2119 York Road
Timonium, MD 21093Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.michaelscafe.com/
- Phone: (410) 252-2022
- Hours of Operation:
Open 10am Everyday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: PLEASE CALL
- Entertainment: EVERY WEDNESDAY 7PM AND EVERY FRIDAY 9PM
A word from Michael's Cafe
It is constant attention to detail that sets Michael's apart from the rest. The Dellis family welcomes you. Our commiment to quality, service and atmosphere are key to the success of our restaurant. We pride ourselves on the fact that the majority of our menu is homemade, using only the finest and freshest ingredients.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Michael's Cafe - Best Restaurants in Timonium ›
Michael's Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
129 reviews since July 24, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (72)great for lunch (48)fit for foodies (44)good for groups (42)vibrant bar scene (40)great for outdoor dining (31)special occasion (27)hot spot (26)great for brunch (21)romantic (16)kid-friendly (15)late-night find (15)notable wine list (9)scenic view (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 11/12/2014The grill fish was tasty and moist and seasoned well. Best whole fish in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can always expect great foodDGilbertDined on 11/10/2014We love eating on Michaels new patio. It's a beautiful outside setting. We were the only ones out there on a brisk, sunny, November day, but were well attended by our server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GraycieDined on 11/9/2014The food was OK but I thought the 2 lunches I had there were more imaginative and better prepared. My mixed vegetables were nearly all onions. I like the atmosphere décor and location.Special Features:
- accommodatingLeslieDined on 11/8/2014I made the reservation on OPEN TABLE for 2. We were seated immediately and after looking at the menus, friends of ours walked in to have dinner. The waitress was able to secure another 4-person table for us so we could be all together. We have eaten at Michael's many times and I know this was not an easy task. I really appreciated their service.Special Features:
- Neighborhood MainstayDavidgVIPDined on 11/7/2014Always dependable, excellent menu with many, many selections to feed the pallet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Michael's CafeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/5/2014Service was excellent and food arrived at our table super fast. However, the food was cold and had to be sent back to be warmed. Crab cake was very good.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 11/5/2014Michael's makes the best Branzeni in town. Soft shell crabs sandwich is the best in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a Good TimeTomLightVIPDined on 11/3/2014The food, bar and service are as consistent as any restaurant we have ever dined in. Perfect for a quick bite or an evening lasting well into the night. Just a great spot in the Baltimore restaurant scene.Special Features:
- Awesome crab cakes2thegoodlifeDined on 11/1/2014My wife and I have eaten here many times and almost always get either the crab cakes or lobster crab cakes. They never disappoint. The meatiest crab cakes anywhere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent All Around!ParentsniteoutDined on 11/1/2014We were skeptical about dining here after some of the reviews recently posted, but we are sure glad we did not listen and took a chance. We wanted somewhere semi casual and had great food for our anniversary and Michael's cafe did not disappoint us. Drew, our server, was very prompt to start us off with drinks and even recommended some of the great microbrews to us! The rest of the evening, he took the time to make sure we liked our meals and promptly got us anything else we needed. The meal was excellent and they even topped off our dinner with dessert for our anniversary, which Drew picked up on in our conversations. We will recommend Michael's to everyone! Thanks for giving parents of 2 year old twins who hardly go out, a great night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GrandmaDined on 10/31/2014Good salads, sandwiches, and particularly, crab cakes. We sat in a side room, and it was a perfect place to have a quiet conversation.Special Features:
- Nice visitkateewaldVIPDined on 10/30/2014Nice happy hour bar visit. Well-cleaned oysters and friendly service. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- terrible serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/25/2014Food was good but service was awful! Couldn't get refills on water until manager came to our table. Our server was abrupt and ignored us for long periods of time. We were there saturday at 7:30 pm. Would not go back.
- Service bad as usual!TerriP54Dined on 10/19/2014Brunch was very good, except we waited over 1 hour to recieve it. And it was cold. No I'm sorry, no nothing!Special Features:
- Entertaining friends from ScotlandMikeydonnaDined on 10/16/2014Had dinner with our friends from Dundee, Scotland and they enjoyed their meal at Michael's Café.Special Features:
- Consistently good!ConnieVIPDined on 10/13/2014Michael's is one of our favorite restaurants for any occasion, time, or event. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- Perfect Place, Perfect FoodluvgoodfoodDined on 10/13/2014i have not dined at Michael's since the remodeling was completed. It is even better than I had remembered. My friend and I had lunch and the menu choices were excellent. The service was outstanding and the food was exceptionally good. I intend to frequent michael's more often with friends and family.Special Features:
- Experience was okayJamesVIPDined on 10/9/2014Michael's Cafe was very busy with a lot of activity. The water was refilled without asking. He was very attentive and polite. The waitress was too busy to be very attentive. The strawberry spinach and candied walnut salad was disappointing. The nuts were soggy and there were several pieces of wilted greens. The dressing was way too vinegary! The cream of crab soup was extremely thick and very rich with few pieces of crabmeat. Tasty but too heavy...and we love cream of crab soup. The Chicken Franchaise was tender and the veggies good. The spread for the potato and bread was margarine. Guess it is healthier. The broiled crab cake tasted heavily of egg. In spite of reviews, for the price of the meals, we were not impressed.Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/4/2014I don't have high expectations for restaurants in Timonium, but Michael's was definitely disappointing. We made a reservation for Saturday brunch at 10am, which is when the restaurant opens. They were still setting up and it seemed like most of the staff had not arrived yet. Our waiter was nice enough, but the kitchen seemed totally disorganized. They were "out" of a number of items, such as biscuits. Biscuits? Seriously? A) it's brunch, and B) I'm assuming that means these are not made fresh, which is gross. After we ordered, the waiter brought out 3/4 meals, and then mentioned that the kitchen was also out of what I had ordered. When it finally came out, the hollandaise was thick and electric orange colored and the potatoes were cold. Ew
- icemanVIPDined on 9/27/2014Even with our reservation, and the already empty table we were eventually given, we waited about 35 minutes to be seated. Then, it was another 10 to 15 minutes for the waitress to take our order. We waited roughly 15 minutes for our salads, and before we were finished eating them, the entrees came. I realize that it was Saturday, and they were very busy, but the poor handling of our reservation, the delay in delivery of our salads, and the too-soon appearance of our entrees, all added up to a very unpleasant experience. It almost appears that they were totally unprepared to do this volume of business. However, they are always busy and crowded, so it is inexcusable. We were there roughly two hours....much too long!!!Special Features:
- Consistently Good!ConnieVIPDined on 9/21/2014Always a pleasure dining at Michael's! The food is delicious and the service is top notch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, but a bit expensiveGirlsNightOutVIPDined on 9/18/2014My friends and I all liked the food, but the entrees are on the pricey side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyedBlondieDined on 9/18/2014We wanted to go to a nice restaurant with good food.Michaels was recomended, it was our first time there, but it will not be our last. The waitress was so nice and quick to service our table.Mary is a assett to Michaels.The food was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfect for partiescaheVIPDined on 9/14/2014Michaels has been around for a while...and has always had a great reputation for being a good spot for a party! the environment and space available for a large group is perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow service.rickzDined on 9/14/2014Slow service. Perhaps they were short staffed. Brunch menu is great, but not logging me in to Open Table to show I kept the reservation and slow service just doesn't cut it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great findziggyDined on 9/12/2014We haven't been to Michaels in many years and it was a pleasure to return. The addition is very nice and the atmosphere is very energetic. The menu is very diverse and the food was great. Two people from our group got a burger with a soft shell crab on top which they said was delicious. The shrimp tacos were also good. The only major problem was we ate outside and when the sun set there were no lights. I mean we ate in the dark-we couldn't see our food. There was a little candle on the table but that didn't help. It would have been nice to see what we were eating. Aside from that the experience was great. Also, our server Lauren was right on the ball and a pleasure to deal with.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/11/2014Consistently great crab cakes. New outdoor dining very nice but also very dark and our candle kept blowing out. Our waiter worked hard to keep relighting, but it just not stay lit and was annoying. Some added outdoor lighting would be nice for anyone eating dinner. Since it was a Ravens game night, we had a flat screen TV right by our table. It just seemed a strange place to put a flat screen.Special Features:
- RecommendjbearDined on 9/11/2014Eaten here couple of times during the summer. Each time was great. Weather,service made it even betterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RiversDined on 9/8/2014I live on the Eastern Shore now but every couple of months I get together with a number of friends and family for lunch or dinner at Michael's. The food is great, the service wonderful. Monday night all three of us in my party had a different meal and we all were completely satisfied. Also this past Christmas the restaurant accommodated our group of 18. No matter the size of our party we've received excellent food and service.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 9/3/2014Michael's makes the best soft shell crabs in town. Also I love the way they prepare Branzino. It is both moist and tasty. You can't beat the price on Mediterranean night.Special Features:
- 2dinersVIPDined on 9/3/2014This was my second time in a week to have an outstanding lunch. The service was outstanding. We were in the new bar area. It must be a fun place to be in the evening,as well. The steak was prepared to a perfect medium rare and seasoned perfectly. Mini crab balls were all crab not filler. I will return soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CharlieVIPDined on 8/31/2014Food and service were both excellent. Restaurant is conveniently located 1/2 mile off of I-83 in Timonium. We have been there many times and will continue to return.Special Features:
- Rude Server4daluvofoodVIPDined on 8/27/2014It was very busy during lunch but our server was busy chatting to co-workers and complaining to us. He didn't listen to our order and brought our oysters and soup at the same time then we had to wait 15 for him to bring our guest his food, which meant our soup got cold. I asked him three times to hold off on the soup. There are so many wonderful restaurants in the area, we will NEVER COME BACK HERE!
- Tried it and loved it!Luv2EatOutWithFriendsDined on 8/26/2014Michael's on York Road was recommended by a friend and I'm so glad... great seafood, great service, quiet enough at lunch time to still have a good conversation. Our waitress sensed that we would "be a while" and was attentive but not intrusive and never rushed us. Split-level crab soup is a specialty you have to try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outdoor areaChipVIPDined on 8/24/2014First time at the new outdoor patio. Very nice but music was great but way too loud. We were there on a hot sunny day and not enough umbrellas. Lauren our server very nice and helpful. Burgers were good. The seafood club was a mess.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food good, service the same...poorTerriP54Dined on 8/24/2014I love Michaels. I have been eating there for years. As much I as I love the food, the service still needs to step it up. 15 mins before anyone asked us if we would like water. Really? The outside dining area is fabulous, love the live music too. Please fix the 'service' part. It really is a problem.Special Features:
- A great experience.favmushcapsDined on 8/21/2014A great experience. Celebrated a birthday. we had reservations and was seated right away. The service was great and the food was even greater. Also received free slice of cheesecake for my birthday. I will definitely visit again.Special Features:
- Love itFoodisourloveDined on 8/19/2014The service is great and the food is amazing. We just ate off the happy hour menu, but just with that alone we will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Had a great dining experienceskipsterDined on 8/16/2014Great food, wonderful service, superb ambience. Felt as if I was a friend of the owners. A neighborhood gem in Balto county. I'll gladly return & suggest this place to family & friends.Special Features:
- Great lunchWillieRayDined on 8/10/2014Five of us had a great lunch just after the Sunday brunch. 1/2 x 1/2 crab soup was to die for. I have not been a fan of this mix but Michaels is just fab. Their crab cakes and burger also got great raves. A very consistent operation with quite a variety of seating options. Keep up the good workSpecial Features: