Michael's Steak Chalet
1440 Swiss Village
Osage Beach, MO 65065Neighborhood:
Lake of the Ozarks
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Michael's Steak Chalet
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.steakchalet.com/
- Phone: 5733483611x
- Hours of Operation:
Serving Dinner Daily at 5:00pm (03-20-2014 to 11-01-2014)
Thursday, Friday and Saturday Only (02-13-2014 to 12-31-2014)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Skip Blackburn
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Smoking Area (patio only), View, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private parties are welcome from 20 to 75.
- Private Party Contact: Mike Luman 5733483611x
- Entertainment: Seasonal
- Special Events: Available for Weddings, Private Parties and Special Events.
A word from Michael's Steak Chalet
Michael's Steak Chalet is the Lake of the Ozark's preferred dining Location! Michael's offers a warm & elegant atmosphere with a staff that caters to your every need only to be matched by the highest quality food & wine list in town. Whether it's a romantic steak dinner for 2, a special occasion, or a private party, Michael's can accommodate your needs.Continued
Weather permitting, you can enjoy dinner on our patio with a great view of the lake and our beautiful sunsets.
Weather permitting, you can enjoy dinner on our patio with a great view of the lake and our beautiful sunsets.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Michael's Steak Chalet - Best Restaurants in Lake of the Ozarks ›
Michael's Steak Chalet reviews from OpenTable diners
64 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (57)great for outdoor dining (54)special occasion (39)romantic (35)neighborhood gem (19)good for groups (18)notable wine list (15)fit for foodies (12)kid-friendly (9)hot spot (3)vibrant bar scene (3)late-night find (2)great for lunch (1)Show More
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014Extremely disappointed as this was one of my favorites. Made a reservation for 830 when they close at ten trying to be respectful and give plenty of time for staff before closing. WAsnt seated until well after 900 and our steaks were not cooked as ordered and were extremely rushed and ruined our dinner. Very sad in a place I used to really enjoy...Special Features:
- Slow ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/30/2014They were under staffed. Waited a long time for everything. Same with most tables. They were offering comp desserts to almost everyone.Special Features:
- Hidden JewelStandingTallDined on 8/25/2014Every time I visit the Lake I have to go to Michael's! If you like a great steak, it ranks among the best in the world. Sitting high above the lake provides an incredible view at sunset.Special Features:
- Great placeBBQfanDined on 8/22/2014This is a special place. We enjoy the food, the view, the professionalism. Order the prime rib and have them "French" it for you. A place you will always remember.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pefect Start to the WeekendglashleyDined on 8/21/2014Michael's was the perfect starting event for our Girls Weekend at the Lake. The five of us met for dinner and drinks intent on watching the sun set over the water. Mandy, our waitress, was absolutely the best making suggestions on everything and even taking the phone to direct members of our party to the restaurant. While it was the beginning of the hottest weekend of the summer the staff was determined to make us comfortable and brought out a fan to help with the heat so we could remain outdoors. Not one complaint from anyone in the group on our food selections. Everything was simply delicious and the portions were large. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- August 16th visitMBandDAlvpatiodiningDined on 8/16/2014As always, the prime rib was fantastic as was the crab Rangoon app. We are regular diners at M's and had some special guests with us. They enjoyed the food, patio, and view.Special Features:
- amazing food, view, and service!racksnquacks1Dined on 8/14/2014My wife and I celebrated our first year anniversary here and it was truly amazing. Wonderful view of the sunset over the lake, the staff and service were super. We walked right in and were seated immediatly and all of the staff were very accomodating and friendly. Would recommend this to adults wanting a relaxing evening at the lake!Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnergregDined on 8/11/2014My wife and i celebrated our 31st. Anniversary here on Monday. Service was very good and the Food and View even better. Been coming here for 20 years and can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/11/2014Our large dog was not happy being left in our vehicle and managed to force the window out and exit the truck. The staff at Michael's Steak Chalet were very accomodating with first alerting us to the escaped dog, cleaning the glass from around our truck and inside our truck and permitting our dog to sit with us on the patio while we dined. The staff was exceptional. The primary staff member that helped us was a chef who was on property on his day off! He was exceptional!Special Features:
- PhenomenalLAN1Dined on 8/9/2014Went for a special occasion with a special date. Ordered the blackened tuna rare. It was sashimi grade and absolutely melted in my mouth. Undoubtedly the best tuna I have ever had. We were inside next to a window overlooking the lake at sunset. It was beautiful and peaceful and romantic. Would recommend for date night out or a weekly event.Special Features:
- Great prime rib, beautiful viewlakeluversDined on 8/1/2014My husband and I went there on a Friday night for our anniversary, there was a guitar player playing nice slow music, very romantic, the French style prime rib was amazing, we sat outside and the view was beautiful, the service was fantastic, will definitely go there againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Outdoor SettingOT123Dined on 7/30/2014The view is excellent. Nice outdoor setting for dinner/lunch.Special Features:
- bad birthday experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014Michael's has been a favorite of mine for years. We made our reservation thru Open Table and they had our table ready the minute we walked in. Our server was friendly and greeted us fairly promptly. That may have been the best part of her service. She was very nice but also very forgetful. We had to ask for food that she forgot....more than once. She was not attentive to our table as you would expect in a restaurant of this caliber. It was my husband's birthday and he specifically chose Michael's but we were all disappointed. The food [when we finally got all of it] was very good.Special Features:
- Wonderful dinnerSuzzDined on 7/26/2014The Prime Rib was excellent. Really enjoyed our meal at Michaels Steak Chalet.Special Features:
- Love Michael's Steak ChaletCarolFromILDined on 7/24/2014Excellent food, excellent service, best view on the lake, well worth it! Our friends said their steaks were the best they ever had. My husband had prime rib and it was perfect. I had the port tenderloin with plum sauce - amazing! They even had a list of specials that made it very reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it!HossieDined on 7/18/2014We always enjoy eating at Michael's. Love the food, outdoor seating, and the view. Service is always superb. We try to come whenever we are at the Lake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovinbeefDined on 7/17/2014The view is awesome. I have only had the beef tenderloin,wonderful!! Outside crusty, inside rare/medium rare. Service is great, friendly and accommodating. This is where we take our favorite people.Special Features:
- Very quietfoodie007Dined on 7/13/2014Sunday night, we were there with very few others. We hope Michael's stays open, because we had excellent food and our waiter was very friendly and made our night special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bucket List Lake SpotMBandDAlvpatiodiningDined on 7/11/2014This is one our favorite choices for summer evening patio dining at the lake. Several improvements have been made to the patio which is now more open. The prime rib continues to be the entree of choice. Service improvements have been made by Brent & Biggie and the addition of Suzie & Don Ackers as lounge entertainment is a perfect cap to a wonderful evening.Special Features:
- Lucky 8Lucky568Dined on 7/11/2014Everything was excellent as usual. Sure wish you would bring back the 6 oz. filet.Special Features:
- Great Atmosphere Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/5/2014This was a hidden gem the food, service, and atmosphere off the chart Definitely will be back, The lake view is wonderful, outdoor seating is a big plusSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5 Star restaurantfinediningDined on 7/5/2014Michael's Steak Chalet is great for it's scenic views...and the food is exceptional too!Special Features:
- fantastic view and great foodDannyVIPDined on 7/5/2014you just can't beat the steaks here and huge baked potatoes, I like the fact that they offer veggies other than green beans, like lima beans or peas, they have a very nice wine list and the limited availability list has some real steals, the view is the best at the Lake as it is high on a bluff above the Lake in a wooded park like setting with a Swiss Lodge feel. If you come when Tan Tar A is having their fireworks display you have a fantastic seat for the eventSpecial Features:
- Great food, beautifull location!rams85Dined on 7/5/2014Took my wife to Michaels for her birthday along with the rest of our family. The food was good for all. The scenic view for the outdoor dining is fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- National Account ManagerJimmytheNapDined on 7/5/2014This is a great place for any sort of dinner out. Upscale casual or a formal event. Menu prices do not reflect high quality meals and drinks. Great value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Michael's Steak Chaletlakelover2Dined on 7/5/2014Prime Rib 12 oz. (6 oz. was fat). Chicken breasts with vegetables and sauce. Chicken was tough and sauce tasted peculiar No ambiance. Not the Michael's Steak Chalet we once knew. Server was very friendly. Michael's has not updated their restaurant since 2006 when we last dined there. Would not return.Special Features:
- awesome food, service & view!RitaDined on 7/3/2014Love your Thursday night specials! The service, food & view cannot be beat! We did sit outside because the weather was perfect, however there was a couple smokers that were sitting up wind to us & that was not good because none of our group like smoking especially while you are trying to eat. Wish you had a no smoking policy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/27/2014Excellent meal, service, view of the lake, and music in the bar afterwards.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerfunlindaDined on 6/19/2014We had a wonderful, relaxing dinner at Michael's Steak Chalet. We make it a point to have dinner there when we visit the Lake of the Ozarks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always wonderfulTwoDogsDined on 6/15/2014My wife and I have been going to Michael's at least once a year for ten years for our wedding anniversary. We usually end up dining there once or twice a year and it's always a good experience. The prime rib is very consistently great. I have had the rib eye there as well and it is also always high quality although a bit pricey. The view is outstanding. There must be an 8 mile long view of the lake from 100-150 feet above. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So disappointingCyndyDined on 5/29/2014Our party of 8 had a reservation for 7PM last night. We had all dined there many times and had always been so happy with the restaurant until the last time we went but decided to go back for another try since we love prime rib and they used to have the best. After being seated, we were told that they had no prime rib (at 7:00 on a Thursday?). And, our server, Mike, was very rude about it and had a huge chip on his shoulder the He said "nothing" . We asked where Ronnie, our favorite bartender and employee was and were told curtly that she was just "gone" after 15 years. Some things were definitely going on at the restaurant and things were so tense that our evening was ruined. All couples said they won't go back. Sad.
- Great EveninggregDined on 5/25/2014We had a party of 8, our children and their girls and grand son for dinner. it was fantastic! Food was great, service was flawless (ask for Rhonda) and the atmosphere was over the top! Thanks for a great evening!Special Features:
- JoanDined on 5/21/2014The food wasn't up to expections. For the four of us, we spent $350 and it was basically a $100 meal.Special Features:
- Dining at MichaelsgregDined on 5/18/2014had a wonderful time! Food, service and atmosphere were great!Special Features:
- The following 172 reviews are from the Michael's Steak Chalet reviews archive.
- One of my favorite places!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/19/2014Eating on the patio at Michael's Steak Chalet is always a treat. The prime rib is scrumptious and the wait staff attentive. Glad you can now make reservations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Lake of The Ozark's FinestDonnaDined on 4/12/2014One of the Lake of the Ozark's finest restaurants. It may be a little difficult to find and off the main path, but Michael's is truly a premiere restaurant. Their prime rib is absolutely the finest, beating out most steak restaurants. The view overlooking the lake is beautiful and romantic. If the weather is nice, I'd recommend eating out on the patio. The service is always outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Michael's Steak Lake OzarkLincDined on 3/31/2014We had a business dinner with customers and wanted to enjoy an evening a great food and service. None of us were disappointed. The escargot and stuffed mushroom appetizers were excellent. Our main courses consisted of two different steaks and two different seafood dishes. Suffice to say that there were no leftovers.Special Features:
- SteakssteakloverDined on 3/22/2014The Filet's were wonderful as was the rest of the meal. We were too full to order dessert though. :(Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely perfect. ProposedsdempDined on 2/15/2014Absolutely perfect. Proposed to my girlfriend there on Saturday night. The staff was so cool and made it even more special. Food was amazing, though I was too nervous to eat much of it. Thank you Michael's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Family Place!DeVenney76Dined on 2/14/2014We had our Valentines Dinner this year heir. The restaurant is a little off the better path, but well worth it. The staff was very friendly and the restaurant had a wonderful family feel. The menu is simple but elligant. We really didn't have any complaints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.