Michael's Pizzeria - Long Beach
210 East 3rd Street
Long Beach, CA 90802Neighborhood:
PizzeriaPrice: $30 and under
Michael's Pizzeria - Long Beach
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.michaelspizzeria.com/
- Phone: 5624912100x
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 11:30am - 5:00pm
Daily: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: David Coleman
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Michael's Pizzeria - Long Beach
Located on the Promenade in the heart of downtown Long Beach, Michael's Pizzeria is where classic and modern meet. Whether you want to enjoy the simple perfection of a Margherita, or something a little out of the ordinary like the Flori di Zucca made with squash blossoms and honey, your pizza will be made with the freshest ingredients possible and cooked just right in their 800°F wood-burning oven. But it’s not all pizza at Michael’s Pizzeria. They also offer delicious appetizers, salads, entrees cooked and served in cast iron skillets, and of course, an excellent selection of beer and wine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Michael's Pizzeria - Long Beach - Best Restaurants in Long Beach ›
Michael's Pizzeria - Long Beach reviews from OpenTable diners
45 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (32)great for outdoor dining (31)neighborhood gem (27)good for groups (19)great for lunch (17)hot spot (10)romantic (9)special occasion (9)kid-friendly (8)great for brunch (7)scenic view (7)notable wine list (6)late-night find (5)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- Pizza pizzaItalianfoodsnobDined on 10/18/2014Grab a seat at the bar for an up close view of your delicious pizza being hand crafted or their in house made mozzarella being sliced. If I I can't go to Italy, I go to Michael'sSpecial Features:
- We love both locations!TobermeiDined on 10/18/2014We will just keeping coming back for more. We are obsessed with their pizza :) Like their wine selection better than the Naples location too. Sometime you just need a really good Paso Robles Cab.Special Features:
- Food A+/Service D-OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Waited 15 min (really) for a waiter/waitress...food great...xtra cheese=6.00 per pizza...really?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love their Pizza!!TobermeiDined on 10/11/2014We love their pizza. So good, Italian Style, just delicious, we will keep coming back for more :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Open TableLTNeighborDined on 9/27/2014As always Michael's Pizzeria did not disappoint. I have now had breakfast/brunch, lunch and dinner here and plan to be a loyal customer. The stafif are knowledgeable and friendly but not too pushy. My only question is for Open Table: why wasn't this reservation eligible for points? Would love to know. Thanks!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014We really enjoyed the food and our server was great. I didn't realize that we would be sitting outside and it was a little cool for us. We asked for the heaters to be turned on 3 times, but it never happened. Other than that it was great and we will be dining there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow, what a great experienceJohnAndBethDined on 9/16/2014Having just built our own back yard outdoor brick wood fired oven we were looking forward to dining at Michael's Pizzeria and learning from the pros. We were not disappointed! We sat at the bar overlooking both the food prep area and the two wood ovens. The staff were excellent in sharing their techniques with us as we asked questions, sampled ingredients and noted their oven techniques and tricks of the trade. Both our waiter and the cook staff went out of their way to share their knowledge with us. The food was, well excellent. Thanks for a great evening, with excellent food and conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!DisappointedDined on 9/15/2014Great pizza with lots of choices. Salads were great. We also had their duck confit with eggplant which was delicious. We went on a Monday which is 'buy a pizza and get a free margherita pizza' night. If you like thin, chewy crust try this place. Also, they use cooked tomatoes instead of a pizza sauce resulting in a much fresher tasting pie.Special Features:
- If you love pizza...CasualdinerDined on 9/10/2014Home-made pizza dough used for pizza, calzone and 'rotolini' (like calzone, but rolled instead of folded over). House-made mozzarella. Choose your own combinations or select one of theirs. Daily specials. Comfortable, friendly atmosphere and free parking in nearby parking structure.Special Features:
- Unique pizzaluv2dineVIPDined on 9/4/2014The pizza was very good and they had many different selections. Our server was ok, not the friendliest waitress I've ever had. All in all it was very tasty and worth trying.Special Features:
- Delicious with bad parkingLindaTDined on 8/30/2014Our meal was fantastic -- best pizza ever and nice atmosphere on patio. But BEWARE... if you park in the "two hour free with restaurant validation" parking structure and stay just ONE MINUTE over, you will be charged $10. It was a lousy ending to a great evening meal.Special Features:
- Fantastic Customer ServiceSatisfiedDined on 8/24/2014Server provided various samples of ale to make sure we were happy with our choice. Took my mother-in-law and her cousin, they enjoyed the scenic view and outdoor dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- More than great pizzacarollVIPDined on 8/17/2014We had Sunday brunch for the first time at Michael's Pizzeria on the Long Beach Promenade. The eggs presentations were imaginative and good. The brioche toast and fresh strawberry jam were very good. The fresh out of the oven cinnamon rolls were the hit of the meal. What a great dessert for brunch. Service on the front end was slow, but once our order was turned in, the food came quickly.Special Features:
- yummyfoodDined on 8/7/2014Fun restaurant- great service and food. Outdoor dining with glass fire pits is fantastic.Special Features:
- Unique & UnforgettableNinerandMilby65Dined on 8/1/2014We loved everything about our experience. Best ever!Special Features:
- Not As Good As HopedOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/1/2014The pizza was fair, but not that great. Fried Calamari appetizer was poorly seasoned. The restaurant was o.k., but I was expecting more.
- Exceptional IngregientsdoahDined on 7/26/2014Our Open Table reservation (which I booked last minute) was waiting for us when we arrived and it was outside, exactly as requested! The ingredients used by the restaurant are exceptional. Other reviews mentioned "soggy" pizza - we didn't find it "soggy" at all. Everything was "yummy".Special Features:
- Great food and servicecarollVIPDined on 7/20/2014Late Sunday night gourmet pizza at Michael's was great. So glad they keep late hours. Got to know the manager Chris. He was great for recommendations and generally checking that all the patrons were taken care of. The surprise of the night was how good dessert at Michael's could be. The cannoli and chocolate hazelnut gelato were fabulous. OMGosh. I am going back just for the gelato and chat with manger Chris again. Michael's deserves the high ratings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great dishes beyond pizzalettuceeatVIPDined on 7/18/2014very good food. we tried the duck and clams, both flavorful. only downside is that it's tapas portions but seemed like entree pricing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- THE pizzeriafinedinerDined on 7/12/2014Michael's pizzeria was one of the best italian restaurants I have ever been to. The service was fantastic with a great staff always there to make your meal delicious. I visited the restaurant twice once for dinner and another time for brunch and found the food delicious I definitely would recommend there pizzas and their cinnamon rolls. There cinnamon rolls were the best I have ever had. There were about five of them and were tiny delicacies. I really enjoyed the ambience of the restaurant for it had a great inside and outside vibe. The outside patio gave the restaurant more wingspan yet still allowed it to feel intimate. For anyone visiting Long Beach I would make this restaurant a must.Special Features:
- Michael's PizzeriaGoodEatsLBDined on 7/7/2014We are 70-somethings who enjoy good food in a pleasant environment. Our pizzas -- Margherita (highly recommended by a friend), and the Calabrese. The pizza crusts were chewy and tasty, especially the thin center portions, and the toppings were ample and of quality ingredients. Appetizers -- excellent baby artichokes with burrata, and baked mozzarella with speck (the olives were a nice surprise). Desserts -- loved the affogato and the cannoli. Our server (Jessica) was efficient and friendly. The interior was well-designed, but the patrons were seated too close to each other, making private conversations impossible. Parking was in the nearby convenient parking structure. We will recommended Michael's, and most definitely, return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 47 reviews are from the Michael's Pizzeria - Long Beach reviews archive.
- Does Not Disappoint!MrDibbsDined on 6/22/2014This was our 4th time dining @ Michael's. The 2nd for a special occasion (one was Valentine's Day @ the Ristorante). This occasion was for a birthday celebration for my younger brother. He and his wife were uninitiated and there are now fans. The food was great and sitting outside for the Summer kick-off was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty DelightTheDDsDined on 6/22/2014Delicious designer pizzas with yummy salads. We enjoyed the cheese plate. Really good almond torte with rosemary sauceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best pizza ever!LoloDined on 6/20/2014Short of getting on a plane and going to Italy. By far the best pizza ever. Great salads, good wine list. We WILL be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- overratedFoodmavenVIPDined on 6/17/2014pizza toppings are delicious but the center of the crust is soggy. fennel salad was good but not outstanding this is a very good pizza place, but is not the best in the country which is what it has been touted to be,I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious MenuPepperDined on 6/15/2014We appreciated Michael's delicious and simple menu, professional friendly service and craft beer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Last minute Father's Day lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/15/2014Trying to find a reputable and tasty place for a party of 12 people with less than 2 hours notice on Father's Day seemed like an impossible task. However, the staff was gracious and accommodating, immediately acknowledging our reservation when we made a follow-up call a few minutes after placing it. Highlights: Insalata di finocchi, Caesar salad, Capricciosa pizza, Squash blossoms, Cannoli, Ciambelle So-so: Rotolino di carciofi (too many tough, inedible artichoke leaves...the cheese and pesto were tasty, though. Farmers Market Veggies...a little too bland, but a nice variety of seasonal offerings. Overall, a solid A. Bonus points given for their willingness to comp one of our entrees due to miscommunication. We will be back!Special Features:
- poor servicergatwoDined on 6/14/2014had a reservation for 7:45, arrived early at 7:30 hoping to get lucky. we were seated earlier than our reservation time, but waited at the front desk for over 5 minutes before someone acknowledged us, as well as the growing number of people behind us, while the hostess was in full view the whole time, talking to the manager in the dining room. once we were seated, 20 minutes went by before i had to get up to find the manager to ask if someone could help us, just before i did that, i overheard the couple next to us complaining to their waiter (who had just shown up at their table) about the same thing. the manager apologized and explained that the were short a server, but dont think that one server less should cause that kind of problem.Special Features:
- Good place!MrsBDined on 6/8/2014We went for a family celebration. We all shared many dishes (salads, pizzas, entrees) all of them excellent. The service was very good. It has an open feel, but they wisely hung some acoustic panels from the ceiling, so it is not as noisy as many restaurants (pet peeve- cool restaurants that are so noisy you can't have a conversation) We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Great pizzaItalianfoodsnobDined on 5/26/2014Go for the traditional brick oven pizza but stay for the skillet dishes. My favorite is the octopus/potatoes. Perfectly tender thin slices of octopus with sliced fingerling potatoes, capers lemon and goodness. It melts in your mouth.Special Features:
- Living up to all the raveSealtheedealDined on 5/24/2014Great dining experience!!! Everything we ordered from salads to pizzas were great. The gelato selection was great. The strawberry with chocolate chip gelato was our favorite. The funghi pizza is another popular item, highly recommended!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Neapolitan Pizza in LBXtfrLeeDined on 5/16/2014Great location, easy parking across 3rd, large and popular patio. Pizzas are 12", no slices, with standard and creative toppings. Good selection of vegetarian and no-sauce pizzas. Starters are excellent. But, the real start is the service.Special Features:
- WONDERFUL Mothers Day!MycholsDined on 5/11/2014We had the most beautiful day here at Michaels Pizzeria for Mothers Day 2014. Our experience went beyond my expectations. I found the food Fantastic, Fun and Eventful along with the Wine (I can't remember what I had but the server helped me choose)-they put a lot of love in what they do, in my opinion! It was also the last time my Sister would ever go out to eat like that again. She sadly passed away last week. But because of our happy experience here, I will always cherish this place even more! Thank you for allowing me to make this review. LisaSpecial Features:
- Casual dining @ its finest.NitoDined on 5/3/2014Pizza is always excellent @ Michael's. Enjoyed salads, octopus in the cast iron and the seafood feast on the dough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Deserves it's Best Pizza AwardOCfoodieDined on 4/16/2014This was our 4th time visiting from Sourh Orange County and it never disappoints! Best pizza ever and we are pizza junkies. The fennel salad is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic meal & smooth experience.OMsweetOMVIPDined on 4/14/2014Swiftly greeted and seated. Enjoyed some appetizer flatbread with spinich/artichoke dip and ricotta cheese. For entrees it was the Margherita and Margherita-salame for the kids. Dessert was the pizzetta alla nutella. Everything that touched my lips was divine. The quality is exactly as I've heard. Happy hour is a great time to dine since it's not that busy (picks up at the end) and specials abound. From $2 off glasses of beer/wine to appetizer specials (on the order of half off), you can be wallet savvy. Also, Margherita Monday is a must and well worth it! (Purchase a pizza, receive a free Margherita pizza). A terrific experience that has me a fan!Special Features:
- Great Pizza and wonderful appetizerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/12/2014our hotel recommended this place and what a find! Wonderful outdoor seating with heaters. The food was amazing from the Prosciutto wrapped mozzarella to artichokes and of course, Pizza was delicious!Special Features:
- Excellent!JeannineDined on 4/12/2014Pizza anywhere else will never live up to Michael's. Outstanding service. We'll be back..Special Features:
- Very Good Gourmet PizzacarollVIPDined on 4/6/2014Michael's Pizzeria on the Long Beach Promenade at 3rd street has been getting a lot of local and national press because Zagat rating it very highly. The oven is an authentic Italian pizza oven and very impressive looking. The menu offers several very good unusual salad choices. The pizza is served unsliced, so be prepared to slice your own or just tear of pieces as you go. The house made hot oil was excellent. The pizza was very good. There is an interesting wine list. I can't say this is the best pizza I have ever eaten in Long Beach. It is very good. It is gourmet. We will go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent pizza and servicePizzafficionadoDined on 4/4/2014Excellent pizza, thin crust, European style with fresh mozzarella and ingredients. Fennel salad is delicious, service very attentive. A bit pricey, but worth the treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.