2119 York Road
Timonium, MD 21093Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.michaelscafe.com/
- Phone: 4102522022
- Hours of Operation:
Open 10am Everyday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: PLEASE CALL
- Entertainment: EVERY WEDNESDAY 7PM AND EVERY FRIDAY 9PM
A word from Michael's Cafe
It is constant attention to detail that sets Michael's apart from the rest. The Dellis family welcomes you. Our commiment to quality, service and atmosphere are key to the success of our restaurant. We pride ourselves on the fact that the majority of our menu is homemade, using only the finest and freshest ingredients.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Michael's Cafe - Best Restaurants in Timonium ›
Michael's Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
137 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (78)great for lunch (50)vibrant bar scene (48)fit for foodies (45)good for groups (43)great for outdoor dining (33)special occasion (29)hot spot (23)great for brunch (19)late-night find (16)romantic (16)kid-friendly (13)notable wine list (7)scenic view (1)Show More
- Service bad as usual!TerriP54Dined on 10/19/2014Brunch was very good, except we waited over 1 hour to recieve it. And it was cold. No I'm sorry, no nothing!Special Features:
- Entertaining friends from ScotlandMikeydonnaDined on 10/16/2014Had dinner with our friends from Dundee, Scotland and they enjoyed their meal at Michael's Café.Special Features:
- Consistently good!ConnieVIPDined on 10/13/2014Michael's is one of our favorite restaurants for any occasion, time, or event. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- Perfect Place, Perfect FoodluvgoodfoodDined on 10/13/2014i have not dined at Michael's since the remodeling was completed. It is even better than I had remembered. My friend and I had lunch and the menu choices were excellent. The service was outstanding and the food was exceptionally good. I intend to frequent michael's more often with friends and family.Special Features:
- Experience was okayJamesVIPDined on 10/9/2014Michael's Cafe was very busy with a lot of activity. The water was refilled without asking. He was very attentive and polite. The waitress was too busy to be very attentive. The strawberry spinach and candied walnut salad was disappointing. The nuts were soggy and there were several pieces of wilted greens. The dressing was way too vinegary! The cream of crab soup was extremely thick and very rich with few pieces of crabmeat. Tasty but too heavy...and we love cream of crab soup. The Chicken Franchaise was tender and the veggies good. The spread for the potato and bread was margarine. Guess it is healthier. The broiled crab cake tasted heavily of egg. In spite of reviews, for the price of the meals, we were not impressed.Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/4/2014I don't have high expectations for restaurants in Timonium, but Michael's was definitely disappointing. We made a reservation for Saturday brunch at 10am, which is when the restaurant opens. They were still setting up and it seemed like most of the staff had not arrived yet. Our waiter was nice enough, but the kitchen seemed totally disorganized. They were "out" of a number of items, such as biscuits. Biscuits? Seriously? A) it's brunch, and B) I'm assuming that means these are not made fresh, which is gross. After we ordered, the waiter brought out 3/4 meals, and then mentioned that the kitchen was also out of what I had ordered. When it finally came out, the hollandaise was thick and electric orange colored and the potatoes were cold. Ew
- icemanVIPDined on 9/27/2014Even with our reservation, and the already empty table we were eventually given, we waited about 35 minutes to be seated. Then, it was another 10 to 15 minutes for the waitress to take our order. We waited roughly 15 minutes for our salads, and before we were finished eating them, the entrees came. I realize that it was Saturday, and they were very busy, but the poor handling of our reservation, the delay in delivery of our salads, and the too-soon appearance of our entrees, all added up to a very unpleasant experience. It almost appears that they were totally unprepared to do this volume of business. However, they are always busy and crowded, so it is inexcusable. We were there roughly two hours....much too long!!!Special Features:
- Consistently Good!ConnieVIPDined on 9/21/2014Always a pleasure dining at Michael's! The food is delicious and the service is top notch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, but a bit expensiveGirlsNightOutVIPDined on 9/18/2014My friends and I all liked the food, but the entrees are on the pricey side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyedBlondieDined on 9/18/2014We wanted to go to a nice restaurant with good food.Michaels was recomended, it was our first time there, but it will not be our last. The waitress was so nice and quick to service our table.Mary is a assett to Michaels.The food was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfect for partiescaheVIPDined on 9/14/2014Michaels has been around for a while...and has always had a great reputation for being a good spot for a party! the environment and space available for a large group is perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow service.rickzDined on 9/14/2014Slow service. Perhaps they were short staffed. Brunch menu is great, but not logging me in to Open Table to show I kept the reservation and slow service just doesn't cut it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great findziggyDined on 9/12/2014We haven't been to Michaels in many years and it was a pleasure to return. The addition is very nice and the atmosphere is very energetic. The menu is very diverse and the food was great. Two people from our group got a burger with a soft shell crab on top which they said was delicious. The shrimp tacos were also good. The only major problem was we ate outside and when the sun set there were no lights. I mean we ate in the dark-we couldn't see our food. There was a little candle on the table but that didn't help. It would have been nice to see what we were eating. Aside from that the experience was great. Also, our server Lauren was right on the ball and a pleasure to deal with.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/11/2014Consistently great crab cakes. New outdoor dining very nice but also very dark and our candle kept blowing out. Our waiter worked hard to keep relighting, but it just not stay lit and was annoying. Some added outdoor lighting would be nice for anyone eating dinner. Since it was a Ravens game night, we had a flat screen TV right by our table. It just seemed a strange place to put a flat screen.Special Features:
- RecommendjbearDined on 9/11/2014Eaten here couple of times during the summer. Each time was great. Weather,service made it even betterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RiversDined on 9/8/2014I live on the Eastern Shore now but every couple of months I get together with a number of friends and family for lunch or dinner at Michael's. The food is great, the service wonderful. Monday night all three of us in my party had a different meal and we all were completely satisfied. Also this past Christmas the restaurant accommodated our group of 18. No matter the size of our party we've received excellent food and service.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 9/3/2014Michael's makes the best soft shell crabs in town. Also I love the way they prepare Branzino. It is both moist and tasty. You can't beat the price on Mediterranean night.Special Features:
- 2dinersVIPDined on 9/3/2014This was my second time in a week to have an outstanding lunch. The service was outstanding. We were in the new bar area. It must be a fun place to be in the evening,as well. The steak was prepared to a perfect medium rare and seasoned perfectly. Mini crab balls were all crab not filler. I will return soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CharlieVIPDined on 8/31/2014Food and service were both excellent. Restaurant is conveniently located 1/2 mile off of I-83 in Timonium. We have been there many times and will continue to return.Special Features:
- Rude Server4daluvofoodVIPDined on 8/27/2014It was very busy during lunch but our server was busy chatting to co-workers and complaining to us. He didn't listen to our order and brought our oysters and soup at the same time then we had to wait 15 for him to bring our guest his food, which meant our soup got cold. I asked him three times to hold off on the soup. There are so many wonderful restaurants in the area, we will NEVER COME BACK HERE!
- Tried it and loved it!Luv2EatOutWithFriendsDined on 8/26/2014Michael's on York Road was recommended by a friend and I'm so glad... great seafood, great service, quiet enough at lunch time to still have a good conversation. Our waitress sensed that we would "be a while" and was attentive but not intrusive and never rushed us. Split-level crab soup is a specialty you have to try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outdoor areaChipVIPDined on 8/24/2014First time at the new outdoor patio. Very nice but music was great but way too loud. We were there on a hot sunny day and not enough umbrellas. Lauren our server very nice and helpful. Burgers were good. The seafood club was a mess.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food good, service the same...poorTerriP54Dined on 8/24/2014I love Michaels. I have been eating there for years. As much I as I love the food, the service still needs to step it up. 15 mins before anyone asked us if we would like water. Really? The outside dining area is fabulous, love the live music too. Please fix the 'service' part. It really is a problem.Special Features:
- A great experience.favmushcapsDined on 8/21/2014A great experience. Celebrated a birthday. we had reservations and was seated right away. The service was great and the food was even greater. Also received free slice of cheesecake for my birthday. I will definitely visit again.Special Features:
- Love itFoodisourloveDined on 8/19/2014The service is great and the food is amazing. We just ate off the happy hour menu, but just with that alone we will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Had a great dining experienceskipsterDined on 8/16/2014Great food, wonderful service, superb ambience. Felt as if I was a friend of the owners. A neighborhood gem in Balto county. I'll gladly return & suggest this place to family & friends.Special Features:
- Great lunchWillieRayDined on 8/10/2014Five of us had a great lunch just after the Sunday brunch. 1/2 x 1/2 crab soup was to die for. I have not been a fan of this mix but Michaels is just fab. Their crab cakes and burger also got great raves. A very consistent operation with quite a variety of seating options. Keep up the good workSpecial Features:
- Nothing Special!Tigger62Dined on 8/8/2014Decent food, but pricey! I had the lobster crab cake which didn't taste any different from a regular crab cake. I am not a fan of bottled salad dressings...it would be nice to have at least one or 2 homemade. Didn't order apps. or dessert b/c just too pricey. Nice place to catch up with an old friend...we cold hear each other and didn't have to compete with noise. Like I said nothing special or memorable, but wouldn't not go back. Easily accessible off of I-83Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2dinersVIPDined on 8/8/2014Great new patio and bar. Service was perfect. Good balance and knew the menu. I am sure that it is a hot spot at night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to eat and relaxTillmoore2014VIPDined on 8/4/2014The food was fresh and tasty!! The service was excellent!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Dining experienceFiddleleafDined on 8/2/2014Michael's Cafe appears to have completed it's remodeling. The NEW Michael's appearance is outstanding with great ambiance. Food was great. Service was friendly, timely, accurate. Wait staff were always available to support (bus boys and kitchen staff) our server. The general manager was quite congenial and had time to ask the status of service and food quality. Busy place but noise was well handled to allow table conversation.Special Features:
- Very good, but ...pikesvilledinerVIPDined on 8/2/2014I took our family to Michael's - this includes 2 teenagers - and our experience was quite good. The only disappointment was the crabcakes, which is perplexing given that Michael's has a reputation for the best crabcakes in the area. That is just not the case. My husband had the prime rib special and he enjoyed it. My daughter had the burger, which was huge ... necessary to make the orders that big? My order of salad and the tuna tataki app were excellent - a good value. We will go back, but not for a while and it won't be to order crabcakes.Special Features:
- Acoustically ChallengedVisitorsDined on 7/30/2014This review is specifically for the patio/bar portion of the restaurant. It's a great place to meet friends/co-workers after work. Not so much to have a dining experience. It's a wide open space with some tables, but it seems to cater to those who wish to stand around drinking and chattering. It's very difficult to have a conversation whilst having dinner. On the other hand, the other rooms of this restaurant are very nice... as long as you are not seated too close to the open room of the patio/bar.Special Features:
- CharlieVIPDined on 7/19/2014Crabcakes were excellent. Soft shell crab also excellent. service was excellent. Very enjoyable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Some of the old and some newOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/17/2014New menu since my last visit to Michael's, with some favorites as well as some new items: lobster/crabcake! Loved an old favorite, the fried green tomato with lump crab appetizer; my crab imperial was great; my companion loved her Michael's scallops, too. The tomato/corn side needs some work--a good concept, but it didn't quite make the grade. Service was friendly, knowledgeable, and efficient.Special Features:
- noisey in new bar areaFoodieVIPDined on 7/17/2014Since there are no "soft goods" (rugs, draperies, etc.) to absorb the noise, the level of noise was terrible, although there were only about 12 people in the room. The dragging of chairs across the bare floor, clatter of plates, and loud conversation made it almost impossible to hear across the table. I won't eat in that room again.Special Features:
- Great Night OutLeighDined on 7/14/2014We went here recently for a birthday dinner. Our server was great - quick with the drinks and very friendly. The food was amazing! We had the charbroiled oysters, lightly fried calamari & a mix of raw oysters to start - all so good! The entrees were just as good or better. I knew they had pretty good food but either we hit them on a really good night, or their pretty good food has risen to the level of greatness. Highly recommend!!Special Features:
- diner4UnmeDined on 7/13/2014Outstanding food and service and a wonderful place for dining on any occasion. If you have friends from out-of-town, they will be thrilled to dine at Michael's. We bring many of our friends here, especially if they have never been here before; and reservations for five or more is a must. Desserts are a must, but appetizers and entree's are so delicious one can easily eat to overflow and miss the great cakes and pies.Special Features:
- great spot!!TmanVIPDined on 7/11/2014very good service in the new bar area and an excellent crab cake-one of the best we had in BaltimoreSpecial Features:
- Not What we expectedLeensDined on 7/11/2014We decided not to go downtown to a restaurant to celebrate my husband's birthday & made a reservation at Miachel's. It was super busy and by the time the waitress go to us, we told her our drink order, app order and dinner order....next thing we know, the helper brings our app and 30 seconds later the waitress brings our dinner. We were at a tiny table with no room for all of this food. No offer to keep our food under the warmer. We asked if she could pack up the app (it was $13) and didn't want to waste food. I would have expected her to say, there will be no charge for the app, or let me cover your 2 drinks. Not sure if we will be returning to Michael's.