2119 York Road
Timonium, MD 21093Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.michaelscafe.com/
- Phone: 4102522022
- Hours of Operation:
Open 10am Everyday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: PLEASE CALL
- Entertainment: EVERY WEDNESDAY 7PM AND EVERY FRIDAY 9PM
A word from Michael's Cafe
It is constant attention to detail that sets Michael's apart from the rest. The Dellis family welcomes you. Our commiment to quality, service and atmosphere are key to the success of our restaurant. We pride ourselves on the fact that the majority of our menu is homemade, using only the finest and freshest ingredients.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Michael's Cafe - Best Restaurants in Timonium ›
Michael's Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
152 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (78)great for lunch (55)vibrant bar scene (51)good for groups (50)fit for foodies (44)great for outdoor dining (43)special occasion (39)great for brunch (28)hot spot (23)kid-friendly (14)romantic (12)late-night find (12)notable wine list (7)scenic view (1)Show More
- CharlieVIPDined on 8/31/2014Food and service were both excellent. Restaurant is conveniently located 1/2 mile off of I-83 in Timonium. We have been there many times and will continue to return.Special Features:
- Rude Server4daluvofoodVIPDined on 8/27/2014It was very busy during lunch but our server was busy chatting to co-workers and complaining to us. He didn't listen to our order and brought our oysters and soup at the same time then we had to wait 15 for him to bring our guest his food, which meant our soup got cold. I asked him three times to hold off on the soup. There are so many wonderful restaurants in the area, we will NEVER COME BACK HERE!
- Outdoor areaChipVIPDined on 8/24/2014First time at the new outdoor patio. Very nice but music was great but way too loud. We were there on a hot sunny day and not enough umbrellas. Lauren our server very nice and helpful. Burgers were good. The seafood club was a mess.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food good, service the same...poorTerriP54Dined on 8/24/2014I love Michaels. I have been eating there for years. As much I as I love the food, the service still needs to step it up. 15 mins before anyone asked us if we would like water. Really? The outside dining area is fabulous, love the live music too. Please fix the 'service' part. It really is a problem.Special Features:
- Love itFoodisourloveDined on 8/19/2014The service is great and the food is amazing. We just ate off the happy hour menu, but just with that alone we will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Had a great dining experienceskipsterDined on 8/16/2014Great food, wonderful service, superb ambience. Felt as if I was a friend of the owners. A neighborhood gem in Balto county. I'll gladly return & suggest this place to family & friends.Special Features:
- Great lunchWillieRayDined on 8/10/2014Five of us had a great lunch just after the Sunday brunch. 1/2 x 1/2 crab soup was to die for. I have not been a fan of this mix but Michaels is just fab. Their crab cakes and burger also got great raves. A very consistent operation with quite a variety of seating options. Keep up the good workSpecial Features:
- Nothing Special!Tigger62Dined on 8/8/2014Decent food, but pricey! I had the lobster crab cake which didn't taste any different from a regular crab cake. I am not a fan of bottled salad dressings...it would be nice to have at least one or 2 homemade. Didn't order apps. or dessert b/c just too pricey. Nice place to catch up with an old friend...we cold hear each other and didn't have to compete with noise. Like I said nothing special or memorable, but wouldn't not go back. Easily accessible off of I-83Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2dinersVIPDined on 8/8/2014Great new patio and bar. Service was perfect. Good balance and knew the menu. I am sure that it is a hot spot at night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to eat and relaxTillmoore2014VIPDined on 8/4/2014The food was fresh and tasty!! The service was excellent!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Dining experienceFiddleleafDined on 8/2/2014Michael's Cafe appears to have completed it's remodeling. The NEW Michael's appearance is outstanding with great ambiance. Food was great. Service was friendly, timely, accurate. Wait staff were always available to support (bus boys and kitchen staff) our server. The general manager was quite congenial and had time to ask the status of service and food quality. Busy place but noise was well handled to allow table conversation.Special Features:
- Very good, but ...pikesvilledinerVIPDined on 8/2/2014I took our family to Michael's - this includes 2 teenagers - and our experience was quite good. The only disappointment was the crabcakes, which is perplexing given that Michael's has a reputation for the best crabcakes in the area. That is just not the case. My husband had the prime rib special and he enjoyed it. My daughter had the burger, which was huge ... necessary to make the orders that big? My order of salad and the tuna tataki app were excellent - a good value. We will go back, but not for a while and it won't be to order crabcakes.Special Features:
- Acoustically ChallengedVisitorsDined on 7/30/2014This review is specifically for the patio/bar portion of the restaurant. It's a great place to meet friends/co-workers after work. Not so much to have a dining experience. It's a wide open space with some tables, but it seems to cater to those who wish to stand around drinking and chattering. It's very difficult to have a conversation whilst having dinner. On the other hand, the other rooms of this restaurant are very nice... as long as you are not seated too close to the open room of the patio/bar.Special Features:
- CharlieVIPDined on 7/19/2014Crabcakes were excellent. Soft shell crab also excellent. service was excellent. Very enjoyable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Some of the old and some newOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/17/2014New menu since my last visit to Michael's, with some favorites as well as some new items: lobster/crabcake! Loved an old favorite, the fried green tomato with lump crab appetizer; my crab imperial was great; my companion loved her Michael's scallops, too. The tomato/corn side needs some work--a good concept, but it didn't quite make the grade. Service was friendly, knowledgeable, and efficient.Special Features:
- noisey in new bar areaFoodieVIPDined on 7/17/2014Since there are no "soft goods" (rugs, draperies, etc.) to absorb the noise, the level of noise was terrible, although there were only about 12 people in the room. The dragging of chairs across the bare floor, clatter of plates, and loud conversation made it almost impossible to hear across the table. I won't eat in that room again.Special Features:
- Great Night OutLeighDined on 7/14/2014We went here recently for a birthday dinner. Our server was great - quick with the drinks and very friendly. The food was amazing! We had the charbroiled oysters, lightly fried calamari & a mix of raw oysters to start - all so good! The entrees were just as good or better. I knew they had pretty good food but either we hit them on a really good night, or their pretty good food has risen to the level of greatness. Highly recommend!!Special Features:
- diner4UnmeDined on 7/13/2014Outstanding food and service and a wonderful place for dining on any occasion. If you have friends from out-of-town, they will be thrilled to dine at Michael's. We bring many of our friends here, especially if they have never been here before; and reservations for five or more is a must. Desserts are a must, but appetizers and entree's are so delicious one can easily eat to overflow and miss the great cakes and pies.Special Features:
- great spot!!TmanVIPDined on 7/11/2014very good service in the new bar area and an excellent crab cake-one of the best we had in BaltimoreSpecial Features:
- Not What we expectedLeensDined on 7/11/2014We decided not to go downtown to a restaurant to celebrate my husband's birthday & made a reservation at Miachel's. It was super busy and by the time the waitress go to us, we told her our drink order, app order and dinner order....next thing we know, the helper brings our app and 30 seconds later the waitress brings our dinner. We were at a tiny table with no room for all of this food. No offer to keep our food under the warmer. We asked if she could pack up the app (it was $13) and didn't want to waste food. I would have expected her to say, there will be no charge for the app, or let me cover your 2 drinks. Not sure if we will be returning to Michael's.
- Best Biggest Soft Crabs in TownTheBiteDined on 7/6/2014For a Sunday Night, the restaurant was surprisingly full. We were seated in the more formal area of the restaurant which is comfortable and quiet. Michaels has my favorite wine Sonoma Cutrer and fills the glass so you really feel like you have more gulps for your investment. The soft crabs were running and my dinner partner and I both ordered the sandwich. It was perfect, the soft crabs had lots of meat inside and the claws extended well outside the bread. They were fried to the ultimate crispness and arrived with fresh toast and summer ripened tomatoes and fresh greens. I wanted to go back the next night for an encore! For those that want a more lively scene, the outdoor dining area had a band and ideal summer breezes.Special Features:
- Impressive first timekateewaldVIPDined on 6/27/2014A real Timonium gem. This was my first time dining, and both the food and service were great (I was at the bar). I took advantage of the buck-a-shuck oysters during happy hour, and ordered the fried green tomatoes with crab meat and a lemon beurre blanc on top, which were pretty darn good too. My old fashioned was a little weak, and although the bartender was very nice and accommodating, there were a few menu questions he couldn't answer, and he didn't tell most of the guests around me that the kitchen had run out of certain dishes (or it wasn't communicated to him). I am definitely going back.Special Features:
- outdoor diningHenryVIPDined on 6/27/2014we ate on the new outdoor patio. The the food and atmosphere was exceptional. We celebrating my daughter's birthday in a great environment.Special Features:
- AliskjeDined on 6/26/2014After waiting too long, for our confirmed reservation from opentable, we were going to leave. I was told that your company had us sitting in a booth in a certain room, that was occupied, and that was the delay. I asked and was given another table in another room immediately.Special Features:
- Everyone was happyBigRubeVIPDined on 6/24/2014There were 4 of us and we were all happy with our meals. My husband said his cream of crab soup was delicious and full of large chunks of crab. My mother and I had the shrimp/feta/tomato tower, which looked spectacular and tasted just as good. My husband had the shrimp salad/crab club sandwich, which was good but a little spicy for his taste. My cousin had the shrimp salad sandwich, which she loved. My husband got vanilla ice cream for dessert, which he declared to be one of the best he's had. I had the lemon pie, which was wonderful, clean and fresh, and lemony. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GoodBenBVIPDined on 6/21/2014Another lovely dining experience at Michael's. The renovations are spot on, opening up the space and adding light. Service was prompt, knowledgeable and friendly but not overdone. I always get the crab cake, it's my favorite crab cake in the area. My wife had the Salmon and liked it very much. Michaels is in our restaurant rotation and never disappoints.Special Features:
- Fantastic patio!iheartdiningoutVIPDined on 6/17/2014This was my first time back since the expansion. What a great choice in adding the huge additional bar with plenty of natural light! I was really excited about the patio. Aesthetically beautiful and spacious with a lounge area and outside bar. Tvs outside too. Super smart. Oh, and great menu too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Soft Shell CrabsoldfoodloversDined on 6/16/2014If you like seafood, Maryland Style, this is a gem. We have been there twice in the same week. The crab imperial is wonderful...baked, creamy, with chunks of lump crab. The soft shell crabs were done perfectly...lightly seasoned so you taste the crab and lightly fried. Either the sandwich or the platter are a hit.Special Features:
- Great timeLargefamilyDined on 6/15/2014Thank your for serving our large group so well on a busy SundaySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never on Fathers DayOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/15/2014Service was lousy. Waiter bought me a ribeye when I asked for pasta. My entree was brought out by the time everyone else had finished eating. Very dissatisfied.
- Nice AtmosphereJSP24Dined on 6/15/2014Very nice remodel and nice atmosphere. Service average, 2 meals were wrong out of 6. But to there credit, very apologetic and corrected family promptly. No offer for credit or discount. Nice experience overallSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- baltimoreJimDined on 6/14/2014WE took my father to Michaels and had a great experience. The seafood was well prepared as well as my veal francaise. We will go back.Special Features:
- Great BrunchSMR1989VIPDined on 6/14/2014Pleasantly surprised! Had not been to Michael's since their renovation. The new bar area is great. Open, airy, bright. Food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistantly InconsistantpackygirlVIPDined on 6/11/2014Loved the menu so much last Wednesday that we came back again this Wednesday for the grilled calamari. It was a different recipe, flavor and portion. Very disappointed. My husband's rock fish was mediocre at best.
- Outdoor patio is great!HankDined on 6/5/2014We had a great lunch with family on the outdoor patio. Food was great and the service was just as good.Special Features:
- Kitchen caught on fire.dribbs513Dined on 6/2/2014We never actually were able to eat at Michael's, despite really wanting to. Their kitchen caught on fire, about thirty minutes before our reservation. I guess things happen and you can't really be upset about this, as the restaurant certainly didn't intend for this to happen.
- First visit...DRad66VIPDined on 5/31/2014This was our first visit to Michael's Cafe. Don't know if they were having an off night but we were there on Saturday @7 pm, and they were already out of many entree and dessert items. Unfortunately, each of the first two items we tried to order, we were then told, oh we're out of that. Not sure if it is poor ordering, poor planning or what, but we settled on our entrees order, which were only so-so. On the recommendation of our nice server we ordered the Molten Lava cake. Having experienced this dessert at many, many restaurants over the years, can easily say that this was the most horrible rendition of it I have ever had the misfortune to eat. It was like a dry chocolate muffin and they squirted chocolate fudge into the bottom. Awful!Special Features:
- Excellent FoodPeggyBDined on 5/31/2014The seafood here is great. Love the Cream of Crab soup. All the crab dishes are good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for large groupsOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 5/30/2014We have been going to Michaels once a year with a large group for dinner. We are in town for a lacrosse tournament. Always great service and wonderful food.Special Features:
- Went there for special occasionatcbrbDined on 5/29/2014I have been to Michael's in the past (long ago) and remembered it was pretty good then. Don't live in the immediate area so had not been there recently but knew they had remodeled so decided to give it a try. Nice decor, not too noisy. Food was good, not spectacular but worth the trip. Will go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.