Michael's on Simcoe
100 Simcoe St
Toronto, ON M5H 3L2Neighborhood:
Downtown / Entertainment District
SteakhousePrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
Michael's on Simcoe
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.michaelsonsimcoe.com/
- Phone: 4162605100x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30 am - 5:00 pm
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00 pm - Close
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Derek Von Raesfeld
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Takeout, Wine
- Entertainment: Live DJ
A word from Michael's on Simcoe
Michael’s on Simcoe playfully combines the best of contemporary cuisine, featuring USDA prime steak, fresh seafood and authentic homemade pastas. Classic cocktails are re-invented to tantalize your taste buds and our extensive wine list will tempt even those with the most discerning taste. Conveniently located in the heart of the Financial and Entertainment districts, Michael’s on Simcoe brings new life to one of the most energetic districts in downtown Toronto. This restaurant breaks down the barriers of a traditional steakhouse by challenging the overly masculine ambience that has long been the trademark of its genre.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Michael's on Simcoe - Best Restaurants in Downtown / Entertainment District ›
Michael's on Simcoe reviews from OpenTable diners
84 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (48)romantic (43)notable wine list (33)fit for foodies (31)good for groups (25)neighborhood gem (14)hot spot (14)great for lunch (13)late-night find (7)vibrant bar scene (5)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- OUTSTANDINGtrishDined on 8/27/2014Michael's on Simcoe is a five star plus dining experience! Michael's attention to detail, hospitality, wine list, menu is meticulous. It was one of the finest dining experiences we have had in Toronto! Aside from the outstanding food and service, the ambience can't be beat! I highly recommend this restaurant to all who appreciate the finest!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Food, Amazing ServiceLorysaVIPDined on 8/23/2014My boyfriend and I are regulars here as the food and service are both phenomenal. The second ever time we came, the staff remembered both us our and preference for flat water/white wine/etc. As we've continued to come back, the service gets better each time! The kitchen staff are absolutely amazing and produce some of the best food in Toronto (in my opinion). Of all of the amazing restaurants in Toronto for us to choose from, we keep coming back to Michael's because it is simply the best.Special Features:
- cinOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/22/2014Went for special occasion. .beautiful napa wine..the gnocchi was outstanding...the mac and cheese was decadent. ..steak was delicious...fish was slightly overcooked but was flavourful. Great service..I would highly recommend it and will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceJerry2033Dined on 8/17/2014We had to push our reservation back an hour due to late flights, and they could not have been more hospitable. The food was awesome, and the staff was great. When ever i go to Toronto, i will be back. The bar was very upscale, and the service was prompt. I had a group of a dozen and everyone asked how i found such a great restaurant. A real findSpecial Features:
- outstanding foodMaleks1Dined on 8/12/2014A must try. This place is a hidden gem. The food is amazingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant evening w/ v good foodnickDined on 8/8/2014Gracious pleasant ambiance; accommodated our Open Table request (re seating away from fridge meat display, advance notice about one vegetarian); nice wine & drinks choices; lobster gnocchi & veg risotto both excellent, recommended; all the staff are v professional. Beef choices extensive (and expensive although beef prices are up now), seems to be their specialty - but we were v satisfied with the Italian options. Winning resto when you'd like to be taken care of in a courteous manner indicating that your patronage and experience were valued.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ecellent food & service experience!JennDined on 8/6/2014I’m always nervous finding the right restaurant when my colleagues come to Toronto as they are foodies with very high standards, but Michael’s exceeded all of our expectations! There were seven of us for dinner and three have different food allergies (always a tricky situation). Our primary waiter was Kelly and he ensured that every detail was taken care of for our dining experience. The food and wine was excellent and everyone enjoyed the evening. I highly recommend Michael’s!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Michael's on Simcoe!ormond17Dined on 8/5/2014Michael's continues to offer the same impeccable food and service as experienced during earlier visits. Nothing appears to have changed except we found it an even better dining experience than previously! My husband had lamb which he claimed to be the best lamb he has ever had in a restaurant setting. I had the halibut which was fresh, creamy and unbelievably flavourful. My daughter loved the rib steak and her side of macaroni and cheese. One member of our party had the strawberry risotto which we all tasted and loved. The steaks were, as usual, excellent and the service attentive and knowledgeable. We had an assortment of desserts, each and every one of them beautifully presented and exceptional in taste. Lovely evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional Food and serviceGwenDined on 8/1/2014Exceptional fine dining and outstanding service. I would highly recommend Michael's for everday meal or a special occassion. We celebrated a birthday and the staff made sure to remember the little touches.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceeded ExpectationsJDM53Dined on 7/24/2014This has to be one of the finest restaurants in Toronto. The food was beyond reproach but the service was even better. I highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- letsgrabdinnerDined on 7/22/2014We went to Michael's for a b'day dinner. It was great and we enjoyed our evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome RestaurantAfroGirlDined on 7/22/2014My 3 friends and I had dinner here on a Tuesday night and we absolutely loved it. My corn risotto was lovely and I ordered a perfectly done rib-eye steak and was extremely happy with it. My friends also had steaks and we all felt they were the best steaks we've had in a long time. Great desert menu and wine list. Awesome service, our waiter Kelly could not have been more attentive without being intrusive. The surroundings were lovely and the bathrooms are a treat. I leave you to discover why yourself. All around excellent dining experience.Special Features:
- rubberDined on 7/19/2014Loved the Ambience, The bar was really cool.Service was excellent.Special Features:
- Good foodlookingforrealfoodDined on 7/19/2014The food was very good. But the portion size was a bit too small even for a small portion lover. The waiter I found cold and not friendly enough. No small talk, no attempt to sell the daily specials. We were seated in the back corner which I found from a decorating perspective to be extremely boring.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant surprisefitfoodieDined on 7/18/2014Did lunch at Michael's for summerlicious with a couple co-workers, and we were all pleasantly surprised. Incredibly attentive service, great food, and a very calm ambiance. The dining room was the perfect temperature, nice modern decor, and comfortable chairs. Not sure what the pricing is like on the regular menu, but the summerlicious menu was great value. Would definitely recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SummerliciousLiciousFanDined on 7/17/2014Two of us went for lunch (first time @ this restaurant) as the menu selection/descriptions appealed to us, but we were disappointed. Appetizers: Tomato sauce for the Calamari was acidic/harsh & the pasta lacking in interesting flavours, although the fennel sausage was tasty. Mains & Dessers: Burger & Orata were okay, but nothing special, as were the Fruit Crumble & Cheese Cake. The breads served prior to the appetizers, as well as the bun for the burger had great texture & were delicious - kudos to the kitchen for the breads if baked inhouse.
- Not so much for lunchMcMcDined on 7/16/2014Have been for dinner and it was amazing. This time was there for lunch and it was good but not amazing.I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmandaAmandaDined on 7/15/2014Summerlicious menu was great. Didn't have any sausage left, which was disappointing but what I did have was good.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceKay1Dined on 7/15/2014We tried out their summerlicious lunch menu, and we weren't disappointed. I work around the area, and didn't notice this gem until we saw it listed as a participating restaurant. I'm sure I'll go back again :)Special Features:
- modern ambiancesapnajayDined on 7/12/2014lovely ambiance. server was kind of cold and not too friendly. my meal was delicious, but my husband's was only so-so.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/11/2014Fantastic service, great table. Had the arugula and grilled fruit salad which was average, and the strip loin which was incredible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but Service bad.XoXoDined on 7/11/2014Food is good. Service not as expected as a high class restaurant. We requested a candle to put on a slice of cake twice. They didn't put it on eventually. We were disappointed. If the staff doesn't wish to participate the summerlicious program, then the restaurant shouldn't list themselves with the program.Special Features:
- Summerlicious was great!FoodFanDined on 7/11/2014Fast becoming our favourite restaurant in Toronto. Summerlicious Menu was great and the waiters and servers are all friendly amd efficient and look like they enjoy their work. Makes for a great atmosphere for any occasion.Special Features:
- Fantastic attention to detail!UnimpressedDined on 7/11/2014Many other restaurants could learn a thing or two from Michael's: attentive and quick service, 3 attendants to a table, and tablecloths swept clean before every course. Wow!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Summerlicious Lunch!AngelacogsDined on 7/11/2014I highly enjoyed my summerlicious meal at Michael's. The staff was very attentive and food came out in a timely manner. Had a great time and the food was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time and the last timeAlkyVIPDined on 7/10/2014Went there for Summerlicious and maybe because of that, we got the minimal service you could imagine. We sat at a tiny table next to a big post eventho the place was only half full. Had high expectation on the steak but it came out quite dry on the outside edges. Could have a lot of other choices in the area for much better service and food!!Special Features:
- TorontogirlDined on 7/9/2014Although the food was delightful to see and eat, I'd have to say that it was the outstanding service the servers dealt with that put my mood on top. My family and I decided to try a new restaurant during the summerlicious event, and came across Michael's On Simcoe. The atmosphere was very romantic and soothing, while the servers were inviting. I ordered the grilled fruit salad (delicious! and local), Med-rare steak (should've asked for medium :( ), and the chocolate semifreddo (wonderful). I can confidently say that my dine-in at Michael's on Simcoe was splendid, and wouldn't mind another sit-in at another time. Thank you :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excelent food and service.VisitingFromTorontoDined on 7/6/2014We had the summerlicious menu and a pasta for the kids. All were excellent. We would definitely return here and try the steaks as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant experienceFoodloverDined on 7/5/2014We came on time for our dinner here for the first time. The staff showed our table. They were attentive but were not really very warm. The receptionist pointed to our table and we walked ourselves towards the direction. Our server came. He was polite but was not really welcoming. We sat and waited for our guests to come. The food was excellent. Overall, we were OK with our experience.Special Features:
- PpqdhDined on 7/4/2014Went in for summerlicious. The food wasn't great and overpriced for the quality of food we received. The drinks were unimpressive and unbelievably expensive. I don't mind paying money if the food is great, but this whole experience was just dissapointing. I got the Orata dish and the whole dish was salty. Olives with salty sun dried tomatoes and salty fish. No balance. My brother got the pork tenderloin marinated in honey and oh my god did they ever put honey on it. They had no balance of flavour, the plate was just overpowered by one flavour. It could also be a personal thing because I like flavourful dishes. Try Carmen on Queen St W, went there the next day. Amazing Spanish tapas and totally worth the bucks.
- ClassyChaiTeaDined on 7/4/2014The service was great. And very informative. However, I would have liked a more romantic lunch without some interruption. However the server no doubt was kind and came often when we needed him. Some dishes were a bit over salted which was the reason I didn't give it a 5 star, however the mascarpone was extremely light and delicious. As well as the corn & peach salsa with rosemary polenta fritelle was outstanding.Special Features:
- FabulousGazandLauraDined on 6/28/2014We chose Michael's for a family event and couldn't be happier. What a gem of a place. The menu is absolutely fabulous. Great wine list. The staff are extremely attentive. The decor is beautiful. From the appetizers to main course to dessert, everything was flawless. Will definitely go back next time I'm in Toronto.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasureatotsDined on 6/14/2014This was my second time at this restaurant. Both times enjoyed myself very much. Polenta is amazing! and obviously steak delicious.Special Features:
- Michael's on SimcoeElds007Dined on 6/14/2014I went there for an anniversary dinner, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I had the lobster gnocci (excellent) and my boyfriend has the steak. Sides were delicious (mac-n-cheese, mushrooms and rapini). I have to say, the fiori di zucca appetizer was my favourite part of the whole meal- very tasty. Also try the Breakfast in Paris cocktail, I enjoyed it. The only very small complaint we had was that our main courses could have been warmer- they were borderline room temperature. Nevertheless, the flavours were there. Service was congenial, and they even treated us to a complimentary anniversary dessert which was such a nice touch. Thank you for the experience, and I would definitely recommed Michael's to a friend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mikeDined on 6/10/2014Good food. Waiter was attentive. Difficult to find the restaurant from the street. Minimal signageSpecial Features:
- ricardoDined on 6/5/2014Our salad came in time, but then we had to wait 45 min for our main course, and when it came my fries was wayyyy over salted and the rappini was plain, we ordered a MEDIUM t-bone steak and it was RARE rare and a GOOD AMOUNT of beef was left on the bone( they slice the meet for you), known as a steak house I was very disappointed.
- Hidden GemFoodFinderDined on 6/2/2014Michael's on Simcoe is a great place for a dinner meeting. Great food, ambience and attentive service. They were very accommodating to my request for a quiet location for our business meeting. It is not easily seen from the street, but well worth the effort to search it out.Special Features:
- Quality but ExpensivepretheaterdinerDined on 5/31/2014No issues with the food, service or ambience. However the pricing was very expensive -- mark ups on wine were astronomical and $34 for 3 moderately sized shrimp as an appetizer, no matter how good they were, is ridiculous. Would only go here for a very special occasion.Special Features:
- Slightly DisappointedSL101Dined on 5/27/2014After reading all of the glorious reviews, I have to say that I was disappointed with the food and ambiance. I ordered cod because I wanted something light but it was very rich; too rich to enjoy completely which is a shame when the entrees are pricey. On a positive note, this restaurant has the most unusual toilets I've seen in Toronto and the washroom was very clean. The decor is elegant and beautiful and this would be a perfect place for a romantic dinner if it weren't for the very loud patrons at the bar. They were so noisy that it was difficult to hear the conversation at our table.
- Service poorOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/24/2014For an expensive restaurant the service was sub par. First drink came 20 minutes after order. We started with one waiter then suddenly a manager type shows up in a suit and tie basically suggesting we get on with ordering food. Maybe they needed the table for the next party but all in we were only there for an hour and 15 minutes so not sure what that was about. Food was ok.