2960 Zelda Road, Suite A
Montgomery, AL 36117Neighborhood:
InternationalPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://michaelstable.net/
- Phone: 3342722500
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm, Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: International
- Executive Chef: Michael Hochhalter
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please contact Chef Michael for your catering needs.
A word from Michael's Table
Recognized as one of Alabama"s Top 10 Dining Experiences, Michael's Table features international comfort foods and the finest wine list in the city.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Michael's Table - Best Restaurants in Montgomery ›
Michael's Table reviews from OpenTable diners
28 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (22)neighborhood gem (19)romantic (18)fit for foodies (14)great for brunch (13)great for lunch (7)notable wine list (7)great for outdoor dining (5)late-night find (3)good for groups (2)vibrant bar scene (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Fantastic!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/1/2014If you are looking for a special place with a great menu from all over the world, go here. The food was amazing! You should try to peanut butter pie, to die for!Special Features:
- BrunchBeauDined on 9/14/2014I had their spin on Eggs Benedict. It was probably the most flavorful I've ever had. The egg was served over smoked salmon and some type of potato cake. The sauce had a nice tang to it and it was accompanied by chopped onions and capers. I will be back.Special Features:
- Hidden GemOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/10/2014Had not heard of Michael's 'til the day we went for our anniversary. Quaint, quiet, good food...the type of place my wife and I enjoy for celebrations. Relaxed, eclectic atmosphere...especially in the middle of the week.Special Features:
- A little worried but got betterlikemontgomeryrestaurantsDined on 9/4/2014Upon arrival quickly seated (had reservation) but was concerned with limited menu selections--many items looked great--just not much choice. Not a kid friendly menu. Waiter did not speak good English so many of our request were wrong or not done. He was kind and conscious and I did tip 20%. Atmosphere was good...did not feel rushed......nothing unpleasant at all-----just limited menu and minor service issue.
- It's fantabulous!EricRDined on 8/24/2014We go about once a month. This time my parents were visiting so we went for brunch. Everyone enjoyed their meal and the experience, as usual. Can't wait for the Monday dinner with Chef menu items to filter to the regular menu. See y'all soon!Special Features:
- Well doneOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/23/2014The service was very professional and the food great. Reasonably priced for the large portions as wellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great experience from the start.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/20/2014The perfect atmosphere for a Sunday Brunch. The salmon was delicious addition to our Eggs Benedict. The kind restaurant that makes you smile when you walk in the door.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/17/2014Always love our time at Michael's ❤️Food is always delicious! Service is great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous, as alwaysfoodie23Dined on 7/14/2014Dining with Chef is a relatively new dining experience at Michael's on Mondays: one seating (at 6:30), fixed menu, fixed price ($25). It's an adventure, because you never really know what Chef has come up with until you get there. It's clearly a way for him to create new dishes in a limited environment - to see what works and what doesn't. Genius! Chef's discussion before dinner is served is always entertaining and educational. So far, these dinners have been regional: everywhere from Mexico to Sardinia. It's a lovely experience.Special Features:
- Sunday BrunchRayRayDined on 7/6/2014Had a wonderful Sunday brunch to celebrate a friends birthday. The food was so good and the setting couldn't be beat. Was able to have a nice conversation without having to raise our voices. So nice and relaxing but most of all ENJOYABLE!! Plus, the Bloody Mary's were awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummyHealyha99Dined on 7/5/2014Such a great dining experience. The food was incredible. Will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 232 reviews are from the Michael's Table reviews archive.
- Not recommendedcardinalsfanDined on 6/21/2014Went here for a special dinner with my wife. We ordered an appetizer, salad and entree. The waitress totally forgot the salad. I had the sesame tuna steak. The portion was large, but the tuna was bland and came with nothing to compliment it, just Cole slaw. I have had better seared tuna at Outback Steakhouse. Wife had the filet. The steak was just ok. It came with "steamed vegetables", which turned out to be steamed celery. A little weird! Will not go back, would rather just go to sushi cafe in the same shopping center.
- Found a gem while in MontgomeryMistoffoleVIPDined on 6/18/2014We had a group of 6 folks and wanted something good. Michaels delivered with exquisite combinations and outstanding service. Everything we ate we truly enjoyed. From the prosciutto wrapped fruit appetizers to the soup if the day to the salad made from sheer goodness to the schnitzel of all things combined with pickled cabbage. Subtle and superb combinations to tease the taste buds. Give it a trySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- texasinalabamaDined on 6/1/2014As usual, the food and serviced were both excellent. We've had the gazpacho previously, but it was up to its usual high standards as one of the best we've ever tasted. We did think the brunch menu had somewhat fewer selections than on previous occasions but the eggs benedict, mezze plate, and shrimp were all good.Special Features:
- EduardoDined on 6/1/2014Another fine experience! Great food , ambience and service - keep up the good work!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great montgomery findonionDined on 5/24/2014Headed into Montgomery for a paddle wheel boat ride then onto a smoke stop at a nextdoor humidor. Then a short walk to the restaurant for a dinner so good you eat the whole salad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CircusCelebrationsDined on 5/24/2014Greeter was very welcoming and set evening off to a cheerful start. Lovely food presentation. Flavors pleased everyone. Would appreciate a fantastic vegetarian entre...our vegetarian guest left somewhat unfulfilled. Server had ideal balance of providing attention without hovering. He might have informed us there was no schnitzel from the 'get go' rather than have 2 disappointed German guests at time to place order. Wine list is good. Poor selection of beer, especially for German flair. Tart of the day and Key Lime pie were authentic and delicious. Noisy inside. Outdoor dining our choice but need fans and planting barriers on patio to separate from parked cars. Make it prettier! Enjoyed having Michael meet us at the end of our evening.Special Features:
- What a find in Montgomery ALNancyVIPDined on 5/23/2014We were traveling through Montgomery Memorial Day weekend and wanted to have a nice dinner. Michael's Table fit the bill nicely. We loved the ambience of the place and the menu. My husband got the schnitzel and I got the shrimp black bean cake. Both were delicious. We followed them with the coconut cream pie and orange cinnamon gelato. Perfect way to end the meal. We will definitely try to get back there when we go through town again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Perfectfoodie23Dined on 5/21/2014The menu changes at Table, but it's always incredible! A true culinary learning experience...Special Features:
- Great for pre theaterbigsueDined on 5/17/2014We live in Birmingham and took a couple who had never been to Michael's. They loved the menu - wanted to order on of everything - and weren't disappointed with their choices. We had an early dinner before going to the Shakespeare Festival for a play. Appetizers, entrees, wines and deserts were all delicious. We'll be back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/7/2014We love going to Michael's Table. The food is healthy, creative and beautifully presented.Special Features:
- Awesome experiencebabychef07Dined on 5/3/2014My family and I went to Michael's Table on May 3, 2014 and were blown away by the great greeting, service and food. The food was so great, there was nothing left on any of our plates. The filet was melt in your mouth delicious and the corn tamales were so delicious, it was a shame when we realized there was nothing left in the husk. The schnitzel was cooked to perfection. The chocolate soufflé was so fantastic, it needs to be one of the seven deadly sins. The gelato was also to die for. This was one of the best meals my family has had in a very long time. If you haven't been to Michael's Table, you have missed out on a truly wonderful dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CelebratingOut2EatDined on 4/26/2014We celebrated a birthday in the family at Michael's Table on April 26. Chef Michael and the hostess both greeted us warmly and we were seated quickly. After debating the enticing choices, we ordered wine, appetizers (empanadas and a spinach salad) and entrees (lamb and schnitzel). My husband said the lamb was, "to die for". My schnitzel was cooked perfectly. Both plate presentations were beautiful. In spite of the generous portions we'd just finished, desert proved tempting. I enjoyed coconut cream pie with a cornflake crust, which was a nice contrast of textures. My husband ordered the key lime pie, which had a chocolate crust Our entire meal was outstanding. The ambience at Michael's Table is relaxed and casual, most enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dining evening.AlabamaVIPDined on 4/5/2014The atmosphere was very romantic and energetic. The food was delicious. The wine selection was limited, but of good quality. We had a wonderful time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best of the bestBarbDined on 4/3/2014Michael's Table is the best choice for dinner in the Montgomery area. The menu is a surprise on every visit and the choices are unique and developed with care The owner visits the patrons with a genuine desire to discuss the food and the servers are a joy.Special Features:
- Good night outIshamalDined on 3/29/2014Everything was very good. The only complaint was that there was a family there with two kids and they were pretty loud. The place tried to keep them separate fom the other diners and I believe it was nôt a normal thing. This is a very minor complaint considering the quality of everything else. One really positive note is that they used only very full and fresh ingredients.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh and delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/19/2014It has a fresh ingredients. Real foodies will enjoy the small and fresh menu. A small but decent wine and beer menu. The atmosphere is nice. Worth your while for special occasion or just an enjoyable food experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice AtmosphereN1CKDangerVIPDined on 3/13/2014I came in alone when I was traveling in Montgomery for business. The service was great, the restaurant is awesome, very quiet and welcoming. However, I honestly expected the food to be better. I had the snapper piccata... The fish was cooked well; however, it was fried in a batter of some sort (as piccata is) but it was not crispy at all. The batter was just soggy covering the fish. The pasta was also cooked perfectly, but had very little sauce and lacked flavor. To finish, I had the coconut cream pie. It was good, but the balsamic drizzle was a little off putting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No smoke & mirrorsiCanEatDined on 3/1/2014It was an enjoyable experience. The Jäger Schnitzel was delicious. Time is always a factor with me & I must say that the food was in front of me faster than I expected. The atmosphere was quiet & intimate. I personally would recommend this restaurant to anyone who is trying to rekindle a relationship, having an anniversary, or trying to impress their significant other with something out of the norm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful, romantic atmospherefarr0095Dined on 3/1/2014I love the romantic atmosphere and eclectic clientele. There were guys in tuxes and tails as well as shirts and sweater vests, all we're welcome and managed to fit into the ambiance. My wife and I only managed a few dishes, but each were amazing. We started with the prosciutto wrapped pears, then we had the table steak and jäger schnitzel. Each dish was succulent and masterfully served. Our desserts were the vinegar custard pie and the chocolate soufflé, perfect endings to the meal. The staff never rushed us and we felt incredibly welcome by each staff member we encountered, especially Michael himself. Prices were reasonable, especially for the quality. I highly recommend Michael's Table for a fantastic dinner out in Montgomery!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved the eggs benedict andSteve69Dined on 2/23/2014Loved the eggs benedict and the spinach salad with meatballsSpecial Features:
- Love Michael's!delta3Dined on 2/16/2014Brunch at Michael's Table was, as always, delightful. Dining here is like going to a friend's house, a friend who is an excellent cook. A favorite Montgomery restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ValentinesJoeyDined on 2/14/2014Wonderful experience, didnt overbook restaurant So atmoshpere was very quaint! Food delicious, service was Great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Great!BobGVIPDined on 2/5/2014My wife and I took two guests for lunch. The usual friendly greeting from Gayla. We were glad to see our favorite server, Michael (Spain), who asked about our recent travels (he remembered). The Potlicker Soup was on the menu! The last time we took a quart home. Friend and I had the Thai Quesadilla...good but not one of their best...needs more spice. Wife had the Croque Madame; friend had the tart of the day. They both loved them. The Basil EVOO gelato for dessert was stupendous! We love the funky ambience of Michael's Table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceDaveDined on 1/31/2014I had a fantastic evening at Michael's Table. The food was delicious and there were many more things on the menu that I would like to try at a later date. The atmosphere was also very fitting for a special night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous ExperienceMidtowndinerDined on 1/21/2014Food and service were top-notch!! The tomato tarte is divine!! Highly recommend Michael's Table!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hadn't been in monthsSabrinalawDined on 1/17/2014And I so missed it. Very glad to see big crowd at lunch. Food was, of course, amazing, as was the service.Special Features:
- Always a PleasureBobGVIPDined on 1/8/2014Had lunch again. Chatted with Michael (server) and Michael (owner). Nice people. The soup was superb. I enjoyed the chicken pot pie; wife had the Cuban sandwich. This is our go-to spot when we are in Montgomery for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!RodneyDined on 12/17/2013My wife and I ate here for our anniversary. I had a pork sandwich and salad that was delicious! She had a pizza and enjoyed it as well. We will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place, good foodAdie0510Dined on 12/14/2013It was nice and quiet at Michael's Table, we enjoyed the food and the ambiance. For the first 15 minutes or so the door was open and it was a little drafty at our table, but they soon shut the door (we didn't even have to ask). I ordered a glass of Reisling and I appreciated being able to try a taste before pouring me a full glass. I found it too sweet so the waiter went to find a drier wine. Portions were good, dessert was good. Overall I would recommend it!Special Features: