420 W Magee Rd
Tucson, AZ 85704Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.michelangelotucson.com/
- Phone: 5202975775
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:30pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Offering family style catering options for delivery or pick up.
- Private Party Facilities: Michelangelo has two private dining room facilities one that can accommodate 28 people and the other up to 45 people. Also the entire restaurant is available for private parties on Sundays with a minimum of 100 people and maximum of 200.
- Private Party Contact: Giuseppe 5202975775
A word from Michelangelo
Enjoy outstanding Italian cuisine that will transport you to the Old Country. Michelangelo offers wonderful dishes, including our unforgettable pescatore.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Michelangelo - Best Restaurants in Tucson ›
Michelangelo reviews from OpenTable diners
36 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (17)special occasion (16)good for groups (14)romantic (14)great for outdoor dining (10)fit for foodies (8)great for lunch (6)notable wine list (3)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (2)hot spot (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Great Neighborhood OptionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014As usual the food and service were excellent. In addition to being well prepared and presented, the portions are ample. I especially like the fact that the atmosphere is alive but you don't need to yell in order to be heard by your dining companions. The northwest side of Tucson does not have very many quality dining restaurants and many that are there are so noisy or are national chain cookie cutter. It's nice to not have to drive to central or east Tucson for a quality Italian dining experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014One of the great things about Michelangelo's is if you have a craving for something they will go out of there way to fix it for you. I love there special. They had a fig flat bread that was out standing. The pasta that I have had there was cooked to perfection and they have had some great cheeses. The wait staff will make wine suggestion for you and so far they have done a good jobSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great choice for dinneralwayshungryDined on 8/22/2014We had only been to Michaelangelo's just a couple of times in the past 5 years or so. This will change after our dining experience a few days ago. The food was absolutely wonderful and the service impressive. The four of us ordered different items and we were all impressed with the taste and presentation. The Caesar Salad with chicken was the best I have ever had and I have tried many. The portions are just right and everything tasted fresh. One issue we had was to turn down the music volume so we could hear each other. The clientele seems to be of a certain age and some have a hearing problem. It would be great if the music played was either classical or soft Italian listening. Nevertheless, we will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BLT1Dined on 7/19/2014We were there on their last night before closing for two weeks, so hard to judge since this was our first time there.
- food was greatfoodieDined on 7/19/2014Just be aware that they close for two weeks in the summer...they ran out of a couple of things because they only had one more night before they closed...was still a great night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- eathealthyDined on 7/19/2014I was unimpressed with the service and the food. Very few choices for non meat eaters.Special Features:
- Great food, excellent service, fun!TucsonFoodFanDined on 7/19/2014Two of us ordered the tortellini, which was excellent, one of us a chicken dish, which was very good, and one of us the classic lasagna, which she said was too salty. I like salt so I tasted it and found it very much to my liking. Service was fast and friendly. My dirty martini was slightly disappointing although the server and bartender made a special effort to provide me with blue cheese stuffed olives which is not the standard olive they include with the drink. With drinks, food and tip, the total bill for four people was $180.Special Features:
- WineandDineOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/16/2014A perfect spot for a quiet, intimate lunch with a friend. The Italian cuisine is authentic. The atmosphere makes you feel like you're in Rome. Our waitress was wonderful--an intuitive, no-nonsense, and diligent Italian woman who knows the restaurant well and wants to please her customers. I'll return there soon.Special Features:
- Lunch treasureCallieDined on 7/11/2014Have been here a few times for lunch, and even though I have the very same Tuscan Salad every time I visit, my husband will choose something different each time. Never a disappointment! We usually try to save room for the limoncello cake too, as it is truly delicious.Special Features:
- Italian DelightfulRoyalElizabeth642Dined on 7/5/2014Upon arriving at the restaurant during the monsoon, we entered this wonderful restaurant which brought happiness and cheers to us. Our food was prepared exactly as we had asked for it, server very attentive. We were missing a few things (i.e. ice cubes when requested and pre-bread prior to meal); however, the overall service was very good, and food as well. We will definitely return to this restaurant when in the Marana area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Italian restaurant!MargoTDined on 6/30/2014It's a great place! Nice atmosphere and very friendly people. But the most important, very good food! I would highly recommend this restaurant to everyone who loves Italian cuisine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/30/2014The staff was so sweet and accommodating to us. Very warm and friendly restaurant. Has a very comfortable warm atmosphere I have dined there many times on special occasions and the food has always been consistently good. Michelangelos is a special place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ho HumMaegeeDined on 6/20/2014Read the reviews before we went. Sounded promising. Food.....Caesar salad vastly overdressed but flavorful. We both ordered short ribs. Server came back let us know there was just one order left. Really? At 6:00? Me thinks they were prepared the night before, the one left was, well....left over. I couldn't stick my fork in it to remove a piece of the meat. Short ribs should fall apart. Back they went. The server was very nice, offered another menu choice. I declined. My friend ordered ravioli; it was only OK.
- Good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/13/2014Great service, great food. We had a hard time deciding what to order. our waiter, Jim, was great, attentive without hovering.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 25 yearstucsonVIPDined on 5/31/2014The food has always been consistently good over the years. Great job Michelangelo'sSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DON'T GO ON FRIDAY NITEOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/30/2014friday nite entertainment was so loud you couldn't carry on a conversation if you were within 20 feet of the speakers. because of the entertainment, the restaurant was very crowded. even tho we had reservations, we had to sit outside. the good news was were were away from the entertainment loud speakers, the bad news was it was warm outside. also at the end of our meal we were the only table outside and our waiter forgot about us. i had to flag down a bus boy after no one showed up to 20 minutes to get the waiter, and instead of the waiter the owner delivered the check, because the waiter was handling a table of 18 plus 3 other tables.Special Features:
- GOOD BUT LOUDSunflower1Dined on 5/30/2014Even asking for a quiet seating area it was VERY loud. The crowd was, I'm sure, the reason. It was their 25th anniversary (dinner for 2 - $25) and, in my mind, the the best "soft" jazz singer in Tucson (they don't usually have that quality entertainment). The waitress was rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food & HospitalitySouthwestLadyDined on 5/30/2014We visited twice. After the first one we were so impressed we brought friends with us. The food was very good overall. The crusty hot bread and rolls are wonderful. The pasta was al dente, and both white & red sauces were flavorful and well rounded. We had veal and shrimp dishes. The only complaint was that the protein portion could be a tad larger. The salads were tasty and well constructed; sun dried tomato really added some nice chewiness, sweetness and zip. The only real disappointment was the cannoli - no cheese flavor and whipped so much that it was more like eating air for a filling. However, the spumoni ice cream cake was superb. The wait staff was terrific; friendly, smiling, checking back & refilling drinks and bread.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just Averagemjt520Dined on 5/28/2014We read that this restaurant was celebrating its 25th. Anniversary and decided to give it a try. We requested (via Open Table) a quiet table for two, as we too were celebrating - guess what? They put us at a table near the kitchen doorway (there were lots of tables available). Can't say they were unfriendly but they were not warm (and this included the lady whom we believe is the owner). Food was okay (especially for their special pricing during the month of MAY). However, their latte (in a cup branded with Illy) tasted totally flat and without any body! Almost any cup of coffee anywhere would taste better than what was served here. For an Italian restaurant, this was disgraceful! For this reason alone we can't recommend this place.Special Features:
- 15 years and going strongnteeterDined on 5/27/2014We appreciate dining at locally-owned establishments. The food quality here is good. Our waiter was relatively new, but he was friendly and attentive. The food is fresh and the portions are large. House baked bread was not as good on the night of our visit as in the past, but was still good. The breading on the chicken parm was not cooked thoroughly (two at our table ordered this as their entree).Special Features:
- The following 72 reviews are from the Michelangelo reviews archive.
- Anniversary dinnervcbdinerVIPDined on 5/23/2014They were celebrating 25 years in business and had a fantastic deal going. Was disappointed in my meal choice but husband's was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neat specials going ontiramisu4fansDined on 5/22/2014Fantastic as always. We did the two for 25 this time which included dessert, but had to add the tiramisu to share.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SaddleBrookefoodieDined on 5/20/2014Our waiter was almost too attentive in that we had just been seated, and he wanted to take our beverage order. Although I read quickly, I was unable to scan the one-page wine list before he made his demand. However, the rest of the meal was paced well. Also, although I requested a spoon to assist in eating my pasta, it never appeared. In most Italian restaurants, a spoon is provided without asking for it.Special Features:
- Love this place!YummyinOroDined on 5/20/2014Busier than usual so our service was a little slow. Even so...a wonderful evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Si, Si Michelangelo's!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/20/2014I would return to Michelangelo's in Tucson in a New York second! Delicious food, nice and very efficient waitress, quiet and elegant atmosphere.Special Features:
- lvelvegleDined on 5/19/2014Loved the restaurant! Loved the décor. We came with guest and everyone was very impressed with the whole experience. This was our first visit. We will certainly be back. Oh yes, great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We Would ReturnSouthwestLadyDined on 5/17/2014We tried Michelangelo during their Anniversary Special month, so were treated to live entertainment. The decor is nice and service was superb; water was constantly refilled, rolls and bread replenished, and frequent checks if we needed anything else. The bread and garlic knots are to die for (it was hard to stop eating those). I had linguine with shrimp and red sauce; my only complaint would be three shrimp was just a tad shy and four would have been just right. The pasta was wonderful and so was the sauce. My husband had veal with linguine and a white sauce; it all disappeared really fast and he loved it. The main meal and appetizer (portobello with a balsamic reduction) were quite good. The cannoli was disappointing.Special Features:
- Great graduation dinnerLynnDined on 5/16/2014Our group consisted of 11 people, 3 being children. We came over right after Arizona's graduation, everyone was hungry and in need of some nice family time around the table. We had a good waiter who paced the entire meal perfectly and gave us as much time as we needed. The appetizers calamari, antipasti board and bruschetta was amazing. Our entrees ranged from basic Pasta to Veal Marsala, Ravioli, Shrimp and Ossobuco. All entrees were delicious. The waiter was very patient with all the kids and made great suggestions. We definitely will return there when we come back to Tucson.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AverageOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/14/2014If you are looking for average italian food at mid level prices, this is the place for you. Nothing special for price paid. Eaten here twice and do not see returning since there are so many other average options at less prices.
- Love this place!YummyinOroDined on 5/12/2014Michelangelo's is a white tablecloth restaurant with waiters that are right there for you if you want that. They can also bend to be friendly and joke around if you prefer. The food is all fresh and well prepared and served promptly. You can also choose how much you want to spend. They have a "do-it-yourself" menu that is very reasonable or you can go for Osso Bucco, Lobster...Our favorite restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014I appreciated the modestly-priced wines offered...Special Features:
- Good Food--DavelrDined on 4/30/2014The food was good, but not great. On a scale of 1-10, with 10 being outstanding, I would give Michelangelo an 8.Special Features:
- BONOVinceKDined on 4/5/2014Never been disappointed in all the 10-12 years dining at Michaelangelos !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was nothing specialRandomdinerDined on 4/4/2014We had no problems with service or atmosphere, although there was a rather loud table mostly because they were all using hearing aids and 700 years old. But I can't rate the restaurant well because the food just wasn't all that special, especially for the price. My date was disappointed with "both" pieces of asparagus on her dish, and the lobster tail looked like an engorged shrimp. My dish was fine, but definitely not any better than any chain restaurant.
- ANOTHER ENJOYABLE EXPERIENCEFUSSYNEWYORKERDined on 3/28/2014HAD WHAT MIGHT BE A VERY TRADITIONAL MEAL BUT EVERY DISH HAD ITS OWN MICHANGELO TWIST AND EACH WAS JUST DELICIOUS. DON'T GO HERE OFTEN BECAUSE I AM A TOURIST IN THIS TOWN BUT DO ENJOY EACH EXPERIENCE. THE PLACE IS LOVELY AND THE SERVICE VERY ATTENTIVE. RECOMMEND IT HIGHLY.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Some good, some badBuckyDined on 3/25/2014The food was OK. Nothing to rave about. Service excellent and restaurant décor appealing. We were given a round table which is excellent for conversation. Our server Trevor was attentive and adorable!!Special Features:
- Pleasant dining experience60MilesFromMexicoDined on 3/25/2014I wanted to take my woman out for a memorable first date dinner. The food and service were first rate, the ambience was quiet and pleasant. We dined early. Business picked up by the time we finished eating and the conversation noise was fast increasing. We look forward to dining at Michelangelo's again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- real good food finally!LuigiDined on 3/15/2014Best Italian food I have found in Tucson, hands down.keep up the great work!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GOOD FOOD ALWAYSCHARDined on 3/10/2014A great place to meet friends for dinner. The beet salad and eggplant parmesan were excellent choices and did not disappoint my taste buds. Other members in our group enjoyed the minestrone soup and Caesar salad with chicken. We totally enjoyed the evening sharing good food and conversation. We will come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- COMFORTABLEOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/7/2014Eating early with time to enjoy conversation and the menuSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.