3413 W. 7th Street
Fort Worth, TX 76107Neighborhood:
Fort Worth Cultural District & TCU
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.michaelscuisine.com/
- Phone: 8178773413
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southwest, American
- Executive Chef: Jorge Romero
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer both in-restaurant and off-property catering services. For current menu’s, upcoming events, and special requests please visit our website www.michaelcuisine.com
A word from Michaels Cuisine
Chef and Restaurateur, Michael S. Thomson is a recognized leader in the Texas food movement, and the force behind Fort Worth¹s successful Michaels Restaurant. Founded in 1992, and located at 3413 West 7th Street, between University Drive & Montgomery Street in Fort Worth’s nationally acclaimed cultural district. Our kitchen, led by Jorge Romero, features “Contemporary Ranch Cuisine”, which utilizes fresh & dried chili peppers combined with the flavors of Mexico and the cuisines of the American south. Michaels prides itself on its cuisine, unequaled guest service, and fanatical attention to detail. One of Fort Worth’s most celebrated Chef’s, Michael has served his “Contemporary Ranch Cuisine” around the world, from US Embassies to the famed James Beard House in New York city, as a proud ambassador of Texas cuisine & culture.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Michaels Cuisine reviews from OpenTable diners
6 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (4)romantic (3)great for lunch (3)neighborhood gem (2)good for groups (2)special occasion (2)great for brunch (1)vibrant bar scene (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Great FindCyberDined on 8/21/2014I went to Michael's to celebrate a birthday and it was one of those "where have I not been before" selections based on the number of stars found on OpenTable. I was very happy with everything that came along with this selection. I drove past it a couple times not realizing it was actually tucked away in the corner of a small strip mall. Don't let that stop you from going in to try it, though. You won't be disappointed. It was quiet the night we went but it seems they do quite a bit of business over the lunch timeframe since it's very close to downtown. I will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice food, nice fireplaceMissPortDined on 6/13/2014I have been to Michael's for lunch and dinner, in the winter and in the summer. All times were enjoyable. In the winter there is a fireplace, very at home feeling. On one occasion, I had the crab cakes and did not feel like a whole lot of anything else. They were very accommodating. They did the crab cakes and an order of vegs for me. The desserts are very, very good. Particularly the red velvet cake!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 141 reviews are from the Michaels Cuisine reviews archive.
- Party of 7UTUBETVIPDined on 5/22/2014I had 6 guests and the service was great by, Matt. Food, prepared by Chef George, was super as always. I tried a new item (new for me anyway) Chicken Scallopini---WOW!! The chicken was cooked perfectly and the pasta with garlic, olive oil and capers was over the top. I highly recommend this to anyone looking for a different "chicken dish", but be sure you are hungry as the portion is large. Overall a great experience...Special Features:
- A Great Find!!LuvItDined on 4/5/2014I needed to find reservations a few weeks ago between 7:00/7:30 for 2 people. I searched on Open Table for what options I might have. Michael' s came up. I reviewed their menu and it looked good. The food was so good I came back the next week and brought family I had in town and they LOVED it! So 2 weeks in a row, it was AMAZING!!! The Pecan Crusted Chicken was off the charts!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stuck in the 90'sKellyVIPDined on 4/4/2014Like traveling in time back to the 90's and not in a good way. The menu is old and tired (references a lot of off the shelf, branded seasonings for entrees, has liquor shots on the menu (classy!!!) for example). Supposed to be a fine steak house (with high prices to match) but menu calls out that meat quality is Choice, not Prime or Aged Prime like you would get at Del Frisco's, Ruth's Chris or elsewhere. We had a jalapeño shrimp appetizer with lime dressing that was just ok - nothing special. The pepper crusted tenderloin I had was so heavily peppered I couldn't taste the meat (maybe that was a good thing). By the end of dinner we didn't want to risk dessert so we left and went to another restaurant.
- The Food was just "ok" andOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/21/2014The Food was just "ok" and the service was terrible. The place was basically empty, we were a table of 4 and had to wait a very long time for everything we asked for. Will not go back.
- Canned music in dining roomFWCowboyVIPDined on 3/7/2014Wish they would turn down the canned music in the dining room. Otherwise a good evening with good food and friends.
- No food allergy serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/27/2014I asked which items were or could be made gluten-free and the waitress told us "none. we are not a gluten-friendly restaurant" Since my date and I had that requirement that meant we got a glass of wine and left. A simple burger restaurant afterwards was better able to accommodate an allergy request. This was strange because 2 years ago they modified a menu item to make it safe and confirmed my sides were as well. Just a very bad waitress.Special Features:
- no longer the samejewelzDined on 2/22/2014It has been years since i have dined here and all i can remember about it is how fantastic it was. It is just not the same anymore. the food was good. But the menu was very lacking. not alot of options. and the staff seemed a little bored so it would have been nice if they left was alone a bit. If i go back it will only be if they have a special menu for the stock show or a holiday when they have more options to choose from
- Terrific!CookieDined on 2/19/2014Had a great evening with friends! Wonderful salad & steak & great attention from MattSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentines special menuVandyDined on 2/15/2014Took a beautiful young lady to dinner for Valentines Day. Neither of us had dined here before, but we will definitely be back. Our waiter was exceptional. He was very friendly and knowledgable about the menu and saw to our every need while not being intrusive. The food was very good. She had the swordfish and it was grilled to perfection. My raspberry lamb chops were delicious as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was just okRedK9Dined on 2/15/2014The food was good but not great. The appetizer I chose was the scallop. It was attractive on the plate and cooked to perfection. Unfortunately it lacked flavor. The color accents on the plate were deep pink and yellow sauces accenting the plate but which had very little flavor. The salad romaine lettuce was beautiful with a good dressing (Cesar with chipotle I believe) but the salad lacked much in complimentary flavors.. parmesan.. fried cornbread croutons or some other inspired addition to bring up the flavor and surprise the diner. Overall the flavor seemed restrained. The swordfish should not have been plated. It was very dry, overcooked and again the flavor was sadly lacking.
- Valentine's Day Pot LuckTexian6VIPDined on 2/14/2014Took my new sweetheart to Ft. Worth, a town I loved living in years ago, for Valentine's weekend but didn't know a lot of the new restaurants. Booked a table at Michael's on the strength of Open Table reviews but was underwhelmed, especially given the price of the special prix fixe menu. Her duck breast was fine but my swordfish was average at best. First courses were good but not outstanding and the salads were...different. Desserts were very good and a Ferrari-Carano chardonnay for only $36 was the hit of the evening. On the service side, no customer at a restaurant this pricy should have to ask for water refills.
- Solid experiencedrano21Dined on 2/8/2014Went to Michaels on Saturday night, enjoyed the experience. Started in the bar...drinks are a plenty but dirty martini and N. Modelo on tap were our choices. Different menu in bar than the restaurant, not sure why they do that since bar was happening and dining was a lil slow, but perhaps they want the bar to be more crowded. Nice fire in both bar/dining room. Dinner: prime rib was good, pecan smoked, but no Lawry's. Dad had the pork chop and enjoyed it. The blue cheese double stuffed potato was good as well as Apple crisp dessert. Overall good food...nice atmosphere.Special Features:
- Non Crowded and Easybogey08Dined on 1/17/2014Our foursome dines on Friday Nights at various places in Fort Worth -- and this was our first time at Michaels ... we had looked at the menu online and thought we would give it a go --- we didn't realize when we got there that a special stock show menu was in place. Overall the food was good --- nothing really jumps out ... our server was pleasant --- the atmosphere very easy and a beautiful fireplace was the vocal point.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- matt was the bestSandy1109028Dined on 1/9/2014Our experience was awesome and matt was the best ever the only complaint was the tables leaning and not sturdySpecial Features:
- Always a great place!UTUBETVIPDined on 12/27/2013The Pecan Crusted Goat Cheese Chicken is my families favorite, along with the Tres Major and Salmon...a must is the tenderloin pizza as an appetizer...maybe the best pizza in Fort Worth...Thanks MT for another great evening!Special Features:
- First Timeluv2dineDined on 12/13/2013This was my first time to visit the restaurant. We decided to hold our holiday luncheon here and the food was excellent!! Very quaint and nice decor- It's like a little hidden gem inside! I will be visiting again and look forward to my next visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic ambianceDannyNoelDined on 10/5/2013My boyfriend and I celebrated our year anniversary this past Saturday at Michaels. It had been awhile since we have dined there and both agreed there is no other place we would rather go to start off our evening. The food was delicious as always and the wine was spectacular! We sat at the sofa area by the fireplace in the bar. It was quaint, comfortable and romantic. The service was wonderful and the setting was perfect! Thank you Michaels for a lovely evening. It was perfect! Be back soon, Danny and NoelSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't botherVIP2VIPDined on 10/4/2013This is not the same Michael's I was expecting. It's more like a sports bar with a dining room. The menu is more like bar food than the former Michael's fine dining cuisine. It was a total disappointment. Surprised that Open Table keeps it on the list.Special Features:
- Michael's ReviewUTUBETVIPDined on 9/30/2013If you haven't thought of Michael's for a business lunch you are missing the boat. Great food-nice business setting and great service....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I was very impressed afterOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/16/2013I was very impressed after my first visit to MC. Food was very good and the chef's attention to detail was present in every dish. The double pork chop stole the show! I'd recommend it for a quick night out as excellent value overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/14/2013As usual, Michaels delivered great food. We had the salmon (roc-doc) and the pecan crusted goat cheese chicken entrees. Everything was perfectly cooked with generous portions. The breadpudding dessert is one of the best we've ever tasted. Michaels' is a Fort Worth institution that we love to visit a couple of times a month.Special Features:
- wait staffCouchRobertDined on 9/13/2013Most of the food was really good. Though I ordered my beef tenderloin medium rare, and it came out extra extra rare. And I usually like a rare steak, but I had a hard time even enjoying this. The wait staff seemed a bit under trained. Lacking knowledge of the wine menu. Also getting my side orders wrong.Special Features:
- service4lunchDined on 9/7/2013Took about 50 minutes for the entrees to arrive. Out table had an open view of the kitchen who would be better screened off somehow. Food was good.Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/7/2013Good. Not great. The Goat Cheese Salad was amazing. My wife still wishes she had gotten the crab cakes, rather than the grouper. I had the pork tenderloin, which was good.Special Features:
- Will give it another try.MargeneDined on 8/17/2013Four of us went for my husband's birthday dinner. We all enjoyed our dinners but after tasting each others main course they all decided that the Double Pork Chop that I ordered was the best! Our waiter was very attentive and the food was served quickly and nice and hot. There were no problems and the food tasted good-just not anything that I would say WOW to. The restaurant had several tables full but still was quiet-although nice to carry on a conversation not having too loud music.It was almost too quiet. I would say we will try it again but nothing really stood out compared to other local restaurants in the same price range.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!phpmdDined on 8/5/2013Awesome experience from beginning to end. Food awesome. Service awesome. Ambiance awesome!Special Features:
- Loved it!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/27/2013The food never disappoints, everything was delicious. Had crab cakes that were grilled instead of fried...healthy and yummy! Wine reasonably priced. Didn't love the red velvet cake, but it was good. The lava cake is much better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/20/2013While looking for a last minute reservation on a busy Saturday night in downton Fort Worth, Open Table came up with Michaels and next time I'm in Fort Worth, I will make sure to plan a meal here. The atmosphere was very low-key and elegant without being stuffy. The selection was excellent. My friend and I had been on a two week road trip and were trying to eat as healthy as possible and Michael's offered great options for that. I had the seafood special which was perfectly prepared with vegetables on the side. My friend had the tenderloin and she also said the meat was perfectly cooked and so tender she could cut it with a fork. I highly recommend Michaels.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a great surprise!SUSHIVIPDined on 7/13/2013We were going to a concert in Fort Worth from Dallas and wanted to find a nice place to eat close to downtown Fort Worth. Open Table recommended several restaurants, and I chose Michaels. What a wonderful neighborhood style restaurant. The service was outstanding and the food was amazing. We both had the chicken with goat cheese stuffing. It was very nicely prepared and the price point was great. Take a chance on the house wines as well. They apparently change the selection periodically and they are very reasonably priced. I will definitely go back to Michaels again and again when I travel to Fort Worth, especially when near the Museum district or downtown.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experienceBillDined on 7/13/2013Three of us dined at the restaurant. We all ordered something different but we all had a taste of the other's entree. I had the crab cakes that had a different taste than any I had ever had before but they were great. One friend had the pork chop that was very tasty and huge. My third friend had the beef tenderloin with a different flavor than any I had ever eaten before. The wine was very good and there was a nice selection. We shared an order of Oysters Rockefeller, also very good. It was the first time that I had had Rockefeller that was minced in the shell which might mean that they use canned rather than fresh oysters but try them anyway. Also try the grits. We were too full for dessert so no recommendation there. Great service.Special Features:
- We asked for a quiet tableKittykayDined on 7/5/2013We asked for a quiet table and were given an excellent location. The food was just wonderful but the service was terrible. Very slow, all food brought out at once and not exactly what was ordered.Special Features:
- Class Place1culinarycarnivoreDined on 7/3/2013There were six of us and we ordered everything from appetizers to desert. There was not one thing on any plate that was not perfectly prepared and a delight to eat. Thank you for awonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We enjoyed the evening verygreat2goDined on 6/15/2013We enjoyed the evening very much. The Salmon was great as well as the crab cakes. Service was great and we liked the fact that there was good lighting so we could read the menu. We look forward to returning.Special Features:
- personal serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/14/2013We had hoped the butternut squash soup would be on the menu the day we dined there, but it was not. However, the server let us know we could call in the morning the next time we plan to come and ask for it to be prepared, and the chef would honor that request. Wow!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Martini ever!WindowsDined on 5/24/2013I had their "dusty" Martini and it was absolutely divine- had to have another! Their "ranch oysters Rockefeller " was some of the best I ever had. We also had their salad that had the berries and goat cheese which was great too.iSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special OccasionDougVIPDined on 5/17/2013Enjoyed a great evening of food and good service. It was a special occasion and we were not disappointed.Special Features:
- SorryOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/9/2013I thought the food was uninspired and amateur. The was selection was horrible.
- Very GoodMGandSEDined on 4/23/2013Food very good. Waite staff knew food prep and ingredients. Well done!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.