Michael's - South Point Casino
9777 Las Vegas Boulevard South
Las Vegas, NV 89183Neighborhood:
South Point Casino
ContinentalPrice: $50 and over
Michael's - South Point Casino
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.southpointcasino.com/dining/michaels.php
- Phone: 7027967111
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Continental, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Fred Bielak
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Michael's - South Point Casino
Las Vegas visitors and residents alike know that Michael's gourmet room is one of the finest restaurants in all of Las Vegas. For over 20 years, this intimate, 50-seat gourmet room has earned accolades galore. Its many prestigious honors awarded by the country's premier restaurant reviewers and dining surveys attest to its excellence not only in menu but also in service and style. Michael's awards have included being named one of the Top 5 Restaurants in Las Vegas by the Zagat Survey. It received the Four-Diamond Award for Exceptional Cuisine, Excellent Service, and Elegant Dining Atmosphere from the American Automobile Association, the Award of Excellence from Distinguished Restaurants of North America, and the Finest Gourmet Restaurant recognition from the Las Vegas Review-Journal Readers' Poll. Dining at Michael's is an experience of a lifetime. One of our guests told us that his dinner at Michael's was better than the meal he had eaten the week before at the White House!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Michael's - South Point Casino - Best Restaurants in South Point Casino ›
Michael's - South Point Casino reviews from OpenTable diners
51 reviews since April 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.8Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (48)romantic (44)fit for foodies (21)notable wine list (17)neighborhood gem (11)late-night find (2)good for groups (2)hot spot (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- The BEST restaurant in Vegas.iSoZanderDined on 8/22/2014The steak is always spit on and amazing. Staff is very personable and friendly, the manager and GM are always helpful, the bartender anyways makes great drinks. Worth the price that it is.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Dining Experience everBmoreFoodieDined on 8/19/2014My wife and I have been to a lot of up scale restaurants and Michael's is at the very top of our favorites list. We where treated like royalty form the time we stepped in the door to the moment we left. The food was perfectly prepared and the staff was professional and very attentive to our every request.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- never disappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/12/2014Elegant, service is the best anywhere, particularly Captain RussellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WOW!!!!eatoutoftenVIPDined on 8/12/2014Michael's is what gourmet rooms were like in the early days of Las Vegas. After being seated they are quick to get you drink order and bring it, then an appetizer tray that is to die for. The menus are presented just like in the old days, prices on the man's menu but no the woaman's. Ordered the Maryland crab cocktail and Maryland crab cake as appetizers. We are originally from Maryland and this was the BEST crab cake we have had in Las Vegas in the 24 years we have lived here. $79.00 for a filet is a little pricey but I must say it was worth every penny of it. Great place for that extra special occasion, which this evening was for us. Expensive at the end but again worth every penny we spent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply the best Ive hadOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/8/2014From the moment we set foot in Michaels we were treated like royalty. The service was extremely efficient and discreet and any questions we had about the menu were answered in full. The food itself was quite simply perfect and served with old style panache. I will be recommending Michaels to anyone who asks and the fact that the restaurant was filled with local Las Vegas residents tells you everything you need to know.Special Features:
- Expensive for a Fair mealFineDined on 8/7/2014We went for our 11 year wedding anniversary. The entrance and ambience is outstanding! The Service was very good! Our bill was $322.00 for 1 cocktail each, 1 shared appetizer and a meal priced for 2. We did bring our own bottle of wine that they had a corking charge of $35.00. Overall when you compare everything we would not rate real high on our list!Special Features:
- Great fine diningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014We were very surprised at the level of intimacy and quality and quantity of food!Special Features:
- JackVIPDined on 7/24/2014Atmosphere--magnificent Service--tremendous food--spectacularSpecial Features:
- Beautiful RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/19/2014This was our second visit to Michael's which was as enjoyable and delicious as the first. Wait staff is friendly and attentive.Special Features:
- Dinner at Michael'sRestReviewDined on 7/19/2014We had a First Class dining experience at Michael's at The South Point in Las Vegas. As I told our waiter, the food was second ONLY to the service.Special Features:
- Hidden Gem with a story to tellOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/18/2014The menu, atmosphere and service are completely "Old School". It is a Great experience that only a handful of restaurants execute these days. Table side presentations of Caesar salad, chateaubriand, bananas foster, and cherries jubilee are all part of the repertoire. The food is very good as is the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Fine DiningCajunDined on 7/15/2014I have been to Michaels 7 times and have been impressed each time. As a frequent traveler that eats at steakhouses all over the United States, I feel that Micheals quality of food and service puts them in the top tier if not the top. You need to go hungry because the quantity of food is more than enough to fill you up. Save room for the desserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Vegas Classic!csmartreviewsVIPDined on 7/11/2014We used to go to Michael's years ago ago at the Barbary Coast. We finally just returned to the new location at the South Point Hotel and it was fabulous. The same "old Vegas" vibe, impeccable service, an abundance of food and a truly special experience. Truly a gem in Vegas. It's certainly expensive but worth it for the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply The BestOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/8/2014The best restaurant in Las Vegas, and I've been to all of the highly rated ones.Special Features:
- Treated Like a KingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/7/2014Willy and the staff treated us like royalty. It's a must place for us each time we visit Las Vegas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love MichaelscatdocVIPDined on 6/27/2014Dover sole is excellent. Five star service as usual. We dine here at least twice during our vegas staysSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Most Special Eveninggr8timeDined on 6/21/2014Each time we have dined at Michael's it has been memorable! The atmosphere is elegant. The service impeccable and the food outstanding! It is our most favorite restaurant for a special occasion! World Class! After cruises and world travel Michael's can compare to any fine dining restaurant we have visited.Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/20/2014Every course was a culinary adventure, from the starter toasted pumpernickel bread with parmesan to the finishing golden chocolate pieces. The staff was very polite, helpful, and knowledgeable. Wing Lei used to have the best sea bass- now it's definitely Michael's.Special Features:
- If it's a special occasionallietooDined on 6/15/2014If you are celebrating a special occasion, event or just want to feel extra special this is the place to go. You would never ever guess this restaurant is inside a casino. If you never experienced old style Vegas dining you must go here once. Every time we go for dinner I feel like I have stepped back in time. The food is excellent and the service is 5 star, I don't think there is anything you could request that they wouldn't be able to provide. We have never been rushed. The prices are equal to the food and service. We highly recommend Michael's at South Point, everyone should go at least once.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great show, but not so tastybazhenchikDined on 6/10/2014Each course is a show: the waiters finalize preparation of each course at your table. The serving is also very original: the shrimp cocktail was in a ice glass, the dessert was on fire, etc. It's like the food theatre;) The staff is very elegantly dressed and very attentive. Great idea for the wine list: they have collected the labels from the wines and stuck them as a book. But to be honest, I did not quite like the taste of majority of the food I tried. Maybe it was a bad choice from the menu -I don't know.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The BestGeaux62Dined on 6/8/2014This is the best restaurant in Las Vegas. It is well worth the trip to Southpoint. Impeccable service. Amazing food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow!cMazVIPDined on 6/4/2014We've eaten here previously and wanted to experience again truly fine dining. This outing exceeded our expectations! Best crab cake I've ever had! Service was impeccable. Steaks divine. What more can you say but WOW!Special Features:
- worldtravelerDined on 5/23/2014After all these years, Michael's is still the best place in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Phenomenal service!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/19/2014Took my wife for a special night out. Michael's sure did not disappoint. Excellent service with great food. It has an old Vegas feel. Our server and waitstaff were very attentive and immediately available for any request. The restaurant is small but very nice.Special Features:
- 49th anniversity dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/15/2014you made a special time even more special,dinner was top shelf, service perfect,in other words just the way I had planned to spend this important date; Thanks again for a great eveningSpecial Features:
- WinefoodwinefoodDined on 5/15/2014The service is second to none in the world! The stone crab appetizer was superb as was the ceasar salad. The rack of lamb was good but not great. The mint jelly which accompanied the dish was yet another example of a preparation detail that escapes most modern menus. We had a total of 4 desert courses partly because we were celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary. The wine list is not extensive but was surprisingly well priced (Robert Mondavi Reserve Cab 2009= $140.00...they are begging you to drink a bottle of this excellent wine). All in all, a great and memorable time was had by my wife and I. We would certainly return the next time we are in Vegas and we also encourage all the foodies to plan a visit ASAP!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow Impressive!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/10/2014Everything from the time you enter until the time you leave is impeccable!Special Features:
- longMarriagesDined on 5/10/2014This restaurant was the best I could have ask for. This was my wife and my 40th anniversary and we were very pleased with the whole experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old World CharmOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/10/2014If you are looking for a place which highlights the old school way of dining and treating people, this is the place! We felt taken care of from the moment we walked in until the time we left. Where else do you still get table side service and sorbet between courses to clean your palate, no where but Michael's. We had an amazing dinner and service! It is tucked away in a local casino, and you might never know it was there, but try it! Great place for special occasions!!!Special Features:
- Another great dining experiencecatdocVIPDined on 5/8/2014Once again michaels does not disappoint. Caesar salad, dover sole, steak were all top notch. Excellent and attentive service. Our favorite vegas restaurant by far.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- deadon1Dined on 5/8/2014If Micheal's had one fault it would be that diners who come dressed (Coat and/or Tie) are left with the feeling that they are paying for the crem de la crem so that other guest can show up in Blue denims and Tea Shirts can eat in Berger King attire. One look at these guest and it cheapens the place. A really fine restaurant will not allow anyone admittance with out a coat and tie. This is the norm of the fine establishment in New Orleans. I have eaten at Micheals at least once a year and as many time as three times a year over the past 30 years. It not always this way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticLeweyDined on 5/7/2014I booked this based on reviews online for a group of friends. I could not have been happier with the outcome. The place had a great ambiance and the service is some of the best I have ever had anywhere. The menu was vast with many great choices for every course. The food was cooked perfectly and the array of taste for each course could not been better. The dinner was more of an event rather than just a meal.Special Features:
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/7/2014We celebrated our 30th Anniversary at Michaels and it was wonderful. Cannot believe that this was our first time dining there. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- always goodcatdocVIPDined on 5/5/2014We had an enjoyable dining experience. the service is always top notch and attentive.the caesar salad made table side is a must. my husband loves the olive and pickled vegetable tray they give you at the beginning. chateaubriand for two is where it is at, the meat is expertly cooked and the veggies with hollandaise are awesome. we are going back on thursday. michaels is worth every penny. i no longer enjoy dining on the strip after being spoiled here. the service and food are always consistently good, cant say that about other restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cassix and OutstandingSouthernstyleDined on 5/2/2014I love to splurge on fine restaurants, and Michael's is one of the finest dining experiences of my life. It's not nouveau or fusion cuisine. Their menu is traditional and focuses on dishes that they've spent decades refining. The service is, in a word, exceptional. Many of the dishes are prepared or finished table-side, with consummate care. The wine list is well balanced and reasonably priced. A word of warning - the portions are huge. If permitted, you may wish to split an entrée. My wife and I were each able to complete only about half of ours. Specialties include stone crab appetizer (in season), Caesar salad done table-side, lamb rack, and dover sole, which is flown in each day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ExperienceposypetalDined on 5/1/2014From the moment we walked in and were greeted by the maître d' to the moment we left, the whole experience was very special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Step Back To GreatnessJHRWFSHDined on 5/1/2014What a pleasure!! Everything about what you do, from the fresh & prime product driven menu to your table side preparation and exemplary service are found in very few remaining restaurants today. Bravo & Cheers to Michaels, you're in a class of your own. .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 439 reviews are from the Michael's - South Point Casino reviews archive.
- Absolutely Fantastic ExperienceSteveDined on 4/27/2014I have eaten at Michael's every time I visit Las Vegas and will continue to do so. There is not a better restaurant experience from the service, to the food, to the atmosphere. Every meal I have had at Michael's has been absolutlely fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemDiningLVVIPDined on 4/26/2014This restaurant, tucked away in the South Point Casino, is a throwback to old Las Vegas. Red velvet banquets and long stem red roses provide a romantic atmosphere.The service is impeccable, as is the food. The prices are steep but there a host of free amenities like the delicious relish plate and the huge bowl of fruit at the end. A truly special restaurant meant to be thoroughly enjoyed!Special Features:
- Great as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/25/2014it may not be affordable for every week dining, but it's well worth it for a special occasion.Special Features: