Michael's Pizzeria - Rancho Mirage
71-800 Highway 111
Rancho Mirage, CA 92270Neighborhood:
PizzeriaPrice: $30 and under
Michael's Pizzeria - Rancho Mirage
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.michaelspizzeria.com/
- Phone: 7603414222x
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 11:00am - 5:00pm
Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: David Coleman
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Counter Seating, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Michael's Pizzeria - Rancho Mirage
Located at The River at Bob Hope and 111, Michael's Pizzeria is where classic and modern meet. When you visit, it won’t take you long to learn what countless happy customers and the folks at Zagat already know: This is some of the best Neapolitan pizza in the country. Whether you want to enjoy the simple perfection of a Margherita, or something a little out of the ordinary, your pizza will be made with the freshest ingredients possible and cooked just right in their 800°F wood-burning oven. But it’s not all pizza at Michael’s Pizzeria. They also offer delicious appetizers, salads, entrees cooked and served in cast iron skillets, and of course, an excellent selection of beer and wine. Michael’s Pizzeria is where people go to “try pizza for the very first time.”Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Michael's Pizzeria - Rancho Mirage - Best Restaurants in Rancho Mirage ›
Michael's Pizzeria - Rancho Mirage reviews from OpenTable diners
37 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.2Noise LevelModerate
kid-friendly (10)fit for foodies (9)special occasion (8)neighborhood gem (7)great for lunch (7)good for groups (5)hot spot (3)romantic (2)notable wine list (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Rude server TODDOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/27/2014this place was very good, but not anymore, my waiter made a mistake in my order, had only 1 table. My waiter was rude and makes you feel unwelcome. it's my last time in this poor place,Special Features:
- Spectacular serviceEstelleVIPDined on 10/25/2014Very pleasant restaurant. Relaxing atmosphere. Very service oriented. Nice variety on menu of pizza and salads. A cut above the usual pizza fare.Special Features:
- Authentic Thin crust pizzaFoodieVIPDined on 10/24/2014very similar to Italy… very good… good variety of speciality beers as well
- Wanted to love it, but . . .jomjDined on 10/9/2014After everything I've read about Michael's, I was prepared to love this place. I hope they were just having an "off" night. The employees seemed very nice but our server forgot the bread order, brought my pizza about 10 minutes before my friend's (which meant mine was lukewarm, at best), and they had sliced the pizzas even though we had asked for them the "Michael's" way (unsliced). I'll try it again because a) our server was very sweet, and b) I really hope it was just "one of those nights" for them.
- TaborLnTaborLnDined on 10/4/2014This was our second time at Michael's. The first time was with a group of 8. We had a great time. We were able to easily share food choices. The service was excellent. The second time was just two of us. This time we just had a dinner of small plates and salads. The food and service were excellent. We will be going back more often and picking up food to bring home.Special Features:
- DissapointedLucyDined on 9/26/2014We have been to this restaurant a dozen times in the past for dinner. This was our first luncheon experience.The service was terrible. Maybe it was her first day and if so, she should have let us know that. We had to ask her for everything and there was 1 or maybe 2 other tables. We literally had to flag her down for more water and she brought it to the table and filled one out of the 3 glasses that were less than a quarter full. The pizza took forever, again we had to flag her down for a status. When we gave her credit cards and asked that a certain amount be put on each one, that took a long time as well. She saw us looking at her & then said she needed to wait for the manager to get off his phone .Special Features:
- Bad service bad foodCarolDined on 9/1/2014This is a very pretty place, but the food and my waiter was at best mediocre. I can't imagine what I was expecting. Looks like the owners rather make money then providing excellent service to the customers . This place is not how it use to be .Special Features:
- Terribly and slow serviceBtr2Dined on 8/31/2014The service was horrible and the food was alright. Not at all worth the cost and time. The manager and the waitress were incredibly rude and bad mouthed their own employees which automatically put me off for eating there ever again.Special Features:
- Very disappointingBrovtrDined on 8/24/2014The service was terrible Our waiter barely checked in on us and by the end of the meal completely disappeared didn't bring any waterSpecial Features:
- Loyal customersMagscotDined on 8/16/2014I don't know what happen but everything has been going down. Jaime was always our server, very friendly, respectful and attentive with us including our friends. We ask for him and we find out he's no longer working there, very awful news, he was such a great server. Two weeks ago we had our first bad experience regarding the service. I complained about the server on Yelp but I guest you guys delete the review. The server was very rude. I decided to make my reservation, this time our server was a female who we seen before. she took our order completely wrong, she forgot about my glass of wine and never checked up on us,we're not coming back . unfortunately it's not the same. As much as I love your Finocciona salad and margherita pizza.Special Features:
- Excellent PizzaSoCalColtsFanDined on 8/16/2014The speck pizza with mission figs was fantastic as always. The service was prompt and extremely friendly. We love coming here anytime we are in the Palm Desert Area.Special Features:
- Mediocre restaurantRiyvrDined on 8/11/2014Food was marginal. Creepy waiter. Tood Took forever to get the order and they were not busy and it was so mediocre. No way would we ever go back to this over priced restaurant. Oh , the water was warm. First really bad sign.
- Great surpriseBonniegamemastrDined on 8/8/2014Hey, I heard that this is one of the best pizzerias in the US, so when I had the chance to book a table for 8 for an upcoming birthday, I thought that would be a great chance to try it. We got there and found a great corner large booth waiting for us (I made a reservation through Open Table). Our server was fantastic, great service. They have this special oil made of chiles on the table that is homemade that you can drizzle on your pizza. They have homemade dough and even make their own cheese! Let's just say that I'm a big fan of this place now that I've tasted what real homemade Italian pizza is supposed to be like! BonnieSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor service :(LoutwitDined on 8/8/2014I've been a long time fan and I just can't believe how disappointing the quality of service and food at this restaurant is NOW . Wait staff is unfriendly, rude , mostly. (I only know my waiter name is from the bill/receipt.) The waiter never refilled our waters. Sorry Carl , but we never coming back to this location .Special Features:
- Rude Waiter , great pizzaWillianHDined on 8/1/2014Unfortunately, the service here was horrrrrrrible todd it's so rude never offered appetizers, drinks show up 15 minutes later. We sit and wait and wait and wait, 20 minutes later, we are still waiting. Mind you have we two boys, 8 and 10 year olds, which are getting squirmy. Note, the restaurant is not full at all. As a matter of fact the couple next to us, showed up 10 minutes after us, get served an appetizer and their pizza within 20 minutes. Todd finally shows up . Wow! thanks! Throughout the entire experience he is simply ignoring us, chatting with other employees. You say,"Why even go back?!!!" But, the pizza was good! Yes, if only their service matched the quality of their pizza.Special Features:
- it's a great deal , but that's itWx54brDined on 7/29/2014The service is really bad but with this awesome promotion it's worth it on Tuesday night . You can't complain, when there's a magnificent offer of 2 glasses of wine for the price of 1and 25 cent. It makes you forget your burn pizza and the bad service from your waiter. I will go back just for the offer of 2x1 even if I get a burn pizza and my waiter is a bad mood, this is a really good offer you can't go wrong with that. It's great for friends on a Tuesday night .Special Features:
- Todd a rude serverYulikgt25Dined on 7/28/2014This is the first time I have ever used opentable to actually write a review! I visited michaels pizzeria yesterday .. And is my last time here . If a employee is not in the mood to work, it's not my fault. Todd my waiter was very arrogant and aggressive, I'm not coming back for my awful experience. On another note the food was very delicious but I'm sorry Michaels for having this kind of employee working for a good placeSpecial Features:
- excellent experienceHappyfoodDined on 7/26/2014Our waiter Jaime was courteous enough to tell us about their specials and gave a few recommendations. I enjoyed the lasagna and my mother had their special pizza (salamis) My salad was made with the freshest ingredients, I really enjoyed it. the service is outstanding thanks Jaime , manager came to our table to see if everything was ok. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Best pizzaHrfoodDined on 7/25/2014I am sooo happy that we came here on our vacation! Jimmy the waiter is awesome who served us amazing. He made me the best cappuccino and the pizza carbonara with the special wine was the best suggestion I've had in a long time!! So glad we came here! Best food and location ever. This place was amazing. the restaurant itself is beautiful.Special Features:
- Hot spot , amazing serviceLuve2eatDined on 7/16/2014Our go-to restaurant when we visit Palm Springs which is about twice a year. Calamari is amazing and the margherita pizza is the one of the best pizza's We've ever had, which is crazy considering we don't like any pizza that isn't all-meat. When our server (jimmy) first stopped by to introduce himself, he had plastic cups (filled with ice water for the kids) and pizza dough (for them to play with a la Play-doh) in hand All too often servers treat families with kids as second-class citizens, but this was not the case here. Needless to say, Jimmy was fantastic throughout the meal and I didn't think twice about doubling my gratuity. Equally important was the food. Everything was perfectly cooked and constructed from high-quality ingredientsSpecial Features:
- $$$ regards to pizza establishmentsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/8/2014This has to be considered an outing of special occasion since the cost average per person was $25 not including tip. This is not the average pizza cost to dine out. But, the pizza were delicious so one would have to consider this as a specialty restaurant and not bring the ballteam and cover the bill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best!smile4mickeyVIPDined on 7/6/2014It's one of the best places for pizza in the Palm Springs area! It's a place to go at least once a month! Everything is fresh and simply delicious!Special Features:
- A totally disappointed experienceC00kerVIPDined on 7/5/2014Poor food and service. One good thing was each kids were being comped by stretching their own pizza (what a fun thing for kids!), then they will bake em and serve, but the bottom of pizza were totally black and burned! Our pizza were very doughy, wet sauce, very few cheese and were too watery, also burned at bottom, and bland. We also had the salad and was just good, but portion way too small. Calamari was flat and greasy. On the service side, extremely slow, waited about 45 minutes after ordering. We had to ask for bread, but unlike other tables, they brought us just bread without oil and had to ask for them. Servers checked if everything was ok, just just tell them good, but they should have been aware we waited too long enough!Special Features:
- The following 46 reviews are from the Michael's Pizzeria - Rancho Mirage reviews archive.
- Excellent service & foodLovefoodDined on 6/25/2014I really can't stress how much I enjoyed this place , I'm new to the area and michaels pizzeria is already on my regular list , went yesterday with my family and was pleasantly surprised by the level of service and the outstanding food . Our server Jaime was absolutely professional , knew the menu like the back of his hand , and was even able to recommend a dish for my grandmother and her very restrictive diet . My brother his girlfriend and I decided to go with a bunch of plates and pizzas and it ended up being perfect for a hot day , the calamari was probably one of the best . :)Special Features:
- What a find ....outfordinnerDined on 6/17/2014We had a great evening....wonderful pizza and the desserts were remarkable. We had a great server that was attentive to us and made great recommendations. This was our first time to Palm Springs and we know we will be back and will be looking forward to coming back here for a great meal...thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service by JaimeKat2ftDined on 6/14/2014What a nice place , my waiter was patient , helpful , and he was able to answer any question I had , there were 6 of us , first time there so we ordered different things . Everything was just amazing Customers service was great , our waiter Jaime make us feel welcome , TOO GOOD because good customer service is hard to find . The only bad thing, the wines are very expensive .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome and delicious pizza!smile4mickeyVIPDined on 6/13/2014Everyone should try it once! You'll get addicited. They make the dough, cheese and sauce in house and very fresh! It's a must try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go-to PlaceencurtidoDined on 6/6/2014I work in Palm Springs about 20 days a year and Michael's is across the street from where we hold the conferences. It has become our go-to place for a relaxing and delicious meal. They have a nice wine list too.Special Features:
- Great food...but that's about itDaniSDined on 6/2/2014The food here is ABSOLUTELY delicious.....it really is but overall with our server Tania lee I believe and the layout and ambiance it brought it down for me. I would simply just go for the pizza and take it to go. it's DEFINITELY not kid-friendly and our server was NOT a server just an order taker it almost felt like she HATED coming to her tables. The colors of the place are used very well together but we couldn't appreciate much of the place having been stuck in a corner with the only option of facing another table that was 5 inches away. Like I said everything we ordered was FANTASTIC just disappointed that I will take out instead of fine in next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/23/2014Food was ok, nothing to rave about. Not sure what happened to our order because twice we heard our pizza was just about done. Red sauce tasted like tomato paste right out of the can. Beverages were too expensive.
- woooooooowDanYDined on 5/13/2014My second time here and I definitely I love it , a nice chat with my waiter about the word cup and soccer he's just really good , good guy the same with the cooks they make you have a great time , lary explain to me how they make the cheese , sausage etc .. Very interesting I came on a perfect day my waiter explained to me about the special of the day MY SECOND GLASS OF WINE FOR ONLY 25 cents , whatttttttttttt ?? Yes only 25 cents . The food it's OUTSTANDING 5 stars for the food 5 stars for the serviceI would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service by jimmyLoveMicaDined on 5/3/2014I tried this place for the first time last night and it was amazing best pizza in the desert , my waiter was the best. GREAT SERVICE , I definitely be back .Special Features:
- Service and Food is GreatRWPalmDesertDined on 4/23/2014From the moment we entered we felt well taken care of. Friendly staff all the way from hostess to Manager, including cooks. Food is outstanding and everything we ordered was fantastic. Excellent Italian food. Great variety of Pizza's and we tried the nightly special, it was fettuccini with brazed oxen tail, they were outstanding. Will go back again for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok, but would not last long in NYC.BubblesDined on 4/22/2014Excellent salad. Calzone - mediocre at best; peas do not belong in a calzone, sausage too peppery, minimal ricotta, but excellent mozzarella. Pizza crust good, but 2 little leaves of basil on a margherita? Tried to fancy up the cannoli, but flavor lost in too much lemon zest.
- Great Neighborhood FindRickDined on 3/30/2014Small, intimate restaurant, with a great pizza menu. Skillet dishes are really tasty. Highly recommend. Make reservations!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedLibramoonDined on 3/28/2014Poor service, tiny portions, uncomfortable seating, not a good value at all. I wont be back.
- This restaurant is probablyOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/26/2014This restaurant is probably okay when people are able to eat outside but due to wind that didn't happen the night we were there. We had to wait a half hour after our reservation time for a table and during that time apparently they sold out of the pasta which is what we went threw to try. Later we were hearing people being served pasta after we ordered other entrées. The guy and gal in charge tried very hard to make everything work but this place is too small in my opinion to take reservations, We will not go back in spite of the food being pretty good.
- ServiceSorryDined on 3/24/2014The service was terrible from the time we walked in the door!
- Love this pizzaObanoneVIPDined on 3/19/2014Always try to dine here when in the desert. Salads are wonderful and the pizza's are just like you find in Italy.I would recommend this to a friend.
- In my opinion, Michael's hasRickRipsDined on 3/14/2014In my opinion, Michael's has the best pizza in Palm Springs area. Great service from a very friendly staff. Good value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.