Michael's on Naples
5620 2nd Street
Naples Island, CA 90803Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Michael's on Naples
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://michaelsonnaples.com/
- Phone: 5624397080x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday : 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
Happy Hour's Everyday 5pm to 7pm 50% off all beer, wine by the glass and selected sprits (Served in Bar/Lounge areas only).
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: David Coleman
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: For catering information, please contact our event manager at Lorenhannah@michaelsrg.com
- Private Party Facilities: We invite you and your party to enjoy the complete Michael's experience in our private gallery setting surrounded by art to complement the impeccable quality of our food (Dining capacity 8-20 guests).
- Private Party Contact: Loren Hannah 5624397080x
- Entertainment: Live music on the rooftop terrace every Wednesday, Thursday and Friday evening from 6-10pm.
- Special Events: Michael's On Naples offers "HAPPY HOUR" EVERYDAY from 5-7pm. Specials include: 50% off selected beer, wine by the glass and well spirits (Happy hour is served in the bar/lounge only).
A word from Michael's on Naples
This sleek, sophisticated dining establishment has quickly gained a reputation for its exquisitely prepared Italian cuisine and savvy selection of wines. The friendly knowledgeable staff will walk you through the assorted menu where each dish is artfully prepared using fresh and organic ingredients. From the handcrafted sausages, to the homemade pasta dishes and the daily Chef specials, Michael's on Naples is sure to please even the most selective palates. Whether guests choose to nibble on appetizers, sip Champagne on the rooftop terrace or enjoy a 5-course tasting menu paired with wines, an evening at Michael's on Naples is sure to be a memory in the making.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Michael's on Naples - Best Restaurants in Long Beach ›
Michael's on Naples reviews from OpenTable diners
120 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (84)fit for foodies (76)neighborhood gem (74)romantic (68)notable wine list (65)great for outdoor dining (41)good for groups (17)hot spot (11)late-night find (5)vibrant bar scene (4)great for brunch (2)scenic view (2)great for lunch (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Warm Dinning SpotQuestionableDined on 10/18/2014Excellent ambiance, small, personable service, extremely friendly staff. Food presentation and flavor was amazing. Immediately knew this restaurant was special upon my first visit.Special Features:
- One of my Long Beach Favoritesstressgirl70Dined on 10/8/2014I've been to Michael's three times now, and I love just as much as I did the first time. The people who work there are very friendly and knowledgeable. The bartenders always recommend excellent wine (and will even tell you what it will pair well with from the menu that night), and the food is to die for. I highly recommend.Special Features:
- Always Perfect!fabulousmealVIPDined on 9/27/2014Fantastic food! Fantastic service! Fantastic ambiance! Michael and how Chef David never disappoint. It's why we always celebrate my birthday here!Special Features:
- Dinner ThursdayhmreuterDined on 9/25/2014Wow!!! Dinner was outstanding. Food and service impecable!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DissapointedPacificaVIPDined on 9/23/2014This is our 4th time at Michael's , this time we are dissapointed with the service and the food, in our past dining experience with this restaurant the food is delivered in timely manner and the food is properly seasoned, this time we have waited for almost half hour for our entree and when the food finally arrived my duck is so under seasoned , the appetizers are good and the steak is fair , we do not know what happend in the kitchen, a big dissapointmentSpecial Features:
- Empty TablesNeighborDined on 9/20/2014We wanted a 7PM reservation could only get 8:30pm. We went at 7pm to have a drink at the bar upstairs. There were four empty tables upstairs; 3 tables stayed empty the whole time we were there. This is not the first time this has happened, if people do not honor their reservation how long should an establishment keep the table for them while others wait for a late reservation when they could be seated at those tables that were a no show???Special Features:
- Great restaurantHBcookDined on 9/18/2014Had a great time with wonderful food and wine. We were celebrating my nieces wedding anniversary. They were in town from minnesota and we wanted to go to a special place. The service was couldn't have been better and we got to meet Michael.Special Features:
- nice romantic dinner.LUV2TRVL605Dined on 9/17/2014Great find. quaint little restaurant just walking distance from the canals. Menu changes daily to keep it the freshest. Very impressed. Super great staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, not amazing thoughAlanVIPDined on 9/16/2014I've read all the reviews and saw that this place was voted best Italian in Los Angeles (though it is really on Naples "Island" in Long Beach). I would say that I have eaten at much better Italian places, but it was good. Service was great. Ambiance really nothing amazing, nice, but not spectacular. Appetizers ridiculously small, especially for an Italian place and not much flavor. Fried calamari changed to sautéed? Really? We both had the duck, highly recommended. Everyone knows that the outside of it MUST be crispy - it was most certainly not. It was nicely cooked, a little under seasoned, but overall good. No Osso buco? Huh? Anyway, overall, good, but overrated. DanTana's and Craig's have much better Italian.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/15/2014I've have been a customer to Michael's since the opening. I come to Michael's with business partners and as well privately. It is always a wonderful experience.Special Features:
- Simply Exquisite!EmichelVIPDined on 9/13/2014Absolutely THE BEST restaurant ever! I come regularly on my own, or with my husband for a romantic dinner, or with groups for special occasions. This last time, the veal chop was amazing from the first bite to the last. The sweet corn and mascarpone ravioli was wonderful and the seasonal desserts were perfect. Our waiter, Martin, was a sweetheart--helpful, attentive and charming. Love this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not stellerfoodlover2014Dined on 9/13/2014I've always found them to be a bit inconsistent. Some meals are delicious and others very mediocre. When I go to a restaurant at this price point I expect the food to be amazing and flawless from start to finish. It started with a breadbasket where the bread was burnt and I wish we had sent it back but I was so hungry I ate it anyway. In my mind it should never have been sent to our table. How do people not check that? The courses that followed were good but not outstanding. I wish I could say it was better.Special Features:
- Total Gem!LBPopsDined on 9/13/2014Went here for my Wife's birthday. Wow! We tried the Chef's Pasta Tasting Dinner with wine pairings. First off the food was so good I couldn't believe it. I really liked the Mushroom Ravioli and the Ox Tail Gnocchi. Best gnocchi I have ever had! The wines paired with each course were both delicious, and "spot on" for the pairing. This may have been our first visit, but will by no means be our last.Special Features:
- Awesome find!LocalDinerDined on 9/5/2014A gem that we are amazed we had never tried before. Went for an anniversary, service was impeccable, food was amazing. Skylar in the kitchen does great work, all pasta is hand made each day and you can taste the difference. Would absolutely recommend to anyone and look forward to trying everything on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just deliciousSASSYVIPDined on 9/5/2014Everything was so wonderfully done! I tried the octopus, the spinach salad, the pork chop, and everything was just amazing! Excellent wine, as well! Expensive but very worth it. Best place in Long Beach for an amazing and special meal.Special Features:
- Fabulous!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/4/2014Great service! Great food! We will be back. The pasta rivals Rome's best!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Italian in townOmergDined on 9/3/2014We went Michael's with friends and had a great evening as always. I have been going to this restaurant for several years and at every visit the quality of food, service and ambiance is excellent and consistent. This time I had Mediterranean Sea Bass and it was fantastic! I'm originally from Istanbul/Turkey and I know a thing or two about the food and how it is cooked in the region and Michael's nails it down exactly as it is done in the Aegean sea region. I would highly recommend this restaurant if you want quality and ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TeresaDined on 9/2/2014attended wine tasting event for the first time and it was a very pleasant experience from the wine, the food and the service.Special Features:
- A lively occasionWinegalDined on 8/31/2014Had the Branzzino, delicious.. Everything was good but would have liked to have the veal Osso Bucco versus pork..a lighter option.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- romanticposoulieDined on 8/31/2014Attractive, comfortable. High quality cuisine and good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Once onlyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014Had a relative 2000 miles away, with no experience at Michael's. not sent us a gift certificate toward dinner at Michael's for our anniversary, we would never have gone. We had heard from others here in Long Beach that the restaurant was excessively expensive, and the reports turned out to be true. Nothing about the experience warranted the cost --$42 for a steak, for example -- and now we have been there, done that. Not again.
- Leave it to the professionalsLbcgourmandVIPDined on 8/26/2014From menu choices to wine pairings, leave it to this wonderfully trained staff to provide you with an exceptional dining experience. This restaurant is rated in the top 20 restaurants in America, and doesn't even have sushi on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best anniversary dinner yetItalianfoodieDined on 8/23/2014My husband and I wanted to change things up for our recent anniversary, and we had the best experience. Our courses were paced perfectly, the food was divine, and the portions were spot on. The food was so fresh and tasty plus very healthy. We will certainly go back.Special Features:
- another great night at MichaelsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/22/2014My wife and I celebrated our anniversary the other night, and the experience was amazing. From having a few drinks at the bar with the bartender Trevor, he was great and very knowledgeable. Our server Kevin was amazing, helping us decide on appetizers/ entrees and of course he paired them up be thd perfect wines. His service was top notch and really made the night perfect. At dessert he even brought us over a Modesto to compliment the Pineapple upside down cake, amazing. If you are looking for a place in LB with a great menu, dedicated staff and a welcoming environment then Michael's is it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service and Ambience was excellentlindaDined on 8/22/2014Service and Ambience was excellent. Food was good....but not equal to the rest of the experience. We were seated downstairs in a booth, which was an excellent place to be, for good conversation.Special Features:
- Wonderful find!RestaurantHunterDined on 8/21/2014This restaurant was fantastic! On a nice evening- request to be seated upstairs which is outdoors. Our server was great and the food was phenomenal. Must try the lasagna! Incredible wine list as wellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Billing ErrorScottDined on 8/20/2014The bill presented at the restaurant was correct. However, the amount posted to my credit card account was an additional of about $40.00.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bad experienceLUV2EATOUTDined on 8/17/2014On an anniversary night we arrived at about 6:30 and a very nice hostess showed us to the upstairs bar for a drink before we sat down ti eat . The bartender/waiter took our order and about 10 minutes later delivered our drinks . In the meantime, as we sat about 15 feet from bar, we watched him gab with people at bar before he got around to making our drinks . The hostess kindly took us to our table and gave us menus . About 15 minutes later I asked a busboy to get us a server . Nothing , while at least two other parties were sat . bread delivered and orders taken . At that point we simply got up and left . Went to L'Opera on Pine St. where food and SERVICE WERE GREAT
- Last minutes surprise anniversaryBevisDined on 8/17/2014They help me pulled off a last minutes surprise anniversary dinner party for my wife at her favorite restaurant. Food was excellent as usual. Everybody had the pasta tasting, except the kids. Micheal's made her their special meatball and pasta. A special evening was had by all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic rooftopCPO66Dined on 8/15/2014First time here and loved the service and the food. Waiter was very helpful with selecting a wine that complemented our dinner. Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousMikeMcGearVIPDined on 8/12/2014Enjoyed our first trip upstairs for open air dining on an off-night (Tuesday) - pleasant, relaxed atmosphere. The duck neck ravioli is always a treat!Special Features:
- Michaels is special place for usbklyngrlDined on 8/11/2014I live out of town, and when I visit Long Beach we always make a point to have a special dinner at Michaels. It never disappoints. Great food, ambience and wine list.Special Features:
- HomeInNaplesDined on 8/10/2014Again, we were charged for items we did not order or receive. The last time we ate a Michael's the same thing happened in 2009. It rubs me the wrong way to pay for a glass of tap water. In a word, Michael's is a big RIP OFF with poor service and unremarkable food. I agree with my neighbors, leave Michael's for the tourists
- The Only Place in TownTexasHaysusVIPDined on 8/10/2014Everything about Michael's sets it apart from the rest of Long Beach. The quality, service, wine list and the ambiance are all stellar. The pizettes are great to start with, Pastas across the board are outstanding, They do Duck particularly well. Massimo is charming, the perfect host/GM.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingJonesyDined on 8/9/2014One of the best meals we've ever had, and we're usually not big fans of Italian so that's saying a lot. We got the pasta tasting menu and loved everything we ate.Special Features:
- An Outstanding Culinary Experience!IClavdivsDined on 8/9/2014I've eaten in Rome, Sicily and Venice I can happily testify that Michaels quality, service, ambience and excellently constructed menu would sit inconspicuously within the bosom of any of these territories. We were absolutely delighted with our meal from end to end and the pacing and delivery of service is just right; not constantly hovering over you, not constantly grinning or fawning but instead maintaining a level of respect for our intimacy while delivering attention when relevant or required. Your waiting staff are a delight. The menu is deftly creative and authentic in tone, the Pasta freshly made on the premises that day (you can tell by experience or by the surprise of eating it for the first time.) and excellent fresh crusty bread.Special Features:
- Excellent service!FoodTasterDined on 8/9/2014The food was delicious and the service was excellent! The food portion was just right. The homemade pastas had the perfect textures. We had the Michel's pasta and the gnocchi with ox tail. That dish was so scrumptious! We had a time crunch for dinner right before the gondola ride nearby and our waiter helped accommodate the limited time that we had for dinner by making suggestions of the delicious dishes available yet wouldn't take much time to cook. He also packed up our dessert along with our bottle of wine in a bag as we are about to leave. We made it to our gondola ride on time after all and had yummy almond cake dessert afterwards. Thank you for your excellent service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Champagne cart? I'm in!JenCenVIPDined on 8/5/2014I had been to Michaels before but it had been a couple years. It is even better than I remembered. The server was fantastic. Professional but friendly. I took a big client and they were very impressed. I like that we had impeccable service and food without feeling stuffy or pretentious. I will not wait 2 years before I return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/4/2014Ordered and shared several appetizers around the table and each one good, but favorite was Risotto Con Aragosta (lobster.) I ordered a veal chop for entree. Best one I have ever eaten and large enough for two people. All of the vegetables are local farm fresh. All fish (several types available) are fresh. Pasta is home made. The wine list is huge with a lot of Italian and other choices. We sat upstairs in a room that has open fresh air, yet very cozy. This is a premier Italian restaurant that has it right.Special Features:
- Outstanding meaOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/4/2014ate next door at Michaels Pizzeria and it was not good, ate their the next night. Pizza was under cooked would not go back thereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.