Michael's - South Point Casino
9777 Las Vegas Boulevard South
Las Vegas, NV 89183Neighborhood:
South Point Casino
ContinentalPrice: $50 and over
Michael's - South Point Casino
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.southpointcasino.com/dining/michaels.php
- Phone: (702) 796-7111
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Continental, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Fred Bielak
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Michael's - South Point Casino
Las Vegas visitors and residents alike know that Michael's gourmet room is one of the finest restaurants in all of Las Vegas. For over 20 years, this intimate, 50-seat gourmet room has earned accolades galore. Its many prestigious honors awarded by the country's premier restaurant reviewers and dining surveys attest to its excellence not only in menu but also in service and style. Michael's awards have included being named one of the Top 5 Restaurants in Las Vegas by the Zagat Survey. It received the Four-Diamond Award for Exceptional Cuisine, Excellent Service, and Elegant Dining Atmosphere from the American Automobile Association, the Award of Excellence from Distinguished Restaurants of North America, and the Finest Gourmet Restaurant recognition from the Las Vegas Review-Journal Readers' Poll. Dining at Michael's is an experience of a lifetime. One of our guests told us that his dinner at Michael's was better than the meal he had eaten the week before at the White House!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Michael's - South Point Casino - Best Restaurants in South Point Casino ›
Michael's - South Point Casino reviews from OpenTable diners
48 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.9Noise LevelQuiet
romantic (40)special occasion (39)fit for foodies (25)notable wine list (20)neighborhood gem (11)good for groups (8)late-night find (2)Show More
- Jose & Russell [best service!] The Veal Franciess!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/25/2014Russell and Jose are the best two Matri D's & waiter[s] on the planet! Veal Franciess & baked poato are not to be missed! Fresh tomatos soup & table side service!!Special Features:
- The Best Restaurant in the United StatesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014This professional team is the best in the business. Fine dining the way it's meant to be! Dining perfection! I have dined with them for over 20 years starting when they were in their previous location. the experience has never changed. They are consistent and perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!JimDVIPDined on 11/15/2014Michael's is fantastic in every way. Beautiful and comfortable ambiance, great food and top notch service. I can't think of one negative. We loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Without a doubt most extraordinary!AlisoncaliforniaDined on 11/7/2014Never have I ever had a more extraordinary experience. Sorbet between courses they pour champagne over to a full-size fruit bowls and chocolate covered strawberries, etc included with your meal. Prices not on ladies menus. Very very romantic.The 40 year old Sandman port is worth every penny.The Parisian chocolate with berries is worth saving room for. Bring $$$$ per person minimum, but don't miss this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but....................MrbillDined on 11/4/2014Absolutely wonderful. Took customer here when it was in the Barboury Coast for three years, The took same client her for first year, this was my first opportunity to financially be able to bring the same client back. My party of seven loved it. I had veal picata and was dissaopinted.Special Features:
- AmazingKarenMDined on 11/2/2014We went to Michael's this past Sunday and I have to say that it was absolutely wonderful. The food, the wine, the service - all impeccable. Be advised that the prices are extremely high but it is well worth it (total bill including tip for the two of us came out to $425). I had the Filet Mignon on the bone, which was fantastic. Cooked to perfection. My husband had the salmon, which he really enjoyed. I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Michaels diningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/1/2014the food was not as good as I went the first couple of times before. Generally there aren't a lot of guests eating there but it definitely took away from the true service that we would have normally received. Do not get the new bone in filet for medium well as majority if the need is well done before you get to the bone. I'm still a fan of this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great anniversary dinnerVegasvetDined on 10/20/2014We were there to celebrate our 52nd wedding anniversary. The food and service made it a memorable one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a dining experiencecatdocVIPDined on 10/16/2014We travel to Las Vegas 4 times a year. Each trip we make a point to dine at Michaels at least twice each visit. The dining experience spoils us when we go home. No other restaurant can compare to the level of service and quality of food. Yes it is pricy , but worth every penny.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mbed29mbed29Dined on 10/15/2014With an old Las Vegas feel. this restaurant brings back the art of dining. The food, service, and atmosphere are what all other restaurants should be judged. You will be satisfied with whatever you choose from the menu, because they know only one way to serve a dish is with perfection. I highly recommend this choice for dining for any special event or if you just need a treat for yourself.Special Features:
- OUTSTANDINGOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/15/2014I LIKE TO GO THERE ONCE IN AWHILE BECAUSE I BELIEVE IT IS THE BEST RESTURANT IN LAS VEGAS AND I HAVE BEEN A LAS VEGAS RESIDENT SINCE 1977. WHEN THIS PLACE WAS AT THE BARBARY COAST, I COULD NEVER GET A RESERVATION. NOW I THAT HAVE EATEN AT MICHAEL'S, I LIKE TO GO WHENEVER I CAN.Special Features:
- Thes Best of anything else in VegasG8PLACEDined on 10/10/2014We thought we were going a resturant that was owned by a different Michael, so we were a little disaapointed when we found out I had made that error, but it turned out to be the best meal we had in Vegas, or almost anywhere we have ever eaten at. We are self proclaimed foodies and travel extensively and are always on the hunt for a good menu and Micahels did not disaapoint. They were over the top of anything we have ever experienced. When in Vegas we will be back! For now we just wish Michael woud open one near us!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experience!ProphettechDined on 10/6/2014I would recommend this restaurant to anyone who is looking for a high end dining experience. The food is spectacular. The service is beyond anything I have ever seen. Most of the final food prep is done table side. My fiance's lobster was gigantic and would have been an ordeal to eat, but they completely cracked and cleaned it for her in front of us. Nice touch. They attended to our every need and surprised us several times with additional courses and pallet cleansers. This was truly a great evening for us. The prices are VERY high, but you get what you pay for. Worth every penny!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a special dining experience!RememberBCDined on 10/5/2014Ambiance, food, service simply the best! The first choice for that very special evening! Pricey but well worth it! The service and food are impeccable and provide an experience to remember!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Wedding AnniversarymommafricaDined on 9/30/2014Remarried my ex after 25 yrs. Young when we 1st married. Never had a honeymoon or wedding anniversary. Not even real rings. The ring part has definitely been taken care of. This was the " 1st wedding ann. dinner." Fellas, if you want to make it special for an anniversary, engagement,birthday or your trying to find your way back in; then this is the place. GREAT FOOD and SERVICE! JUST GREAT! From time we entered the restaurant and was greeted by the host and up to our Ethiopian server and Hispanic maitre'd (I couldn't spell this for nothing) with the glasses and to the kitchen - everything was more than perfect! To me,this place seems as if it should have its own location outside of a casino. Other than that, JUST GO! Will definitely return.Special Features:
- Why classics become classicsProdigiousappDined on 9/26/2014Michael's is old fashion-I should say classic, gracious-dining not found too many places any more. Lush upholstery, tablecloths, Venetian chandeliers and a mature, professional wait staff. No surprises or molecular deconstructions on the menu, just old elegant standards perfectly prepared. My husband and I have eaten a meal or two around the world and my Dover sole and his lamb chops were among the best we've ever had. Sides and salads were also familiar, but delicious. Remember the relish tray and extra treats?Michael's includes it all. I sound ancient, but sometimes it is nice to be transported back to more elegant times and Michael's does that beautifully.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the bestDavorVIPDined on 9/21/2014Michael's still serve Banana Fosters the traditional way. Outstanding service staff. We celebrated out anniversary there and had outstanding reception.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply amazingdavilaDined on 9/12/2014This is not just a restaurant it is a dining experience second to none!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- steaks at its bestOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/4/2014we recently moved to lv and our wedding anniversary was coming up and wanted to find a local restaurant to have a late dinner and we found it. from the time we entered the door to the time we left we were pampered. the staff and service was excellent always there when when you wanted something. the dinner, wine and drinks were excellent. our daughter and son-in-law were with us that evening and they both agree everything was excellent. being new in town we will definitly be returning again even if its not a special occasion and its close to home.Special Features:
- 5 Star ExperiencewjzgirlDined on 9/4/2014This restaurant is a must. The atmosphere was lovely. A place to truly sit, have great conversation, and a dining experience. The service was outstanding. The wait staff attends to your every need and even tries to anticipate that need. They're very helpful with suggestions. The food was simply amazing very flavorful, fabulous presentation, enormous portion sizes. I wanted to experience a 5 Star restaurant and Michael's exceeded my expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantasticBob1VIPDined on 9/1/2014Hidden in the Southpointe, it is a shockingly world class restaurant. Lots of goodies complements of the chef. Sorbet with Dom Perignon poured over it. Need I say more.Special Features:
- Best dining experience we have hadOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014Great food with exceptional service. Worth the cost (@$150/person with wine). Highly recommend this restaurant. Don't be fooled by the location, this is an amazing restaurant located in a below average casino.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The BEST restaurant in Vegas.iSoZanderDined on 8/22/2014The steak is always spit on and amazing. Staff is very personable and friendly, the manager and GM are always helpful, the bartender anyways makes great drinks. Worth the price that it is.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Dining Experience everBmoreFoodieDined on 8/19/2014My wife and I have been to a lot of up scale restaurants and Michael's is at the very top of our favorites list. We where treated like royalty form the time we stepped in the door to the moment we left. The food was perfectly prepared and the staff was professional and very attentive to our every request.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- never disappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/12/2014Elegant, service is the best anywhere, particularly Captain RussellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WOW!!!!eatoutoftenVIPDined on 8/12/2014Michael's is what gourmet rooms were like in the early days of Las Vegas. After being seated they are quick to get you drink order and bring it, then an appetizer tray that is to die for. The menus are presented just like in the old days, prices on the man's menu but no the woaman's. Ordered the Maryland crab cocktail and Maryland crab cake as appetizers. We are originally from Maryland and this was the BEST crab cake we have had in Las Vegas in the 24 years we have lived here. $79.00 for a filet is a little pricey but I must say it was worth every penny of it. Great place for that extra special occasion, which this evening was for us. Expensive at the end but again worth every penny we spent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply the best Ive hadOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/8/2014From the moment we set foot in Michaels we were treated like royalty. The service was extremely efficient and discreet and any questions we had about the menu were answered in full. The food itself was quite simply perfect and served with old style panache. I will be recommending Michaels to anyone who asks and the fact that the restaurant was filled with local Las Vegas residents tells you everything you need to know.Special Features:
- Expensive for a Fair mealFineDined on 8/7/2014We went for our 11 year wedding anniversary. The entrance and ambience is outstanding! The Service was very good! Our bill was $322.00 for 1 cocktail each, 1 shared appetizer and a meal priced for 2. We did bring our own bottle of wine that they had a corking charge of $35.00. Overall when you compare everything we would not rate real high on our list!Special Features:
- The following 472 reviews are from the Michael's - South Point Casino reviews archive.
- Great fine diningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014We were very surprised at the level of intimacy and quality and quantity of food!Special Features:
- JackVIPDined on 7/24/2014Atmosphere--magnificent Service--tremendous food--spectacularSpecial Features:
- Beautiful RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/19/2014This was our second visit to Michael's which was as enjoyable and delicious as the first. Wait staff is friendly and attentive.Special Features:
- Dinner at Michael'sRestReviewDined on 7/19/2014We had a First Class dining experience at Michael's at The South Point in Las Vegas. As I told our waiter, the food was second ONLY to the service.Special Features:
- Hidden Gem with a story to tellOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/18/2014The menu, atmosphere and service are completely "Old School". It is a Great experience that only a handful of restaurants execute these days. Table side presentations of Caesar salad, chateaubriand, bananas foster, and cherries jubilee are all part of the repertoire. The food is very good as is the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Fine DiningCajunDined on 7/15/2014I have been to Michaels 7 times and have been impressed each time. As a frequent traveler that eats at steakhouses all over the United States, I feel that Micheals quality of food and service puts them in the top tier if not the top. You need to go hungry because the quantity of food is more than enough to fill you up. Save room for the desserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Vegas Classic!csmartreviewsVIPDined on 7/11/2014We used to go to Michael's years ago ago at the Barbary Coast. We finally just returned to the new location at the South Point Hotel and it was fabulous. The same "old Vegas" vibe, impeccable service, an abundance of food and a truly special experience. Truly a gem in Vegas. It's certainly expensive but worth it for the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply The BestOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/8/2014The best restaurant in Las Vegas, and I've been to all of the highly rated ones.Special Features:
- Treated Like a KingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/7/2014Willy and the staff treated us like royalty. It's a must place for us each time we visit Las Vegas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The weirdest experience evergrrlguideVIPDined on 7/1/2014The red velvet room feels like a private dining room in a fancy bordello. Tuxedo'ed waiters dance attendance around you; white tablecloths, silver service, beautifully presented, with one exception: water poured from liter-sized plastic Canada Dry jugs. (Really?) It just cheapened the experience. Fine food but pricey even for a 4-star steakhouse -- portions Flintstone-sized (which is the only way they can justify $90 for an entree). The food is old-fashioned -- caesar salad, shrimp cocktail, classic 60's desserts like cheesecake, layer cakes, flaming things, not one whiff of irony or attempt to bring these dishes into the 21st century. Spent $400 on 2 entrees, 1 martini, 1 glass of wine, and 1 caesar salad. I felt used.Special Features:
- Love MichaelscatdocVIPDined on 6/27/2014Dover sole is excellent. Five star service as usual. We dine here at least twice during our vegas staysSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Most Special Eveninggr8timeDined on 6/21/2014Each time we have dined at Michael's it has been memorable! The atmosphere is elegant. The service impeccable and the food outstanding! It is our most favorite restaurant for a special occasion! World Class! After cruises and world travel Michael's can compare to any fine dining restaurant we have visited.Special Features: