532 Margaret Street
Key West, FL 33040Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.michaelskeywest.com/
- Phone: 3052951300
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Nightly: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
Requests for specific tables will be honored on a first come first serve basis. If a specific table is a necessity please feel free to call us at 305-295-1300 after 3:30pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Executive Chef: Michael Wilson
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (bar only), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Michaels can cater any event from 20 to 200! You can expect our same attention to detail and excellence that you get when you dine with us! Let us make your special occasions out of this world!
- Private Party Facilities: Michaels can accommodate groups from 12 to 30 in our intimate garden. Is your group larger? Our main ding room seats 40. Larger still? Rent out the whole restaurant for a truly memorable event.
- Private Party Contact: Melanie Wilson 305-295-1300
A word from Michaels Restaurant
One of the finest Key West restaurants is nestled among the charming tropical back streets of Key West's Old Town District. Come discover a garden oasis where Chef Michael Wilson and his wife Melanie offer a classic menu with an island twist. Their emphasis on quality and service, coupled with casual island elegance, has established Michaels Restaurant as a favorite of Key West locals and visitors with discriminating dining palates. If you're searching for Key West restaurants, search no further. Treat yourself to a delicious dining experience outdoors in a relaxing Key West garden atmosphere or indoors in one of our two dining rooms. Michaels Restaurant is in Old Town Key West, near the corner of Southard Street- on Margaret Street. "From the first chilled martini to the last sumptuous bite of the warm chocolate volcano, Michaels will delight and satisfy. "Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Michaels Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Key West ›
Michaels Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
95 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (60)neighborhood gem (60)special occasion (57)romantic (53)fit for foodies (45)notable wine list (33)good for groups (19)late-night find (9)hot spot (6)vibrant bar scene (5)great for lunch (3)scenic view (3)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014The staff was very helpful, service was excellent as was the food. I would highly recommend Michael's if you are in Key West. This was by far the best place we had dinner, another place that was highly recommended was not even close to this.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GoodGrantandSusanDined on 10/23/2014We like Michaels. We've never been disappointed. Great steaks, catch of the day, and always the meatloaf (at the bar). Another good dining experience.Special Features:
- RiccoNickDined on 10/22/2014Our party of 10 was seated promptly in the garden during a very busy night during Fantasy Fest in Key West...the food and service was 5 star plus. Michaels is one of the best restaurants in the Keys !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Hidden GemOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/21/2014This restaurant is not listed in any of the magazines for 'local' places to eat, however, came recommended by locals we met when we stopped in Eaton Bike Shop. My husband had the filet mignon, which was perfectly cooked to his liking and was very tender. I had the duck, and it was also prepared very nice with potatoes, vegetables and an excellent reduction sauce. There is a casual atmosphere, we were in The Keys, of course, yet somewhere we could have a romantic dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/16/2014Green salad was a little disappointing because of size, the apple watermelon salad was a better sized salad. The fish (hog-fish and snapper) were both well prepared, and an excellent dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodJWurtzDined on 10/16/2014The food and ambience were outstanding!! Would definitely go back here.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/15/2014Must be one of Key West's most unexpected pleasures. Excellent food and we were treated like royalty. Outside dining was charming and cozy. We loved the entire experience and will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good foodDinerReviewerDined on 10/14/2014We ordered the veal and macadamia mahi, and both were very good. The vegetables were steamed nicely. Outstanding service by Kim. Parking around Michaels is mostly by permit, but we found a spot on one side of Southard St. Inside was nicely air-conditioned.Special Features:
- steakloversDined on 10/13/2014Michael's definitely exceeded our expectations. The presentation was very nice and the steaks were perfectly prepared. Dinner was not inexpensive, but worth it. The service was attentive without being obtrusive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful restaurant in Key westJeffVIPDined on 10/11/2014I only wish the restaurant was inclosed and had air conditioning! We walked quite a way and it was humid out. Dress accordingly. Everything else was wonderful!Special Features:
- DisappointingDisappointedDined on 10/11/2014Much hype about this place had informed host and open table about anniversary. Given secluded table outside back corner near stairs. Owner kept coming and going by table through narrow space. No fans or AC despite 85+F. There were good selections but high prices. Cocktails were excellent, wine choices limited. Excellent server Kim apologized. We left after appetizers that were so soSpecial Features:
- Fantastic dinner at MichaelsRR05Dined on 10/8/2014A small but well put together wine list started us off to a great dinner. The oyster appetizer was delicious and our main dishes were spectacular - my husband had the stuffed filet forno and I had the snapper both perfectly prepared. They had a chocolate volcano available for dessert but sadly between apps salads and the main we were too stuffed to consider it. The outdoor dining area is nice we sat next to the fountain and it was a bit loud but not too bad - we could still hear each other. We would DEFINATELY recommend Michaels to our friends .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinerVIPDined on 10/6/2014Lovely Key West mainstay. Wonderful service, along with a warm greeting from the young gentleman host. Meat dishes superb and the wine list is quite noteworthy. Definitely partake of this fine restaurant.Special Features:
- joanq12Dined on 10/3/2014It was wonderful and the food and service were superbSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceFishfinderDined on 10/2/2014Dined here for our anniversary. Very enjoyable meal and the server brought out a very memorable dessert. It is a few blocks away from the crowds and hustle of Duval Street, which is nice. We will be sure to dine here again visiting Key West again in the future.Special Features:
- Great DinnerDianeDined on 9/30/2014It's our 2nd time at Michael's and again it did not disappoint. It is our favorite place for dinner in Key West! Upon entering the restaurant, we requested inside, not knowing we had to do so when we made the reservation. Gregg the host took care of us beautifully and we were sat inside in a matter of minutes.. Love all the staff and can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Just the bestBobL1VIPDined on 9/30/2014September is the quiet month in Key West. The summer tourists have left and the winter snowbirds have not arrived yet. Many of the restaurants have closed for renovations. Many have reduced staff and menu choices. Michael's has stayed open and is on top of their game. We ate there twice this week. The hogfish in herbed panko this weekend was fabulous and the hogfish picatta a few days later was equally wonderful. They have a great staff. Suzette at the bar and Roberto on the wait staff are top-notch. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Great foodCricketDined on 9/28/2014I had been here before and wanted to take my mom somewhere special for her birthday. It was perfect. They put this fancy sparkler for a candle in her dessert. The food was outstanding as usual and the service was great. We were there on a Sunday night so it wasn't very crowded and it was nice to have a quiet & relaxing birthday dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentlovekeywestDined on 9/25/2014We both had the filet and it was excellent! Would gladly return. Had a special - $ 15 off bottles of wine which was nice and they celebrated my husband's birthday with a huge sparkler in his dessert. Very nice surprise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service, very good foodJPinvestVIPDined on 9/15/2014Servers were outstanding. Enjoyed the salads, seafood and wine. We did have two minor complaints. First, the night we dined at Michaels, inside, the table we were assigned was in a corner of the restaurant that was somewhat stuffy (poor ventilation) and a bit uncomfortable. The servers accommodated us with a table in a more comfortable area of the restaurant. Second, acoustics in the restaurant were poor and a little distracting, with conversations from most tables very loud: we were subjected to the intimate details of a couple at one table next to us and the irritating conversation of a group at another table near us. But overall the food, wine, and service and the romance of my life partner made this a very enjoyable meal.Special Features:
- Absolutely DelightfulMaddogDined on 9/15/2014My beloved wife and I dined at Michaels Restaurant in Key West and found it to be absolutely delightful. My wife had a salad and entree from the Specials Menu and both were excellent. I had the "Our Salad" which was salami, shrimp, pepperoncinis, egg, provolone, roasted red bell pepper and Bermuda onion tossed in a creamy Pecorino-Romano dressing and it was delicious. For my entree I had the Filet al Forno, which is a Filet Mignon topped with roasted garlic and Roquefort cheese. It was tasty and cooked just right. The service was friendly and attentive. This restaurant is certainly worth your time and moneySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best restaurant in Key WestDiner722VIPDined on 9/8/2014A server at another restaurant recommended Michaels and we were not disappointed. You don't think great steakhouses in Key West but the steaks are as good as any I have had anywhere. Kim,our server, was fantastic. My wife had the veal and declared it the best ever. Highly recommend Michaels while in Key West.Special Features:
- Lack of leadershipCheetahDined on 9/5/2014With a nice atmosphere like they have, no concerns for patrons. With a loud and obviously low class group of drunks no efforts were made by anyone to quiet them down. Always a problem in Kye West, but others have handled in better ways. Rounded the whole experience and will not come back, there are many resturants here so good competition. As a local I usually recieve a discount and better care. They shoud have moved us or done something, or compted us. But no apologies were even offered by the oblivious matrede .
- Used to be goodFoodiex2Dined on 9/4/2014Now overCooked food. The fish was way too overdone and bland, salads had too much dressing, and lettuce wilted. The beef was unedible, way over-cooked as well. Strange as we have had some good meals here but now will not return. Thankfully the service was quick as our friends had gone the night before and waited close to 2hrs for their entrees..
- Michaels Is GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/31/2014They have plenty of room inside and outside (covered) for you to choose, and the inside room where I sat had two tables and was very romantic. Michaels is a little bit pricey, but it is worth the extra expense, and it's a nice change to the food on Duval Street. It was within walking distance from the B & B we were staying at, in fact it was literally right around the corner. The food was hot and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerdinewithconfidenceDined on 8/28/2014My husband and I, along with our son and his fiancé, celebrated our anniversary at Michaels. We were extremely pleased with the food, service and ambiance of Michaels and will definitely return in the future. It is one of the best, if not the best restaurant in Key West. We have been going to Key West for 10 years and have eaten at many very good restaurants, but none compared to this. Would/will recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a really special place to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014Excellent food and service was over the top!! Would definitely recommend this place to all!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful service, wonderful mealOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/21/2014Our waiter could not have been more charming and polite. Our food was exceptional.Special Features:
- consistently excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/20/2014i visit Key West once a year and always make a dinner reservation @ Michael's. The food and service are excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb!HmcowgirlDined on 8/12/2014Everything was delicious from our salads and appetizers, to our entrees. Then the neopolitan key line dessert was the perfect finale with the crisp wafers and fresh berries. We would definitely go back the next time we're in the Keys!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZING!!!MsgrDined on 8/3/2014Simply amazing!!! The food, the service, the ambiance, the wine, all exquisite! Off the beaten path but well worth the walk both ways!! We WILL return, hopefully with a sizeable group. Perfect for an intimate dinner, a gathering, meeting friends. FAR EXCEEDED A&BSpecial Features:
- great food + Chicago beefqjacksonDined on 7/27/2014The owner Michael has roots in Chicago so that was a plus for me. The food was amazing. The only set back was the typical Key West night time heat and humidity.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always outstandingTinabinaDined on 7/25/2014We enjoyed another wonderful evening at Michael's. We were in excellent hands with Todd at the helm. Michael's is a mandatory stop each time we visit Key West and we were not disappointed this visit. We look forward to seeing you next time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bourbon and SNL RecapsWoztini1Dined on 7/25/2014What a delightful evening. We had the pleasure of dining on the patio and Rob took care of us. We became fast friends. He was on the money with all his recommendations. The Peppered Ahi Tuna was off-the-charts. We all went with the Veal Chop, as we are already frequent flyers with Allen Brothers in the red meat department. It DID NOT disappoint. We had lots of bourbon (which is not the norm for Key West) and their selection was vast. Somehow we got onto the top of SNL when it was actually good. Lots of laughs and impersonations by all. Thanks for a wonderful evening! See you next year!Special Features:
- Hidden GemJuicyDined on 7/23/2014The food and the service were excellent. I just didn't like sitting at the bar to wait for our table because we were 10 min. early and several tables were open. Other then that, excellent dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/22/2014From the front door greeting to the beautifully set table I special requested, our party of 6 wanted for nothing. The wine , the food & the service was just as always, perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, Good ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/22/2014It's pricey, but you feel satisfied after dinner. They take good care of their customers too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of Key West's bestWreenoDined on 7/21/2014Always one of Key West's best dining experiences. The food, ambiance, and service are always top notch in this restaurant in a once private residence.Special Features:
- Exciting FindKeyWestTouristDined on 7/21/2014I found this restaurant while searching on the internet. Once in Key West, talking to a few locals, they were surprised because they considered it a local favorite. Personally, I'm glad we found it because the meal was amazing. The cocktails also were well made with great flavor. Dessert was also delicious. My wife and i enjoyed the outdoor seating near a water feature. It's also within easy walking distance from most of Key West's main attractions.Special Features:
- A MUST in Old Town Key West.Shoshonna721Dined on 7/21/2014Simply the best. FOOD was absurdly good, staff extremely pleasant and attentive, and the historic charm of Michael's made 6 people, including 2 teens, extremely happy. We will go back, absolutely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.