it was acceptable. The beer list is pretty good. Overall, we had a good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- True DiningDeeeVIPDined on 1/10/2014We were with another couple and wanted to do some catching up . We have been to this restaurant many times and knew this was the place to go for such an occasion. We were not rushed and it was like dinning in Italy. All four of us loved our meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ambience4teachersDined on 1/4/2014Great ambience for catching up with old friends!!!Special Features:
- not good.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2013Three tables for lunch in the whole place and they sent out cold food. So I had it sent back. I herd them slam the Microwave door, start it up and two minutes later the same food came back so hot I couldn't touch it and was total mush. I just sent it back and passed on lunch. My wife's meal was ok 2 of the three shrimp were edible. The third one was rubber. The food was what you'd expect in a cafeteria.
- Superb, as usual! Thanks forDeDeDined on 12/19/2013Superb, as usual! Thanks for making every visit a special occasion!Special Features:
- Dependable ItaliannteeterDined on 12/19/2013We have dined here on several occasions, and have never left disappointed. I was delighted with my meal: Eggplant Parmesan. The eggplant is baked without breading. The dish includes just the right amount of cheese along with the delicious marinara sauce. The bread is warm and fresh. The other 3 members of the party enjoyed their meals. The signature lasagna is served as two rolls of pasta. Plan to eat one roll and take the other home unless you have a huge appetite. The salmon entree was thoroughly enjoyed by the 4th member of our group.Special Features:
- Very goodhaldianeDined on 12/16/2013This has been a favorite of ours for years now & it is living up to our expectations. Excellent menu, food prep, & serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Only disappointment was beingVinceKDined on 12/14/2013Only disappointment was being out of oss bucco at 645pm. Paul, our waiter, did recommend a satisfactory substitute. And I/we must say Paul was a superb waiter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and pleasant environmentFood4MeDined on 12/14/2013I hosted a party for 15 one week and a smaller group of 6 the following week. The food was good, price very reasonable and they were very accommodating for sound and space. Service was excellent, wine selection was a good mix. I will come back again. These folks have been around for a while and consistently provide a good product for a good price.Special Features:
- A nice place to have a nice mealDanAderDined on 12/7/2013Having dined here twice in the past 3 months I can recommend Michelangelo as a nice place for families and friends to enjoy a relaxed dining experience. The food, service, and environs are all very good, although not quite rising above average (and certainly not a fine dining experience.)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday PartyaldavisDined on 12/4/20136 of us had a birthday party for one man. The food was excellent, it was quiet for us, and the service was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Miss the Old Michelangelo's Gone?BarbDined on 11/9/2013We used to have Michelangelo's as our "go to" restaurant, but that changed several years ago, when their food declined as their prices increased. We heard that the place had done a turnaround and was much better, so gave it another chance. The food was worse then remembered and it was still pricey. My eggplant parmegian was barely breaded, hardly had any cheese, and had a dollop of marinara sauce on it--virtually thin slices of plain, baked eggplant and it was $15! With so many really great competing Italian restaurants in Tucson today, they'd better pick up the slack! Won't be going back!
- Good Neighborhood Italian PlaceMelodyDined on 11/9/2013Great place to enjoy a quality meal right in my neighborhood! Good service, tasty food and convenient!Special Features:
- just plain old good serviceMIKEDined on 11/9/2013just plain old good service very attentive to the guests needs. My wife mentioned an allergy and that all she had to say food was cooked to her needs. ThanksSpecial Features:
- Been here how long?BritsDined on 11/8/2013We were a group of 4 with 2 visitors. We appreciated the broad menu and were all able to find something which interested each of us. Service was prompt and thorough. The waiter was quite knowledgable and bussers were on the ball. Pros- Wait staff. Wine selection. Menu variety. Cons - Not intimate.Special Features: