Michael's on Naples
5620 2nd Street
Naples Island, CA 90803Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Michael's on Naples
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://michaelsonnaples.com/
- Phone: 5624397080x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday : 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
Happy Hour's Everyday 5pm to 7pm 50% off all beer, wine by the glass and selected sprits (Served in Bar/Lounge areas only).
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: David Coleman
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: For catering information, please contact our event manager at Lorenhannah@michaelsrg.com
- Private Party Facilities: We invite you and your party to enjoy the complete Michael's experience in our private gallery setting surrounded by art to complement the impeccable quality of our food (Dining capacity 8-20 guests).
- Private Party Contact: Loren Hannah 5624397080x
- Entertainment: Live music on the rooftop terrace every Wednesday, Thursday and Friday evening from 6-10pm.
- Special Events: Michael's On Naples offers "HAPPY HOUR" EVERYDAY from 5-7pm. Specials include: 50% off selected beer, wine by the glass and well spirits (Happy hour is served in the bar/lounge only).
A word from Michael's on Naples
This sleek, sophisticated dining establishment has quickly gained a reputation for its exquisitely prepared Italian cuisine and savvy selection of wines. The friendly knowledgeable staff will walk you through the assorted menu where each dish is artfully prepared using fresh and organic ingredients. From the handcrafted sausages, to the homemade pasta dishes and the daily Chef specials, Michael's on Naples is sure to please even the most selective palates. Whether guests choose to nibble on appetizers, sip Champagne on the rooftop terrace or enjoy a 5-course tasting menu paired with wines, an evening at Michael's on Naples is sure to be a memory in the making.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Michael's on Naples - Best Restaurants in Long Beach ›
Michael's on Naples reviews from OpenTable diners
123 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (86)romantic (76)fit for foodies (72)neighborhood gem (69)notable wine list (66)great for outdoor dining (44)good for groups (17)hot spot (12)late-night find (7)vibrant bar scene (6)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (2)great for lunch (2)scenic view (2)Show More
- A lively occasionOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/31/2014Had the Branzzino, delicious.. Everything was good but would have liked to have the veal Osso Bucco versus pork..a lighter option.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Once onlyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014Had a relative 2000 miles away, with no experience at Michael's. not sent us a gift certificate toward dinner at Michael's for our anniversary, we would never have gone. We had heard from others here in Long Beach that the restaurant was excessively expensive, and the reports turned out to be true. Nothing about the experience warranted the cost --$42 for a steak, for example -- and now we have been there, done that. Not again.
- Leave it to the professionalsLbcgourmandVIPDined on 8/26/2014From menu choices to wine pairings, leave it to this wonderfully trained staff to provide you with an exceptional dining experience. This restaurant is rated in the top 20 restaurants in America, and doesn't even have sushi on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best anniversary dinner yetItalianfoodieDined on 8/23/2014My husband and I wanted to change things up for our recent anniversary, and we had the best experience. Our courses were paced perfectly, the food was divine, and the portions were spot on. The food was so fresh and tasty plus very healthy. We will certainly go back.Special Features:
- another great night at MichaelsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/22/2014My wife and I celebrated our anniversary the other night, and the experience was amazing. From having a few drinks at the bar with the bartender Trevor, he was great and very knowledgeable. Our server Kevin was amazing, helping us decide on appetizers/ entrees and of course he paired them up be thd perfect wines. His service was top notch and really made the night perfect. At dessert he even brought us over a Modesto to compliment the Pineapple upside down cake, amazing. If you are looking for a place in LB with a great menu, dedicated staff and a welcoming environment then Michael's is it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service and Ambience was excellentlindaDined on 8/22/2014Service and Ambience was excellent. Food was good....but not equal to the rest of the experience. We were seated downstairs in a booth, which was an excellent place to be, for good conversation.Special Features:
- Wonderful find!RestaurantHunterDined on 8/21/2014This restaurant was fantastic! On a nice evening- request to be seated upstairs which is outdoors. Our server was great and the food was phenomenal. Must try the lasagna! Incredible wine list as wellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Billing ErrorScottDined on 8/20/2014The bill presented at the restaurant was correct. However, the amount posted to my credit card account was an additional of about $40.00.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bad experienceLUV2EATOUTDined on 8/17/2014On an anniversary night we arrived at about 6:30 and a very nice hostess showed us to the upstairs bar for a drink before we sat down ti eat . The bartender/waiter took our order and about 10 minutes later delivered our drinks . In the meantime, as we sat about 15 feet from bar, we watched him gab with people at bar before he got around to making our drinks . The hostess kindly took us to our table and gave us menus . About 15 minutes later I asked a busboy to get us a server . Nothing , while at least two other parties were sat . bread delivered and orders taken . At that point we simply got up and left . Went to L'Opera on Pine St. where food and SERVICE WERE GREAT
- Last minutes surprise anniversaryBevisDined on 8/17/2014They help me pulled off a last minutes surprise anniversary dinner party for my wife at her favorite restaurant. Food was excellent as usual. Everybody had the pasta tasting, except the kids. Micheal's made her their special meatball and pasta. A special evening was had by all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousMikeMcGearDined on 8/12/2014Enjoyed our first trip upstairs for open air dining on an off-night (Tuesday) - pleasant, relaxed atmosphere. The duck neck ravioli is always a treat!Special Features:
- Michaels is special place for usbklyngrlDined on 8/11/2014I live out of town, and when I visit Long Beach we always make a point to have a special dinner at Michaels. It never disappoints. Great food, ambience and wine list.Special Features:
- HomeInNaplesDined on 8/10/2014Again, we were charged for items we did not order or receive. The last time we ate a Michael's the same thing happened in 2009. It rubs me the wrong way to pay for a glass of tap water. In a word, Michael's is a big RIP OFF with poor service and unremarkable food. I agree with my neighbors, leave Michael's for the tourists
- The Only Place in TownTexasHaysusVIPDined on 8/10/2014Everything about Michael's sets it apart from the rest of Long Beach. The quality, service, wine list and the ambiance are all stellar. The pizettes are great to start with, Pastas across the board are outstanding, They do Duck particularly well. Massimo is charming, the perfect host/GM.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingJonesyDined on 8/9/2014One of the best meals we've ever had, and we're usually not big fans of Italian so that's saying a lot. We got the pasta tasting menu and loved everything we ate.Special Features:
- An Outstanding Culinary Experience!IClavdivsDined on 8/9/2014I've eaten in Rome, Sicily and Venice I can happily testify that Michaels quality, service, ambience and excellently constructed menu would sit inconspicuously within the bosom of any of these territories. We were absolutely delighted with our meal from end to end and the pacing and delivery of service is just right; not constantly hovering over you, not constantly grinning or fawning but instead maintaining a level of respect for our intimacy while delivering attention when relevant or required. Your waiting staff are a delight. The menu is deftly creative and authentic in tone, the Pasta freshly made on the premises that day (you can tell by experience or by the surprise of eating it for the first time.) and excellent fresh crusty bread.Special Features:
- Excellent service!FoodTasterDined on 8/9/2014The food was delicious and the service was excellent! The food portion was just right. The homemade pastas had the perfect textures. We had the Michel's pasta and the gnocchi with ox tail. That dish was so scrumptious! We had a time crunch for dinner right before the gondola ride nearby and our waiter helped accommodate the limited time that we had for dinner by making suggestions of the delicious dishes available yet wouldn't take much time to cook. He also packed up our dessert along with our bottle of wine in a bag as we are about to leave. We made it to our gondola ride on time after all and had yummy almond cake dessert afterwards. Thank you for your excellent service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Champagne cart? I'm in!JenCenVIPDined on 8/5/2014I had been to Michaels before but it had been a couple years. It is even better than I remembered. The server was fantastic. Professional but friendly. I took a big client and they were very impressed. I like that we had impeccable service and food without feeling stuffy or pretentious. I will not wait 2 years before I return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/4/2014Ordered and shared several appetizers around the table and each one good, but favorite was Risotto Con Aragosta (lobster.) I ordered a veal chop for entree. Best one I have ever eaten and large enough for two people. All of the vegetables are local farm fresh. All fish (several types available) are fresh. Pasta is home made. The wine list is huge with a lot of Italian and other choices. We sat upstairs in a room that has open fresh air, yet very cozy. This is a premier Italian restaurant that has it right.Special Features:
- Outstanding meaOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/4/2014ate next door at Michaels Pizzeria and it was not good, ate their the next night. Pizza was under cooked would not go back thereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GregVIPDined on 8/1/2014First time dining here with close friends. The service was excellent, the food was outstanding, and the ambiance was nice. This will be on our regular list of places to dine.Special Features:
- almost wonderfulTweetyGirlDined on 7/15/2014Michael's proved its high ratings : the food was terrific, ambience lovely even the valet made sure our pet was well taken care of. Service was admirable until they were distracted by a large group. We seemed to be forgotten. We will be back to try out the rooftop and a new delightful mealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb for 1st DateladynblackDined on 7/15/2014a friend recommended it and it was stellar Great Service, and great atmosphere, wonderful ambianceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good food and quality service.skyandwater8Dined on 7/15/2014Very good food and quality service. We will plan to return in the near future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- michaelsjmf2VIPDined on 7/14/2014Michael's on Naples continues to match the hype that follows this restauranteur. Food quality is consistently excellent. The upstairs dining is a quasi outdoor experience. Quiet and romantic.. The pastas are fresh made daily. The entree's well seasoned and perfectly presented. Time and time again, the restaurant meets and exceeds your expectations. The wine list is varied and affordable as well.Special Features:
- Over pricedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/5/2014Over priced but very good. Excellent service. Good atmosphere upstairs.Special Features:
- SuperbSteakloverJMDined on 7/5/2014Met a friend that lives nearby in Seal Beach. The room and decor is classy. The food was simply delicious. This is really a great spot.Special Features:
- Ask for upstairsOhBubbaVIPDined on 7/3/2014The upper level patio dining was an great alternative on a Summer evening.Special Features:
- Always a great choice!techietypeDined on 6/29/2014Lovely atmosphere, great food and service. We love Michael's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodGoodFoodDined on 6/29/2014This is our second dinner and our experience was equally great. Good greeting, food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/21/2014Four of us had dinner at MIchael's to celebrate two birthdays and the evening was lovely. Waiter was excellent as was the food. And they really did acknowledge the b'days - we'd ordered two desserts to share and they brought, in addition, two servings of the creamiest ice cream I have ever had, each with a candle. Most restaurants do not remember such requests. Thank you, MIchael'sSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bucket list restaurantRigoDined on 6/20/2014Great food!! I enjoyed the restaurant for the first time with my gf, just a night on the town. Heard great things. I made reservations and got to eat on the second floor which I found a better ambiance due to the guitar playing and romantic setting!! The service and recommendations were great! My tastes buds were going insane!! I truly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Buòn appetitoYiayiaDined on 6/20/2014Sweetest, most tender shrimp and pasta; lasagna verde was outstanding, crab and pasta dish superb. Began with antipasti platter..several cold cuts, olives, parmesan cheese cubes, grilled ciabatta toast. Our server Roberto was knowledgeable, helpful and very pleasant. Overall a memorable dining experience.Special Features:
- Memorable eveningJreviewerVIPDined on 6/15/2014We went to Michael's on Naples for the first time for Father's Day. We had a wonderful, memorable meal from start to finish. All the dishes were mouth-watering and innovative, and the staff was all extremely friendly and helpful. We have also really enjoyed Michael's in Downtown Long Beach for casual meals. This was a great choice for a special occasion.Special Features:
- A wonderful giftCupcakeDined on 6/14/2014My husband & I received a gift certificate for Michael's and decided to use it to celebrate our 25th anniversary. For an appetizer, I ordered squash blossoms stuffed with ricotta... not something normally found in a restaurant, but served in nonna's kitchen when I was a child. The first bite, I almost swooned! The blossoms were crispy, not greasy, with the lightest ricotta imaginable. My husband had soft shell crab that was crisp and delicious. The rest of our meal was just as memorable, and we were delighted that food was served at a leisurely pace, so we could savor and enjoy. Our waiter was attentive, even bringing us a special ice cream treat, having heard us mention to the couple next to us that it was our anniversary. Lovely!Special Features:
- My Wedding night DinnerparutaiDined on 6/13/2014I usually eat at Michael on Naples, but this day was SPECTACULAR, surpass my expectations, the Food, the Wine List, The Service, everything was wonderful !! This Restaurant should have 3 Michelin Stars,Special Features:
- Food not as good on Monday ??SoupLoverDined on 6/9/2014I have been to Michaels on weekends and the food has always been excellent. This was the first time on a Monday ( probably the last as well) I always order asparagus soup if it's on the menu, it's a favorite of mine, well they had it, so in addition to the chef tasting menu we had the soup, it was bland and didn't have much of an asparagus taste. The asparagus salad was tasty though, it was a nice flavor blend. The ravioli was chewy because it was over cooked. The diver scallop was excellent. The steak was okay. So it was a little hit and miss. The only reason I was asked for this review is because I used open table to book the reservation, my previous meals have been great but I didn't book them so I wasn't asked to review.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A must to visit!EjriceDined on 6/6/2014Restaurant was amazing wonderful service food was very good. But not very happy with my seabass. Unless you like the way it was prepared. And the calamari was very average.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and rooftop patioThelmeenaVIPDined on 6/6/2014My first time at Michael's, we sat in the dining room and the food was good, the service was excellent, and we had a great time. They also have a really good wine list. But my second time was when I discovered their roof top area, which made me sooo happy! The rooftop is much more quiet and when in Naples, Long Beach, it's a must to have outdoor seating where you can get that ocean breeze. The food was excellent the second time and they do have happy hour drink specials. Definitely one of our neighborhood favs.Special Features:
- Wonderful and elegantDelightedDined on 6/1/2014Very nice for a special occasion, I would recommend to othersSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.