532 Margaret Street
Key West, FL 33040Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.michaelskeywest.com/
- Phone: 3052951300
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Nightly: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
Requests for specific tables will be honored on a first come first serve basis. If a specific table is a necessity please feel free to call us at 305-295-1300 after 3:30pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Executive Chef: Michael Wilson
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (bar only), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Michaels can cater any event from 20 to 200! You can expect our same attention to detail and excellence that you get when you dine with us! Let us make your special occasions out of this world!
- Private Party Facilities: Michaels can accommodate groups from 12 to 30 in our intimate garden. Is your group larger? Our main ding room seats 40. Larger still? Rent out the whole restaurant for a truly memorable event.
- Private Party Contact: Melanie Wilson 305-295-1300
A word from Michaels Restaurant
One of the finest Key West restaurants is nestled among the charming tropical back streets of Key West's Old Town District. Come discover a garden oasis where Chef Michael Wilson and his wife Melanie offer a classic menu with an island twist. Their emphasis on quality and service, coupled with casual island elegance, has established Michaels Restaurant as a favorite of Key West locals and visitors with discriminating dining palates. If you're searching for Key West restaurants, search no further. Treat yourself to a delicious dining experience outdoors in a relaxing Key West garden atmosphere or indoors in one of our two dining rooms. Michaels Restaurant is in Old Town Key West, near the corner of Southard Street- on Margaret Street. "From the first chilled martini to the last sumptuous bite of the warm chocolate volcano, Michaels will delight and satisfy. "Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Michaels Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Key West ›
Michaels Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
118 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (75)neighborhood gem (69)special occasion (68)romantic (64)fit for foodies (53)notable wine list (34)good for groups (23)vibrant bar scene (7)late-night find (6)hot spot (4)kid-friendly (4)great for brunch (2)scenic view (2)great for lunch (2)Show More
- Michaels Is GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/31/2014They have plenty of room inside and outside (covered) for you to choose, and the inside room where I sat had two tables and was very romantic. Michaels is a little bit pricey, but it is worth the extra expense, and it's a nice change to the food on Duval Street. It was within walking distance from the B & B we were staying at, in fact it was literally right around the corner. The food was hot and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerdinewithconfidenceDined on 8/28/2014My husband and I, along with our son and his fiancé, celebrated our anniversary at Michaels. We were extremely pleased with the food, service and ambiance of Michaels and will definitely return in the future. It is one of the best, if not the best restaurant in Key West. We have been going to Key West for 10 years and have eaten at many very good restaurants, but none compared to this. Would/will recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a really special place to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014Excellent food and service was over the top!! Would definitely recommend this place to all!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful service, wonderful mealOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/21/2014Our waiter could not have been more charming and polite. Our food was exceptional.Special Features:
- consistently excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/20/2014i visit Key West once a year and always make a dinner reservation @ Michael's. The food and service are excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb!HmcowgirlDined on 8/12/2014Everything was delicious from our salads and appetizers, to our entrees. Then the neopolitan key line dessert was the perfect finale with the crisp wafers and fresh berries. We would definitely go back the next time we're in the Keys!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZING!!!MsgrDined on 8/3/2014Simply amazing!!! The food, the service, the ambiance, the wine, all exquisite! Off the beaten path but well worth the walk both ways!! We WILL return, hopefully with a sizeable group. Perfect for an intimate dinner, a gathering, meeting friends. FAR EXCEEDED A&BSpecial Features:
- great food + Chicago beefqjacksonDined on 7/27/2014The owner Michael has roots in Chicago so that was a plus for me. The food was amazing. The only set back was the typical Key West night time heat and humidity.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always outstandingTinabinaDined on 7/25/2014We enjoyed another wonderful evening at Michael's. We were in excellent hands with Todd at the helm. Michael's is a mandatory stop each time we visit Key West and we were not disappointed this visit. We look forward to seeing you next time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bourbon and SNL RecapsWoztini1Dined on 7/25/2014What a delightful evening. We had the pleasure of dining on the patio and Rob took care of us. We became fast friends. He was on the money with all his recommendations. The Peppered Ahi Tuna was off-the-charts. We all went with the Veal Chop, as we are already frequent flyers with Allen Brothers in the red meat department. It DID NOT disappoint. We had lots of bourbon (which is not the norm for Key West) and their selection was vast. Somehow we got onto the top of SNL when it was actually good. Lots of laughs and impersonations by all. Thanks for a wonderful evening! See you next year!Special Features:
- Hidden GemJuicyDined on 7/23/2014The food and the service were excellent. I just didn't like sitting at the bar to wait for our table because we were 10 min. early and several tables were open. Other then that, excellent dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/22/2014From the front door greeting to the beautifully set table I special requested, our party of 6 wanted for nothing. The wine , the food & the service was just as always, perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, Good ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/22/2014It's pricey, but you feel satisfied after dinner. They take good care of their customers too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of Key West's bestWreenoDined on 7/21/2014Always one of Key West's best dining experiences. The food, ambiance, and service are always top notch in this restaurant in a once private residence.Special Features:
- Exciting FindKeyWestTouristDined on 7/21/2014I found this restaurant while searching on the internet. Once in Key West, talking to a few locals, they were surprised because they considered it a local favorite. Personally, I'm glad we found it because the meal was amazing. The cocktails also were well made with great flavor. Dessert was also delicious. My wife and i enjoyed the outdoor seating near a water feature. It's also within easy walking distance from most of Key West's main attractions.Special Features:
- A MUST in Old Town Key West.Shoshonna721Dined on 7/21/2014Simply the best. FOOD was absurdly good, staff extremely pleasant and attentive, and the historic charm of Michael's made 6 people, including 2 teens, extremely happy. We will go back, absolutely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good find away from DuvalTknoGeekDined on 7/20/2014Great tasting food with very good service. We sat outside on their patio and found the ambience quite enjoyable. This restaurant is a few blocks away from the...energy of Duval Street so it's nice and relaxed. We recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meat loaf nightMikeVIPDined on 7/17/2014I had been threatening to have the meatloaf for 12 years, and finaly did tonite. Had the Lighter Menu portion and it was delicious. I won't wait that long again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tribe chiefTribechiefVIPDined on 7/12/2014We have eaten at Michael's often, but not recently. The service was fine. The interior space is tired. The prices -even for Key West -are astronomical: $ 37 for a simply prepared local fish- $60 for a a bottle of Macon-are you kidding? I could eat at LeBernadin for about the same.
- Great Food and accommodatingCRZYK9SDined on 7/5/2014This was our third time here and as always the service and food is wonderful. My wife is a vegetarian and has certain dietary restrictions there're always very accommodating in making sure she is able to have a great experience too. The restaurant is nestled in a house in Old town and that adds great ambience. Almost forgot the Key Lime Pie is really good :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RTRfoodieDined on 7/5/2014Fabulous time sharing such a wonderful restaurant with great friends. We had to add more guests at the last hour and were graciously accommodated. Brady as usual, was an outstanding server. We will continue to recommend this fabulous place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful eveningLuvgreatfoodDined on 7/5/2014The menu is varied so everyone can find something to their liking. The food is delicious and the wait staff are very nice. The pricing is also at a level for various wallets. A wonderful time was had by all. We go,at least once,every time we are in Key West.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Great; Service LackingMommaDined on 6/28/2014Michael's is a lovely Key West restaurant and one of our favorites. We took our realtor to dinner to thank him for closing a deal for us. We arrived a bit early for our 7:00 p.m. reservation but were seated immediately. There were waitstaff milling around and they were attentive to other tables but no one checked on us. Perhaps they were waiting for the final member of our party to arrive but I don't think that is any sort of excuse not to check in with us. After about 10 minutes the busboy finally brought us water and bread but we still hadn't been addressed by the waitstaff. Finally, after 17 minutes of waiting, our waiter sauntered over to take our drink order. Service the rest of the night was spotty, at best. Food was fabulousSpecial Features:
- Anniversary DinnerJodeeDined on 6/26/2014Went to Key West for our 10th anniversary and choose Michaels for our anniversary dinner. We ate outside by the fountain, shaded and fans so perfect temperature. Fabulous wine list. We ordered crab cakes, steak and a shrip with pasta. Everything was amazing!! Great service without being pretentious. We will be back to Key West and back to Michaels.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and characterLove2eatDined on 6/25/2014This place was recommended to us and I am glad we came. The service was great and the food was amazing. It made for such a good night out for my wife and I.Special Features:
- AmazingWonderfulDined on 6/24/2014We 1st went to Michaels for our wedding dinner 4 years ago, we wanted to go back for our anniversary dinner and again it did not disappoint. Amazing food with flavor that knocks you off your feet, great service from our server Kim. It is an eloquent yet comfortable spot.Special Features:
- Michaels Key WestchapelhillchuckDined on 6/21/2014Maybe we were tired from being in the sun all day or the late reservation that we booked but this was a good but not great dinner. I think it started with having a hard time finding a place to park that wasn't reserved for the local residences. Our table was in the middle of the restaurant and we were surrounded by parties of 4 and 6 that were not talking in whispers. the service was solid but off just a little to result in a 3 star rating rather than 4. My award - winning veal chop was tasty but being stuffed with a very salty ham did not suit my taste. However the grouper that my wife had was very tasty. I would go back and give it another try.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Evening!REPMAPDined on 6/16/2014We had an incredible experience at Michael's. The restaurant is in what appears to be an original Key West style residence, with charm and character, inside is a formal dining room and outside is cozy Key West style raw bar feeling seating. The food was delishious, meals original yet grounded in Key's traditions; we recommend the Seafood Jambalia. The service was perfect, great smiles and friendly interactions. They were constantly attending to us, but didn't make it a distraction. Great place for a special occasion. We can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steaks!TheresaDined on 6/14/2014Excellent food and great service, too. Stop making me type 50 characters.Special Features:
- Great menu, great selectionOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/13/2014This was the second time that my family ate at Micheals, and it was worth the trip back. The menu had a great selection of items from steak, veal chop to seafood. I had the scallops with brie with a port wine reduction as an appetizer, and it was fabulous! I had the macadamia crusted mahi as my main course, and that too was outstanding. My husband had the veal chop and my kids had steak and pasta and they throughly enjoyed their meal.Special Features:
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/12/2014We went to Michael's for our anniversary dinner and it was great. I would recommend this to anyone visiting the key west area in the future. Great food, good service overall good experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A key west classicElevatedLadyDined on 6/11/2014As a local I have dined here many times. I like taking visitors here because I know they will get a great meal and it's a true example of a classic neighborhood gem. Hidden away among historic homes, the neighborhood is delightful to stroll through. The staff is awesome, many have been there for years and make the experience all the better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- weekend getawayOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/8/2014we went to key west for a weekend getaway . I researched some restaurants and Michaels had a great reputation. It did not disappoint. The atmosphere was charming, the service was great, and the food outstanding. the chocolate volcano for dessert is a mustSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/8/2014Had dinner here while on vacation and celebrating daughters 21st birthday. Food was fabulous! My husband says its the best piece of steak he's ever had . Outdoor patio was a nice change ; except for the few flies which I guess can't be helped. Service was great and all of our meals were outstanding. Definitely will be back next time we are in Key West. May choose a table inside though.Special Features:
- Great food & service.HavnfunDined on 6/6/2014Wonderful dinner. Especially liked the lite menu. Wish we would have been offered indoor seating. Quite warm to be seated outside. Fans weren't enough for our group. Kim our server was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Key West BestTraciLDined on 6/5/2014Michael's is one of many reasons I make the annual trek to Key West. Over the years, I have eaten at a lot of very fine dining establishments. Michael's continually remains at the top of the list. From appetizer to dessert, your tastebuds will be overjoyed. This year, a newbie joined our dining group and the scallops were so wonderful that it nearly made her cry. ; ). If you're in Key West, DON'T miss Michael's!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOzzieDined on 6/5/2014Went there for our 20th anniversary. I had the Allen Brothers filet it was awesome!! My wife had the scallops and they were delicious!! Freya was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great diningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/5/2014Excellent food, service and ambiance. Inside or outside is charming dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timeFoodeDined on 6/4/2014Wonderful meal. We always try to make reservations at Michaels whenever we are in Key West.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DownfromthenorthDined on 6/4/2014My husband and I enjoyed the out door seating. Our artichoke appetizer was fantastic, along with a delicious meal and great wine. I would recommend Michael's to anyone visiting Key West.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.