2119 York Road
Timonium, MD 21093Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.michaelscafe.com/
- Phone: 4102522022
- Hours of Operation:
Open 10am Everyday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: PLEASE CALL
- Entertainment: EVERY WEDNESDAY 7PM AND EVERY FRIDAY 9PM
A word from Michael's Cafe
It is constant attention to detail that sets Michael's apart from the rest. The Dellis family welcomes you. Our commiment to quality, service and atmosphere are key to the success of our restaurant. We pride ourselves on the fact that the majority of our menu is homemade, using only the finest and freshest ingredients.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Michael's Cafe - Best Restaurants in Timonium ›
Michael's Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
143 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (79)great for lunch (53)vibrant bar scene (48)fit for foodies (45)good for groups (42)special occasion (34)great for outdoor dining (33)great for brunch (24)hot spot (18)kid-friendly (14)romantic (14)late-night find (13)notable wine list (7)scenic view (2)Show More
- icemanVIPDined on 9/27/2014Even with our reservation, and the already empty table we were eventually given, we waited about 35 minutes to be seated. Then, it was another 10 to 15 minutes for the waitress to take our order. We waited roughly 15 minutes for our salads, and before we were finished eating them, the entrees came. I realize that it was Saturday, and they were very busy, but the poor handling of our reservation, the delay in delivery of our salads, and the too-soon appearance of our entrees, all added up to a very unpleasant experience. It almost appears that they were totally unprepared to do this volume of business. However, they are always busy and crowded, so it is inexcusable. We were there roughly two hours....much too long!!!Special Features:
- Consistently Good!ConnieVIPDined on 9/21/2014Always a pleasure dining at Michael's! The food is delicious and the service is top notch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, but a bit expensiveGirlsNightOutVIPDined on 9/18/2014My friends and I all liked the food, but the entrees are on the pricey side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyedBlondieDined on 9/18/2014We wanted to go to a nice restaurant with good food.Michaels was recomended, it was our first time there, but it will not be our last. The waitress was so nice and quick to service our table.Mary is a assett to Michaels.The food was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfect for partiescaheVIPDined on 9/14/2014Michaels has been around for a while...and has always had a great reputation for being a good spot for a party! the environment and space available for a large group is perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow service.rickzDined on 9/14/2014Slow service. Perhaps they were short staffed. Brunch menu is great, but not logging me in to Open Table to show I kept the reservation and slow service just doesn't cut it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great findziggyDined on 9/12/2014We haven't been to Michaels in many years and it was a pleasure to return. The addition is very nice and the atmosphere is very energetic. The menu is very diverse and the food was great. Two people from our group got a burger with a soft shell crab on top which they said was delicious. The shrimp tacos were also good. The only major problem was we ate outside and when the sun set there were no lights. I mean we ate in the dark-we couldn't see our food. There was a little candle on the table but that didn't help. It would have been nice to see what we were eating. Aside from that the experience was great. Also, our server Lauren was right on the ball and a pleasure to deal with.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/11/2014Consistently great crab cakes. New outdoor dining very nice but also very dark and our candle kept blowing out. Our waiter worked hard to keep relighting, but it just not stay lit and was annoying. Some added outdoor lighting would be nice for anyone eating dinner. Since it was a Ravens game night, we had a flat screen TV right by our table. It just seemed a strange place to put a flat screen.Special Features:
- RiversDined on 9/8/2014I live on the Eastern Shore now but every couple of months I get together with a number of friends and family for lunch or dinner at Michael's. The food is great, the service wonderful. Monday night all three of us in my party had a different meal and we all were completely satisfied. Also this past Christmas the restaurant accommodated our group of 18. No matter the size of our party we've received excellent food and service.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 9/3/2014Michael's makes the best soft shell crabs in town. Also I love the way they prepare Branzino. It is both moist and tasty. You can't beat the price on Mediterranean night.Special Features:
- 2dinersVIPDined on 9/3/2014This was my second time in a week to have an outstanding lunch. The service was outstanding. We were in the new bar area. It must be a fun place to be in the evening,as well. The steak was prepared to a perfect medium rare and seasoned perfectly. Mini crab balls were all crab not filler. I will return soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CharlieVIPDined on 8/31/2014Food and service were both excellent. Restaurant is conveniently located 1/2 mile off of I-83 in Timonium. We have been there many times and will continue to return.Special Features:
- Rude Server4daluvofoodVIPDined on 8/27/2014It was very busy during lunch but our server was busy chatting to co-workers and complaining to us. He didn't listen to our order and brought our oysters and soup at the same time then we had to wait 15 for him to bring our guest his food, which meant our soup got cold. I asked him three times to hold off on the soup. There are so many wonderful restaurants in the area, we will NEVER COME BACK HERE!
- Tried it and loved it!Luv2EatOutWithFriendsDined on 8/26/2014Michael's on York Road was recommended by a friend and I'm so glad... great seafood, great service, quiet enough at lunch time to still have a good conversation. Our waitress sensed that we would "be a while" and was attentive but not intrusive and never rushed us. Split-level crab soup is a specialty you have to try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outdoor areaChipVIPDined on 8/24/2014First time at the new outdoor patio. Very nice but music was great but way too loud. We were there on a hot sunny day and not enough umbrellas. Lauren our server very nice and helpful. Burgers were good. The seafood club was a mess.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food good, service the same...poorTerriP54Dined on 8/24/2014I love Michaels. I have been eating there for years. As much I as I love the food, the service still needs to step it up. 15 mins before anyone asked us if we would like water. Really? The outside dining area is fabulous, love the live music too. Please fix the 'service' part. It really is a problem.Special Features:
- A great experience.favmushcapsDined on 8/21/2014A great experience. Celebrated a birthday. we had reservations and was seated right away. The service was great and the food was even greater. Also received free slice of cheesecake for my birthday. I will definitely visit again.Special Features:
- Love itFoodisourloveDined on 8/19/2014The service is great and the food is amazing. We just ate off the happy hour menu, but just with that alone we will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Had a great dining experienceskipsterDined on 8/16/2014Great food, wonderful service, superb ambience. Felt as if I was a friend of the owners. A neighborhood gem in Balto county. I'll gladly return & suggest this place to family & friends.Special Features:
- Great lunchWillieRayDined on 8/10/2014Five of us had a great lunch just after the Sunday brunch. 1/2 x 1/2 crab soup was to die for. I have not been a fan of this mix but Michaels is just fab. Their crab cakes and burger also got great raves. A very consistent operation with quite a variety of seating options. Keep up the good workSpecial Features:
- Nothing Special!Tigger62Dined on 8/8/2014Decent food, but pricey! I had the lobster crab cake which didn't taste any different from a regular crab cake. I am not a fan of bottled salad dressings...it would be nice to have at least one or 2 homemade. Didn't order apps. or dessert b/c just too pricey. Nice place to catch up with an old friend...we cold hear each other and didn't have to compete with noise. Like I said nothing special or memorable, but wouldn't not go back. Easily accessible off of I-83Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2dinersVIPDined on 8/8/2014Great new patio and bar. Service was perfect. Good balance and knew the menu. I am sure that it is a hot spot at night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to eat and relaxTillmoore2014VIPDined on 8/4/2014The food was fresh and tasty!! The service was excellent!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Dining experienceFiddleleafDined on 8/2/2014Michael's Cafe appears to have completed it's remodeling. The NEW Michael's appearance is outstanding with great ambiance. Food was great. Service was friendly, timely, accurate. Wait staff were always available to support (bus boys and kitchen staff) our server. The general manager was quite congenial and had time to ask the status of service and food quality. Busy place but noise was well handled to allow table conversation.Special Features:
- Very good, but ...pikesvilledinerVIPDined on 8/2/2014I took our family to Michael's - this includes 2 teenagers - and our experience was quite good. The only disappointment was the crabcakes, which is perplexing given that Michael's has a reputation for the best crabcakes in the area. That is just not the case. My husband had the prime rib special and he enjoyed it. My daughter had the burger, which was huge ... necessary to make the orders that big? My order of salad and the tuna tataki app were excellent - a good value. We will go back, but not for a while and it won't be to order crabcakes.Special Features:
- Acoustically ChallengedVisitorsDined on 7/30/2014This review is specifically for the patio/bar portion of the restaurant. It's a great place to meet friends/co-workers after work. Not so much to have a dining experience. It's a wide open space with some tables, but it seems to cater to those who wish to stand around drinking and chattering. It's very difficult to have a conversation whilst having dinner. On the other hand, the other rooms of this restaurant are very nice... as long as you are not seated too close to the open room of the patio/bar.Special Features:
- CharlieVIPDined on 7/19/2014Crabcakes were excellent. Soft shell crab also excellent. service was excellent. Very enjoyable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Some of the old and some newOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/17/2014New menu since my last visit to Michael's, with some favorites as well as some new items: lobster/crabcake! Loved an old favorite, the fried green tomato with lump crab appetizer; my crab imperial was great; my companion loved her Michael's scallops, too. The tomato/corn side needs some work--a good concept, but it didn't quite make the grade. Service was friendly, knowledgeable, and efficient.Special Features:
- noisey in new bar areaFoodieVIPDined on 7/17/2014Since there are no "soft goods" (rugs, draperies, etc.) to absorb the noise, the level of noise was terrible, although there were only about 12 people in the room. The dragging of chairs across the bare floor, clatter of plates, and loud conversation made it almost impossible to hear across the table. I won't eat in that room again.Special Features:
- Great Night OutLeighDined on 7/14/2014We went here recently for a birthday dinner. Our server was great - quick with the drinks and very friendly. The food was amazing! We had the charbroiled oysters, lightly fried calamari & a mix of raw oysters to start - all so good! The entrees were just as good or better. I knew they had pretty good food but either we hit them on a really good night, or their pretty good food has risen to the level of greatness. Highly recommend!!Special Features:
- diner4UnmeDined on 7/13/2014Outstanding food and service and a wonderful place for dining on any occasion. If you have friends from out-of-town, they will be thrilled to dine at Michael's. We bring many of our friends here, especially if they have never been here before; and reservations for five or more is a must. Desserts are a must, but appetizers and entree's are so delicious one can easily eat to overflow and miss the great cakes and pies.Special Features:
- great spot!!TmanVIPDined on 7/11/2014very good service in the new bar area and an excellent crab cake-one of the best we had in BaltimoreSpecial Features:
- Not What we expectedLeensDined on 7/11/2014We decided not to go downtown to a restaurant to celebrate my husband's birthday & made a reservation at Miachel's. It was super busy and by the time the waitress go to us, we told her our drink order, app order and dinner order....next thing we know, the helper brings our app and 30 seconds later the waitress brings our dinner. We were at a tiny table with no room for all of this food. No offer to keep our food under the warmer. We asked if she could pack up the app (it was $13) and didn't want to waste food. I would have expected her to say, there will be no charge for the app, or let me cover your 2 drinks. Not sure if we will be returning to Michael's.
- Best Biggest Soft Crabs in TownTheBiteDined on 7/6/2014For a Sunday Night, the restaurant was surprisingly full. We were seated in the more formal area of the restaurant which is comfortable and quiet. Michaels has my favorite wine Sonoma Cutrer and fills the glass so you really feel like you have more gulps for your investment. The soft crabs were running and my dinner partner and I both ordered the sandwich. It was perfect, the soft crabs had lots of meat inside and the claws extended well outside the bread. They were fried to the ultimate crispness and arrived with fresh toast and summer ripened tomatoes and fresh greens. I wanted to go back the next night for an encore! For those that want a more lively scene, the outdoor dining area had a band and ideal summer breezes.Special Features:
- Impressive first timekateewaldVIPDined on 6/27/2014A real Timonium gem. This was my first time dining, and both the food and service were great (I was at the bar). I took advantage of the buck-a-shuck oysters during happy hour, and ordered the fried green tomatoes with crab meat and a lemon beurre blanc on top, which were pretty darn good too. My old fashioned was a little weak, and although the bartender was very nice and accommodating, there were a few menu questions he couldn't answer, and he didn't tell most of the guests around me that the kitchen had run out of certain dishes (or it wasn't communicated to him). I am definitely going back.Special Features:
- outdoor diningHenryVIPDined on 6/27/2014we ate on the new outdoor patio. The the food and atmosphere was exceptional. We celebrating my daughter's birthday in a great environment.Special Features:
- AliskjeDined on 6/26/2014After waiting too long, for our confirmed reservation from opentable, we were going to leave. I was told that your company had us sitting in a booth in a certain room, that was occupied, and that was the delay. I asked and was given another table in another room immediately.Special Features:
- Everyone was happyBigRubeVIPDined on 6/24/2014There were 4 of us and we were all happy with our meals. My husband said his cream of crab soup was delicious and full of large chunks of crab. My mother and I had the shrimp/feta/tomato tower, which looked spectacular and tasted just as good. My husband had the shrimp salad/crab club sandwich, which was good but a little spicy for his taste. My cousin had the shrimp salad sandwich, which she loved. My husband got vanilla ice cream for dessert, which he declared to be one of the best he's had. I had the lemon pie, which was wonderful, clean and fresh, and lemony. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GoodBenBVIPDined on 6/21/2014Another lovely dining experience at Michael's. The renovations are spot on, opening up the space and adding light. Service was prompt, knowledgeable and friendly but not overdone. I always get the crab cake, it's my favorite crab cake in the area. My wife had the Salmon and liked it very much. Michaels is in our restaurant rotation and never disappoints.Special Features:
- Fantastic patio!iheartdiningoutVIPDined on 6/17/2014This was my first time back since the expansion. What a great choice in adding the huge additional bar with plenty of natural light! I was really excited about the patio. Aesthetically beautiful and spacious with a lounge area and outside bar. Tvs outside too. Super smart. Oh, and great menu too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.