Michael's on Simcoe
100 Simcoe St
Toronto, ON M5H 3L2Neighborhood:
Downtown / Entertainment District
SteakhousePrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
Michael's on Simcoe
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.michaelsonsimcoe.com/
- Phone: (416) 260-5100
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30 am - 5:00 pm
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00 pm - Close
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Derek Von Raesfeld
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: RESTAURANT, BAR AND LOUNGE CAPACITIES
Dining Room: 90 guests
Bar and Lounge: 40 guests
Semi-Private section in the Lounge: 16 guests
Dining Room, Bar and Lounge: 140 guests
Stand Up Reception
Dining Room: 150
Bar and Lounge: 150
Semi-Private section in the Lounge: 50
Dining Room, Bar and Lounge: 250
- Private Party Contact: email@example.com 4162605100x
- Entertainment: Live DJ
A word from Michael's on Simcoe
Michael’s on Simcoe playfully combines the best of contemporary cuisine, featuring USDA prime steak, fresh seafood and authentic homemade pastas. Classic cocktails are re-invented to tantalize your taste buds and our extensive wine list will tempt even those with the most discerning taste. Conveniently located in the heart of the Financial and Entertainment districts, Michael’s on Simcoe brings new life to one of the most energetic districts in downtown Toronto. This restaurant breaks down the barriers of a traditional steakhouse by challenging the overly masculine ambience that has long been the trademark of its genre.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Michael's on Simcoe - Best Restaurants in Downtown / Entertainment District ›
Michael's on Simcoe reviews from OpenTable diners
58 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (37)romantic (32)fit for foodies (27)notable wine list (25)good for groups (21)hot spot (20)neighborhood gem (8)vibrant bar scene (6)late-night find (5)great for lunch (4)kid-friendly (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Great ExperienceKay1Dined on 7/15/2014We tried out their summerlicious lunch menu, and we weren't disappointed. I work around the area, and didn't notice this gem until we saw it listed as a participating restaurant. I'm sure I'll go back again :)Special Features:
- modern ambiancesapnajayDined on 7/12/2014lovely ambiance. server was kind of cold and not too friendly. my meal was delicious, but my husband's was only so-so.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/11/2014Fantastic service, great table. Had the arugula and grilled fruit salad which was average, and the strip loin which was incredible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but Service bad.XoXoDined on 7/11/2014Food is good. Service not as expected as a high class restaurant. We requested a candle to put on a slice of cake twice. They didn't put it on eventually. We were disappointed. If the staff doesn't wish to participate the summerlicious program, then the restaurant shouldn't list themselves with the program.Special Features:
- Summerlicious was great!FoodFanDined on 7/11/2014Fast becoming our favourite restaurant in Toronto. Summerlicious Menu was great and the waiters and servers are all friendly amd efficient and look like they enjoy their work. Makes for a great atmosphere for any occasion.Special Features:
- Fantastic attention to detail!UnimpressedDined on 7/11/2014Many other restaurants could learn a thing or two from Michael's: attentive and quick service, 3 attendants to a table, and tablecloths swept clean before every course. Wow!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Summerlicious Lunch!AngelacogsDined on 7/11/2014I highly enjoyed my summerlicious meal at Michael's. The staff was very attentive and food came out in a timely manner. Had a great time and the food was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time and the last timeAlkyVIPDined on 7/10/2014Went there for Summerlicious and maybe because of that, we got the minimal service you could imagine. We sat at a tiny table next to a big post eventho the place was only half full. Had high expectation on the steak but it came out quite dry on the outside edges. Could have a lot of other choices in the area for much better service and food!!Special Features:
- TorontogirlDined on 7/9/2014Although the food was delightful to see and eat, I'd have to say that it was the outstanding service the servers dealt with that put my mood on top. My family and I decided to try a new restaurant during the summerlicious event, and came across Michael's On Simcoe. The atmosphere was very romantic and soothing, while the servers were inviting. I ordered the grilled fruit salad (delicious! and local), Med-rare steak (should've asked for medium :( ), and the chocolate semifreddo (wonderful). I can confidently say that my dine-in at Michael's on Simcoe was splendid, and wouldn't mind another sit-in at another time. Thank you :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excelent food and service.VisitingFromTorontoDined on 7/6/2014We had the summerlicious menu and a pasta for the kids. All were excellent. We would definitely return here and try the steaks as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant experienceFoodloverDined on 7/5/2014We came on time for our dinner here for the first time. The staff showed our table. They were attentive but were not really very warm. The receptionist pointed to our table and we walked ourselves towards the direction. Our server came. He was polite but was not really welcoming. We sat and waited for our guests to come. The food was excellent. Overall, we were OK with our experience.Special Features:
- PpqdhDined on 7/4/2014Went in for summerlicious. The food wasn't great and overpriced for the quality of food we received. The drinks were unimpressive and unbelievably expensive. I don't mind paying money if the food is great, but this whole experience was just dissapointing. I got the Orata dish and the whole dish was salty. Olives with salty sun dried tomatoes and salty fish. No balance. My brother got the pork tenderloin marinated in honey and oh my god did they ever put honey on it. They had no balance of flavour, the plate was just overpowered by one flavour. It could also be a personal thing because I like flavourful dishes. Try Carmen on Queen St W, went there the next day. Amazing Spanish tapas and totally worth the bucks.
- ClassyChaiTeaDined on 7/4/2014The service was great. And very informative. However, I would have liked a more romantic lunch without some interruption. However the server no doubt was kind and came often when we needed him. Some dishes were a bit over salted which was the reason I didn't give it a 5 star, however the mascarpone was extremely light and delicious. As well as the corn & peach salsa with rosemary polenta fritelle was outstanding.Special Features:
- FabulousGazandLauraDined on 6/28/2014We chose Michael's for a family event and couldn't be happier. What a gem of a place. The menu is absolutely fabulous. Great wine list. The staff are extremely attentive. The decor is beautiful. From the appetizers to main course to dessert, everything was flawless. Will definitely go back next time I'm in Toronto.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasureatotsDined on 6/14/2014This was my second time at this restaurant. Both times enjoyed myself very much. Polenta is amazing! and obviously steak delicious.Special Features:
- Michael's on SimcoeElds007Dined on 6/14/2014I went there for an anniversary dinner, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I had the lobster gnocci (excellent) and my boyfriend has the steak. Sides were delicious (mac-n-cheese, mushrooms and rapini). I have to say, the fiori di zucca appetizer was my favourite part of the whole meal- very tasty. Also try the Breakfast in Paris cocktail, I enjoyed it. The only very small complaint we had was that our main courses could have been warmer- they were borderline room temperature. Nevertheless, the flavours were there. Service was congenial, and they even treated us to a complimentary anniversary dessert which was such a nice touch. Thank you for the experience, and I would definitely recommed Michael's to a friend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mikeDined on 6/10/2014Good food. Waiter was attentive. Difficult to find the restaurant from the street. Minimal signageSpecial Features:
- ricardoDined on 6/5/2014Our salad came in time, but then we had to wait 45 min for our main course, and when it came my fries was wayyyy over salted and the rappini was plain, we ordered a MEDIUM t-bone steak and it was RARE rare and a GOOD AMOUNT of beef was left on the bone( they slice the meet for you), known as a steak house I was very disappointed.
- Hidden GemFoodFinderDined on 6/2/2014Michael's on Simcoe is a great place for a dinner meeting. Great food, ambience and attentive service. They were very accommodating to my request for a quiet location for our business meeting. It is not easily seen from the street, but well worth the effort to search it out.Special Features:
- Quality but ExpensivepretheaterdinerDined on 5/31/2014No issues with the food, service or ambience. However the pricing was very expensive -- mark ups on wine were astronomical and $34 for 3 moderately sized shrimp as an appetizer, no matter how good they were, is ridiculous. Would only go here for a very special occasion.Special Features:
- Slightly DisappointedSL101Dined on 5/27/2014After reading all of the glorious reviews, I have to say that I was disappointed with the food and ambiance. I ordered cod because I wanted something light but it was very rich; too rich to enjoy completely which is a shame when the entrees are pricey. On a positive note, this restaurant has the most unusual toilets I've seen in Toronto and the washroom was very clean. The decor is elegant and beautiful and this would be a perfect place for a romantic dinner if it weren't for the very loud patrons at the bar. They were so noisy that it was difficult to hear the conversation at our table.
- Service poorOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/24/2014For an expensive restaurant the service was sub par. First drink came 20 minutes after order. We started with one waiter then suddenly a manager type shows up in a suit and tie basically suggesting we get on with ordering food. Maybe they needed the table for the next party but all in we were only there for an hour and 15 minutes so not sure what that was about. Food was ok.
- Fantastic Steaks!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/9/2014Decided it would be nice to have a good meal in advance of a play. Michael's did not disappoint! There are many options to choose from, but this is definitely an upscale restaurant. When we visited, it was not a busy night, so we had extremely attentive service. And yet, it was not overbearing. Although it turned out it was not really needed, turns out that Michael's is designed to support those who came downtown for entertainment. If you drive there, they have included valet service. So you can park your car and they will take you to and from your venue all included with the meal. For us, it was an excellent start to a wonderful evening. KeithSpecial Features:
- One of Toronto's best!crepa1Dined on 5/3/2014Recently celebrated our tenth anniversary and decided to spend the night and pamper ourselves at the Shang ri la hotel. We've dined at the hotel on a few occasions and we were in the mood for something different. Since Michael's on Simcoe is about a hundred meter walk we decided to celebrate there. My wife generally does not enjoy frequenting steakhouse, but Michaels is not only a steakhouse but the best of both a top notch Italian restaurant and a serious steakhouse. With eclectic selections that featured interesting salads, house made pastas, local and dry-aged 'USDA' prime beef we both had plenty to choose from and all was delicious. The room had a vibrant energy and throughly enjoyed the warm and professional service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Michael's was GREAT !koolvettDined on 5/3/2014We enjoyed a wonderful pre-theatre dinner last Saturday night at Michael's. The food was wonderful (best Caesar Salad we've had in years !) The service was perfect. The Wine Steward was very helpful. The ambience was as good as it could be ! We had a quiet table. Would go back in a heartbeat. Greg LatremoilleSpecial Features:
- The personal touchRominaVictoriaDined on 5/2/2014The food alone is enough to give ultimate praise and put Michael's well above and beyond any expectations a patron may have of a downtown restaurant. Immediate table-side service by an army of waitstaff - never serving the men before the ladies. That alone is a true gem of a find. Topped off by a personal visit by Michael himself, the attention to detail was almost surreal and certainly unparalleled.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great evening at Michel's on SimcoeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/26/2014Excellent evening at Michel's. Great food (pasta and steak), great service and lively atmosphere. Michel was notably attentive to all diners to make sure dinner was success. Will definitely return with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service!mrowyDined on 4/25/2014I dined at Michael's on Simcoe with my boyfriend to celebrate his Birthday and our 1-year anniversary. There were not many other guests in the dining room when we arrived so the noise level was low, and even as more arrived throughout the evening there was nothing to complain about. My boyfriend ordered a filet mignon and what he received was not that. The steak he got was thick, tough, and too-well done for what he had asked for. He informed our server and he apologized straight away and went back to the kitchen to make the order right. I ordered fettuccine bolognese. Both dishes were excellent, but were not the best we had tried. The attentiveness of our server was what really stood out about this experience and I would recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestoLeMinnieDined on 4/14/2014Overall, Michael's has delicious food and the service is warm and welcoming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable night at Michael'sNicolaDined on 4/5/2014I arranged a special night out with my close girlfriends. We all met at the beautiful bar area and had snappy cocktails before going to sit in the dining room. Once in the dining room we were taken care of by an excellent server who was very knowledgeable about the food. We started off with fantastic fresh oysters and champaign and all had different main courses, risotto, pasta, fish and steak. All of the mains were delicious. We were too full to have dessert but next time we will make sure to make room because they looked great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New favourite...OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/4/2014My girlfriend and I each had the caesar salad and a steak; she had the stripling and I had the filet. The salad was amazing and the steaks were cooked to perfection. We shared rapini and mushrooms on the side, thinking the portions would be small. Instead they were massive and by the end of the meal we could not even imagine dessert. Service was impeccable. We can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top ten Toronto dining experienceBrunoDined on 4/4/2014Outstanding service starts at the curb and ends with heartfelt gratitude for the patronage. Waiter was an allstar. Great menu and wine list with variety for most tastes. My steak had great flavour but just a little on the nervy side. Definitely return and highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely excellentlovegreatfoodDined on 3/29/2014Service and food was amazing. Every restaurant should aspire to this level of customer care and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great ambiancenekoiDined on 3/28/2014For fine dining the place is not obnoxious, hostess and waiters were very helpful and knowledgeable. Scallop was perfectly cooked. Although the dry aged striploin I still prefer Jacobs. Overall menu is good size (big menu always worry me that nothing is really good). Wine list is good. Ran into friend dining with family, great ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall excellent experiencePPoramaDined on 3/25/2014Quality of service was perfect. The dry aged strip loin I ordered was much bigger than expected. Perfectly cooked. Finely a good steak and a good manhattan... you think that would be an easy thing to find in this city. Desert and coffee where also excellent. I think this is my new favorite place in the city for a steak. I don't know if there is anything else on the menu as I got tunnel vision when my steak arrived... I still day dream about it! LOL!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Remarkable experienceAlexDined on 3/22/2014Impeccable service with first class food. Food was not rushed. Steak was perfectly prepared and served as expected from this steak place. I took a pic of the rib bone that was as long as a sword (shorter sword, ha-ha). Verde soup with pesto was well balanced and even not too salty, which requires extra care to prepare. Tuna and black cod were perfectly prepared and garnished together with an exquisite orange sauce worth mentioning even days after the dinner. Manager came by several times to check if everything was to our liking. Overall, and exciting dining experience, pricey, but well worth spending. There were 4 of us, all with some food "experience", and there was not a single issue raised about the food, service or atmosphere.Special Features:
- We found our new favourite spot!SQUINNDined on 3/22/2014My husband and I visited Michael's on March 22, 2014 with another couple. We had a fabulous experience and are already planning a return visit. The steak was exceptional, the wine was excellent and the service was extraordinary. We enjoyed our dinner and then had a few drinks at the bar. We loved that they had a DJ there! We can't wait to return.Special Features:
- excellent foodMaleks1Dined on 3/7/2014What a great restaurant. Food is outstanding and reasonably priced. Highly recommend it to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experienceGoodeatsDined on 3/1/2014We were looking for a good steakhouse with a varied menu and Michael's delivered! From the ambiance to the attentive service of our exceptional waiter, Kelly Kwan, this restaurant is superb. The bread and olives set the delicious tone. Then came the appetizers--excellent shrimp cocktail, and a sublime squash blossom concoction. The steaks were fabulous. They melted in our mouths and the sides were a great complement: sea salt fries, mashed potatoes and rapini. Dessert was yummy-- a simple chocolate brownie with a scoop of ice cream and a good tiramisu. Michael's exceeded our expectations. What a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My New Favourite Restaurant!!KJSteamboatVIPDined on 3/1/2014Dinner last weekend as exceptional! From the moment we were greeted at the door until we got our coats back at the end of the night. The service was outstanding, and the food was fabulous! The Kale Salad is truly the best salad in the city! I can't wait to go back! I also shared the Chateaubriand which was highly recommended by our waitress, and it did not disappoint! It was perfectly cooked and mouth watering! All of the "sides" which are ordered separately were yummy! The Desserts were also unbelievable! Don't go to Michaels on SImcoe if you are dieting!!! Everything is so tempting..... you will want to try all of it!!! Give yourself a day off from the diet - it will be worth every bite!!!Special Features: